PDA

View Full Version : This WI article was not written by Nick Athan.

Phobia
01-14-2006, 09:41 AM
But it was written by somebody we all know and love.

By Karen Christie
Warpaint Illustrated Columnist
Date: Jan 14, 2006

"Choosing a head coach is a lot like choosing a man. At any given time, in any given arena, you're faced with a list of real choices. How you pick is usually dependant on where you are in life and where you want to go. The goal is to find a Mr. Right, or settle for a Mr. Right Now."

I asked a male, "What do you want in a head coach?" To which he replied, "A winner."

Personally, I like a charismatic coach. I like a few nonsensical ramblings tossed in with the meat and potatoes of blame and glory. What can be better than Herman Edwards' introductory press conference story about a Baptist Church and 7-11s? The blame will come as he starts shaking up our beloved Chiefs. The glory will come next year. I hope for a winner, too.

We must have heard his professional history a million times by now. Certainly it seemed every person that steps up to the podium has to regale us once again. So here it is short and sweet. He went from playing for Vermeil to succeeding Vermeil in 20 years. With some stops in between as a college coach, a scout, an assistant coach, and his stint with the Jets, the members of the Chiefs organization somehow only being two or three degrees of separation from him at all times.

more... (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/488784.html)

Brock
01-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Gah, another tedious "from a woman's perspective" article.

nychief
01-14-2006, 09:46 AM
who gives a shit what these people think?

jAZ
01-14-2006, 09:49 AM
So who is this?

jspchief
01-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Seems to be well received so far. ROFL

Actually, from what you posted, it appears to be very well written, which in itself is an aberration for WPI.

the Talking Can
01-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't know who she is.

If she's naked right now though, I love her.

jspchief
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Wait...does she wear a red bikini?

shaneo69
01-14-2006, 10:01 AM
luv2rite?

Imon Yourside
01-14-2006, 10:01 AM

Jimmy Raye and Kurt Schottenheimer come to mind. :drool:

jspchief
01-14-2006, 10:03 AM
luv2rite?Great guess. My money's on that.

Phobia
01-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't know who she is.

If she's naked right now though, I love her.

I think she is probably naked right now.

milkman
01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
luv2rite?

That shirtless Boome Grigsby reference make me think of kcchieefsqt.

shaneo69
01-14-2006, 10:09 AM
That shirtless Boome Grigsby reference make me think of kcchieefsqt.

I didn't actually click on the link to read the article once I saw it was written by a chick.

Hammock Parties
01-14-2006, 10:14 AM
So who is this?

It's my new pen name.

milkman
01-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I didn't actually click on the link to read the article once I saw it was written by a chick.

I decided to read the rest of the article after reading your guess that it was written by Luv2Rite to see if I got that same sense.

The first couple of paragraphs didn't give me that sense.

Boozer
01-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I don't think enlisting chiefs4me as a columnist is the best business move....

Katipan
01-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Gah, another tedious "from a woman's perspective" article.

ROFL ROFL

These posts are funny back to back.

Eleazar
01-14-2006, 10:23 AM
It's not poorly written, and it's worth what it's worth as a 'from a woman's perspective' piece and as the viewpoint that someone may prefer an charismatic coach to another type.

I don't think there is any cause to compare it to something chiefs4me might write.

I can see it now...

Ok Skip... come here...
by chiefs4me
scout.com special contributor

ROFL ROFL

:spank:

%(/

:harumph:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Phobia
01-14-2006, 10:35 AM
I don't think enlisting chiefs4me as a columnist is the best business move....

She's a great writer. Plus she would attract a lot of mullets and camaroheads to the site, don't you think?

Mr. Laz
01-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Full article

By Karen Christie
Warpaint Illustrated Columnist
Date: Jan 14, 2006

Choosing a head coach is a lot like choosing a man. At any given time, in any given arena, you're faced with a list of real choices. How you pick is usually dependant on where you are in life and where you want to go. The goal is to find a Mr. Right, or settle for a Mr. Right Now.

I asked a male, "What do you want in a head coach?" To which he replied, "A winner."

Personally, I like a charismatic coach. I like a few nonsensical ramblings tossed in with the meat and potatoes of blame and glory. What can be better than Herman Edwards' introductory press conference story about a Baptist Church and 7-11s? The blame will come as he starts shaking up our beloved Chiefs. The glory will come next year. I hope for a winner, too.

We must have heard his professional history a million times by now. Certainly it seemed every person that steps up to the podium has to regale us once again. So here it is short and sweet. He went from playing for Vermeil to succeeding Vermeil in 20 years. With some stops in between as a college coach, a scout, an assistant coach, and his stint with the Jets, the members of the Chiefs organization somehow only being two or three degrees of separation from him at all times.

All I can really ask from Coach Herman Edwards right now is just enough emotion to make me not pine for Vermeil. I want just enough confidence to melt my fears of change. I'd like to see the passion evident in a dedicated man. Enough casual arrogance to make me believe that he has the stones to do what is necessary. And I wouldn't mind an 8x10 of a shirtless Boomer Grigsby.

There is time enough for him to pull out a map and show me the path to the Promised- Land. I will be amongst those clamoring for a detailed analysis of why the Chiefs haven't gotten it done, and what he's going to do to fix it. I'll give him his honeymoon phase to settle in and get the players to buy into his philosophy. Then I want to hear blame and justifications. I want fire and brimstone.

The man took the Jets to the Playoffs almost every year he was their Head Coach, except for this year. And I'll happily shift the mountain of excuses to perch his loss of his two starting quarterbacks on top as the reason for his failure. Of those five playoff games, he helped the Jets win two of them. Our Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 1993. I wasn't even a glimmer in my father's eye when they won their last Super Bowl.

Sometimes all it takes to get the most out of a man is a change of scenery and a new set of tools. He's inheriting a Hemi powered offense and an improving defense that is sick of making highlight reels for the other team. I believe our Trent Green led warriors will stop Edwards from being too conservative. I believe any defensive minded Head Coach would make an immediate positive impact on this defense. Hey, how could he not?

His detractors like to belittle what accomplishments he had. They'd rather poke fun at how he manages a game, and how tight fisted he is with his offense. Of course, he's never had the cohesive awe-inspiring offense that he has now. But I guess it's far more enjoyable to declare a man a failure at a task he hasn't even started yet, than appreciate the tangibles we know he brings us, and the dream of new ones to come.

Yes I wear rose colored glasses. But I'm a girl. I can do that.

I generally wait for a guy to do something unforgivable before the desire to boot him becomes fully cognizant. As such, I think I'll treat Herman Edwards like any other man. Well… If he brings me a Super Bowl, he can skip buying me dinner.

Mr. Laz
01-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes I wear rose colored glasses. But I'm a girl. I can do that.
what a lame thing to say

Fire Me Boy!
01-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Well… If he brings me a Super Bowl, he can skip buying me dinner.
ROFL

Katipan
01-14-2006, 11:15 AM
what a lame thing to say

ok ok ok

you can borrow them

want the matching purse?

JohnnyV13
01-14-2006, 11:54 AM
That ain't QT....her first name is Kara. I am, btw, the guy that told her about this place. I talk to her all the time in IMs and I've been in two FF leagues with her.

Iowanian
01-14-2006, 11:56 AM
I want that perspective on football, about as much as I want advice on the g spot from gochiefs.

If you wanted an interesting broad's opinion, you should have just paid mer "premium" prices for her thread last week.

ChiefsFire
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
That ain't QT....her first name is Kara. I am, btw, the guy that told her about this place. I talk to her all the time in IMs and I've been in two FF leagues with her.
congrats

have you seen her boobs yet?

Katipan
01-14-2006, 12:07 PM
I want that perspective on football, about as much as I want advice on the g spot from gochiefs.

If you wanted an interesting broad's opinion, you should have just paid mer "premium" prices for her thread last week.

haahahahahahah
hahahahahahaah

Oh babe. What if I promise to write a special one geared towards a target audience of assholes? There will be lots of insults, sexual innuendo, and sister fister cracks.

Will you love me then?

Iowanian
01-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Will you promise to say that I'm only mean to you because I hate women and you pitty my wife?

That would be great.

Katipan
01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Will you promise to say that I'm only mean to you because I hate women and you pitty my wife?

That would be great.

I can't lie. That would destroy my credibility. ROFL

Phobia
01-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I better get my f*cking calendar.

It may take months.

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 02:18 PM
My guess would be Siberian Khatru.

RealSNR
01-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Karen Christie? Isn't she that homely female professional pool player with the glasses who always loses to Jeanette Lee?

Hammock Parties
01-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I better get my f*cking calendar.

Tuesday - Jeanine
Wednesday - random fat chick from the bar
Thursday - Call Jeanine again. If unavailable, take three tylenol PMs and try to jerk off before falling asleep. Either way, I win.

kcfanXIII
01-14-2006, 02:47 PM

i guess i should thank you then, cause she told me about this place.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Hmm. Was it Denise?

chiefs4me
01-14-2006, 05:30 PM
She's a great writer. Plus she would attract a lot of mullets and camaroheads to the site, don't you think?

awww, thanks Phob.........:rolleyes:

Phobia
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
You're welcome. There's not a damn thing wrong with mullets and camaros.

Hammock Parties
01-14-2006, 05:40 PM

Camaros are OK. Mullets are pretty stupid.

Phobia
01-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Mullets are cooler than fat.

Sully
01-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Mullets are cooler than fat.
Ouch

Phobia
01-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Ouch

Grow your hair out. It won't hurt so badly.

Sully
01-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Grow your hair out. It won't hurt so badly.
I'm on it.

chiefs4me
01-14-2006, 06:12 PM

ROFL..it was a bad hair day, you know I had on a santa hat all morning and I was drunk so.......:shrug::D

kregger
01-14-2006, 07:07 PM
ROFL..it was a bad hair day, you know I had on a santa hat all morning and I was drunk so.......:shrug::D
Santa hat or no, it's still a mullett. A classic one at that!

Phobia
01-14-2006, 07:18 PM

Are you saying you have a mullet? I'm talking about the Chiefs fan stereotype. I don't know what you're talking about. Please don't wreck my thread.

Hammock Parties
01-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Are you saying you have a mullet?

She has a mullet. There is photographic evidence.

chiefs4me
01-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Santa hat or no, it's still a mullett. A classic one at that!

who the **** are you??:rolleyes:

chiefs4me
01-14-2006, 08:27 PM
She has a mullet. There is photographic evidence.

whatever, but I find it funny that in 43 years no one has ever said anything to me except for chiefs fans..........oh how will I live.......:rolleyes:

KS Smitty
01-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Are you saying you have a mullet? I'm talking about the Chiefs fan stereotype. I don't know what you're talking about. Please don't wreck my thread.

http://www.familyoldphotos.com/pa/images2/jan3/trainwreck-r.jpg

Skip Towne
01-14-2006, 09:21 PM
It's not poorly written, and it's worth what it's worth as a 'from a woman's perspective' piece and as the viewpoint that someone may prefer an charismatic coach to another type.

I don't think there is any cause to compare it to something chiefs4me might write.

I can see it now...
OK, what's this all about?

Phobia
01-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Here is the promotional picture that will accompany future Karen Christie articles. As you can see, she does not have a mullet.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5148/karen4vp.th.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=karen4vp.jpg)

Hammock Parties
01-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Here is the promotional picture that will accompany future Karen Christie articles. As you can see, she does not have a mullet.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5148/karen4vp.th.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=karen4vp.jpg)

Hey! I want my own promo pic! :cuss:

Mecca
01-15-2006, 11:44 PM
I could totally cut my hair into a mullet.........but I think I'll pass and leave it all long like it is now.

Phobia
01-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Hey! I want my own promo pic! :cuss:
Unfortunately nobody else does.