PDA

View Full Version : Lunch in Springfield, Friday, January 27th

Braincase
01-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Anybody want to get together for lunch?

I'm heading to Springfield to pick up some tools over at the Grizzly Showroom for my luthiery hobby (doesn't everybody need a 1.5 HP 14" bandsaw?). I figure I'll get down there late morning, get together for lunch, then pick up my tools and head back.

I'm more than open-minded about where, and don't anybody tell Zach...

|Zach|
01-16-2006, 12:43 PM
I will be feasting on the blood of my enemies that day. You are more than welcome to join in.

|Zach|
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Heh, now that I double check it seems I will actully be heading to KC that day. I am going to a thing for my dad.

Maybe we can plan some form of high 5 on the road with both of our vehicles going 60 mph in different directions?

Hammock Parties
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Are you guys going to Martha's?

|Zach|
01-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Are you guys going to Martha's?
Ha.

Rain Man
01-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I will be feasting on the blood of my enemies that day. You are more than welcome to join in.

Mmm....shrimp.

jspchief
01-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Do you do just luthiery?

I do some woodworking in my sparetime. A nice bandsaw is high on my list of stuff I still need (want). Grizzly makes some good stuff. Great combination of price and quality.

Braincase
01-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Do you do just luthiery?

I do some woodworking in my sparetime. A nice bandsaw is high on my list of stuff I still need (want). Grizzly makes some good stuff. Great combination of price and quality.

Pretty much. A few years ago I decided my GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) was going to cause me to acquire a new Gibson Les Paul, and when I looked at the price I thought, "Damn - for that kind of money I can build my own woodshop and build my own damn guitar!".

So now I have two routers (One Craftsman, One Bosch), two router tables, a table saw, a 9" Ryobi bandsaw, files, surforms, a grinder, not near enough clamps, and a few jigs I've put together... and still about a 1000 board feet of walnut in the garage.

I would like to get to a point where I can build some nice hope chests for my daughters...

jspchief
01-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Pretty much. A few years ago I decided my GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) was going to cause me to acquire a new Gibson Les Paul, and when I looked at the price I thought, "Damn - for that kind of money I can build my own woodshop and build my own damn guitar!".

So now I have two routers (One Craftsman, One Bosch), two router tables, a table saw, a 9" Ryobi bandsaw, files, surforms, a grinder, not near enough clamps, and a few jigs I've put together... and still about a 1000 board feet of walnut in the garage.

I would like to get to a point where I can build some nice hope chests for my daughters...I got started by building poker tables. Same thing, thought I could build one cheaper than buying one.

My latest project is a crib for my daughter. It will be done about the time she goes off to college. :)

Braincase
01-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I got started by building poker tables. Same thing, thought I could build one cheaper than buying one.

My latest project is a crib for my daughter. It will be done about the time she goes off to college. :)

Looks nice. I'll post my next guitar when I get it done... about the time your daughter goes off to college...

Braincase
01-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Who the hell is down there these days anyway?

Braincase
01-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Time to bump this, see if anybody is interested in having lunch on Friday...or at least give me a recommendation about where to eat.

Phobia
01-25-2006, 10:55 AM
You should get about 4 or 5 people who will show up. On Friday you'll be able to locate none. This isn't a joke. Check snopes.

jspchief
01-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Or decides not to cause she needs the crib for her new daughter.4321

Ralphy Boy
01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Time to bump this, see if anybody is interested in having lunch on Friday...or at least give me a recommendation about where to eat.

No thanks. There is an A&W on your way back to KC right near Lowry City.

luv
01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Anybody want to get together for lunch?

I'm heading to Springfield to pick up some tools over at the Grizzly Showroom for my luthiery hobby (doesn't everybody need a 1.5 HP 14" bandsaw?). I figure I'll get down there late morning, get together for lunch, then pick up my tools and head back.

I'm more than open-minded about where, and don't anybody tell Zach...
Okay, time for everyone to roll their eyes and say "yeah, right". Lunches are good for me since I don't have to work until 3:00. Grizzley's isn't far from my place either. I'm saying I SHOULD be able to be there. Not making any definite statements this time. In that area, there are a lot of fast food places near by, or some Chinese places further east on Battlefield. Or Ci Ci's pizza. If school's in session, it's usually not too busy during the day.

Braincase
01-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Okay, time for everyone to roll their eyes and say "yeah, right". Lunches are good for me since I don't have to work until 3:00. Grizzley's isn't far from my place either. I'm saying I SHOULD be able to be there. Not making any definite statements this time. In that area, there are a lot of fast food places near by, or some Chinese places further east on Battlefield. Or Ci Ci's pizza. If school's in session, it's usually not too busy during the day.

I'm heading over today. I guess this idea has generated about as much interest as gochief's Naboo Kiosk@ Arrowhead Drive idea.

Skip Towne
01-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Hve you contacted Mohillbilly? He likes to get together. And TK will usually show up. (really)

Phobia
01-27-2006, 07:53 AM
You're on your own today, Bob. You'll have better luck lunching with some stranger off the street.

Braincase
01-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Hve you contacted Mohillbilly? He likes to get together. And TK will usually show up. (really)

Well, this thread has been on the front page several times, and only one person has expressed any interest. I'm not going to sweat it, as I'll be pressed to get home in decent time.

Skip Towne
01-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, this thread has been on the front page several times, and only one person has expressed any interest. I'm not going to sweat it, as I'll be pressed to get home in decent time.
It's nothing personal. Those Springfieldians treat everybody this way.

Rain Man
01-27-2006, 09:34 AM
You can count me in, as long as we can hold the lunch in Denver. Maybe I could drive as far as Aurora.

luv
01-27-2006, 11:03 AM
You can count me in, as long as we can hold the lunch in Denver. Maybe I could drive as far as Aurora.
You might want to say Aurora, CO. Aurora, MO isn't that far from here.