PDA

View Full Version : Al Saunders

Weezer
01-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Bills fan here..

You've probaly heard about the situation up here with Mularkey resigning. I'm just wondering if you think Al Saunders deserves a head coaching spot and if you think he'll be a good one.

Rain Man
01-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Al is a god. The rumor mill says that he didn't get the job here because he's strong-willed and won't be a lackey for Carl Peterson. Many of us had him as our top preference.

SLAG
01-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Bills fan here..

You've probaly heard about the situation up here with Mularkey resigning. I'm just wondering if you think Al Saunders deserves a head coaching spot and if you think he'll be a good one.

I read this Before and I agree...

J.P Losman Does not Deserve to run "Air Coryell"

Eleazar
01-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I wish he were our coach.

Weezer
01-15-2006, 09:18 PM
I read this Before and I agree...

J.P Losman Does not Deserve to run "Air Coryell"

From what you saw from him in the game against you guys, you should think he is the "reincarnation of Kenny Stabler"

:D

John Matrix
01-15-2006, 09:18 PM
He should be our coach, but he isn't b/c CP is a f*cking douchebag.

You'd be lucky to have Al as your HC and implement the Coryell scheme. With that being said, your QBOTF is a bum, IMO and doesn't deserve to run the office.

Eleazar
01-15-2006, 09:19 PM
From what you saw from him in the game against you guys, you should think he is the "reincarnation of Kenny Stabler"

:D

We're the Chiefs. Of course the only two good passes he threw all year were against us.

Weezer
01-15-2006, 09:21 PM
He should be our coach, but he isn't b/c CP is a f*cking douchebag.

You'd be lucky to have Al as your HC and implement the Coryell scheme. With that being said, your QBOTF is a bum, IMO and doesn't deserve to run the office.

Umm..

I wouldn't say that yet. Our offensive line is absolute shit. There's only
one player that deserves to start. Also, MM completely mismanaged his career up to this point. He deserves a second chance.

Weezer
01-15-2006, 09:23 PM
We're the Chiefs. Of course the only two good passes he threw all year were against us.

He lit up the Dolphins until Mike Mularkey decided it was going to well and ran a Pre-school version of Marty Ball.

Cormac
01-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Saunders is a good HC prospect, but nobody really knows what he can do to assemble a staff. Our fear is that he'll take a HC job (Oakland?) and then pilfer all of our assistants on the offensive staff, and leave us with whatever bums Herman Edwards wants to take with him from the Jets.

Having said that, given Buffalo's disastrous choices of two high profile co-ordinators in the last few years, if I was Ralph Wilson, I'd be looking for some more stability and experience. You need to hire somebody who knows what it takes to be a HC, and somebody who is given some time to build the program. JMO. Saunders might be that person, but for every Saunders supporter you find here, there are probably just as many who weren't ready to let him take over in KC.

Weezer
01-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Saunders is a good HC prospect, but nobody really knows what he can do to assemble a staff. Our fear is that he'll take a HC job (Oakland?) and then pilfer all of our assistants on the offensive staff, and leave us with whatever bums Herman Edwards wants to take with him from the Jets.

Having said that, given Buffalo's disastrous choices of two high profile co-ordinators in the last few years, if I was Ralph Wilson, I'd be looking for some more stability and experience. You need to hire somebody who knows what it takes to be a HC, and somebody who is given some time to build the program. JMO. Saunders might be that person, but for every Saunders supporter you find here, there are probably just as many who weren't ready to let him take over in KC.

But who fits that description?

Jim Haslett? No thanks.

Mike Martz? Kill me.

Dick Jauron? See above.

Weezer
01-15-2006, 09:31 PM
I have know doubts about his Playcalling abilities, but does he have the leadership and can control his players(see: Eric Moulds, Sam Adams)?

Cormac
01-15-2006, 09:32 PM
But who fits that description?

Jim Haslett? No thanks.

Mike Martz? Kill me.

Dick Jauron? See above.

Tell me about it. The selection is horrible. It's the only reason I'm still half-sane about the fact we just hired Herman Edwards. He might turn out OK, which is more than can be said for the rest of the bunch. Personally, I think Steve Mariucci is a great coach, and hands down the best option for most teams. But his nicey-nicey attitude just doesn't seem to cut it. That may not be what you need either. After that, maybe Mike Sherman comes next. I know.....scary.....

Weezer
01-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Al Saunders to me, is a lot different than Mike Mularkey and Gregg Williams.

Both were not the top coaches in their specialties. Both did not have the right personality and fire to do well. We passed on guys like Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Lovie Smith, Charlie Weiss, and Romeo Crennel. I don't think those two guys should scare us off from Coordinators even if they are better for the job than a guy with experience.

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Saunders is clearly a great OC, maybe the best in the game.

That being said, I question his ability to be a HC. But I'm in the minority around here. One thing's for sure, your O-line will have to get a lot better for Al's passing schemes to work.

Dunit35
01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah you have to have an amazing OL for AS offense to succeed.

Weezer
01-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah you have to have an amazing OL for AS offense to succeed.

We're trying to build one.

savedin79
01-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Best choice out their.

Imon Yourside
01-16-2006, 12:06 AM
He's friggin horrible, you DON'T WANT HIM! Pass this note around the NFL and we will let him stay as our OC.