PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Throws O-Line Under the Bus

John Matrix
01-15-2006, 05:24 PM
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here and say that there was just some protection problems"

Nice try, dickhead, but anyone w/ a brain cell can read between the lines of that bullshit.

mac58
01-15-2006, 05:26 PM
i just saw that what a dickface. The fact is Pit had some outstanding blitz packages and Peyton got shook. What a pusssy

ZootedGranny
01-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Hahaha, what a sack of shit.

I'd pay to see him cry tears of blood.

SoCalBronco
yeah I saw that on nfl network after the game. What a ****ing loser. Why dont you own up to your own INTs and ****ups. Im glad this loser wont ever see a ring.
Do your own ****ing job before criticizing the guys upfront who go through a real physical war for your ass.

I hate that bitch. Im glad he lost.

JBucc
Another reason to hate him. Not that most of us need one.

FloridaMan88
Peyton is a little bitch.

the Talking Can
01-15-2006, 05:28 PM
opps..beat me to it...

Mr. Laz
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/smile-l.gif

VonneMarie
:deevee:

tk13
Yeah, that's kinda the idea of blitzing... bringing more people than the other team can block. It's kinda Manning's job to recognize that and find the open man.

milkman
01-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Hahaha, what a sack of shit.

I'd pay to see him cry tears of blood.

After being pile driven into his locker face first by Ryan Lilja!

Eleazar
Well, I guess its not like he's lying.

the Talking Can

no, he's crying....

The Bad Guy
01-15-2006, 05:31 PM
I'll be curious to see what Naptown Chief has to say about his favorite team losing today.

Bob Dole
01-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah, that's kinda the idea of blitzing... bringing more people than the other team can block. It's kinda Manning's job to recognize that and find the open man.

Isn't his brilliant football mind and recognition ability the reason we're forced to endure his pre-snap antics?

Deberg_1990
01-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Hey, Peyton, im trying to be a good football fan here but.........how about owning up to your own mistakes?? Man, what a pussy....I hope Archie Bitch slaps him.

Eleazar
01-15-2006, 05:33 PM
no, he's crying....

True... I'm sure that none of us can know what it's like to work all through the offseason, all year during the regular season and everything else, play so well and then have it all go down the drain... I'd be upset too. From a fan's perspective we can know, but it's got to be 100 times worse as a player.

One of the reasons why I like Green so much, he's 100% class. I can't remember him ever putting blame anywhere but on himself.

Katipan
01-15-2006, 05:34 PM

During the game they had some Manning blurb about he admitting that he has a hard time talking the Steelers out of a blitz. That once they commit, you can't shake em.

Guess he forgot.

milkman
01-15-2006, 05:34 PM

A QB with class would've recognized the graet job that Pitsburgh did with their blitz, and not assign blame to his O-Line.

IF Mangina had used Edge more, he could've helped his O-Line by giving the Steeler D the run to think about.

tk13
01-15-2006, 05:37 PM
A QB with class would've recognized the graet job that Pitsburgh did with their blitz, and not assign blame to his O-Line.

IF Mangina had used Edge more, he could've helped his O-Line by giving the Steeler D the run to think about.
Or even thrown a screen pass or two.

B2chiefsfan
01-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Peyton has always pointed the finger at everyone else.......he's got an excuse for everything that doesn't go his way...

James should have gotten a hell of a lot more carries in the game, but Mannings selfishness failed team.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey, Peyton, im trying to be a good football fan here but.........how about owning up to your own mistakes?? Man, what a pussy....I hope Archie Bitch slaps him.

Well when 3 or 4 of the five Olineman are getting beat immediately there isn't anything any QB can do....

There OLine is pitiful and has been during pretty much his whole career...His ability to read a defense, change the play at the line and get rid of the ball quickly is the reason he take very few sacks. Any time they face a really good D Line however they run through that pitiful Colts O Line so quick that Ron Mexico couldnt even run away from it.

Other than having the DLine on him in about a second and a half I'm not sure what mistakes he made....

Deberg_1990
01-15-2006, 05:42 PM

This is what i was trying to say earlier. Peyton needs to let his ego take a break for once in a while and maybe he could win a big game for once in his life. You cant always win a game by yourself. You have a great back in E James, why dont you let the coaches put the ball in his hands more in big games? Especially when its so obvious that Defenses are going to key on you.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Well when 3 or 4 of the five Olineman are getting beat immediately there isn't anything any QB can do....

There OLine is pitiful and has been during pretty much his whole career...His ability to read a defense, change the play at the line and get rid of the ball quickly is the reason he take very few sacks. Any time they face a really good D Line however they run through that pitiful Colts O Line so quick that Ron Mexico couldnt even run away from it.

Other than having the DLine on him in about a second and a half I'm not sure what mistakes he made....

So he's the least sacked QB this year and his Oline has been pitiful all year?

the Talking Can
01-15-2006, 05:43 PM

He can't throw it and pass block too.

Eleazar
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
I have to agree that there were a lot of missed blocks today, whatever you think of the o-line throughout the year thus far.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
There OLine is pitiful and has been during pretty much his whole career..... The O-line is pitiful?? They won 14 games....it cant be that bad. I would give more credit to the Steelers.

KcMizzou
01-15-2006, 05:45 PM
If you have to say, "I'm trying to be a good teammate here..." you're not.

Eleazar
01-15-2006, 05:46 PM
If you have to say, "I'm trying to be a good teammate here..." you're not.

haha. Kind of like when you start a saying with, "No disrespect, but..."

morphius
I believe it is called soft schedule payback.

B2chiefsfan
Running and play action would have been the difference in the game.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 05:47 PM

Yes...if not very close....I've stated this on multiple times on this board over the years but his first year with the Colts the Oline was one of the top 2 or 3 best in the league in giving up the fewest sacks yet the year prior with Jim Horibaugh as QB they were dead last in the league without changing anyone on the Oline. No different to this day. T.Glenn has led the league in false starts for like three or four years in a row and cost them again today and he is widely considered their best lineman...Only difference between giving up the most and the fewest is a QB smart enough to call all the plays at the line and get rid of the ball quickly.

milkman
01-15-2006, 05:48 PM

Looked to me like most of the hits Mangina took today was the result of more pass rushers than blockers.

That is on Mangina, not the O-Line.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes...if not very close....I've stated this on multiple times on this board over the years but his first year with the Colts the Oline was one of the top 2 or 3 best in the league in giving up the fewest sacks yet the year prior with Jim Horibaugh as QB they were dead last in the league without changing anyone on the Oline. No different to this day. T.Glenn has led the league in false starts for like three or four years in a row and cost them again today and he is widely considered their best lineman...Only difference between giving up the most and the fewest is a QB smart enough to call all the plays at the line and get rid of the ball quickly.

Why dont they lean more on their run game in big games?? I suspect its because Manning is the "Real" head coach.

tk13
01-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Glenn is a false start machine over there... and I don't think their O-line did a great job or anything but a lot of that falls on Manning too because he calls the plays at the line and has so much control, and Pittsburgh simply outsmarted him....

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Looked to me like most of the hits Mangina took today was the result of more pass rushers than blockers.

That is on Mangina, not the O-Line.

That would be valid if it were one and occasionally two people getting back there quickly but it was three, four and five the better part of the day while his Olineman were getting beat like rented mules in one on one situations alll day long. Same stuff that happened against the Bolts.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Glenn is a false start machine over there... and I don't think their O-line did a great job or anything but a lot of that falls on Manning too because he calls the plays at the line and has so much control, and Pittsburgh simply outsmarted him....

What is the "smart" play call when four out of five Olineman are getting beat one on one nearly every play?

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Why dont they lean more on their run game in big games?? I suspect its because Manning is the "Real" head coach.

Only reason they had a chance to win that game in OT is because the "real head coach" told Dungy to get his g.d punt team off the field on 4th and 2 when down three scores with a quarter to play.

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Or even thrown a screen pass or two.

Good point.

Everyone always says Indy's offense is better than ours (probably need to talk past tense regarding our great O), but I am not convinced. Idiots want to use the Buffalo game as evidence that our O isn't all that great. What team does puts up 30 a game, every game? Indy sucked at home.

milkman
That would be valid if it were one and occasionally two people getting back there quickly but it was three, four and five the better part of the day while his Olineman were getting beat like rented mules in one on one situations alll day long. Same stuff that happened against the Bolts.

It looked to me like Mangina had plenty of time whenever Pittsburgh wasn't blitzing.

The Almighty Mangina just got outcoahed today.

Yes, I said outcoached.

tk13
They weren't getting beat one-on-one every single play. That's why when they called the dogs off and went into prevent Manning shredded them up right down the field in no time. They were getting no pressure with a 3 and 4 man rush.

Basileus777
01-15-2006, 05:56 PM
They should have run the ball more but that doesn't change the fact that the oline played terrible today and could not protect him at all.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 05:58 PM
They weren't getting beat one-on-one every single play. That's why when they called the dogs off and went into prevent Manning shredded them up right down the field in no time. They were getting no pressure with a 3 and 4 man rush.

They were getting beat one-on-one nearly every single play before they called off the dogs.....

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 05:58 PM
They should have run the ball more but that doesn't change the fact that the oline played terrible today and could not protect him at all.

Indy didn't adjust to the blitz. As TK pointed out, where were the screens?

Basileus777
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM

I agree the playcalling left much to be desired, how much of that is mannings fault and how much is Moore's I don't know. It was pretty classless to call out his oline like that though, especially when he played pretty poorly.

SoCalBronco
01-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Coach Manning got outcoached.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 06:04 PM

James had 5 catches....How many screens should have been thrown?

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Coach Manning got outcoached.

Unfortunately Manning has to be QB, OC and HC....Maybe Dungy ought to give him some of that monster HC salary he is pulling home if he can't handle the HC job...

milkman
01-15-2006, 06:05 PM

Hoiw many carries did Edge have in the frist half?

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 06:07 PM

You keep doing those until you slow down the blitz.

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Unfortunately Manning has to be QB, OC and HC....Maybe Dungy ought to give him some of that monster HC salary he is pulling home if he can't handle the HC job...

I agree. Peyton is effectively head coach of that football team. Indy won't miss a beat if Dungy retires.

DomerNKC
01-15-2006, 06:10 PM
golden boy peytons true colors have now shown. can we start a pool for how many more games with this o-line before a major injury for peyton.

DomerNKC
01-15-2006, 06:11 PM
I agree. Peyton is effectively head coach of that football team. Indy won't miss a beat if Dungy retires.unfortunately, you have to be selfless and call edges number on a screen to stop the blitz to be a coach.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Hoiw many carries did Edge have in the frist half?

10....compared to 18 passes....which for a the top passing offense in the league when your defense lets the other team move down the field twice at absolute will is pretty darn good balance.

Halfcan
01-15-2006, 06:49 PM
What a crybaby. Mangina will never be considered one of the great ones-just a stat guy. He gets a lot of junk stats by taking every snap-even in blowouts. ****in loser.

greg63
01-15-2006, 06:52 PM
What a crybaby. Mangina will never be considered one of the great ones-just a stat guy. He gets a lot of junk stats by taking every snap-even in blowouts. ****in loser.

Yup!

Brock
01-15-2006, 06:55 PM
I hope ck didn't slash his wrists today.

Frazod
01-15-2006, 06:57 PM

Elvis Marino.

DenverChief
01-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Peyton is a little bitch.

ROFL

Just FYI I will be deleting this post later

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 07:06 PM

Too late...He is already considered one of the great ones....And the fact he takes every snap is a credit to him and his toughness as opposed to the beavers like McNair who struggle to play week in and week out....

dj56dt58
01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
True... I'm sure that none of us can know what it's like to work all through the offseason, all year during the regular season and everything else, play so well and then have it all go down the drain... I'd be upset too. From a fan's perspective we can know, but it's got to be 100 times worse as a player.

One of the reasons why I like Green so much, he's 100% class. I can't remember him ever putting blame anywhere but on himself.
I don't see how it's 100x worse as a player..we pay to see them play and win lose or draw they still make millions.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2006, 07:27 PM

What's funny is the refs actually tried to hand Peyton the game and he pissed it away.

I wish you showed this much fire in defending the Chiefs as you do your lovechild Peyton and the rest of the Colts.

Reaper16
01-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Too late...He is already considered one of the great ones....And the fact he takes every snap is a credit to him and his toughness as opposed to the beavers like McNair who struggle to play week in and week out....
You actually questioned the toughness of Steve McNair. :shake: :shake:

The Bad Guy
01-15-2006, 07:32 PM
You actually questioned the toughness of Steve McNair. :shake: :shake:

Yeah, what a joke.

McNair plays through injuries. I'd love to see Peyton get nicked and see how tough he was to play.

This is the biggest mancrush thread ever.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 07:32 PM
What's funny is the refs actually tried to hand Peyton the game and he pissed it away.

I wish you showed this much fire in defending the Chiefs as you do your lovechild Peyton and the rest of the Colts.

Pissed it away as the kicker shanked the game tying FG?

The fact you will passionately and adamantly defend an average at best coach like Edwards and yet have the balls to try and take a shot at the best QB in the league like Manning shows what kind of biased homer opinion you bring to the table that warrants little respect.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Yeah, what a joke.

McNair plays through injuries. I'd love to see Peyton get nicked and see how tough he was to play.

Yeah further showing how little you bring to the table...Manning holds the second longest streak in NFL history lining up under center and even had a broken jaw wired shut so he could play...yet McNair missed the last game of the this season with "pectoral soreness"...The media loves to give Mr. I Rarely Practice and regularly miss games the constant oral job so that must mean he is "tough"...

Remind me how McBeaver is tougher than Favre again if you could...We are in the day and age that the guys that show up and play every week aren't the tough guys any more but rather the beavers that need to sit out...now those are the "toughest SOB's in the league...".

Reaper16
01-15-2006, 07:44 PM
at this point, McNair is too injured all over to do much about it. Earlier in his career he was the epitome of toughness. I'm not saying Peyton isn't tough, but you can't discredit McNair.
Well, you can, but you'd look like an asshole.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Pissed it away as the kicker shanked the game tying FG?

The fact you will passionately and adamantly defend an average at best coach like Edwards and yet have the balls to try and take a shot at the best QB in the league like Manning shows what kind of biased homer opinion you bring to the table that warrants little respect.

You've been anti-chiefs for years and you've been licking the ass of everything Colts related so I take what you say with a grain of salt.

I said Herman Edwards was the best candidate available. I like making the playoffs and he's done it 3 times in his first 5 years so that gives me some sort of hope. Since I don't have two teams to root for like you do, I guess I'm sick of not making them.

See you like to discredit what he's done because of a 4-12 season. I don't have a passionate thing for him - like you do for Peyton - I just think he was the best guy we could get and I don't think he's nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

But, I don't think anyone we hired would have satisfied you.

The fact that I'm called a homer is hysterical in itself.

01-15-2006, 07:45 PM
I have been trying to convince a few friends of mine that just love the guy that he was a prima donna, blame everyone but himself, jerk. They are finally starting to see it for themselves.

Thanks for proving me right Peyton. Your O-line should smash you.:cuss:

The Bad Guy
01-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah further showing how little you bring to the table...Manning holds the second longest streak in NFL history lining up under center and even had a broken jaw wired shut so he could play...yet McNair missed the last game of the this season with "pectoral soreness"...The media loves to give Mr. I Rarely Practice and regularly miss games the constant oral job so that must mean he is "tough"...

Remind me how McBeaver is tougher than Favre again if you could...We are in the day and age that the guys that show up and play every week aren't the tough guys any more but rather the beavers that need to sit out...now those are the "toughest SOB's in the league...".

Ha. How little I bring to the table? You used to be a good guy on here, now you're just a dick who roots for two teams.

If I had a mancrush on Manning, I would know his full injury history. But since I don't, the fact he had his jaw wired shut escaped my memory.

So he's had one injury he's played through in about 6 years? Props to him for playing with a wired jaw. But you don't have to knock another tough player to kiss Peyton's ass.

John Matrix
01-15-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry, but McNair gets banged up an awful lot. Think about all the games where Trent has played despite being banged up to all hell...but you never hear his injuries used as an excuse for poor play. McNair has played like a candyass for years, but too many people have bought in to the media's portrayal of him as a warrior to see him for what he's always been, a decent QB, never great, who can't stay on the field.

dj56dt58
01-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Maybe once the game got out of reach they decided to let the Steelers through to kill Peyton because they hate that mother ****er too

01-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah, what a joke.

I can't believe he did that. What an idiot. :shake:

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Ha. How little I bring to the table? You used to be a good guy on here, now you're just a dick who roots for two teams.

If I had a mancrush on Manning, I would know his full injury history. But since I don't, the fact he had his jaw wired shut escaped my memory.

So he's had one injury he's played through in about 6 years? Props to him for playing with a wired jaw. But you don't have to knock another tough player to kiss Peyton's ass.

He has dropped back to toss the ball more than anyone in the league since he has been in the NFL so it is impossible for him not to have played through a boat load of bumps, bruises and pain...Only difference he is tough enough to shut his mouth and play through it.

NaptownChief
01-15-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry, but McNair gets banged up an awful lot. Think about all the games where Trent has played despite being banged up to all hell...but you never hear his injuries used as an excuse for poor play. McNair has played like a candyass for years, but too many people have bought in to the media's portrayal of him as a warrior to see him for what he's always been, a decent QB, never great, who can't stay on the field.

Good to see some actually can establish their own opinion outside of the bs the media likes to spew...

The three toughest QB's in the NFL are Favre, Manning and Green...Those guys show up for practice and games every week no matter what.

CHIEF4EVER
01-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Elvis Marino.

ROFL

He is gonna win the same amount of rings as his daddy did.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Peyton has been overexposed. I think most fans of other teams are sick of seeing him & like to see him fail. I know I do

Calcountry
01-15-2006, 08:06 PM
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here and say that there was just some protection problems"

Nice try, dickhead, but anyone w/ a brain cell can read between the lines of that bullshit.Too bad his Dline got thrown under "the bus" too.

Calcountry
01-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Dierdorf quote," when payton manning is pressured, he is just an average quarterback."

HMc
01-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Who cares how many snaps he's taken in a row or how much he gets banged from behind at training or whatever?

He can't win when it matters, and doesn't respect his teammates.

milkman
01-15-2006, 08:32 PM
Dierdorf quote," when payton manning is pressured, he is just an average quarterback."

I've been saying that for three years now.

Halfcan
01-15-2006, 08:38 PM
When he waved the Punting team off-that was incredibly stupid. It worked out, but why put the whole game on one play, when there was time left. Dungy has no Ballz.

Then blames the loss on his line-not his "happy feet" and bad decisions. The guy has no class-just like the rest of the Mannings.

FringeNC
01-15-2006, 08:42 PM
When he waved the Punting team off-that was incredibly stupid. It worked out, but why put the whole game on one play, when there was time left. Dungy has no Ballz.

Then blames the loss on his line-not his "happy feet" and bad decisions. The guy has no class-just like the rest of the Mannings.

To even consider punting there shows what a hard-core Marty disciple Dungy is. Punting in that situation would have been insane.

HMc
01-15-2006, 08:44 PM
If you can't get winners with class, i can respect guys with either. I'll take a guy with a big mouth if he produces when it matters, or i'll take good footall players with class who haven't had the ball bounce their way (t. green?). But i can't stand guys with neither.

KevB
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
He has dropped back to toss the ball more than anyone in the league since he has been in the NFL so it is impossible for him not to have played through a boat load of bumps, bruises and pain...Only difference he is tough enough to shut his mouth and play through it.

Who knows if he's tough, he NEVER gets hit. I give some of the credit to the OLine (and Edge's blocking), some to Peyton's ability to get rid of the ball, and some to his fine corp of WRs. Complaining about the OLine is ridiculous. You're giving all of your money to the skill positions, that's what happens. Peyton's getting more money than virtually anyone in the league....maybe he should have taken less to pay for a better OLine.

He's a good QB, but he doesn't get it done when he's pressured....like most QBs. I'd also say there's enough history, even for Peyton homers, to question whether the guy will get it done when the chips are on the table. Didn't happen at Tennessee ("can't spell Citrus without a U and a T"), and he hasn't gotten it done in Indy.

Halfcan
01-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Maybe the Colts will cut him and he can be our backup behind Green, Collins, and Casey.

HMc
01-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Maybe the Colts will cut him and he can be our backup behind Green, Collins, and Casey.

Specialist holder.

Halfcan
01-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Specialist holder.

Our Practice squad QB, we could send him to Europe, maybe he will grow some nads.

Pitt Gorilla
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Peyton screwed up. That being said, the Colts line got owned.

HMc
01-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Our Practice squad QB, we could send him to Europe, maybe he will grow some nads.

Send him here to play rugby. That'l grow him some nads. After they're sewn back on at least.

John Matrix
01-15-2006, 09:11 PM
To even consider punting there shows what a hard-core Marty disciple Dungy is. Punting in that situation would have been insane.

Damn skippy. Just like I said in my Martyball post. Props, man.

Calcountry
01-15-2006, 09:22 PM

Then blames the loss on his line-not his "happy feet" and bad decisions. The guy has no class-just like the rest of the Mannings.Someone else may have said, but I don't have time to read the whole thread. The Colts were frauds this year.

I am sorry about Dungy's son, that is a far bigger loss than this season. I don't know how much that affected teh team, but they had one of the softest schedules in the NFL. The first tough team you face, SD, they got punked in their own house. That said a lot to me, much the same as the Denver and Minnesota thrashing of 2 years ago, at least they were on the road.

The refs did everything they could to help them. How could that NOT have been an interception, really.

He was getting up, a football move, and knocked it out of his own hands, fumble. Duh. How is that not a catch? Clearly had control, two feet down, and getting up? That ref was smokin crack.

Mecca
01-15-2006, 09:28 PM

You can say that for every QB in the NFL........

Mecca
01-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Maybe once the game got out of reach they decided to let the Steelers through to kill Peyton because they hate that mother ****er too

I'm sure the Colts lineman wanted to lose in the playoffs to ruin their whole season because they don't like Manning. :spock:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-15-2006, 09:33 PM
I was really disappointed in the Colts. I thought they would roll. Something is really not right with that team. All that talent, 13-0 to start out, and then one-and-done? It's really like that every year. It used to be just the Pats, but they couldn't even beat the #6 seed...at home?

Let the finger pointing begin...

Mecca
01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
The Colts today are a good example of why you shouldn't sit your starters for a month.

Calcountry
01-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I was really disappointed in the Colts. I thought they would roll. Something is really not right with that team. All that talent, 13-0 to start out, and then one-and-done? It's really like that every year. It used to be just the Pats, but they couldn't even beat the #6 seed...at home?

Let the finger pointing begin...They were frauds, just like the Chiefs 2 years ago.

Calcountry
01-15-2006, 09:41 PM
You can say that for every QB in the NFL........Without a doubt, Lenny Dawson says it about 20 times per Chiefs game. lmao.

Calcountry
01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
The Colts today are a good example of why you shouldn't sit your starters for a month.True dat, the most they should sit, ever, is the fourth quarter.

BigRedChief
01-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Let's see.........:hmmm:
Home Field advantage throughout the playoffs. Check
Team to beat in the Super Bowl. Check
Considered the best team in football most of the year. Check
Idiot kicker misses field goal to lose game. Check
Team under performs at home in the first round. Check
Gut wrenching lost at home. Check

Yeah we know how you feel Indy . Your team did it to us twice. Doesn't feel very good does it?

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Have I mentioned that I hate Peyton Manning like I hate jalopanes (sp) and Im allergic to them.

duncan_idaho
01-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Let's see.........:hmmm:
Home Field advantage throughout the playoffs. Check
Team to beat in the Super Bowl. Check
Considered the best team in football most of the year. Check
Idiot kicker misses field goal to lose game. Check
Team under performs at home in the first round. Check
Gut wrenching lost at home. Check

Yeah we know how you feel Indy . Your team did it to us twice. Doesn't feel very good does it?

It would have been sweeter if we had done it to them (and I think we would have), but it still tastes of revenge. And I like it...

luv
01-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Have I mentioned that I hate Peyton Manning like I hate jalopanes (sp) and Im allergic to them.
jalapenos

1punkyQB
01-16-2006, 02:05 AM
The three toughest QB's in the NFL are Favre, Manning and Green...Those guys show up for practice and games every week no matter what. Green and Manning have two of the best O-lines in the league in front of them. It's not that they're aren't tough, but how can you tell w/o seeing them smacked around? Matt Hasselbeck's been awfully durable, is it because he's tough, or because of Walter Jones % co.?

J Diddy
01-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Green and Manning have two of the best O-lines in the league in front of them. It's not that they're aren't tough, but how can you tell w/o seeing them smacked around? Matt Hasselbeck's been awfully durable, is it because he's tough, or because of Walter Jones % co.?

Um did you see that trent green block at the end of the season, talk shit about green after you watch that.

1punkyQB
01-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Who was talking shit about him? I said he hasn't been smacked around, which he hasn't as far as NFL QBs go, not that he's a pansy. There aren't too many durable QBs behind crappy OLs.

Bob Dole
01-16-2006, 02:26 AM
What is the "smart" play call when four out of five Olineman are getting beat one on one nearly every play?

A punt?

mcan
01-16-2006, 02:27 AM
I didn't watch the whole game. Just saw the final 5 or 6 minutes. But, it seems to me that Pit was taking advantage of a "tell" that I've had on Jeff Saturday for years...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119708&page=3&pp=15&highlight=jeff

post #24

mcan
01-16-2006, 02:30 AM
A punt

If this were Jeopardy:

What is something that the Steelers could force the Colts to do in the playoffs, and the Chiefs could not?

the Talking Can
01-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Let the finger pointing begin...

Peyton didn't waste anytime..."I am not responsible...my teammates are. Where's my mommy?"

Amnorix
01-16-2006, 07:40 AM
I love Peyton, his happy feet, his "Manning face", his picture perfect throws in the regular season and the way he and his teammates choked in the postseason like clockwork.

Tennessee to Indy to the Hall of Fame, without a meaningful postseason win between them. I can't imagien what I would do if i were a Colts fan, or worse, the GM or owner of the Colts. What do you do with Dungy/Manning? Glad it's not my problem.

Frosty
01-16-2006, 07:44 AM
I love Peyton, his happy feet, his "Manning face", his picture perfect throws in the regular season and the way he and his teammates choked in the postseason like clockwork.

Don't forget his pre-snap gyrations that leave his linemen in their stance for a longer than normal time.

bkkcoh
01-16-2006, 07:44 AM
I just hope that little kid who did the video doesn't do something real drastic.

I am sure that he will probably proclaim that it was just an attempt to become famous and that he wasn't really a Colt fan after all.......

CHIEF4EVER
01-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Tennessee to Indy to the Hall of Fame, without a meaningful postseason win between them.

Bingo. Peyton is a spittin' image of his daddy, and will win exactly as many rings as daddy did.

Duck Dog
01-16-2006, 08:07 AM

Nice try, dickhead, but anyone w/ a brain cell can read between the lines of that bullshit.

What's there to read between the lines? Seems like he said it loud and clear to me.

DaWolf
01-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Pressuring the quarterback, what a beautiful concept.

Notice no one is calling Joey Porter a moron today.

I can't remember us getting very close to the QB in our last 3 playoff games. Granted 2 of them came 10 and 8 years ago...

Craash
01-16-2006, 08:41 AM
I didn't watch the whole game. Just saw the final 5 or 6 minutes. But, it seems to me that Pit was taking advantage of a "tell" that I've had on Jeff Saturday for years...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119708&page=3&pp=15&highlight=jeff

post #24

You also said:

13. Planeteer most likely to still be on ChiefsPlanet thirty years from now?
Phil / Phobia

Sorry, couldn't resist. I did see Saturday on Sunday do that, though.

ROFL

PunkinDrublic
01-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I think that press conference shows that Peyton Manning knows that he is starting to cement his reputation as a choker and is starting to feel the pressure. I've got nothing against Peyton (other than the fact that he chose arrowhead as the one road playoff game not to fall apart) as a matter of fact I think he's one of the smartest xs and os guys in the league. But having said that the guy does not respond to adversity. Every great QB has a bad playoff game but it wasn't just this year it was last year against NE and before that he was held scoreless in NY. Peyton is the first guy I'd take for my fantasy team and the last guy I'd take in a clutch come from behind situation.

Inspector
01-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Who knows if he's tough, he NEVER gets hit. I give some of the credit to the OLine (and Edge's blocking), some to Peyton's ability to get rid of the ball, and some to his fine corp of WRs. Complaining about the OLine is ridiculous. You're giving all of your money to the skill positions, that's what happens. Peyton's getting more money than virtually anyone in the league....maybe he should have taken less to pay for a better OLine.

He's a good QB, but he doesn't get it done when he's pressured....like most QBs. I'd also say there's enough history, even for Peyton homers, to question whether the guy will get it done when the chips are on the table. Didn't happen at Tennessee ("can't spell Citrus without a U and a T"), and he hasn't gotten it done in Indy.

I was kind of thinking this too. Peyton gets all the dough and then gripes cuz his line didn't come through for him.

Makes you wonder if they could have gotten more / better O-line if there had been a few more bucks available.

Whatever the case, I sure loved watching him get beat. HAHAHAHA...