PDA

View Full Version : Mike White..Dark Horse OC Candidate?

jjchieffan
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
This just occured to me. He has been on the staff for the past five years and is familiar with the system. He has head coaching experience, but no one talks about him anymore. Given Herm's lack of effort to interview any outside candidates, I am wondering if he hasn't decided to wait and see if AS leaves, and if so, just promote White.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Is this a joke?

Mike White was basically Vermeil's cheerleader.

siberian khatru
01-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Mike White is more addle-brained than Vermeil.

jjchieffan
01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Let me clarify. I never said I was in favor of the idea, just brainstorming. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why in the world Herm has not interviewed anyone outside the organization yet. You would think he would have at least interviewed Turner last week.

siberian khatru
01-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Let me clarify. I never said I was in favor of the idea, just brainstorming. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why in the world Herm has not interviewed anyone outside the organization yet. You would think he would have at least interviewed Turner last week.

I understand. The answer is he was DV's personal hire, a longtime friend he wanted to stand on the sidelines next to. He's got no future here, probably not in the NFL. He was all about DV.

jAZ
01-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Three reasons, IMO.

1) We still HAVE a OC as it stands, and I bet Herm would prefer to keep him.
2) Norv Turner has been reported to be a candidate for a HC job (Buffalo maybe?). If so, he's not likely to be asked to interview for a OC position until after that has passed.
3) I don't think we've interviewed outside for ANY position yet (O or D) have we?

jspchief
01-15-2006, 09:59 PM
I just hope we keep Saunders or Solari, at the very least Shea.