PDA

View Full Version : Colts cornerback stabbed by girlfriend?

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 11:37 PM
Did anyone else hear them mention this? And do we think that the Broncos paid her to do it?

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9165431

Colts CB injured in domestic dispute

NFL.com wire reports

INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 14, 2006) -- Indianapolis Colts cornerback Nick Harper's wife was jailed on charges of cutting him with a knife, a sheriff said.

Advertisement

Hamilton County Sheriff Doug Carter said Daniell Harper, 31, was being held without bond on charges of battery with a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness.

Nick Harper was treated for a knee injury at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. His injuries were not life-threatening, Carter said.

Harper, a starter, was listed as questionable for an AFC divisional playoff game against Pittsburgh to be held Jan. 15.

Earlier, Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said Harper had required stitches in his knee following an "accident." He said he had no other details.

Kelley told The Associated Press later that he had gotten his information from Colts officials.

"There was not an accident," Carter said. He said Harper and his wife had been involved in a fight.

Harper, 31, was arrested in June on a domestic battery charge after police said he hit his wife.

He first signed with the Colts as a free agent in 2001.

milkman
01-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Did anyone else hear them mention this? And do we think that the Broncos paid her to do it?

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9165431

Colts CB injured in domestic dispute

NFL.com wire reports

INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 14, 2006) -- Indianapolis Colts cornerback Nick Harper's wife was jailed on charges of cutting him with a knife, a sheriff said.

Advertisement

Hamilton County Sheriff Doug Carter said Daniell Harper, 31, was being held without bond on charges of battery with a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness.

Nick Harper was treated for a knee injury at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. His injuries were not life-threatening, Carter said.

Harper, a starter, was listed as questionable for an AFC divisional playoff game against Pittsburgh to be held Jan. 15.

Earlier, Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said Harper had required stitches in his knee following an "accident." He said he had no other details.

Kelley told The Associated Press later that he had gotten his information from Colts officials.

"There was not an accident," Carter said. He said Harper and his wife had been involved in a fight.

Harper, 31, was arrested in June on a domestic battery charge after police said he hit his wife.

He first signed with the Colts as a free agent in 2001.

ROFL

luv
01-14-2006, 11:39 PM
I saw a report on that after the game. Who knows? There's one starter down if it's true though.

Reaper16
01-14-2006, 11:42 PM
It was Kimo van Oelhoffen, continuing his world tour of assaults on opponents' knees.

greg63
01-14-2006, 11:44 PM
...Don't doubt it, but have no info on it. :shrug:

tk13
01-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Their first round pick from this year, Marlin Jackson, would start at the one corner if Harper can't go, which I'm guessing is pretty likely at this point.. and 2nd year player Jason David is the other starter... but the Colts usually don't put a lot of pressure on their corners anyway. Not the kind of distraction you want a night before a game though.

NJ Chief Fan
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
who arent the jackasses paying to win games now a days

PastorMikH
01-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I heard about it and posted an article off of ESPN on this thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133801) over an hour ago.

:p

cdcox
01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
No Colt is safe this week. Watch them drop like flies.

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I heard about it and posted an article off of ESPN on this thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133801) over an hour ago.

:p

It's almost as if...you knew about it before it happened.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
posted 3 hours ago on a Colts board:

This is at ESPN.com

Colts CB Harper questionable after traffic accident
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts starting cornerback Nick Harper was hurt in a traffic accident Saturday and is questionable for Sunday's AFC divisional playoff game against Pittsburgh, a team spokesman said.

Harper needed stitches on one of his knees, spokesman Craig Kelley said.

Other details weren't immediately available.

-someone doesn't lie very well, you would think Harper would know better by now

PastorMikH
01-15-2006, 12:03 AM
It's almost as if...you knew about it before it happened.

Yeah, I'm odd like that. I had a feeling earlier this week that the refs would help the Donks tonight.