PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis set to sign KCs top 2 coaches

B_Ambuehl
01-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Saunders announcement coming up within a few days soon to be followed by the anouncement of Solari. Way to go Carl. *clap**clap**clap*

Archie F. Swin
01-15-2006, 10:58 AM
link?

VonneMarie
This ****ing sucks.

FringeNC
Saunders announcement coming up within a few days soon to be followed by the anouncement of Solari. Way to go Carl. *clap**clap**clap*

...but..but we have Herm Edwards and Gunther Cunningham. Keeping Gun was the important thing, you know.

beavis
Thanks for including a source.

"It's pronounced, Doo-mah"

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2006, 11:02 AM
wow, this place is reading like two old women talking about their gallbalders

Bowser
01-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Shit.

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Shit.

Worry not. It's not the coaches, or the schemes. It's all the players.

:banghead:

jspchief
01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Good. Saunders can be Al's next puppet, pissing his career away with underachieving seasons.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:09 AM
pissing his career away with underachieving seasons.

Exactly....good thing he didn't have to get exposed to those underachieving seasons while in KC....

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Good. Saunders can be Al's next puppet, pissing his career away with underachieving seasons.

Who has had more recent playoff success, Al Davis or Lamar Hunt?

We can make fun of Al Davis all we want, but that doesn't change the fact that we have lost the best offensive coordinator this franchise ever had.

JBucc
01-15-2006, 11:11 AM
he might actually make their offense, you know, good

Archie F. Swin
01-15-2006, 11:11 AM
The only thing that would make me more happy would be the Browncows winning the super bowl. :harumph:

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Saunders get's passed over twice by the King & can't get an interview with the Rams. Maybe he ain't all that

irishjayhawk
01-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Well, if Saunders goes I'll make peace as it was probably going to happen anyway. I would wish him luck anywhere else but Raiders.

However, letting Solari go is downright inexcusable and if Herm had something todo with it, then count me against him at this point. Something, I couldn't say with hiring nor the retention of Gunther (both of which I initially liked, and gunther retention still doesn't bother me THAT much). We should promote solari to OC immediately and save him.

Reaper16
01-15-2006, 11:13 AM
At this point, I don't really care what happens to Saunders.

But losing Solari is going to be a mistake of monumental porportions.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Saunders get's passed over twice by the King & can't get an interview with the Rams. Maybe he ain't all that

A Carl Peterson decision against a guy often times isn't a blackmark....and very possibly could be a big positive.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Who has had more recent playoff success, Al Davis or Lamar Hunt?

We can make fun of Al Davis all we want, but that doesn't change the fact that we have lost the best offensive coordinator this franchise ever had.Yea, and Al's recent play-off success is entirely due to him giving a 36 year old a shot at head coaching. When it turned out that 36 year old wasn't another hand puppet, he let the best thing that happened to that organization in two decades go.

Oakland is where coaches go to die. I'll go ahead and make my prediction. If Saunders goes to Oakland, he never gets the Raiders to the play-offs. Bookmark it.

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 11:16 AM
A Carl Peterson decision against a guy often times isn't a blackmark....and very possibly could be a big positive.

bingo.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Yea, and Al's recent play-off success is entirely due to him giving a 36 year old a shot at head coaching. When it turned out that 36 year old wasn't another hand puppet, he let the best thing that happened to that organization in two decades go.

Oakland is where coaches go to die. I'll go ahead and make my prediction. If Saunders goes to Oakland, he never gets the Raiders to the play-offs. Bookmark it.

Davis is a big piece of dung but I can at least respect the fact he tries his ass off to win...I wish our ownership had a fraction of his desire to try and win.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Davis is a big piece of dung but I can at least respect the fact he tries his ass off to win...I wish our ownership had a fraction of his desire to try and win.Yea, if only Lamar was more like Al Davis. :rolleyes:

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Yea, if only Lamar was more like Al Davis. :rolleyes:

Hey dumbass I clearly stated he was a POS and only gave him credit for his desire to win....

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2006, 11:19 AM

Chiefs, Vikes & Texans have interviewed him & passed. The Rams didn't even interview him. Maybe the Lions job is in the bag or else he's not with taking a chance on

Scorp
01-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Davis is a big piece of dung but I can at least respect the fact he tries his ass off to win...I wish our ownership had a fraction of his desire to try and win.

Yup. With that being said, who here has any doubt that T.O. will be a Raider next year? There is no doubt in my mind. That will be freaking scary. Moss and T.O. both on the Raiders. Wowza!

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:20 AM
The Chiefs G.D. owner is off watching MLS games when the Chiefs are teeing it up for gawd sakes...that is how passionate he is about the process.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey dumbass I clearly stated he was a POS and only gave him credit for his desire to win....Yea, I admire the results his "desire to win" has brought him the last three years.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 11:24 AM
The Chiefs G.D. owner is off watching MLS games when the Chiefs are teeing it up for gawd sakes...that is how passionate he is about the process.Brilliant. You know who else does that? Robert Kraft. He must not be very passionate either.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Yea, I admire the results his "desire to win" has brought him the last three years.

I never said he was good at what he does...just said that he cares, tries and passionate about his team.

And despite his very poor decision making his efforts has landed his team in the Super Bowl 4 times since the Chiefs have been there....which probably speaks volumes for the fact that passionate effort, even if misdirected most of the time is more valuable to a franchise than apathy.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Brilliant. You know who else does that? Robert Kraft. He must not be very passionate either.

He at least cared enough to put a good GM in place first.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 11:29 AM
He at least cared enough to put a good GM in place first.Ha. If you throw handfuls of darts, you have a better chance of hitting that elusive bullseye.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Ha. If you throw handfuls of darts, you have a better chance of hitting that elusive bullseye.

absolutely....and our owner doesn't even care enough to pick up the darts.

phxchief
01-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey dumbass I clearly stated he was a POS and only gave him credit for his desire to win....

I do somewhat agree, but his desire to win is negated by his outright stupidity.

phxchief
01-15-2006, 11:42 AM
That will be freaking scary.

For each other, their coaches and the team....... the rest of the NFL will be in tears of laughter.

Chan93lx50
01-15-2006, 11:47 AM
How in the F*ck could you let Solari go?

HOW CARL HOW?

WTF is going on in KC

jspchief
01-15-2006, 11:48 AM
absolutely....and our owner doesn't even care enough to pick up the darts.And I can only imagine how content you would be sitting through 4-12, 5-11, 4-12 seasons. Your posts would likely be singing the praise of all the passion and caring the owner put into the team. :rolleyes:

Eleazar
01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Um... Saunders is going to the Lions. :p

milkman
01-15-2006, 11:57 AM
And I can only imagine how content you would be sitting through 4-12, 5-11, 4-12 seasons. Your posts would likely be singing the praise of all the passion and caring the owner put into the team. :rolleyes:

Can we not applaud his passion, while at the same time lambast him for his utter stupidity?

headsnap
01-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Can we not applaud his passion, while at the same time lambast him for his utter stupidity?
you forgot admire his fashion sense...

|Zach|
01-15-2006, 12:01 PM
At this point, I don't really care what happens to Saunders.

But losing Solari is going to be a mistake of monumental porportions.
I feel the same way.

milkman
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
you forgot admire his fashion sense...

That's not fashion sense.
It's common sense.

Coffin ready!

jspchief
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Can we not applaud his passion, while at the same time lambast him for his utter stupidity?Of course you can. But the entire premise of what Naptown is saying strikes me as absurd.

Admire Davis' "passion" and desire to win, yet ignore that it's brought about worse results than Carl's alledged apathy. I don't buy for one second that Chiefs fans would be happy with a lousy owner that tried "really hard".

Nevermind the notion that Carl somehow spends significantly less than any other NFL. I have no doubt we've maxed the cap every year since it's existence.

Messier
01-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Did we get a link to verify this? I know about Saunders interviewed but Solari will join him? In what capacity OC?

PastorMikH
01-15-2006, 12:43 PM
So in 2 years Saunders will be available if Herm isn't working out. Cool!

Sure-Oz
01-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Losing Solari will blow big balls. I hope we somehow can keep Solari and get Turner. This offense cannot change.