PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou upsets Blow U @Norman

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
71-69. Impressive.

gblowfish
01-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Plaige probably slipped Kelvin a couple hundred grand in Wal Mart Bucks so Quinnie could keep his gig next year.

KcMizzou
01-10-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised and impressed. I didn't expect much this season.

I thought for sure when Godbold got away with tipping that ball back in, that we'd lose. Did you see that?

Frazod
01-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Cool. Just got my Independence Bowl t-shirt delivered today, too. :thumb:

Spott
01-10-2006, 09:17 PM
We got lucky at the end, but we've had a lot of bad luck in close games the past few years against OU. It's about time they got the bad luck.

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah..**** the land thieves. I hate Kelvin Sampson. And I hope the Gooners get some serious NCAA sanctions, soon.

Skip Towne
01-10-2006, 09:22 PM
For once I'm happy with a MUron victory. Only because I know they won't get many more.

Reaper16
01-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Good. I like to see MU succeed. Barring a rift in the space-time continuum, they won't be going dancing, so they're season still hinges on beating KU. Go Tiggers.

Spott
01-10-2006, 09:29 PM
It never fails. You can't talk about Mizzou basketball without some inbred KU pansies jumping in and opening their big pie holes.

teedubya
01-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Go MU!!

ROFL

Braincase
01-10-2006, 09:32 PM
It never fails. You can't talk about Mizzou basketball without some inbred KU pansies jumping in and opening their big pie holes.

MMmmm. Pie.

|Zach|
01-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Good win...5th straight.

ArrowheadHawk
01-10-2006, 10:29 PM
STFU! BTW bucknell aint funny no more they are a good team

|Zach|
01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
STFU! BTW bucknell aint funny no more they are a good team
No, it is still funny.

Bob Dole
01-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Cool. Just got my Independence Bowl t-shirt delivered today, too. :thumb:

Dat a good deal fo you dere, Beadreaux. Woo.

Welcome to the Ark-La-Tex.

leviw
01-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Quin is hanging on tight. Now can Wooldridge do the same in Manhattan? HUGE game tomorrow night in Manhattan in regards to his future...

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Quin is hanging on tight. Now can Wooldridge do the same in Manhattan? HUGE game tomorrow night in Manhattan in regards to his future...
Tommorow night, Huge? We will destroy NU like we usually do, methinks. NU sucks as bad on the road as we do.

HUGE is saturday in Lawrence. A loss, not surprising. A win? Huge.

I still can't get over how bad we are on the road, and how we fold late in the game. It kills me.

Frazod
01-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Dat a good deal fo you dere, Beadreaux. Woo.

Welcome to the Ark-La-Tex.

Is TK using your computer? :D

leviw
01-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Tommorow night, Huge? We will destroy NU like we usually do, methinks. NU sucks as bad on the road as we do.

HUGE is saturday in Lawrence. A loss, not surprising. A win? Huge.

I still can't get over how bad we are on the road, and how we fold late in the game. It kills me.

Why does it kill you? It's been happening for five-straight years. Dude, if Wooly loses tomorrow (easily could happen despite your prediction) and then loses ON THE ROAD on Saturday...he's done. Not even Wefald will be able to save him, this time around.

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Why does it kill you? It's been happening for five-straight years. Dude, if Wooly loses tomorrow (easily could happen despite your prediction) and then loses ON THE ROAD on Saturday...he's done. Not even Wefald will be able to save him, this time around.
It kills me cause im a passionate fan. Can't take much more of it.

He won't be "done" if that happens. They won't fire him midseason. However, if he doesn't get us an upper-half Big XII finish, an NCAA tourney bid, and a win over KU, i'd say he's done at the end of the season.

ArrowheadHawk
01-10-2006, 11:26 PM
... a win over KU.....
:LOL:

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
:LOL:
"what's RPI"

ArrowheadHawk
01-10-2006, 11:30 PM
"what's RPI"
rpi won't win games

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 11:31 PM
That last comment is so stupid, it does not warrant a response, beyond this of course.

|Zach|
01-10-2006, 11:33 PM
No, it is still funny.
Yup...

Still funny...

Bob Dole
Is TK using your computer? :D

Okay then. YOU try to type in coon-ass and let's see how it reads...

ArrowheadHawk
That last comment is so stupid, it does not warrant a response, beyond this of course.
what have you decided that you are a k-state fan this year and no longer a ku fan?

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 11:34 PM
what have you decided that you are a k-state fan this year and no longer a ku fan?
:rolleyes:

I've seen you root for K-State. What are you?

ArrowheadHawk
01-10-2006, 11:36 PM
:rolleyes:

I've seen you root for K-State. What are you?
ku fan...the only time i have rooted for kstate was in a bowl game and thats been awhile

btw how many ranked teams has ksu beat?
ku has beat 1

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 11:40 PM
ku fan...the only time i have rooted for kstate was in a bowl game and thats been awhile

btw how many ranked teams has ksu beat?
ku has beat 1
You rooted for K-State when they played Marshall. Go Cats!

How many ranked teams has KSU beat? None, of course. We haven't played any ranked teams. Makes it kind of difficult to beat them if you haven't played them, don't you think?

By the way, the "ranked team" you beat is no longer ranked. And they lost tonight, at home. Real nice.

ArrowheadHawk
01-10-2006, 11:41 PM

How many ranked teams has KSU beat? None, of course. We haven't played any ranked teams. Makes it kind of difficult to beat them if you haven't played them, don't you think?

By the way, the "ranked team" you beat is no longer ranked. And they lost tonight, at home. Real nice.
ok you got me i remember the marshall game but i don't activily root for them i will root for any big 12 team except mizzoo if they are playing and there is nothing else to watch

leviw
01-10-2006, 11:42 PM

That's their own fault.

ArrowheadHawk
01-10-2006, 11:43 PM
ok we will see on saturday...too bad i will be out of town and won't see the game i will have to tivo it

Saulbadguy
01-10-2006, 11:46 PM
ok we will see on saturday...too bad i will be out of town and won't see the game i will have to tivo it
I'll be at the game, and depending on the outcome, could end up in the Douglas County Jail. We've got quite the celebration planned if we get the upset.

alanm
01-11-2006, 12:11 AM
71-69. Impressive.
How good can they be? Nebraska just beat them Sunday when they were ranked 15th. :hmmm:

Imon Yourside
01-11-2006, 01:25 AM
RPI=Bullsheet, we had #1 RPI last year and got a 4 seed for it. The mildcats RPI is 42 so they will get a 168 seed in the big dance. FUGG the RPI!

KChiefs1
01-11-2006, 08:47 PM
How good can they be?

KEEP F*CKING DOUBTING THE TIGERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, bring them on. Give me the reasons Missouri fans shouldn't get excited about this basketball team right now. I've heard most of them.

Okie State isn't as good as they have been:

Maybe not, but most non-partial observers probably picked the Cowboys to win that game, they are afterall still coached by Eddie Sutton right & Quin Snyder still roams the sidelines for Mizzou right? The Tigers put together a very solid all-around performance and won the ballgame. Lucky bastards right? Maybe....

Oklahoma isn't as good as everyone thought:

Again, you're right. Again, so what? The game was in Norman f*cking Oklahoma dude! The Tigers trailed by as many as seven in the second half. The cheating Sooners had a guy knock a ball back inbounds from their own bench in the final two minutes and they were allowed to maintain possession. Missouri was murdered on the boards, 39-26. The Tigers lost their main frontcourt threat against the second-best frontcourt in the conference. Missouri didn't, if you want to be totally honest, play that well. And they won! Keep Doubting MoFo's!

You can only play the teams on your schedule. And, to be honest, other than Texas, I'm not sure Missouri will face any teams much better than the Pokes and the Sooners. The Big 12, if you hadn't noticed, ain't all that hot....that includes you KU! Yeah that Kentucky win doesn't look so good now does it? Vanderbilt beat UK at Rupp! 32 years since that has happened! BTW...WTF has happened to Kentucky???????

Thomas Gardner can't keep up his torrid pace:

This one, from the Dream Team known as Dave "You'd never know I'm not on the KU payroll" Armstrong and Chris "I injured myself hopping off of Danny Manning's back in 1988" Piper, might be my favorite. Oh really? Can't he? He's done it for 13 friggin' games in a row now. That's nearly half the season. He leads the Big 12 in scoring. He hits ridiculous shots. Why can't he keep it up? If anything, Gardner might pick it up. The kid is a stud.

The Mizzou post players aren't good enough:

Well, if you ask me, Kevin Young played 10 of the greatest minutes of his life in the second half against the Sooners before he fouled out. I know that isn't saying much, but if you had been paying attention in November and December(most Mizzou fans weren't judging from the attendance at the Mizzou Arena). He was a worthless bag of shit during those months. He scored nine points and grabbed three rebounds, all in the second half, when I wasn't sure he'd hopped on the team plane out of Columbia. The guy takes heat day after day after day. Nobody's going to mistake him for Shaquille O'Neal and he's going to miss at least one shot a game that makes you beat your wife. But he's also going to work his butt off and there's not a player left on Missouri's schedule big enough to completely handle him one-on-one. I'm not saying Young's going to light everyone up, but he is a presence in the middle. Kalen Grimes isn't an all-star, but he's done some good things in the last two weeks...and KU recruited him, so he must be good right?

We're Mizzou...this can't last:

This one might be the most illogical, and yet still the strongest, argument. There have been some awful, awful things happen to this athletic department over the past few years and decades. Call it Snakebitten U.

I'm not telling you to jump on the bandwagon yet if you don't want to. In fact, I think the Tigers and a lot of their fans would prefer you didn't. Last week, Quin "Popcorn" Snyder proclaimed it was "us against the world." They're playing this underdog role pretty well. Two weeks ago, Snyder wasn't just a lame duck coach, he was done. Rick Majerus was telling everyone he was available to coach next year and John Calipari was in Columbia over the Christmas break(supposedly to visit his in-laws, but who knows?).

No, I'm not telling you to believe. But I'll tell you one thing that is way more important than whether you believe or I believe: This team believes. If you have watched the last 80 minutes of basketball they have played, you can't deny that.

The Tigers believe Gardner is going to knock down that fadeaway three-pointer he took over Taj Gray. They believe Young is going to go toe-to-toe with the best big men in the league. They believe Marshall Brown is going to make the free throws with 1.8 seconds left. They believe that Jimmy McKinney, who hasn't made a shot all night long, is going to hit the spinning jumper to put his team in front. They believe Matt Lawrence is going to come off the bench stone cold and can a three in somebody's face. And most importantly, they believe in their coach and they believe, finally, in his message.

"If we pull that one off, man," McKinney said about the Oklahoma game, "Our confidence is going to be so high, we feel like we can beat anyone."

No Tiger is probably screaming for a rematch with Illinois just yet. But they're hardly shaking in their boots looking at a five game stretch of home games against the likes of lowly Colorado, lowly Kansas and lowly Iowa State mixed with road trips to lowly K-State and lowly Nebraska. Don't look too far ahead. This team is as capable of losing to Colorado as it is of blowing the Buffs out of the building.

But you know what? Believe if you want to. It's okay. Tiger fans deserve it. But if you don't believe, if you can't buy in, no problem. If you want to play pessimist, along with most likely every national media member, feel free. The Tigers kind of like it that way.

After the OSU game, without being asked, McKinney implored of reporters, "You don't know." He was telling us that we didn't know what a great coach Quin Snyder was. Is that true? I won't go that far yet yet, but I'll tell you what: For the first time in a few years, there's reason to hope around Missouri basketball.

KEEP F*CKING DOUBTING THE FIGHTIN' TIGERS OF OLE MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!