PDA

View Full Version : MY KU predictions.............

chiefqueen
01-16-2006, 09:25 PM
<HR SIZE=5>
2005-06 Schedule Date Time Opponent TV
Jan 21 (Sat) 3:00 NEBRASKA * (W)

Jan 25 (Wed) 7:00 at Texas A&M * (L)

Jan 28 (Sat) 11:00 AM at Iowa State * (L)

Jan 30 (Mon) 8:00 TEXAS TECH * (L)

Feb 5 (Sun) 12:00 OKLAHOMA * (L)

Feb 8 (Wed) 6:30 at Nebraska * (L)

Feb 11 (Sat) 3:00 IOWA STATE * (L)

Feb 13 (Mon) 8:00 at Oklahoma State * (L)

Feb 18 (Sat) 2:45 MISSOURI * (W)

Feb 21 (Tue) 7:00 BAYLOR * (W)

Feb 25 (Sat) 8:00 at Texas * (L)

Mar 1 (Wed) 7:00 COLORADO * (L)

Mar 4 (Sat) 3:00 at Kansas State *(L)

FC Mar 9 (Thur) TBA vs Big 12 Tourn: TBA5 (L)
ESPN+

I see KU going 13-17. These kids may be good but they do not know how to win. Learning how to win is something you do in Dec. not during conference play.

Spott
01-16-2006, 09:32 PM
How can you predict a loss in the Big 12 tourney when you don't even know who you're playing?

ROYC75
01-16-2006, 09:36 PM
You an MU fan, KSU fan ? I see about 9 wins there.

Keep in mind thei team is young, they will learn as they go, it's common for many of young teams. Plus, they haven't been really blown out other than the AZ game, 5 loses by a combined 13 points.

Now will they do much this year by getting it turned around, I don't see it, but I do see them getting it all together soon, next year looks really good for us.

chiefqueen
01-16-2006, 09:37 PM
How can you predict a loss in the Big 12 tourney when you don't even know who you're playing?

The only team I am absolutely sure KU will beat is Baylor...........KU is not finishing fifth in the Big XII.

Braincase
01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Getting SWEPT by Nebraska and Iowa State, and losing to Colorado at home, and a single win against the Big 12 South?

When does downtown Lawrence burn down again?

chiefqueen
01-16-2006, 09:50 PM
You an MU fan, KSU fan ? I see about 9 wins there.

Keep in mind thei team is young, they will learn as they go, it's common for many of young teams. Plus, they haven't been really blown out other than the AZ game, 5 loses by a combined 13 points.

Now will they do much this year by getting it turned around, I don't see it, but I do see them getting it all together soon, next year looks really good for us.

I'm a realistic KU fan. This ream does not know how to win. I personnally believe a team either learns how to win at the beginning at the season or they don't. I don't buy into this "learning how to win" as the season goes along jazz.

If KU knew how to win - they would be 3-0 in conference now. Teams who know how to win do not give up a 12 point lead with 8 min to go @ home and a 9 point lead in 1:20.

I believe this will cause a negative self-fulling prophecy in the minds of KU players of them thinking they can't hold leads of less than 15 point late or win close games. This causes players to press and try to do much which leads to the loss.

Dunit35
01-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I see them being above .500.

chiefqueen
01-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Getting SWEPT by Nebraska and Iowa State, and losing to Colorado at home, and a single win against the Big 12 South?

When does downtown Lawrence burn down again?

Nebraska SHOULD HAVE beaten last year's Senior dominated team @ Allen and Iowa State did.

Bearcat
01-16-2006, 10:09 PM
I personnally believe a team either learns how to win at the beginning at the season or they don't. I don't buy into this "learning how to win" as the season goes along jazz.

:spock:

So a team that's never played together or with that coach or on the college level is supposed to either gel in the first couple of weeks or they're screwed?

The team that beat KU in the NC game a few years ago was unranked fairly deep into the season... not sure there's a better example of a team learning how to win.

WilliamTheIrish
01-17-2006, 02:01 AM
:spock:

So a team that's never played together or with that coach or on the college level is supposed to either gel in the first couple of weeks or they're screwed?

The team that beat KU in the NC game a few years ago was unranked fairly deep into the season... not sure there's a better example of a team learning how to win.

That team had some real players.

There is no Hakeem Warrick or Carmelo Anthony residing on the KU roster.

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Whatever.

Mr. Laz
02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Whatever.
heh

Skip Towne
02-12-2006, 11:58 AM
I hope they learn how to win pretty soon. The Dance is coming up.

Dunit35
02-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Chiefqueens predictions were about as accurate as the Jake Plummer MVP predictions.

phxchief
02-12-2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.unt.edu/westhall/images/moron.jpg

Everybody point and laugh at duncequeen.

Ceej
02-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm not a fan of bumping people's predictions, because it's all just opinion, and even the experts only get it right 50% of the time...... but chiefqueen has always had the doom-and-gloom attitude about the Jayhawks, and the "Learning how to win is something you do in Dec. not during conference play" was just too priceless to pass up :p

Braincase
02-12-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm not a fan of bumping people's predictions, because it's all just opinion, and even the experts only get it right 50% of the time...... but chiefqueen has always had the doom-and-gloom attitude about the Jayhawks, and the "Learning how to win is something you do in Dec. not during conference play" was just too priceless to pass up :p

I think she should make a doom and gloom prediction every year. We went from trying to find 7 wins total in the remainder of the season to winning 7 in a row, and pending rankings. I think she adds to the board, don't get me wrong, but every now and then you just have to dogpile on someone... and this thread is ripe for the pouncing.

Luv ya, cq... ;)

DJay23
02-12-2006, 12:46 PM
"Learning how to win is something you do in Dec. not during conference play"
That statement alone makes anything chiefqueen says about college hoops null and void in my mind. Doesn't show she knows too much about the game.

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I think she should make a doom and gloom prediction every year. We went from trying to find 7 wins total in the remainder of the season to winning 7 in a row, and pending rankings. I think she adds to the board, don't get me wrong, but every now and then you just have to dogpile on someone... and this thread is ripe for the pouncing.

Luv ya, cq... ;)

I'm just worried she'll be wrong about MU & Baylor, too ROFL

teedubya
02-12-2006, 01:11 PM
thanks Chiefsqueen.

much love.

chiefqueen
02-12-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm just worried she'll be wrong about MU & Baylor, too ROFL

So you want me to post about KU will go back to the way they defended dribble penetration under Roy and MU & Baylor will get hot from 3? (I don't think that will happen, however).ROFL

Braincase
02-12-2006, 01:38 PM
So you want me to post about KU will go back to the way they defended dribble penetration under Roy and MU & Baylor will get hot from 3? (I don't think that will happen, however).ROFL

Roy who?

alnorth
02-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Wow. You have to give some slack for predictions that dont come true, even the experts are wrong half the time but....

This was one hell of a miss.

KcMizzou
02-12-2006, 02:40 PM
This was one hell of a miss.Or the most powerful reverse mojo I've ever seen.

chiefqueen
02-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Or the most powerful reverse mojo I've ever seen.

How dare you divulge my sinister plot. However, it worked too well. I wanted Quin to retire at MU.

Bearcat
02-12-2006, 02:58 PM

I'm more worried about them looking past OSU than beating MU, but Baylor is a classic look-ahead game, too (even though I'm not sure Baylor could win even if KU didn't show up)..... and I guess MU could muster the desire & motivation & beat KU for ole Quin.

Yeah, write about that.