PDA

View Full Version : The ***Official*** MU vs. KU Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

CoMoChief
01-16-2006, 11:26 AM
It's never too early to start. I predict if the Jayhawks can contain Thomas Gardner, then KU should win easily, but thats easier said than done. Gardner has really developed into a good player. Sasha Kaun will have a big game considering Kevin Young is the worst center in Big12 history besides Eric Chenowith. I could put Jeffrey Ferguson in that category too. I think the fact that the Tigers are playing the Jayhawks at home this early in the season will also be a factor considering that usually MU plays KU in their final home game of the year and MU usually has something to play for because either:

1. MU is usually on the bubble for making the NCAA Tourney late in the season, with never really having a strong consideration of making it with 5 or + teams in the Big12 making it almost every season.

2. Or they're already out of the NCAA Tourney and playing KU is like their Championship game.

Another words, if this game was in late Feb in CoMo, then I would have to say MU would win, which would be the first time since I can remember that I would choose MU to win because KU this season simply isnt strong enough like in past seasons. Luckly, MU is just as bad and maybe worse. It should be a good game and I dont think any team is going to blow out the other. I expect Rush to get booed alot, Kaun to score big, and hopefully Bill Self wont have his head up his ass and play Micah Downs this game. I really dont understand how KU can beat a team like Kentucky (even though Kentucky has been struggling big time lately) then lose to shitty KState. That all falls on the coach IMO. Robinson launching 3's without passing or running anything with 2min left when KU is down by 2 is NOT how you win tight games. I am counting on Bill Self's own personal record against Quin Snyder for this game.

Bowser
01-16-2006, 11:29 AM
CRIPPLE FIGHT!!

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 12:21 PM
ROCK CHALK.

chiefqueen
01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
This is an elimination game for the NCAA selection committee, This loser will not garner any consideration for an at-large bid and the winner may only get slight consideration provided there are no major upsets during conference tournaments.

Basically the only way KU or MU makes the tourney is winning the Big XII tourney IMO and I actually think UMKC has a better shot of being the tourney than KU or MU.

ChiTown
01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
CRIPPLE FIGHT!!

ROFL

Sully
01-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I see your "Kevin Young is the worst center in Big XII history" and I raise you two Simien brothers.

Sully
01-16-2006, 12:26 PM
This is an elimination game for the NCAA selection committee, This loser will not garner any consideration for an at-large bid and the winner may only get slight consideration provided there are no major upsets during conference tournaments.

Basically the only way KU or MU makes the tourney is winning the Big XII tourney IMO and I actually think UMKC has a better shot of being the tourney than KU or MU.

UMKC is far too inconsistent... though they are improving a lot.

DaWolf
01-16-2006, 12:34 PM
I know it's just Mizzou, but I just have little faith in these baby Hawks this year. WTF is up with our big guys. There are just too many wusses on this team. Someone needs to get out there and ball...

chiefqueen
01-16-2006, 12:36 PM
UMKC is far too inconsistent... though they are improving a lot.

My comment speaks more of the parity in the Mid-Con. UMKC will not have to go thru Texas to get a bid and this year's Valpo team is not your older brother's Valpo team. I'm basically saying that of the 3 area teams UMKC has the best chance of winning their conf. tourney,

|Zach|
01-16-2006, 12:38 PM
What time is the game? I work from 4-7 hopefully i dont miss out on too much.

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 12:43 PM
What time is the game? I work from 4-7 hopefully i dont miss out on too much.

6:00

Historically, the way to beat MU is with outside shooting. KU doesn't seem competent in that area at all so far. I predict a Missouri win.

KC Kings
01-16-2006, 12:44 PM
M-I-Z F-K-U

|Zach|
01-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Go Tigers.

royr17
01-16-2006, 01:11 PM
I cant wait till Brandon Rush really gives the tigers somethin to cry about.

Boo hoo you went to kansas, boo hoo you turned us down, boo hoo your brother is smarter then you, haha kansas is a better university then missouri says brandon.

royr17
01-16-2006, 01:13 PM
4321 Mizzou

Go Jayhawks. Rock Chalk Jayhawk, lay a big ass whoopin on them shittin tigers.

|Zach|
01-16-2006, 01:14 PM

Boo hoo you went to kansas, boo hoo you turned us down, boo hoo your brother is smarter then you, haha kansas is a better university then missouri says brandon.
I only know of one team that has been crying this year...

sedated
01-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Kansas will win IF they can get some outside shooting.

Mizzou is sure to show zone D after the dreadful offensive performance KU had against KSU's zone.

Where are the bombers? Downs? Case?

kepp
01-16-2006, 01:26 PM

Yeah, I'm sure he chose KU for quality education and low teacher-to-student ratio. He's one-and-done...won't be there next year.

sedated
01-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Self should make up his mind on what kind of team to be, and it should be a runnning team.

1. Robinson
2. Chalmers
3. Rush
4. Wright
5. Jackson

sedated
01-16-2006, 01:28 PM
He's one-and-done...won't be there next year.

...as long as we get a title this year, it won't matter.

and he chose KU for the same reasons as everyone else
- the Fieldhouse and the women.

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 01:38 PM

Hah. All the bawling I have heard this year has been from KU fans about how much their dream coach sucks who was going to turn the Big 12 on its ear after Roy Williams was done holding the program back. Oops... Williams got a title the very next year, and Self is holding the program back.

You know, you can have Brandon. He's not as good as Kareem was yet, and Kareem was a great player, but never quite became what he might have become. There isn't exactly a huge precedent for the Rush boys panning out as basketball players. Kareem is warming the bench on the worst team in the NBA, and JaRon is running the broiler at Steak and Ale in Independence. So don't count your Baby Jordan before he hatches (oops.. I thought that Miner blast might hurt you, but I guess all that was before you were born.)

After 1 or 2 seasons, when Brandon has left Lawrence in the dust for the greener pastures of the NBA, we'll see what he's done for your program duing his stay. We already more or less know that you won't get to the tournament this season, so that may only give you 1 postseason with Rush on the team. Have fun.

By the way, too bad Rush wasn't great enough to help you defend your home floor from the mighty Jim Wooldrige.

royr17
01-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Sounds like some tigers fans are a little sore over him choosin KU over Mizzou.

Besides he'll stay for probably another year or 2 cause his game isnt pollished enough to take it to the pro level.

He's even stated that at first when he came there that he was a one and done player, but since then has changed his mind wants to try to stay all 4 years there.

sedated
01-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Stupid, pathetic tiger fans that are sick of getting their asses brutally beaten by Kansas already more or less hope that you won't get to the tournament this season, so that may only give you 1 postseason with Rush on the team.

Fixed your post for ya. ;)

:bang: :mizzou:

ChiTown
Self should make up his mind on what kind of team to be, and it should be a runnning team.

1. Robinson
2. Chalmers
3. Rush
4. Wright
5. Jackson

I think it's pretty clear he doesn't want any of Roy Williams (up-tempo) style bball. He's got his team in there, and now he has to live with the results.............

Eleazar
Fixed your post for ya. ;)

:bang: :mizzou:

Want to make a sig bet on KU getting in? :D

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Besides he'll stay for probably another year or 2 cause his game isnt pollished enough to take it to the pro level.

He's even stated that at first when he came there that he was a one and done player, but since then has changed his mind wants to try to stay all 4 years there.

That's what everyone said about Kareem. Wait until the first time he sees himself projected in the first round.

Money talks, your posts walk.

Sully
01-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but what sound-minded MU folks thought for a second Rush was gonna go there? With that being the case, how could we be pissed he didn't? He is a great player, but I just didn't see him going to a Mizzou program that is rebuilding.

sedated
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
That's what everyone said about Kareem. Wait until the first time he sees himself projected in the first round.

Money talks, your posts walk.

It's obvious Kareem is a untrustworthy peice of sh!t, cause he went to MU.

Brandon picked KU, so clearly he is a smart, stand-up guy that wiil do right thing.

Plus, Brandon can borrow $$ from his big bro.

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but what sound-minded MU folks thought for a second Rush was gonna go there? With that being the case, how could we be pissed he didn't? He is a great player, but I just didn't see him going to a Mizzou program that is rebuilding.

Exactly. I have nothing but appreciation for Kareem and his time at MU, but to the previous two of these brothers, college was just an obstacle on the way to the NBA.

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 02:08 PM

Brandon picked KU, so clearly he is a smart, stand-up guy that wiil do right thing.

That's a wonderful example of a meritless double standard ROFL I assume you then think that Giddens is a smart, standup guy who does the right thing because he too chose Kansas.

I don't think he can borrow the cash. Kareem was going to pay for him to go to MU since there weren't any scholarships and the NCAA told him he couldn't, or at least I thought I heard something like that.

Sure-Oz
01-16-2006, 02:21 PM

You'd be an absolute idiot to not take the money like Kareem did. Brandon will do the same if it's offered. Yeah, Kareems a POS since he left early, give me a break, if he went to gay U you wouldn't be saying the same thing. :rolleyes:

kepp
01-16-2006, 02:35 PM
...as long as we get a title this year, it won't matter.
True....but I'm thinking that won't happen. But who knows...you guys could catch fire.

beavis
01-16-2006, 02:36 PM
This can't really be an MU/KU thread until Skip shows up and starts making an ass of himself.

Bowser
01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
This can't really be an MU/KU thread until Skip shows up and starts making an ass of himself.

He's still trying to come to his senses after KU got beat by State.

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 02:40 PM
He's still trying to come to his senses after KU got beat by State.

Maybe he's dead. He can't keep beating the odds forever you know.

|Zach|
01-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Awww, only lil Roy and some newbie are here to hold up those Jayhawks these days...

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Awww, only lil Roy and some newbie are here to hold up those Jayhawks these days...

Normally it's like 10-1 in their favor. I didn't realize things were so glum.

leviw
01-16-2006, 03:05 PM

It's not. Just a young, inconsistent team trying to figure themselves out in a perineally tough conference. Not exactly mind-blowing happenings here.

HC_Chief
01-16-2006, 03:22 PM

Heh, most of us don't care. Mizzou games aren't that big a deal to most KU fans. Sure, you MUrons are annoying jaggoffs, but really no more than yipping doggies.

KU games on the other hand are MU's national championship every year. No wonder you ankle biters are so pissy: you have to continually watch your program suck ass, miss the tourney, AND lose your version of the title game more often than not. :p

RCJGKU :KU:

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 03:29 PM
KU games on the other hand are MU's national championship every year. No wonder you ankle biters are so pissy: you have to continually watch your program suck ass, miss the tourney, AND lose your version of the title game more often than not. :p

As usual the KU fan accuses MU fan of consoling himself about his bad team by comparing them to Kansas, while doing the very same thing when coming with the "We may be down but at least we're better than Missouri" line.

Mmm-mmm delicious irony.

kregger
01-16-2006, 03:39 PM
MUCK FIZZOU!!

CHENZ A!
01-16-2006, 03:51 PM
My comment speaks more of the parity in the Mid-Con. UMKC will not have to go thru Texas to get a bid and this year's Valpo team is not your older brother's Valpo team. I'm basically saying that of the 3 area teams UMKC has the best chance of winning their conf. tourney,

I do like what coach Z has done over there, but I think this yr he is playing some guys that really shouldn't be out there, and also he takes out players that have the hot hand, they were really making me mad in that IUPUI game.

Sully
01-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I do like what coach Z has done over there, but I think this yr he is playing some guys that really shouldn't be out there, and also he takes out players that have the hot hand, they were really making me mad in that IUPUI game.

I was at that game, and I couldn't figure out why Guasco was on the bench the intire 2nd half. I mean, he is a tough guy inside (which, granted, wasn't of much use in that game, but still could've been another dimension). I wonder if it was his D, as coach Z was pissed at him as they walked to thebench for timeouts.
I think taking the ball out of Qs hands to end that game was ridiculous.

DJJasonp
01-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I like the Hawks tonight....IF Self got to the video store and picked up a copy of MAGIC JOHNSON PRESENTS: The Fundamentals of Basketball.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009K3I96/qid=1137448908/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8018597-3987801?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

Only then might Self figure out how to break down a freakin' zone.

I'm seriously losing faith in him as a x and o coach. He doesnt adapt and adjust worth a crap. Hell of a recruiter though.

Either way...go Hawks...Muck Fizzou!

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Heh, most of us don't care. Mizzou games aren't that big a deal to most KU fans. Sure, you MUrons are annoying jaggoffs, but really no more than yipping doggies.

What is really funny is how similar Bronco and Jayhawk fans sound.

Bowser
01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
As usual the KU fan accuses MU fan of consoling himself about his bad team by comparing them to Kansas, while doing the very same thing when coming with the "We may be down but at least we're better than Missouri" line.

Mmm-mmm delicious irony.

ROFL

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm seriously losing faith in him as a x and o coach. ...Hell of a recruiter though.

I wish I could say that I didn't know what you were talking about.

sedated
01-16-2006, 04:50 PM
I wish I could say that I didn't know what you were talking about.

except, you guys managed to land a coach that can't do either. :p

sedated
01-16-2006, 04:51 PM

what's funnier, I was going to say the same about Tigers fans

HC_Chief
01-16-2006, 04:57 PM

Mmm-mmm delicious irony.

I did no such thing. Perhaps you should look up the word "irony"

http://dictionary.com

I know lingusitics aren't all that important in MUronland, so I'll cut your dumb ass some slack this time ;)

HC_Chief
01-16-2006, 04:58 PM

And MUrons= NCAA's version of faiduh fan.

Chuck another battery/whiskey bottle at the band, Cletus.

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
And MUrons= NCAA's version of faiduh fan.

Chuck another battery/whiskey bottle at the band, Cletus.

Well, the MU student body does somehow resist tearing the goalposts down after every football game, so they are at least a little well behaved ;)

Eleazar
01-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Alright, the smack's been fun - later all.

Good luck to both teams, except more to us.

KChiefs1
01-16-2006, 05:06 PM

You need to be enlightened:

Brandon Rush wanted to go to Mizzou. Quin Snyder wanted him at Mizzou. Mike Alden decided that there were some things about Brandon Rush that he didn't want to have to deal with at this time due to the probation that Quin had gotten his program into. Alden said no way to "at-risk" kids like Rush. Therefore...Rush dropped Mizzou & ended up at KU.

Those are the facts.

HC_Chief
01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, the MU student body does somehow resist tearing the goalposts down after every football game, so they are at least a little well behaved ;)

Hmm, let's see, tearing down goalposts after victory; chucking whiskey bottles at opposing team's players and band in home football loss. Yeah, those are equivalent :rolleyes:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=equivalent

KChiefs1
01-16-2006, 05:10 PM

I think you can add St Louis Cardinal fans into the mix as well.

Skip Towne
01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
No, but the Mouth of Missouri has shown up. Let's hope you have to slink away like you usually do.

Goshma Ballsich
01-16-2006, 05:27 PM

Brandon did not turn down Mizzou. Mike ALden would not allow Quin to offer Brandon due to all the questions surrounding his eligibility. That is a fact. KU took a chance and it has paid off big time. Just a fact.

KChiefs1
01-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I love High Definition!

WilliamTheIrish
01-16-2006, 06:03 PM
ESPN's presentation of Consolation Monday Basketball featuring the rivalry that nobody knows a thing about outside of the two participating schools is brought to you by Dove soap.

It's the only thing softer than these two teams.

NUMBER7
01-16-2006, 06:10 PM
Nice! Classy shirts on the MU students. Really makes the Midwest look grand and a bunch of hicks. Gesh

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 06:12 PM
9-8 KU 15:51 left in the 1st half

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 06:12 PM
ESPN's presentation of Consolation Monday Basketball featuring the rivalry that nobody knows a thing about outside of the two participating schools is brought to you by Dove soap.

It's the only thing softer than these two teams.

Glad you are making an appearance in the thread.

Bearcat
01-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Nice! Classy shirts on the MU students. Really makes the Midwest look grand and a bunch of hicks. Gesh

Details?

chiefsfan987
01-16-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm assuming he means the yellow ones that say "Kansas Sucks", Bearcat.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm assuming he means the yellow ones that say "Kansas Sucks", Bearcat.Oh, is that all? I thought it was something good. With the Antlers, you just never know.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Good, close game so far.. 17-16 Mizzou

I'm stuck at work listening to the radio. :sulk:

Bearcat
01-16-2006, 06:23 PM

Ah.... I'm at work, so all I see is KU 11, MU 8.

That's actually 1) Very unoriginal, and 2) a few steps above Muck Fizzou in the class department.... I'd stick with M-I-Z-F-K-U.

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 06:24 PM

Those savages.

chiefsfan987
01-16-2006, 06:25 PM

the only thing you're missing is a bunch of missed Kansas free throws.

KcMizzou
Those savages.ROFL

Bearcat
Oh, is that all? I thought it was something good.

[Familly Guy]

Did you stay up all night thinking about that one?

Eh... Got to bed about 2:30...

[/Family Guy]

Coach
01-16-2006, 06:26 PM
20-19 KU leading with 10:00 in the 1st Half.

SLAG
01-16-2006, 06:32 PM

If you were a jayhawk fan you would have some good announcers/ Play callers

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Mizzou comes back from 7 down to tie it at 29-29. Ku calls time out.

Another KU turnover...

Mizzou 3!!! Gardner's hot. 32-29 Mizzou

Bob Dole
01-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Kansas has elevated their passing to an art form.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Gardner for 3 again!

5 point lead for the good guys. Gardner has 18 in the half.

chiefsfan987
01-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Kansas is terrible and I don't blame it on youth. What a shi tty team.

chiefsfan987
01-16-2006, 06:51 PM
another turnover... gee what a suprise.

chiefsfan987
01-16-2006, 06:52 PM
5 turnovers in the last 8 posessions : )

chiefsfan987
01-16-2006, 06:52 PM
make that 6 of nine

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 06:55 PM
37-32 Mizzou at the half. Gardner with 20 so far... having a nice game.

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 06:55 PM
37-32 MU at half. Gardner has 20 points. KU has about 80 turnovers.

leviw
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Kansas is terrible and I don't blame it on youth. What a shi tty team.

You're ignorant.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Damn.. 37-36 Mizzou. KU's ball.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
38-37 KU

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 07:19 PM
If KU could quit turning the ball over, the game would be completly different right now.

ChiefsFanatic
01-16-2006, 07:20 PM
You're ignorant.

I am a huge KU fan, but it is clear that Self has coached these kids down. What other point guard do you see dribble to the side and continually pick up his dribble? How many times have our big men taken the first pass of the possession and thrown up a jumper from just inside the arc [and always miss?] We can't even complete a hand-off without committing a turnover. Chalmers passes on the fast break when he should go to the hoop, and goes to the basket when he should pass.

Our half-court offense is a joke, and yet it seems like Self is reluctant to let them run, no matter what he says.

This team is being coached poorly. I like Self, but I think he has done a poor job with the talent on this team.

I love KU, like I love the Chiefs, but bad coaching is bad coaching.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 07:22 PM
another turnover

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 07:23 PM
15 turnovers for KU... 4 minutes into the second half. Thank God.

40-39 KU

Sully
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Two layups within one second... and neither hits rim???

Cmon Mizzou, you gotta finish!!!

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Classless Tiger fans stop to honor Max Faulkenstein.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Kevin youg ties it with the old fashioned 3.

NUMBER7
01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
I am a huge KU fan, but it is clear that Self has coached these kids down. What other point guard do you see dribble to the side and continually pick up his dribble? How many times have our big men taken the first pass of the possession and thrown up a jumper from just inside the arc [and always miss?] We can't even complete a hand-off without committing a turnover. Chalmers passes on the fast break when he should go to the hoop, and goes to the basket when he should pass.

Our half-court offense is a joke, and yet it seems like Self is reluctant to let them run, no matter what he says.

This team is being coached poorly. I like Self, but I think he has done a poor job with the talent on this team.

:thumb: Excellent point. Self has never coached a group of players (inexperienced) like this before. Next year KU should be better once they
A) get into the weight room

B) develop some unity
and
C) find some rhythm

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Beat the Slavers.

leviw
01-16-2006, 07:34 PM

The thing is, this isn't just a learning experience for the players. It is for Self too. Self is reluctant to let them run because these players are going to run a half-court offense the next 3-4 years they're here. Have to practice it to get better at it.

All the mistakes you mentioned can be easily attributed to youth. The conference season isn't even a quarter over. I don't see poor coaching. I see a coach learning to coach young players, who are learning to play the game at the next level.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Trading baskets now.. 51-51 Mizzou ball

Dartgod
01-16-2006, 07:38 PM
You're ignorant.The correct response would have been, "Your and idiot".

KcMizzou
Gardner for 3 again!!! Damn! 54-51

And now KU turns it over again.

leviw
The correct response would have been, "Your and idiot".

It crossed my mind.

leviw
01-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Whoa. McKinney is a great compliment to Gardner.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 07:45 PM
KUs youth is really showing.

Frazod
01-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Score, please.

leviw
01-16-2006, 07:47 PM
60-59 KU, 7:02 2nd half

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 07:47 PM
60-59 KU 6:56 left.

Frazod
01-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Crap. Thanks.

Coach
01-16-2006, 07:49 PM
62-59 KU leading, 6:10 left in the 2nd half.

Dunit35
62-59...6 minutes left.

Skip Towne
9-0 run by KU

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 07:50 PM
64-59 KU 5:23 left.

Dunit35
That was awesome. Nice play by Chalmers and Rush.

Skip Towne
11-0 run by KU

leviw
01-16-2006, 07:51 PM
11-0 run by KU

NO WAY! This team is shitty.

So I hear around here.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Come on Ku, pull this off.

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
64-63 KU 4:22 left.

KcMizzou
Free throw shooting keeping Mizzou in it. 66-63 KU

Dunit35
Nice basket.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 07:56 PM
KU is really inconsistant. If they could fix that, they would be a lot better.

Skip Towne
01-16-2006, 07:58 PM
These are two shitty teams. Neither has any direction, just playground.

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
uh oh...leviw is going to set you straight.

Dunit35
Kinda looks like a high school game.

leviw

NBA stars in the making.

Dunit35
70-63 2:48 left

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
KU by 7 now.... pulling away with only 3 minutes left.

Shit. :shake:

Saulbadguy
NBA stars in the making.
Indeed.

Too bad that doesn't mean shit in the world of college basketball.

Saulbadguy
KU leads by 9, under 2 minutes left. :thumb:

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Rush shot that pass way to quickly.

leviw
01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
KU leads by 9, under 2 minutes left. :thumb:

First time you and I have been in agreement on anything in the last few days.

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 08:05 PM
First time you and I have been in agreement on anything in the last few days.
Mu loses. K-State gets a boost in RPI. Whats their not to like?

NUMBER7
01-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Go Hawks!! 1:20 left, hang on!

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Ahh, you cant miss these easy free throws Rush.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Well... congrats Beakers. Very disappointing.

Bearcat
01-16-2006, 08:08 PM
MU was shooting 53% at one time.... down to 39%. Wasn't that like one of last year's game (@ Allen Fieldhouse, iirc), where MU was shooting like 65% at halftime? :shrug:

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Looks like KU is going to pull this one out. Bout time they win a close scoring game.

Simply Red
01-16-2006, 08:09 PM
KU sucks MU sucks worse. This is coming from someone who really likes both teams. Carolina would hand both of these teams their asses on a plate with a side of grits. So would Duke obviously. Don't worry neither team will advance to the sweet-sixteen. MARK MY WORDS!!! Oh and UCONN is overated as well. I've gotta go I have gas.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Well maybe theyll pull it off.

NUMBER7
01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Unconscious 3 point shot. 4 Point game, c'mon Hawks!

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Don't worry neither team will advance to the sweet-sixteen. Hell, I don't think anyone expected Mizzou to advance to the "sweet" 64 this year.

leviw
01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
However this end...great game my Gardner. He was a man tonight.

So was Chalmers, though.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Hell, I don't think anyone expected Mizzou to advance to the "sweet" 64 this year.

Hell, will either team make it that far.

Coach
01-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Holy cow. It's not over yet!

KcMizzou
Holy shit... Mizzou ball down 3.

leviw
That's a HORRIBLE call. Seriously.

Dunit35
Great border showdown.

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 08:14 PM
how was that not a foul? Jeez.

Dunit35
Pretty bad call leviw.

tk13
That was a smart play. Left the ball exposed, instead of just hacking at him he grabbed the ball. A lot of players don't do that.

Dunit35
Holy crap, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

leviw
how was that not a foul? Jeez.
Same thing happened at Texas Tech last year, except they called Miles for a travel.

This is unreal.

Un-f*cking-real

KcMizzou
Holy shit! ROFL

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 08:15 PM
HOLY SHIT.

leviw
That was a smart play. Left the ball exposed, instead of just hacking at him he grabbed the ball. A lot of players don't do that.
He was clearly hit on the arm first.

Saulbadguy
CHOKE!

Coach
Clank!

Missed oppiturnity to tie that.

Bearcat
Holy shit! ROFL

That can't be good.

Damn GameCast.

Dunit35
Yes, Yes. I cant believe he missed that FT.

KcMizzou
Missed... ugh.

NUMBER7
McKinney misses, Oh my!

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:16 PM
We'll still have a shot to at least tie on the last shot.

Dunit35
Yes, yes...make the second Russ.

tk13
He was clearly hit on the arm first.
Yeah he probably was, but that was still a smart play. He didn't quit.

PastorMikH
WHAT A GAME!!!

Not too sure how McKinney didn't get a charge there. But it is getting exciting!

Dunit35
Whew...a three point game. 14.2 left...come on KU.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Im glad i woke up for this game... Missed five minutes of this game sleeping.

PastorMikH
C'MON MIZZOU!!!!

NUMBER7
Robinson, ice water in his veins at the line. 3 point game, Go Hawks!!

Simply Red
01-16-2006, 08:18 PM

So are you saying the Jayhawks have already won. Seems pretty evident MU is still in it to me. Down by two with 15 secs. left. Now that is a diehard for ya.

leviw
Yeah he probably was, but that was still a smart play. He didn't quit.

It was a smart play. The ref had the angle of the player trying to grab the ball. The player trying to foul was behind Chalmers and couldn't be seen by the official.

I say this with KU up 3. If MU ties it up on this possession, my story might change.

PastorMikH
Just remember Tiger fans, we're better than KU fans. We know if we lose, they are going to be arrogant jerks. If we win, lets be better than them and NOT rub their noses unnesecarily.

Dunit35
son of a...

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 08:19 PM
WOW. Just WOW.

HELL of a game regardless of the outcome.

Dunit35
Yes, yes, yes....make it...make it...make it...

KcMizzou
Choke, bitch!

leviw
WOW WOW WOW

Coach
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

leviw
WOW. Just WOW.

HELL of a game regardless of the outcome.
Agree....

....again.

Dunit35
Come on Moody...you can do it...

tk13
01-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Horrible defense.

Dunit35
This shot is going to be extremely tough...

PastorMikH
Do or Die at the line.

McKinney's foul doesn't matter. If he hadn't fouled, the shot would have been made. Now at least they have to earn them from the line.

Archie F. Swin
01-16-2006, 08:21 PM
damn I love MU/KU!

leviw
Aww shit. 00.4. Derek Fisher.

Please, no.

C'mon Moody.

PastorMikH
OK Quinn, Let him get to the line then call a TO.

Dunit35
He has got to be nervous..

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh no....

KcMizzou
Oh shit... please please please

PastorMikH
C'MON MISS ONE MORE!

Archie F. Swin
props to Gardner ! big time!

Bearcat
Score? Time? DETAILS????

NUMBER7
Missed the first one, c'mon Moody, What a game!

Mecca
He missed both free throws, what a choker.

Saulbadguy
CHOKE.

Coach
OVERTIME!

KcMizzou
Yes!!!!!!!!!!

leviw
i'm sick.

Dunit35
I cant believe he missed both of them...what a dissapointment..

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Score? Time? DETAILS????0:00 77-77

patteeu
Great job, Mizzou fans!!

PastorMikH
OH MAN!!!

Jayhawk and Mizzou fans all have to admit this is AWESOME right now!

tk13
Rough. Missed them both. Mizzou got lucky.

NUMBER7
Typical KU, can't hit from the line. :shake: OT.

Sure-Oz
01-16-2006, 08:24 PM
MOODY SUCKS BWahhahahaha MU still kickin!

beer bacon
OH MAN!!!

Jayhawk and Mizzou fans all have to admit this is AWESOME right now!

It is hard to take this game sober.

CASHMAN
77-77 OT KU-MU......

GO MU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: .

CASHMAN.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:25 PM
One thats all you had to make and you couldnt do it...He is probably tore up..feel sorry for him now.

Bearcat
0:00 77-77

:spock:

I've had that one GameCast for 5 minutes now... maybe I should be giving those watching it updates ROFL

PastorMikH
I havn't yelled like this since mid October with the Chiefs. (The Chiefs just didn't seem worth yelling at since then)

Frazod
Wow. Just reading the thread is making my pulse quicken.

Archie F. Swin
Nice coaching for Quin at the end of reg there.

beavis
Can you believe this Monty?

Simply Red
01-16-2006, 08:26 PM

Your and idiot!!! Learn how to be a true-fan.

Dunit35
Somebody should try and cover Gardner.

Bearcat
Wow. Just reading the thread is making my pulse quicken.

Can't wait to go home watch it... even if it is a cripple fight.

KcMizzou
Your and idiot!!! Learn how to be a true-fan.Reverse mojo baby.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Reverse mojo baby.

Im sure thats it.

leviw
01-16-2006, 08:28 PM
KU can't win. A bunch of young kids that thought they had a ballgame won before it was over can't rebound and play another five minutes.

Impossible.

KcMizzou
Im sure thats it.Well it never hurts...

Simply Red
Reverse mojo baby.

Nice answer. What ever works for you!

Bearcat
01-16-2006, 08:29 PM
KU can't win. A bunch of young kids that thought they had a ballgame won before it was over can't rebound and play another five minutes.

Impossible.

Guess it could go the "but they were supposed to learn from KSU" ...but it's MU/KU ... it defies logic.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Gardner is going to make the game winner,hes dominating KU single handedly.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Thats not a foul.

NUMBER7
01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
It is hard to take this game sober.
ROFL

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:32 PM
...but it's MU/KU ... it defies logic.Aint that the truth.

Frazod
01-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Score, please.

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 08:33 PM
83-82 MU 2:32 left.

leviw
86-85, KU...1:17 OT

Dunit35
All freshman and sophmores out there for KU.

CASHMAN
GO MU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASHMAN.....

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Never give up Jackson...good job.

Saulbadguy
85-84 MU 1:30 left.

Frazod
Thanks. Wow.

Bearcat
01-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the updates... even though I was happier seeing 82-81 for so long...

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 08:35 PM
That looked like a charge to me.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:36 PM
86-85 KU

Gardner shooting 2

Made them both.

87-86 Mizzou

leviw
If these two teams were ranked, ESPN Instant Classic, no doubt.

Dunit35
87-86.. MU.1:01 left...

Saulbadguy
87-86 MU 1:01 left.

Bearcat
01-16-2006, 08:37 PM
86-85 KU

Gardner shooting 2

Wahoo.

Dunit35
Man Gardner has 39 points...WOW

Bearcat
87-86 MU 1:01 left.

:cuss:

Saulbadguy
Wright put up a horrible shot.

tk13
Great move by Snyder right there. Switched to a zone... totally put KU out of rhythm.

CASHMAN
01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
GO MU!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

CASHMAN.

KcMizzou
Man, this would have been a fun game to be at.

leviw
Who's the go-to guy in the clutch? Rush or Chalmers?

Frazod
01-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Between this and watching 24..... SHIT :eek:

Archie F. Swin
Damn, you gotta win the close ones Bill Self

Dunit35
Chalmers...

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 08:41 PM
88-86 Mizzou 18.5 left... KU ball.