PDA

View Full Version : Per the ESPN bottom line...Kirk Ferentz....

DTLB58
01-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Has withdrawn his name for consideration from any HC job in the NFL.

siberian khatru
01-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Pussy.

Marco Polo
01-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Yay!!!

shakesthecat
01-11-2006, 09:04 PM
whew

Hoover
01-11-2006, 09:04 PM
I told ya, he's a few years away from a national championship run at Iowa

Plus he has two kids yet in school

BigVE
01-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Withdraw before you have to endure the embarrassment of NO HC offers.

Chan93lx50
01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
THANK YOU!

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Withdraw before you have to endure the embarrassment of NO HC offers.
Exactly what I was thinking. I haven't heard his name mentioned for ANY NFL openings. Oh, BTW, I am withdrawing my name for all head coaching positions.

Logical
01-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Why should anyone care? Other than his family of course. Iowa fans should probably be unhappy, more medicrity in their future. He appears to be the type of coach Carl would like, just good enough to win never good enough to get a sniff of the national championship.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Mark Mangino will announce he has no intention of entertaining offers from Notre Dame... I mean the NFL.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
He already met with Houston, so the "no offers" thing doesn't hold a lot of water. Most teams probably assumed he wasn't available since he's turned down opportunities in the past.

If he had made it clear he was looking, he would have had plenty of interviews.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 09:17 PM
He already met with Houston, so the "no offers" thing doesn't hold a lot of water. Most teams probably assumed he wasn't available since he's turned down opportunities in the past.

If he had made it clear he was looking, he would have had plenty of interviews.
That can't be right since he has said he wouldn't leave until his kids graduated. You Iowa guys are hilarious.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Mark Mangino will announce he has no intention of entertaining offers from Notre Dame... I mean the NFL.
You're just pissed because he's a Wildcat killer.

Amnorix
01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Great. The fewer BB disciples in the NFL as HCs, the better.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 09:22 PM
That can't be right since he has said he wouldn't leave until his kids graduated. You Iowa guys are hilarious.He did say that he wouldn't leave until his kids graduated.

But he was in Texas this weekend for NCAA coaches meetings, and informed the Unversity that he was meeting with Houston while he was there (as required by his contract). It may have been posturing for more money at U of I, but Houston interviewed him all the same.

If you guys think he's not been an NFL candidate the last few years, you're ignorant on the subject.

Personally, I'm glad he's staying at Iowa if he isn't coming to KC.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 09:28 PM
You're just pissed because he's a Wildcat killer.

ROFL

BigVE
01-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Personally, I'm glad he's staying at Iowa ...

Me too. He is NOT ready to be a HC in the NFL...assistant MAYBE.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Me too. He is NOT ready to be a HC in the NFL...assistant MAYBE.How long have you been an NFL GM?

BigVE
01-11-2006, 09:33 PM
How long have you been an NFL GM?

Just as long as your "know it all" @ss.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I'd rather have Mangino that Ferentz. Mangino can beat Iowa State.

Old Dog
01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
What Skip said.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Just as long as your "know it all" @ss.The difference being, my opinion is based on the fact that he has already been interviewed for NFL HC jobs several times.

Basically, you're claiming to know more than the GMs who have already considered him.

BigVE
01-11-2006, 09:41 PM
The difference being, my opinion is based on the fact that he has already been interviewed for NFL HC jobs several times.

Basically, you're claiming to know more than the GMs who have already considered him.

Wouldnt you be a bit CURIOUS as to why he has has sooooo many interviews but NO HC job???

Hmmm.

Your saying that he is just turning them all down because he is sooo good and ready to be HC?

Your obviously infatuated with this guy, and thats ok. Im not.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Wouldnt you be a bit CURIOUS as to why he has has sooooo many interviews but NO HC job???

Hmmm.

Your saying that he is just turning them all down because he is sooo good and ready to be HC?

Your obviously infatuated with this guy, and thats ok. Im not.You don't have to be infatuated with the guy to realize he's a legit NFL HC candidate. Are the guys on ESPN and NFL Network infatuated? Are the GMs that interview him infatuated? It's not like this is some rumor perpetuated by hawkeye homers.

I don't know why every year he interviews with one or two teams and then withdraws. Apparently he's waiting for the right opportunity. Or maybe he really wants to wait until his kids graduate from school. Or maybe he's doing it to get a bigger payday at Iowa, since every time he does it he ends up with a raise.

The one thing I do know is at least a few GMs are taking him seriously enough to go after him. I put more stock in that than your opinion that he isn't ready. Hell, Jacksonville wanted him a few years back, but had to settle on Del Rio when Ferentz pulled his name out.

BigVE
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
How "legit" can the guy be if he is always the bridesmaid and NEVER the bride??

Interviews dont equal NFL HC ability per se. REAL OFFERS would.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
How "legit" can the guy be if he is always the bridesmaid and NEVER the bride??

Interviews dont equal NFL HC ability per se. REAL OFFERS would.He pulls his name out every year after one interview. Like I said, by all reports, the Jacksonville job was his a few years back.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Why the hell does he interview if he has no intention of taking the job? Just more of your bullshit.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Why the hell does he interview if he has no intention of taking the job? Just more of your bullshit.Like I said, I don't know. I know he gets a raise at Iowa every year after he does it. I know that he's said he wants to wait until his kids graduate.

He may have considered it this year because his son just graduated from Iowa. Houston hit him up, and he was going to be in Texas anyway, so maybe he thought it was worth a shot.

I'm not saying he would get every job he interviewed for. But the fact that GMs interview him at least show that he's considered a viable candidate by people a lot smarter than you and me.

If you think it's bullshit, I suggest you look into it. Do a google on ferentz and the nfl. If I'm full of shit, you won't find anything backing me up.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Like I said, I don't know. I know he gets a raise at Iowa every year after he does it. .

Sounds like a Stoops. That's where Mangina learnt it.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Just a few articles from Hawkeye homers, perpetuating the Kirk Ferentz myth. :rolleyes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5209202

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2280608

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/JAC/6128379

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Like I said, I don't know. I know he gets a raise at Iowa every year after he does it. I know that he's said he wants to wait until his kids graduate.

He may have considered it this year because his son just graduated from Iowa. Houston hit him up, and he was going to be in Texas anyway, so maybe he thought it was worth a shot.

I'm not saying he would get every job he interviewed for. But the fact that GMs interview him at least show that he's considered a viable candidate by people a lot smarter than you and me.

If you think it's bullshit, I suggest you look into it. Do a google on ferentz and the nfl. If I'm full of shit, you won't find anything backing me up.
I certainly don't know much about it but the Iowa guys say he is definately staying till his kids graduate then you say he is interviewing. I haven't seen anybody give him a smell and then he "withdraws" from consideration. Total bullshit to me. He isn't that good of a college coach that I can see. I'm damn glad the Chiefs didn't go for him. Even Carl isn't THAT stupid.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 10:27 PM
I certainly don't know much about it but the Iowa guys say he is definately staying till his kids graduate then you say he is interviewing. I haven't seen anybody give him a smell and then he "withdraws" from consideraton. Total bullshit to me. He isn't that good of a college coach that I can see. I'm damn glad the Chiefs didn't go for him. Even Carl isn't THAT stupid.Check the links I posted in post #30

Here's another:

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/news.html

I don't know how much college football you watch, but you're crazy if you think he's not a good coach. Kansas would kill babies to get him as their coach.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Check the links I posted in post #30

Here's another:

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/news.html

I don't know how much college football you watch, but you're crazy if you think he's not a good coach. Kansas would kill babies to get him as their coach.
I don't watch that much but Mangino beat Iowa State and Ferentz has lost to them two years running. You do realize Iowa could have had Bob Stoops don't you? Stoops really wanted that job. And he has won a NC and your boy hasn't gotten remotely close. Go argue with somebody on your level. you're clueless.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't watch that much but Mangino beat Iowa State and Ferentz has lost to them two years running. You do realize Iowa could have had Bob Stoops don't you? Stoops really wanted that job. And he has won a NC and your boy hasn't gotten remotely close. Go argue with somebody on your level. you're clueless.I'm clueless? You say an NCAA Coach of the Year isn't that good, but I'm clueless?

Your arguement is based on the fact that Kansas beat ISU and IA didn't?
How many BCS bowl games have Kansas and ISU played in?
How many times have they finished the season in the top ten in the last 7 years?
How many articles can you find mentioning Mangino or McCarney as HC candidates?
How many top ten teams have Kansas and ISU beaten?

Cling tightly to that ISU game, it's the only thing you have in your pathetic attempt to make a point.

As for IA hiring Stoops, what the f*ck does that have to do with anything? Assuming I buy into the idea that Stoops is a better coach, all that would prove is that Iowa's AD is stupid. It doesn't have shit to do with what kind of coach Ferentz is.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 10:53 PM
KIRK FERENTZ, head coach, Iowa. Another college coach with a pro background. Ferentz worked with Bill Belichick and the Cleveland Browns before making the move to Iowa where he's enjoyed extraordinary success. In the last four seasons Iowa has gone 11-2, 10-3, 10-2 and 7-5. What pro executives like about him is that his teams almost always play beyond expectations, outperforming opponents who seem more talented. Moreover, seldom is anyone more prepared than the Hawkeyes, a reflection on their coach. The only question about Ferentz is: Does he want to return to the pros? He says he doesn't, and he's signed through 2012. But if he changes his mind, look for a line to form at his front door -- with Green Bay leading the charge.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9138287

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 10:56 PM
KIRK FERENTZ, head coach, Iowa. Another college coach with a pro background. Ferentz worked with Bill Belichick and the Cleveland Browns before making the move to Iowa where he's enjoyed extraordinary success. In the last four seasons Iowa has gone 11-2, 10-3, 10-2 and 7-5. What pro executives like about him is that his teams almost always play beyond expectations, outperforming opponents who seem more talented. Moreover, seldom is anyone more prepared than the Hawkeyes, a reflection on their coach. The only question about Ferentz is: Does he want to return to the pros? He says he doesn't, and he's signed through 2012. But if he changes his mind, look for a line to form at his front door -- with Green Bay leading the charge.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9138287Yeah, I've seen that line forming at his front door. Absolutely nothing. Pfffft. Yet you say he interviewed with Houston. Which way is it, dumbass? And it is just absolutely laughable that he "withdrew" from consideration when he wasn't even considered by anybody. Who is he trying to shit?

jspchief
01-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I've seen that line forming at his front door. Absolutely nothing. Pfffft. yet you say he interviewed with Houston. Which way is it, dumbass?The date of the article is Jan 2nd dumbf*ck.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 11:04 PM
The date of the article is Jan 2nd dumbf*ck.
You didn't say who wrote it. Sounds like some of Athan's crap. Nobody is looking at Ferentz or it would be in the papers and on the Planet. But you admit he IS available since he was turned down by Houston. Like I said, go argue with those on your level. I'm done with you.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 11:21 PM
You didn't say who wrote it. Sounds like some of Athan's crap. Nobody is looking at Ferentz or it would be in the papers and on the Planet. But you admit he IS available since he was turned down by Houston. Like I said, go argue with those on your level. I'm done with you.Look at the link. It's from CBSSportsline. One of the biggest sports news sites on the web. You know, the one that's partnered with the NFL.

I've posted articles from ESPN, CBS, NFL, and Fox Sports. You think those are comparable to Athan? I could post links to the Houston Chronicle and Washington Post too, but I'm done playing secretary to an idiot.

I don't know why I'm bothering, you've already admitted you don't know anything about college football. It's like teaching calculus to a chimp. You keep on claiming no one is interested in Ferentz and calling people clueless. It's an ironic mix.

Old Dog
01-11-2006, 11:33 PM

KU beats ISU...........Iowa doesn't...........your logic works for me except that 1 + 1 = 2.

I understand that either you are either A) Farentz or B) infatuated with Farentz, but he was nowhere near the best coaching chioce for the Chiefs and NFL GMs are NOT choosing him.

If you withdraw your name after an interview isn't it a bit pointless?

If it walks like a duck and it looks like a duck................it's usually a duck. Sorry.

FWIW, I don't want him at KU either. Mangino has a program on the rise. Farentz has a program who has been at the same level for the past few years.

jspchief
01-11-2006, 11:45 PM
KU beats ISU...........Iowa doesn't...........your logic works for me except that 1 + 1 = 2.

I understand that either you are either A) Farentz or B) infatuated with Farentz, but he was nowhere near the best coaching chioce for the Chiefs and NFL GMs are NOT choosing him.

If you withdraw your name after an interview isn't it a bit pointless?

If it walks like a duck and it looks like a duck................it's usually a duck. Sorry.

FWIW, I don't want him at KU either. Mangino has a program on the rise. Farentz has a program who has been at the same level for the past few years.So your opinion of Ferentz is based on the ISU games? You ignore three straight years finishing in the AP top ten. You ignore wins over Michigan (several times), Wisconsin, Florida, and LSU?

Yea, Ferentz has a program that has been on the same level for several years. That level is above anything Kansas has ever sniffed.

Are you Skip's retarded brother?