PDA

View Full Version : Murlarkey as potential OC? - Resignation from Bills on the way it seems.

nychief
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Mularkey meets with Bills' brass
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
click this

Although he may still be talked into staying on the job, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen and ESPN.com on Thursday that Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey was in an afternoon meeting with high-ranking team officials that could lead to his resignation.

It is believed that the meeting includes Bills owner Ralph Wilson and newly appointed general manager Marv Levy.

Sources said that, because of family considerations, Mularkey intended to walk away after only two seasons, but felt that he needed to meet with Bills management before he formally tendered his resignation. Mularkey had lengthy meetings with Wilson last week as the Bills owner dramatically reshuffled the football operation.

At one point late-afternoon, the parties adjourned briefly, and Mularkey had not resigned at that point. But the session continued after the short break and it was not certain when, or if, Mularkey's job status would be resolved on Thursday evening.

Wilson fired team president/general manager Tom Donahoe, re-hired Levy, the Hall of Fame coach who led the Bills to four Super Bowl appearances, and made other changes to the front office. It is believed that Wilson also suggested changes in the coaching staff and Mularkey subsequently dismissed five assistants.

In the wake of Donahoe's dismissal, Mularkey has become the new target for fans critical of the team's direction. Friends of Mularkey said he was deeply affected by the firing of Donahoe and that this season exacted a physical and mental toll.

In two seasons, Mularkey has compiled a 14-18 record, including a disappointing 5-11 mark in 2005.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. To check out Len's chat archive, click here Insider.

Mecca
01-12-2006, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't want him as an OC, he's big on things like trick plays.

This could hurt us in that it's another to compete with for coaches.

nychief
01-12-2006, 05:39 PM
didn't he have the number one offense for a couple of years with Pittsburg? He also has tampa roots - although I don't think he was there when Herm was....

Hammock Parties
01-12-2006, 05:40 PM
didn't he have the number one offense for a couple of years with Pittsburg? He also has tampa roots - although I don't think he was there when Herm was....

No, but they were ranked in the top 10 two of his three seasons as OC.

He'd certainly bring out the trick plays.

nascher
01-12-2006, 05:44 PM
no no he is one of the worst HC and an absolut bad play caller go to the BILLS Message Board.

Calcountry
01-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Baloney.

Ultra Peanut
01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Baloney.That's a load of Mularkey.

Mecca
01-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I think I'd be skeptical of any coach who's last name means bullshit.

jspchief
01-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Meh. I'm not interested in a guy that quits under pressure.

nychief
01-12-2006, 06:41 PM

you sound like a deodorant commercial.

BigChiefFan
01-12-2006, 06:45 PM
On Sirius radio they indicated, Mularkey resigning had to do with his family. Without having all the facts, why are you calling him a quitter?

jspchief
01-12-2006, 07:00 PM
On Sirius radio they indicated, Mularkey resigning had to do with his family. Without having all the facts, why are you calling him a quitter?Because he quit.*

* Actually, he hasn't quit yet. But for him to become a candidate for Chiefs OC as the thread implies, he would have to.

splatbass
01-12-2006, 07:11 PM
newly appointed general manager Marv Levy.

How old is Marv Levy now? As I recall he was in his 70s when he retired as coach. He must be well into his 80s now. Seems kind of old to be a GM.

milkman
01-12-2006, 07:26 PM
How old is Marv Levy now? As I recall he was in his 70s when he retired as coach. He must be well into his 80s now. Seems kind of old to be a GM.

nascher
01-12-2006, 07:27 PM
80 yes Buffalo has fired half of Mularkeys ex staff and now two 80+ guys are running the show without a HC :).

nychief
01-12-2006, 07:29 PM
They are going to hire Chuck Knox.

Cntrygal
01-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm not devestated AT ALL that TD and MM are gone.

kaplin42
01-13-2006, 10:31 AM
NO!!! you think HE is going to change our Offense, Mularkey will ruin our offnese. Next!!

Chiefnj
01-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Because he quit.*

* Actually, he hasn't quit yet. But for him to become a candidate for Chiefs OC as the thread implies, he would have to.

Didn't Herm quit on the Jets when the going got tough?

Brock
01-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Didn't Herm quit on the Jets when the going got tough?

I don't know. did he?

Chiefnj
01-13-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't know. did he?

It's a matter of semantics. You say potato, I say pota - toh and I hire IMG in the offseason and all of a sudden there are tons of leaks about me being unhappy, underpaid and KC being interested all while I have 2 years left on my contract. Giving up, committment, quiting, dedication. They all have different meanings to different people, especially when 12 million dollars is on the table.