PDA

View Full Version : Yuck

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, that game sucked. I sure could wish for a (another) rematch, and it's unfortunate that the dynasty ends on such a sour note (for now anyway).

This game goes to prove, quite conclusively, that we as fans are overly focused on offense versus defense, and not enough on special teams, which certainly killed us today.

Congrats to the Broncos. They won the rematch. I'll take some cold comfort in the fact that our defense did in fact stop their running game, which I thought would be the biggest key to the game -- make it a Plummer versus Brady game. Unfortunately, turnovers murdered us, and that's that.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Dont worry man. The Pats wil be back, Brady is still a stud, Plummer still sucks and you cant win them every year.

memyselfI
01-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Damn, the freakin Patsies just can't have everything I hate about them...

there is you. Sorry for your loss.

siberian khatru
01-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Of all the teams you had to ****ing lose to ...

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Of all the teams you had to ****ing lose to ...

Yeah, AFC West croaked us. Denver x2, Chiefs and Chargers this year. Ugh.

SLAG
01-14-2006, 10:17 PM
As The NFL's Referees Account Manager, here at Invesco Finincal, We want to extend Our Deepest thanks to Mr. Shanahan. Our clients children can now roll on 20's

Deberg_1990
01-14-2006, 10:22 PM
I think Mike Shanahan is the best coach in the NFL. He just got to the AFC Championship game with Jake (I stink) Plummer as his QB. Meanwhile, Trent Green sits at home......life just isnt fair.....

Mile High Mania
01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
NE didn't lose... Denver won the damn game. The turnovers weren't flukes. NE had upwards of 6 stud starters return for this game.

I have heard nothing but NE love for the last week... Denver won the damn game. Denver won without Elway.

I'll worry about next week tomorrow...

Denver has a post season victory since Elway retired... does KC?

"Boom goes the dynamite" I'm here all week, tip your waitress and try the veal.

Mecca
01-14-2006, 10:33 PM
NE didn't lose... Denver won the damn game. The turnovers weren't flukes. NE had upwards of 6 stud starters return for this game.

I have heard nothing but NE love for the last week... Denver won the damn game. Denver won without Elway.

And it starts already.........

Logical
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Ammorix, genuinely sorry for you and the other NE fans, but a team must hold on to the ball. Unfortunately you guys did not.

By the way that PI call in the end zone was complete and utter bullshit, if anything it was offensive pass interference.

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
At least we got to see Ben Watson explode a stupid Broncos showboater, saving a touchdown and forcing a turnover. I don't care what the corrupt refs said, that was obviously, obviously, obviously a fumble and touchback.

They just showed it again in slow motion on local TV here. Fumble and touchback.

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 10:44 PM
They just showed it again, and called it "the play of the game." Yet again, the film shows that it's a fumble and a touchback.

Over-Head
01-14-2006, 10:46 PM
I've had a dislike for the Pats ever sincve they screwed us over with that fu@ken call a few years ago bringing in the "tuck rule" that almost no one up to that point had ever even heard of.
Anyway, the only thing that could have been better tonight was a complete shut out, with Brady leaving early on a stretcher :evil:.
Either way, prop's for the Bronco's. Their team did well, and advances.

ROYC75
01-14-2006, 10:49 PM

Damn Brad, NE whipped you guys up and down the field . NE whipped themselves as well, the turnovers were the turning points. You know yourself, you don't win very many games turning it over 4 times.

The PI before the half should have been on Lelie, not the NE CB. Pushing off, or out of his way was a clear picture.

The 50 yard FG where the RG moved and wasn't called before the half.

The INT was a good play by Bailey, stupid part on Brady. The sad part was the fumble at the end was forward across the end zone and the replays were not conclusive, didn't have the right camera angles to overturn it.

Yep, you guys clearly outplayed NE, The only part was the score, so props on the final score, but you guys should thank the refs and NE for helping you win this one.

I fully expect an Indy team to roll over you guys big , providing Indy doesn't lay an egg tomorrow.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Yep, you guys clearly outplayed NE...

All you had to do was stop there.

luv
01-14-2006, 11:28 PM
No comparison can be made. Elway never played for KC.

listopencil
01-14-2006, 11:30 PM
27-13.