PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Al Saunders interviewing with Al Davis

Johnson&Johnson
01-12-2006, 01:49 PM
What a sell out. No wonder CP didn't offer him the job.

If he gets the job in OAK, i say we have to re-evaluate the offense and possibly change it up.

I remember vividly how Gruden left OAK after tutoring Gannon and installing his offensive philosophy, Bill Callahan kept the offense the same and little did he know, to meet Gruden in the Superbowl.

The Tampa Bay defense knew Gannon's every call and every move or audible.

I want us to continue owning the Faders. No way are we giving up any games to OAK if Al Saunders gets the job.

Hoover
01-12-2006, 01:53 PM
If I'm Al Saunders I'm pissed I didn't get the KC Job (TWICE!).

Al needs to take the best gig out there, which I think is the Texans Job.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
What a sell out. No wonder CP didn't offer him the job.

What?

Al interviewed with the Raiders last year, too.

I don't think Oakland will hire him. They'll be looking for another spineless bitch to head up their team.

Gaz
01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
You cannot blame him. Twice a bridesmaid…

I hope he does not go to the Raiders. Not only do I want him to keep running the Chiefs Offense, I would hate to see someone implement an effective Offense in Oakland.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants Al to go to the NFC.

milkman
01-12-2006, 02:00 PM
We don't have to worry that Al will know our offense after Hermie hires Joe Pendry as OC.

Baby Lee
01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
You cannot blame him. Twice a bridesmaid…

I hope he does not go to the Raiders. Not only do I want him to keep running the Chiefs Offense, I would hate to see someone implement an effective Offense in Oakland.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants Al to go to the NFC.

The merits of his gameplanning aside, I just don't see AS as the guy to rein in the undisciplined Raiders personnel. I won't be scared of the Raiders until they get a Coughlin or Parcells to lead them.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2006, 02:03 PM
If I'm Al Saunders I'm pissed I didn't get the KC Job (TWICE!).

Al needs to take the best gig out there, which I think is the Texans Job.

It was reported last night on NFL network by scheftner that the Texans already had their man picked out but I can't remember who they said it was. ( not Saunders). If the speculation is true that Saunders and Peterson don't get along then I just can't see Saunders being a yes man for Al davis.

Gaz
01-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I agree with you about the discipline deficit in silver & black, but the idea of Saunders’ conjuring with the Offensive talent on that team makes my colon leak just a bit.

xoxo~
Gaz
About to go home with a surprise for Mrs. Gaz.

Chiefnj
01-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Being a Chiefs fan I have become accustomed to disappointment. I fully expect Saunders to be wearing silver and black and kicking the crap out of Edwards just like KC bitch slapped the Jets in week 1.

Rain Man
01-12-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't blame Al for pursuing a head coaching job, but Oakland should be anybody's last resort.

Truthfully, Al's projected earnings in KC are probably higher. Five more years of being an offensive coordinator here probably pays more than two years of being a head coach there and then being out of work the rest of the time. And that's not even counting the cost of therapy to restore his self-confidence afterwards.

patteeu
01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't blame him. If he wants to be a HC again, this year is the best chance he's likely to get (given his age and the fact that there are so many openings available). If the Raiders turn out to be his only offer, how can you blame him?

SLAG
01-12-2006, 02:12 PM
from what i read by another poster on here, I guess A.S grew up In Oakland and knows A.D, and used to be a ball boy for him and shit... so I dunno.. wouldnt be a toal suprise but I would really really like to see him say as O.C here In KC

patteeu
01-12-2006, 02:13 PM
It was reported last night on NFL network by scheftner that the Texans already had their man picked out but I can't remember who they said it was. ( not Saunders). If the speculation is true that Saunders and Peterson don't get along then I just can't see Saunders being a yes man for Al davis.

Kubiac

Johnson&Johnson
01-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Al can get a HC gig with any of the other 30 teams, it does not matter. Just not with an Al Davis owned org.

I'm saying if he does, then we better change the offense.

I like to see us crush the donkeys, beat up the bolts but man..i just HATE OAK.

Because I live in LA, I have been to enough games at the Coliseum to fight my way out of the gang-bangers, dodging beer bottles, looking out for any flying objects...

Saunders if hired will be no different..i will immediately erase all of Al achievements with KC because once he is a fader, he is puke.

Chief Henry
01-12-2006, 02:15 PM
I think any man that becomes a head coach for
Al Davis in nucking futs imo.

I want Al Saunders to remain as our offensive
cordinator.

Infidel Goat
01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
http://www.neshorsemen.com/topten/toptoon/piper.jpg

"I've come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum . . . and I'm all out of bubble gum."

--Infidel Goat

Coogs
01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
I think any man that becomes a head coach for
Al Davis in nucking futs imo.

I'm wondering if CP = Al Davis

Keeping Gun.... is that really what Edwards wanted, or what CP demanded.

Johnson&Johnson
01-12-2006, 02:20 PM

Like said, it's either Gary Kubiak or Fresno St.'s Pat Hill (who happend to be Carrs mentor)

Chan93lx50
01-12-2006, 02:21 PM
I have a gut feeling he is going to be a Raider!

Matt Helm
01-12-2006, 02:22 PM
AS failed as a HC once before in SD. I don't see anyone giving him the shot a second time.

trndobrd
01-12-2006, 02:42 PM
The merits of his gameplanning aside, I just don't see AS as the guy to rein in the undisciplined Raiders personnel. I won't be scared of the Raiders until they get a Coughlin or Parcells to lead them.

I'm sure Randy Moss will "buy into" the AS downfield blocking schemes.

Carlota69
01-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Like said, it's either Gary Kubiak or Fresno St.'s Pat Hill (who happend to be Carrs mentor)

I hear Kubiak is the guy for Houston and Pat Hill is a front runner for Oakland. I really hope if we can't keep AS that he would go to GB or MInn, not trashy ol' Oakland.

harpes
01-12-2006, 03:39 PM
No return for anyone that even vacations in Oakland let alone wants to work for the convicts.

Matt Helm
01-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I hear Kubiak is the guy for Houston and Pat Hill is a front runner for Oakland. I really hope if we can't keep AS that he would go to GB or MInn, not trashy ol' Oakland.

There is nothing wrong with Oakland that 50,000 additional police can't handle!

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Kubiac

Yup! Thats the one. Scheffner said he would be announced as the texans HC either Monday or Tuesday after the pats beat the Donkeys.

Thanks.

htismaqe
01-12-2006, 03:58 PM
For Al's sake, I hope he doesn't go to Oakland.

I don't care how good he is, he's not gonna succeed there...

Wile_E_Coyote
01-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Moss can't be involved in all the shifting motions. If he isn't gettin the ball the play clock will expire before he can get his lazy ass moved

huskerdooz
01-12-2006, 05:18 PM
AS failed as a HC once before in SD. I don't see anyone giving him the shot a second time.

You so smart. :shake:

What's that dudes name that was a complete washout in CLE where he was considered a miserable failure before he was annointed a genius with the Patriots.

Bill Belichick???

Yeah that's it.

Like I said, you so smart. :shake:

B_Ambuehl
01-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I will pull for him wherever he goes and i'm interested what he can do with a #1 receiver in that offense. However, I think detroit has a better football team in place for him to succeed.

rtmike
01-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I thought that I read when Gruden left Oakland, AS was again interviewed for the Faders job and there was some kind of promise made to him again that he'd be coach when Dickie retired. And so Callahan was hired.
?????

philfree
01-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I thought that I read when Gruden left Oakland, AS was again interviewed for the Faders job and there was some kind of promise made to him again that he'd be coach when Dickie retired. And so Callahan was hired.
?????

That was two years ago when DV re-upped for two more years and Saunders said he wasn't interested. I could be wrong but I don't think Saunders wants to work for Al in Oakland and I think he's just fluffing. I think Herm and Carl know this and that's why we haven't heard of any OCs coming in for an interview. They think Saunders will be back on the market as an OC and at that point they'll pay him enough that he won't be able to say no. I also think Saunders likes living in KC and that will be part of what brings him back.

PhilFree:arrow:

Extra Point
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I wish the best for Saunders, despite the "cute plays." Hope he stays here, but he could develop Tuiasisopo into a great QB and run a Hell of an offense in Oakland.

Carl Peterson is a dick for hiring Edwards. AS was the best guy to hire, and the Chiefs will be spinning their wheels until CP buries Lamar, tries to make an undervalued offer for the Chiefs, then lands elsewhere with Edwards wondering why he had such a good thing in NY, and why the Hell he came here. So much for the 21-year plan....

rtmike
01-13-2006, 04:54 PM
That was two years ago when DV re-upped for two more years and Saunders said he wasn't interested. I could be wrong but I don't think Saunders wants to work for Al in Oakland and I think he's just fluffing. I think Herm and Carl know this and that's why we haven't heard of any OCs coming in for an interview. They think Saunders will be back on the market as an OC and at that point they'll pay him enough that he won't be able to say no. I also think Saunders likes living in KC and that will be part of what brings him back.

PhilFree:arrow:

Thanks. It's harder to get the juicy gossip up here, but this place sure satisfies a lot of my curiousity.

htismaqe
01-13-2006, 05:16 PM
I honestly feel sorry for Suanders.

He may be a great coach, but I don't think anyone could succeed in Oakland.

vachief58
01-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Saunders wouldn't know what to do with the faiders. No line or running game. Too many receivers with an inaccurate QB-the anti-chiefs.