PDA

View Full Version : poor Porter, it's only the beginning

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2006, 08:52 PM
<A name=287937>Steelers | Porter criticizes the officials
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:01:35 -0800Michael Rosenberg, of the Detroit Free Press (http://www.kffl.com/link/157), reports Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl) LB Joey Porter (http://www.kffl.com/player/1520/nfl) was not very happy with the officiating after the team's playoff victory over the Indianapolis Colts (http://www.kffl.com/team/19/nfl) Sunday, Jan. 15. "It's tough enough to play against the Colts (http://www.kffl.com/team/19/nfl) themselves," Porter said. "When you have to play against the Colts (http://www.kffl.com/team/19/nfl) and the refs, it's a much harder game." Porter will probably be fined by the league for his comments.

VonneMarie
01-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Can't blame the guy... It's not exactly like he was wrong or anything.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Porter struggles with keeping his mouth shut, but he sure is an animal on the field.

Amnorix
01-15-2006, 09:01 PM
The refs sucked in that game. REALLY badly. Absoluely a pathetic performance.

Dunit35
01-15-2006, 09:01 PM
The refs were horrible this weekend. They should be the ones getting fired, not any player.

Simplex3
01-15-2006, 09:02 PM
He thinks that was bad wait until next week when they play a Shanahan owned officiating crew.

milkman
01-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Whatever Porter gets fined, the refs' fine should be twice that.

Their level of incompetence is inexcusable.

dj56dt58
01-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I just don't see how a player can be fined for complaining about the officials. Why have something called Freedom of Speech if your not going to follow it. It just sounds kinna funny that the refs always seem to favor one team and when a player brings it up they get fined for it...Conspriacy Theory :harumph:

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I just don't see how a player can be fined for complaining about the officials. Why have something called Freedom of Speech if your not going to follow it. It just sounds kinna funny that the refs always seem to favor one team and when a player brings it up they get fined for it...Conspriacy Theory :harumph:Freedom of speech doesn't apply here.

John Matrix
01-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Even though I have a hard time respecting a guy who got shot in the ass, I must agree with his statement...and it is total bullshit that you can't call out the refs for their gross incompetance. I hate the fact that the media is so cowardly that they never want to take the refs to task for costing teams games.

May Don Denkinger burn in the fires of blackest hell.

siberian khatru
01-15-2006, 09:18 PM
If he's fined for this, he'll be sent to the gulag after he faces the Broncos.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-15-2006, 09:27 PM
The officials have been terrible all regular season, and now, in the playoffs, they have brought the suckage up to another level. Absolutely horrible in every game I've seen.

irishjayhawk
01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I think we should take up a NFL fan site wide collection to reimburse him for his fine. All of us throw in a $1 and it'll be all good.

Hell, that should send a statement to the NFL. This playofs have been a disaster in this respect.

PastorMikH
01-15-2006, 09:32 PM
He thinks that was bad wait until next week when they play a Shanahan owned officiating crew.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
The worst part is the charade that the NFL Network puts on where they pretend to inquire about the bad calls with the head of NFL officiating. It's basically just a chance for that clown to spin like a politician, while Eisen thumbs his asshole and accepts every explanation as gospel.

savedin79
01-15-2006, 11:26 PM
I agree with him. The referee's have terrible all week end.

Mecca
01-15-2006, 11:27 PM
This has probably been the worst officiating year I can remember.

VonneMarie
01-15-2006, 11:28 PM
03 was pretty bad, tho it did screw the Colts. :D

Bob Dole
01-16-2006, 11:38 AM
You know it's bad when the talking heads on the NFL's own network are critical of the officiating.

It's been absolutely horrendous.

DomerNKC
01-16-2006, 11:42 AM
The officials have been terrible all regular season, and now, in the playoffs, they have brought the suckage up to another level. Absolutely horrible in every game I've seen.i dont think that is what they meant when they said you need to take it to the next level in the playoffs.

robags0817
01-16-2006, 12:17 PM
said that he felt the refswere cheating the steelers, because" everyone loves peyton manning and wants the colts to win the superbowl." I'm glad he said it to call even more attention to the horrible officiatiing that took place this weekend. Now I hope he nfl does the irght thing and punishes these moron for their display this weekend.

CoMoChief
01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Officials should be penalized or fined for bad calls. Yesterdays game was rediculous officiating. And it would take a blind man not to see what the hell happened yesterday late in the game.

Gaz
01-16-2006, 12:26 PM
The only guy to be punished will be Porter.

Get out your checkbook, Joey. Fine’s a’comin’

xoxo~
Gaz
Agrees that the Refs suck, but wonders why a pro would just throw away money like that.

Sure-Oz
01-16-2006, 12:26 PM
that INT was an INT, i don't see how they could've called that an incomplete.

ClevelandChief
01-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Porter's comments are right on, the world does love Peyton Manning and the refs blantantly tried to make up a rule to protect the poor baby.

I don't feel he should be fined at all, sometimes the truth just hurts.

If anyone should be fined it's the ref that overturned the call. Then he should subsequently be slapped in the head with a wet towel.

cadmonkey
01-16-2006, 12:36 PM
that INT was an INT, i don't see how they could've called that an incomplete.

That was the most bullshit overturn of a play ever. The reason was weak and really suspect. "His second knee was still on the ground as the ball came out" is a real bad reason.

This means that if he caught the ball, rolled on the turf from one sideline to the next with full control of the ball the whole time, then had the ball pop out after 15 or 20 seconds it would be considered incomplete. Thats crap.

then the "there is no foul on the play" when the steelers gaurd clearly moved thus pulling the whole Indy D-line offsides then making contact to which should have drawn a flag. that was just a case of "sh*t, I don't know who to call this on. lets just pretend nothing happened and cover our asses."

BigMeatballDave
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
I do not understand why the league fines players and coaches when they complain about officiating.
The NFL is like a dictatorship...

Adept Havelock
01-16-2006, 01:01 PM
If he thinks this officiating was bad...wait till Pitt. has to go play the Donks next week.

Only thing that would have made it worse is if Ed Hochuli had been the ref. He'll probably ref the AFC championship game......oy.

Inspector
01-16-2006, 02:50 PM

Oh man.......

Very true, very true...

Frankie
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm really begining to believe that the NFL maybe IS biased towards some 'chosen' teams and the refs are instructed to comply. I think money and higher TV ranking might be behind it. It sure seems like Prince Peyton and the Colts are judged by a different standard on the field than their oponents. This also goes for the Donks who are still riding on the name recognition from the days of Prince John (Elway). The calls in the Denver/NE game were absolutely ridiculous. I mean playoff officials are supposed to be their all pro team. Yet Denver gets away with murder right in front of their eyes. It's a freaking joke how many offensive holdings are not called against their O-line!

Another frustrating thing is the fact that I have never seen the breaks and the bounce of the ball so consistantly favor any team as much as they do the Donks. :shake: I mean they are a good team. But they do find themselves among the elite more often than their talent deserves by winning a lot of games on the lucky calls (and, of course cheating).

HerculesRockefell
01-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I just don't see how a player can be fined for complaining about the officials. Why have something called Freedom of Speech if your not going to follow it.

Probably because the 1st Amendment applies to state governments and Congress, and the NFL is neither.

tk13
01-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Probably because the 1st Amendment applies to state governments and Congress, and the NFL is neither.
Heil Tagliabue!