PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo picks Broncos to win Super Bowl

HolmeZz
01-11-2006, 05:26 PM
On Sportscenter's Budweiser Hot Seat.

Also seemed excited about having a new coach in here. When asked if he'd start Priest or Larry, he said he'd go with Larry because of age and because he's got the hot hand.

kcfanXIII
01-11-2006, 05:28 PM
he also said team needed more disipline. that some of the players would take advantage of vermiels kindness.

ChiTown
01-11-2006, 05:36 PM
People took advtg of Vermiels kindness? How can that be?

We were the leagues GREATEST 10-6 team this year. That's a helluva nice achievement for a group that continually underachieved............

StcChief
01-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Picks the Donxs. AFCW homerism.

beavis
01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
We were the leagues GREATEST 10-6 team this year. That's a helluva nice achievement for a group that continually underachieved............
Yeah, but we would have made the playoffs if the damned NFL would just expand them for our underchieving asses!

sedated
01-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, but we would have made the playoffs if the damned NFL would just expand them for our underchieving asses!

yeah, let the league solve our problems for us. :rolleyes:

can't make it in? We'll expand the playoffs until you can

Herzig
01-11-2006, 06:12 PM
he also said team needed more disipline. that some of the players would take advantage of vermiels kindness.

I'm surprised that no one's posted a thread about this comment :hmmm:

Rain Man
This is heresy.

Eleazar
reverse mojo

Mile High Mania
01-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Gonzo is a smart man... picks the Broncos and appears to not be a big fan of DV's coaching with the discipline comment. Good man.

Frazod
01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
The players don't have the team hatred the fans do. When I met Eddie Kennison, even he seemed surprised when I told him how much I hated Denver. It's just a friggin job to them.

Nelson Muntz
01-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Gonzo is a smart man... picks the Broncos and appears to not be a big fan of DV's coaching with the discipline comment. Good man.

Probably reverse mojo

Donger
01-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Woohoo! I finally get to live in a town whose team wins an NFL championship.

tommykat
01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
The players don't have the team hatred the fans do. When I met Eddie Kennison, even he seemed surprised when I told him how much I hated Denver. It's just a friggin job to them.

I can understand what you are saying.....but they (the Chiefs) have to have some hate towards a team, yes?

Frazod
01-11-2006, 07:47 PM
I can understand what you are saying.....but they (the Chiefs) have to have some hate towards a team, yes?

You'd think somebody like Gonzo, who has only played for us, might harbor stronger feelings than those who've bounced around, but apparently not.

Mile High Mania
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Frazod has a good point... back in the 60s-80s, you probably had more die hard hatred from players towards teams. But, with FA moving so many players around and teams letting go of veterans when they get to $$$, I imagine they're numb to the bitter rivalry that fans have around the league.

VonneMarie
01-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Gonzo saying that is all about the reverse mojo...

OldTownChief
01-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Hating a team and picking them to win the SB are two different things IMO.

CHENZ A!
01-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Just beacause TG picked the Broncos, doesn't necessarily mean he's rooting for them.

Amnorix
01-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the free agency age. These days, with so much roster turnover, and with players moving around so much, like Frazod said it's just a job. Players are just hired mercenaries. There may be some team loyalty and such, but the hatred for rivals like in the 60s and 70s (in all sports) doesn't really exist anymore.

Amnorix
01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Frazod has a good point... back in the 60s-80s, you probably had more die hard hatred from players towards teams. But, with FA moving so many players around and teams letting go of veterans when they get to $$$, I imagine they're numb to the bitter rivalry that fans have around the league.

I now see I was beaten to it. Well done.

Boardin Bronco
01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the free agency age. These days, with so much roster turnover, and with players moving around so much, like Frazod said it's just a job. Players are just hired mercenaries. There may be some team loyalty and such, but the hatred for rivals like in the 60s and 70s (in all sports) doesn't really exist anymore.

Great points by you, frazod and Mile High Mania.

To add to that, the NFL players of today's age hangout with one another at the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl and other offseason events. Just being in the NFL is a fraternity in itself.

In the past, the players oftentimes had offseason jobs to supplement their income and they wanted nothing to do with the Super Bowl unless they were suiting up.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 10:10 PM
I think you're right and I'd probably be the same way. If Dish Notwork wasn't such a piece of shit I'd probably work for them.

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I can tell you why..He wants to be a Bronco. This is his way of reaching out to us from behind the Wall.

Imon Yourside
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
I can tell you why..He wants to be a Bronco. This is his way of reaching out to us from behind the Wall.

Or not! He was definitely using the Reverse Mojo Thang.

ArrowheadHawk
01-11-2006, 10:53 PM
doesn't matter what gonzales thinks donkeys will be owned this weekend

Sybil
01-11-2006, 11:24 PM

Can relate to that, can you? Given the gay avatar you are sportin', that would mean....

ArrowheadHawk
01-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Can relate to that, can you? Given the gay avatar you are sportin', that would mean....
rep :thumb: nice bronco bashin n00b

Sybil
01-11-2006, 11:26 PM
rep :thumb: nice bronco bashin n00b
Rep? Is that bad? Or good?

Johnson&Johnson
01-11-2006, 11:29 PM

We would have if the #1 offense could score more than 3 pts vs. a crappy Bills team.

We would have if Chiefs defense played NFL football vs. Giants instead of flag football... Herm better make sure the defense understand tackling

Miles
01-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I like that he changed it up after first saying the generic pick of the Colts.

Johnson&Johnson
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM

He picks bronco to win because everytime Shannon Sharpe pick KC to win on NFL today, we loose.

Gonzo is simply returning the favor of jinx factor from a pro-bowl TE.

Mile High Mania
01-12-2006, 01:19 AM
He picks bronco to win because everytime Shannon Sharpe pick KC to win on NFL today, we loose.

Gonzo is simply returning the favor of jinx factor from a pro-bowl TE.

I hope that Denver is 'loose' on Saturday... last thing they need to be is uptight. Loose is the way to be.

greg63
01-12-2006, 01:29 AM
Gonzo picks Broncos to win Super Bowl

On Sportscenter's Budweiser Hot Seat.

Also seemed excited about having a new coach in here. When asked if he'd start Priest or Larry, he said he'd go with Larry because of age and because he's got the hot hand.Jake the Fake will crash and burn.