PDA

View Full Version : Unfounded Rumor: Saunders accepts Raiders job...

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Mike Solari to be new OC per 810 radio Frank Boal.

CosmicPal
01-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Frank Boal is an azz.....

But, I'd be happy with Solari.

beavis
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Our new OC or the Raiders new OC?

Rain Man
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Al can't leave. He's a key part of the team.

Luzap
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Solari is to be OUR new OC?

Luz
making sure...

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Not as bad as I thought. I assumed we'd lose Solari, too.

Archie F. Swin
01-17-2006, 11:31 AM
810 has been talking ku/mu for the last half hour

beavis
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
810 has been talking ku/mu for the last half hour
So is cheese making this up?

Luzap
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
So, is this real?

Luz
whom to trust...

Archie F. Swin
01-17-2006, 11:34 AM
I 'll let you know if Petro changes topics

Luzap
01-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Beavis,

This is scary.

Luz
de ja veax all over again...

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 11:35 AM
solari to be our new OC or the faiders new OC?

Archie Bunker
So, is this real?

Luz
whom to trust...

I am not sure. There is a thread identical to this over at Phil's board. Athan seems do back it up so I really dont know.

Sure-Oz
Solari better be our new OC damnit

Chiefs Pantalones
The planet will self-destruct in 10 seconds...

chief4life
01-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Our new OC or the Raiders new OC?

Our new OC not the raiders. Also Terry Shea is staying to I heard. I love the idea of Solari being the OC. I am so glad we didn't lose him.

Archie Bunker
01-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Solari better be our new OC damnit

According to the rumor he will be the Chiefs OC

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Our new OC not the raiders. Also Terry Shea is staying to I heard. I love the idea of Solari being the OC. I am so glad we didn't lose him.

I think Solari being the new OC means running the ball will be emphasized.

Phobia
01-17-2006, 11:40 AM
I am not sure. There is a thread identical to this over at Phil's board. Athan seems do back it up so I really dont know.

Yeah. Goat just copied it. I haven't heard anybody refute the Boal report.

I think Shea makes more sense as OC, but I'm not an NFL personnel guy so I don't count.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 11:41 AM

http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg

Sure-Oz
Running the ball is just fine with me, i mean we have the best RB possibly in the NFL....as long as there isnt much changes.

Eleazar
WTF. Who's going to Detroit then?

The Bad Guy
01-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah. Goat just copied it. I haven't heard anybody refute the Boal report.

I think Shea makes more sense as OC, but I'm not an NFL personnel guy so I don't count.

I think it would probably be like Solari did for Al. Solari coordinated the running game and Al handled the passing. Shea will probably handle the passing attack.

chief4life
01-17-2006, 11:42 AM

And you are complaining because? Im sure he will go just as much to the air as Saunders.

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Saunders as HC with Raye retained as OC ought to be a winning combination.

ROYC75
01-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Al just took the job to piss Carl off............

Dammit Carl.

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:45 AM

Which is a good thing...

jspchief
01-17-2006, 11:46 AM
I think it would probably be like Solari did for Al. Solari coordinated the running game and Al handled the passing. Shea will probably handle the passing attack.This is what I'm hoping. I think keeping Shea will go a long way towards helping Solari through any stumbling blocks in the passing game.

I'm glad we were able to keep some guys from the old Offensive staff.

Now here's to kicking the shit out of that dirty Raider Al Saunders. :toast:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 11:47 AM
And you are complaining because? Im sure he will go just as much to the air as Saunders.
Who said I was complaining, poopy pants?

shakesthecat
01-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I certainly can't fault Saunders for leaving, but I'm damn glad that Solari and Shea appear to be staying.

htismaqe
01-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Personally, I think Solari is the best choice. He's experienced Al's offense and he has previous experience in Coryell systems. He's an o-line guru and should understand the importance of the running game.

I don't mind if Shea works with the passing game, but I'm not as high on him as some others.

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 11:49 AM

Then WTF are we going to do with our new WR, Urlacher?

Kylo Ren
I hate it that Saunders is going to the Raiders. They'll ruin his career and reputation. I am happy that Solari will be the OC. He was my second choice. I hope with Solari's promotion, that will affect Shields' decision to stay for one more season.

chasedude
So let me get this str8 now. Al went to the raiders and Solari is the new Offensive Coordinator?

old_geezer
01-17-2006, 11:50 AM

That's going to leave a mark. :)

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 11:51 AM

Who cares?:p

I'm fine with Solari as OC. He's put together one of the best lines in the NFL.

Al to the Raiders, he must REALLY be desparate to be a HC again. Wonder where he'll be in 2008?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Then WTF are we going to do with our new WR, Urlacher?
I'm not sure. I'll call Jack Bauer.

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I don't look for a big drop-off from in our offense. Dick and Al taught the guys well, and we virtually have on on-field OC in this system with Green.

I do, however, look for DRAMATIC improvement in the Raiders' offense. It'll be interesting to see how Al Saunders fills out the staff there. I have a feeling I am going to like his DC more than I do ours.

Also, look for Todd Collins to go to Oakland and help Al teach a young guy. I wouldn't be surprised if Todd Collins started for the Raiders this year. You need a QB who knows the system in order to teach the rest of the guys.

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 11:52 AM
So let me get this str8 now. Al went to the raiders and Solari is the new Offensive Coordinator?

Yeah, and chief4life is a poopy pants.

harpes
01-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Saunders has also been offered the OC job at Denver for $2M so it would be a tuff call. Either way I feel like he scewed us that supported him.

Rausch
Also, look for Todd Collins to go to Oakland and help Al teach a young guy. I wouldn't be surprised if Todd Collins started for the Raiders this year. You need a QB who knows the system in order to teach the rest of the guys.

Oh hell no... :cuss:

PastorMikH
I hate it that Saunders is going to the Raiders. They'll ruin his career and reputation.

I agree on his career going down the drain. I'm thinking in 2 years Davis will be looking for someone else.

nychief
01-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Volare Lyrics

Send Gipsy Kings polyphonic ringtone to your cell phone

Pienso que un sueno parecido no volvera mas
Y me pintaba las manos y la cara de azul
Y me improviso el viento rapido me llevo
Y me hizo a volar en el cielo infinito

Solari, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Nel blu dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu

Y volando, volando feliz
Yo me encuentro mas alto
Mas alto que el sol
Y mientras que el mundo
Se aleja despacio de mi
Una musica dulce
Se ha tocada solo para mi

Solari, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Nel blu dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu

Solari, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Nel blu dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu

Solari, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Nel blu dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu

Solari, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Nel blu dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu

Solari, oh oh
Cantare, oh oh oh oh
Nel blu dipinto di blu
Felice di stare lassu

Matt Helm
Marinelli interview makes it three
Louisville's Petrino reportedly draws interest from Davis
By Bill Soliday, STAFF WRITER
The Raiders have now completed three interviews for their head coaching vacancy after owner Al Davis spent Monday with Tampa Bay assistant coach Rod Marinelli. Previously, Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders and San Diego receivers coach James Lofton went through the interview process in Oakland. Marinelli, in Tampa since 1996, has been defensive line coach as well as assistant head coach to former Raiders coach Jon Gruden. Not only was Marinelli the third interview in the process that has picked up momentum in the last week, but he was the third prospective candidate with Northern California roots. Marinelli coached defensive linemen at Cal for nine years from 1983 to 1991. The first interview Davis conducted was with Saunders, a San Jose State product. The second was with Lofton, a former Los Angeles Raider who played college ball at Stanford. Still believed to be in line for an interview is Pat Hill, coach at Fresno State. ESPN reported Monday night that Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino was also being considered as a candidate. The new coach will be the sixth to serve under Davis sincefrom Sports 1 the team returned to Oakland from Los Angeles in 1995. During that span, the team has compiled an 85-98 record, including seven postseason games for a winning percentage of .464. Norv Turner was fired on Jan.3, three days after the team concluded a 4-12 season, its third since 1997. The previous two were under Joe Bugel (1997) and Bill Callahan (2003). Between 1969 and 1994, the Raiders had just four coaches, John Madden (112-39-7, Tom Flores (91-56), Mike Shanahan (8-12) and Art Shell (56-41). Their combined record of 267 wins and 148 losses amount to a .643 winning percentage. Marinelli, 56, was the first coach interviewed who had a background in defense. While at Tampa Bay, he coached Raiders defensive tackle Warren Sapp. Because he had been considered a strong candidate for various other positions, the Bucs in the past had rejected attempts by other clubs to interview him for defensive coordinator positions on several occasions. The end result was a new contract along with the title assistant head coach, a title that prohibited other teams from trying to lure him away. This year, however, his contract is due to expire, and the Bucs face the prospect of losing yet another defensive coach. Earlier, defensive assistants Mike Tomlin and Raheem Morris departed from a unit that finished first in the NFL in total defense last year. Petrino, 43, has experience as a pro coach with Jacksonville (1999-2001), where he was offensive coordinator and coached quarterbacks. His father, Bob, was elected to the NAIA Hall of Fame for his work at Carroll University. Noted as a disciplinarian, Petrino just concluded his third season at Louisville. His team lost to Virginia Tech in the Gator Bowl 35-24. A year earlier, Louisville finished 10-1 as the Cardinals led the nation in scoring. After that season, Petrino was considered a coaching candidate at Notre Dame, Mississippi, Washington and Florida.

ptlyon
Saunders has also been offered the OC job at Denver for $2M so it would be a tuff call. Either way I feel like he scewed us that supported him.

Then you have to support him going somewhere where he can further his career because it is very evident that it won't happen here.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 11:55 AM
I don't look for a big drop-off from in our offense. Dick and Al taught the guys well, and we virtually have on on-field OC in this system with Green.

Not if they don't let him call the plays. I hope Solari changes that. Trent needs the freedom to audible when he sees a breakdown. That was my biggest complaint with Al.

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 11:55 AM

Where'd you hear that? If so, what does that say about the WCO if even Shanahan wants to abandon it?

I can't believe you say Al screwed us over. CP screwed over Al.

Seek
01-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I certainly can't fault Saunders for leaving, but I'm damn glad that Solari and Shea appear to be staying.

I don't blame him either. I mean is probably getting close to retiring. And if not he probably only had a couple years left with KC so why not. If he fails in Oakland like the usual 2 - 3 years. he can at least say he gave it a shot.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 11:56 AM
The Air-Coryell system in Denver? With Jake Plummer at QB? ROFL

That's like putting a monkey in charge of a heart-transplant operation.

the Talking Can
01-17-2006, 11:57 AM
first...AS took the coaching job at Detroit last tuesday, as reported by Nick Athan...

second, thank jesus we kept Solari....good job Herm

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 11:59 AM

And Priest Holmes is going to be their running back.

Radar Chief
01-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Then you have to support him going somewhere where he can further his career because it is very evident that it won't happen here.

Right, that’s why I hate see’n him go to the Raiduhs.

ROYC75
01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
The Air-Coryell system in Denver? With Jake Plummer at QB? ROFL

That's like putting a monkey in charge of a heart-transplant operation.

Kinda waht I was thinking here ......
Plummer could never do this offence, too many thinking options. Plummer had to be toned down in Denver with the WCO.

Matt Helm
01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I ran a quick check on cnnsi and espn. No comments at all.

If it were true there would be something up by now.

This must another Nick guess.

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Right, that’s why I hate see’n him go to the Raiduhs.

You're from Chanute, KS? Wow - now I can say I know somebody from Chanute, KS!

Yes, I don't like it either, but I don't blame him one bit. Well, he should look at the ramifications of going to work for an owner like either Greazy Al or Millen, but to each his own I say.

Make some big bucks and get out for good.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 12:04 PM
how did he screw us?

he came here and stayed here when he had other offers.

he turned down the faiders HC job once already and stayed on a OC.

the chiefs passed him up twice ... what's he supposed to do.

He's supposed to stay an OC for the rest of his life because he like KC?

Hammock Parties
This sucks...the Raiders defense will know all our plays, just like Gruden did in the Super Bowl against them.

htismaqe

I do, however, look for DRAMATIC improvement in the Raiders' offense. It'll be interesting to see how Al Saunders fills out the staff there. I have a feeling I am going to like his DC more than I do ours.

Yeah, I think the biggest question is what he does with their defense...

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 12:06 PM
This sucks...the Raiders defense will know all our plays, just like Gruden did in the Super Bowl against them.

They knew our plays last year. If Johnson's in, it's going to be a run. Problem isn't knowing what we are going to do, it's stopping Johnson when we do it.

That said, we'll also know what he's going to do. And if rumors of Gun and Al's relationship are true, you know Gun will be licking his chops when he gets to face Al's O in Oakland.

penchief
01-17-2006, 12:07 PM
And Priest Holmes is going to be their running back.

That's a thought. The situation actually could benefit us in a round-about way if Holmes utltimately get's to help Saunders implement his offense elsewhere. We might be able to shed some of that huge salary and maybe get a little something in return.

I like the way you think.

ChiTown
01-17-2006, 12:08 PM
f-him.

I like Solari better anyways....... :harumph:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 12:09 PM
That's a thought. The situation actually could benefit us in a round-about way if Holmes utltimately get's to help Saunders implement his offense elsewhere. We might be able to shed some of that huge salary and maybe get a little something in return.

I like the way you think.

Priest Holmes for Randy Moss? hehehe

Seek
01-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Not if they don't let him call the plays. I hope Solari changes that. Trent needs the freedom to audible when he sees a breakdown. That was my biggest complaint with Al.

Trent has alwasy had the capability to call an audible. The Chiefs came out after the Philly game when the media speculated that this was the reason Trent was so pissed after the Int. The Chiefs even said that Trent called 9 audbiles before that pick.

The lack of capability, was giving Trent the freedom to call his own play. The audibles he was allowed to play where scripted audibles for certain situations. Say it was a run up the middle and Trent sees 8 men in the box, he would have a set play to audbile to a TG.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 12:10 PM
They knew our plays last year..

They did? If so, I'm betting their knowledge of our offense is increased tenfold with Saunders. This is NOT GOOD. For the first time in the four seasons I'm worried about playing Oakland.

And if rumors of Gun and Al's relationship are true, you know Gun will be licking his chops when he gets to face Al's O in Oakland.

OK, that's quite pathetic, really. Gunther isn't going to do shit against Saunders.

I'm actually more worried about the Raiders D than their O right now. Until Oakland gets a QB Saunders will be hamstrung.

Archie F. Swin
01-17-2006, 12:11 PM
810 said nothing of this during their news updates

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 12:12 PM
I think a lot of teams in the NFL knows what we and others are going to run. They just can't stop us. Like they know we're going to run to the left about 80% of the time, but do they stop us?

Eleazar
01-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Trent has alwasy had the capability to call an audible. The Chiefs came out after the Philly game when the media speculated that this was the reason Trent was so pissed after the Int. The Chiefs even said that Trent called 9 audbiles before that pick.

The lack of capability, was giving Trent the freedom to call his own play. The audibles he was allowed to play where scripted audibles for certain situations. Say it was a run up the middle and Trent sees 8 men in the box, he would have a set play to audbile to a TG.

I am positive I've heard Trent say before on the radio that the offense does not use audibles.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 12:13 PM
They did? If so, I'm betting their knowledge of our offense is increased tenfold with Saunders. This is NOT GOOD. For the first time in the four seasons I'm worried about playing Oakland.

People have known we were going to run the ball for years and it hasn't stopped us. I don't care how much inside knowledge Saunders has, he still has to get his shitty defense to execute better than our historic offense.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 12:14 PM
People have known we were going to run the ball for years and it hasn't stopped us. I don't care how much inside knowledge Saunders has, he still has to get his shitty defense to execute better than our historic offense.

It's one thing to know what an offense or defense is going to do, but it's another thing if they have the talent capable of stopping us or not. It's all about the talent, not the scheme...

jspchief
01-17-2006, 12:14 PM
810 said nothing of this during their news updatesIf this is just another Athan rumor perpetuated by gochiefs, some banning will be in order.

HC_Chief
01-17-2006, 12:15 PM

No doubt. He may know the system & personnel, but he doesn't know the calls. Knowing the way HE called games, the chOakland _efense will be in pass-protect 90% of the time they face us :p

Seek
01-17-2006, 12:16 PM
I am positive I've heard Trent say before on the radio that the offense does not use audibles.

I am 100% sure Dick Vermail answered the question about audibles after the Philly game. He said Trent called 9 audbiles before that play.

It would be completely ignorant for an NFL team to not have any audibles. Common sense simply makes that report false.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm actually more worried about the Raiders D than their O right now. Until Oakland gets a QB Saunders will be hamstrung.

if Saunders is smart (and he is) he will go out and get a pure defensive mind who make use of their talent and allow Saunder to focus on straightening out their offense.

the QB position will hurt saunder .... Todd Collins in oakland is a definite possibility.

kerry collins is and idiot

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 12:20 PM

OK, that's quite pathetic, really. Gunther isn't going to do against Saunders.

gochiefs, please, you don't think NFL teams don't know each other well enough to know what they do? Do you really think that Norv and his coaching staff had no idea what plays we ran? (Or any other team we face for that matter). I remember back when Terril Davis was playing. Marty made the comment that when Davis was 5 yards from the line, he was going to block for a passing play. When he was 7-8 yards back he was going to run the ball (the extra room gave him more time to get to speed). If coaches are able to pick up on things like that, I guarantee you they know the plays we run.

The key to Tampa's win over the Raiders wasn't Gruden knowing what Oakland would do, it was becuase Gruden outcoached Callahan up and down the field for the entire game.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm not worried about the running game. I'm worried about the passing game. And Saunders knows it inside and out. That was what killed the Raiders in the Super Bowl.

Dave Lane
01-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah for us!

Dave

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 12:23 PM
The key to Tampa's win over the Raiders wasn't Gruden knowing what Oakland would do, it was becuase Gruden outcoached Callahan up and down the field for the entire game.

I think those things are one and the same. Lynch came to the sideline and told Gruden "every play they've run we've run in practice. It's amazing."

Saunders knows our entire playbook inside and out. That's going to work to their advantage. That was knowledge they DIDN'T have last year.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 12:23 PM
No doubt. He may know the system & personnel, but he doesn't know the calls. Knowing the way HE called games, the chOakland _efense will be in pass-protect 90% of the time they face us :p

On that angle, we'll actually have an advatage over Saunders. He's called plays for us for 5 years. Solari (if the rumor is true) has yet to call a play for us. His tendancies won't be quite as evident at first.

Phobia
01-17-2006, 12:24 PM
If this is just another Athan rumor perpetuated by gochiefs, some banning will be in order.

It's not. Some guy posted it at Warpaint. http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=8317.topic

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 12:24 PM
On that angle, we'll actually have an advatage over Saunders. He's called plays for us for 5 years. Solari (if the rumor is true) has yet to call a play for us. His tendancies won't be quite as evident at first.

That's true.

I'm expecting Gunther to get schooled, though.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 12:25 PM
gochiefs, please, you don't think NFL teams don't know each other well enough to know what they do? Do you really think that Norv and his coaching staff had no idea what plays we ran? (Or any other team we face for that matter). I remember back when Terril Davis was playing. Marty made the comment that when Davis was 5 yards from the line, he was going to block for a passing play. When he was 7-8 yards back he was going to run the ball (the extra room gave him more time to get to speed). If coaches are able to pick up on things like that, I guarantee you they know the plays we run.

of course the other teams know the plays that are run

but it goes to a whole different level when a coach moves and knows each players/coaches tendencies.

i imagine saunder knows solari and green much better than anyone can from just studying game tape.

Chiefs Pantalones
I don't think this is legit, but it's been a fun thread. Good times.

htismaqe

The Iowa Hawkeyes have run a zone blocking scheme similar to the Broncos since Kirk Ferentz arrived.

Every game, the announcers say "it's a run, the RB is 7 yards deep" and every game, Iowa runs the ball well.

Talent and execution.

Eleazar
I am 100% sure Dick Vermail answered the question about audibles after the Philly game. He said Trent called 9 audbiles before that play.

It would be completely ignorant for an NFL team to not have any audibles. Common sense simply makes that report false.

So what you heard is gospel, but what I heard is BS. Thanks for the insight.

As far as me being "completely ignorant" for quoting the QB of the frigging team or not using common sense in believing him when he said it, got a present for ya 4321

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 12:26 PM
It's not. Some guy posted it at Warpaint. http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=8317.topic

Can we call him a source?

Sources are much more credible.

The Bad Guy
01-17-2006, 12:26 PM

So basically Athan's apprentices on the board have picked up his ability to bullshit?

Shocking.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Saunders knows our entire playbook inside and out. That's going to work to their advantage. That was knowledge they DIDN'T have last year.

How do you know that we are going to have the same exact playbook? Is it mandatory that the team keep every play as it was the year before without adding or taking away plays based on new ideas, players, coaching views and so on?

Playbooks change every year. Even Al's did while he was here. So saying that he will know our entire playbook is a bit presumptious. Also, do you think he is going to leave his playbook here and write a completely new playbook in Oakland? Completely dis-regard a playbook that he has spent years putting together? No. He will take his playbook with him and start implementing those plays there. To which it can be said that we will also know his playbook too.

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 12:27 PM
I think those things are one and the same. Lynch came to the sideline and told Gruden "every play they've run we've run in practice. It's amazing."

The Rams knew our entire playbook a few years ago when we played, and we lit them up.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 12:28 PM
i find it difficult to believe that Saunders would actually keep Raye has OC.

Seek
01-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Guys, the plays Al Saunders called is a play you can find in every teams play book. The difference with Al Saunders and the Coryell offense is how they are called. Plus the shifting and motion to see what type of defense is being ran, or to confuse the defense.

Al started to become very predictable the last year. As a season ticket holder I would sit there, and say, OH here comes the draw play because I got so used to seeing, and it happened every 2 minute drill.

Again it is not the plays, but the order they are called.

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Even Al's did while he was here.

That's right! He will have to rewrite the entire playbook again without his "secret weapon"!

This is looking better and better.

DaKCMan AP
01-17-2006, 12:30 PM

That would be excellent!

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 12:30 PM
That's true.

I do have a little more faith in Gun that you do. However, keep in mind though, Gunther last year was our top coach for the D. This year we will have Herm on the sidelines as well. Herm is a D-minded coach. If Gunther get's schooled, Herm will be able to step in and lend him a hand.

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 12:31 PM
i find it difficult to believe that Saunders would actually keep Raye has OC.

Is that the rumor? I can't believe that's true.

Phobia
So basically Athan's apprentices on the board have picked up his ability to bullshit?

Shocking.

I'd say gochiefs cut & pasted footballdiehard's thread precisely. You can interpret that any way you wish. I don't think Athan really had much to do with it. Gochiefs does this frequently with threads from other boards. He never attributes the quotes either. It's something he's done for years.

PastorMikH
That's right! He will have to rewrite the entire playbook again without his "secret weapon"!

This is looking better and better.

Eh, I'm willing to let him have Wilson for a first round pick. :)

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I'd say gochiefs cut & pasted footballdiehard's thread precisely. You can interpret that any way you wish. I don't think Athan really had much to do with it. Gochiefs does this frequently with threads from other boards. He never attributes the quotes either. It's something he's done for years.

So Phil, from what you can tell, is there any truth to this or is it all just rumor?

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 12:32 PM

Gee, you're really going out on a limb, there...

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 12:34 PM
I guess I'm wrong for trusting anyone on WPI that says they heard something on the radio. :shrug:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Vanilla Thunder reports that Vanilla Thunder is hungry, and has to tinkle.

Seek
01-17-2006, 12:36 PM
So what you heard is gospel, but what I heard is BS. Thanks for the insight.

As far as me being "completely ignorant" for quoting the QB of the frigging team or not using common sense in believing him when he said it, got a present for ya 4321

If you want to call yourself completely ignorant, that is fine, but I didn't. I was saying if that is true, then the Chiefs are ignorant.

I am just saying, DV said the Trent is allowed to call select audibles and already called 9 that game. Maybe Trent was upset that he didn't get to call his own audible, that he saw would be open from a previous play.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Cochise, you're not ignorant, you're mistaken. I've seen Green call audibles in Chiefs games past.

chief4life
01-17-2006, 12:40 PM
I guess I'm wrong for trusting anyone on WPI that says they heard something on the radio. :shrug:

I guess we will find out soon what is going on

TNTEICHER
01-17-2006, 12:45 PM

I for one would like to see Solari mix up the offense a little -- run things differently. Call games differently. Freshen up the playbook. I wasn't in love with the way Al ran the offense. It got stale if you ask me. Hell even Jimmy Raye could call a game (and win) with our offensive line.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 12:47 PM
We should immediately trade Al's toy Kris Wilson to the Raiders for a bunch of starters.

Eleazar
01-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Cochise, you're not ignorant, you're mistaken. I've seen Green call audibles in Chiefs games past.

I know that's what I heard. I would believe him over Vermeil. Believing the QB when he tells a fact about the offense doesn't make a person devoid of "common sense".

ct
01-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Have not read thru all this thread. If this is legit, then this is 2nd best scenario, 1st obviously being Al returning.

Sorry to lose you Al, but now we're gonna kick your A$$!!

jspchief
01-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Someone needs to call 810 and confirm if this was actually reported as fact, or if it was Boal just stating opinion.

Phobia
01-17-2006, 12:52 PM
So Phil, from what you can tell, is there any truth to this or is it all just rumor?

I dunno. He interviewed there. He's a favorite. It could be true.

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Someone needs to call 810 and confirm if this was actually reported as fact, or if it was Boal just stating opinion.

Or if Boal even said it at all...

Phobia
01-17-2006, 12:54 PM

You should probably just source your threads.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 12:56 PM
I know that's what I heard. I would believe him over Vermeil. Believing the QB when he tells a fact about the offense doesn't make a person devoid of "common sense".

i heard an interview on 810 with al saunders were he talked for 10 minutes about how the audible system for the chiefs works and how many audibles that they have.

they have as many audibles, if not more, than most of the other offenses in the league.

Phobia
01-17-2006, 12:59 PM

They're going to address it on air shortly. I just got off the phone with their producer.

Eleazar
01-17-2006, 01:02 PM
i heard an interview on 810 with al saunders were he talked for 10 minutes about how the audible system for the chiefs works and how many audibles that they have.

they have as many audibles, if not more, than most of the other offenses in the league.

Hmm. I wonder what Trent was talking about then.

I'm going to listen to 810 now, if they say anything I'll post again.

Over-Head
01-17-2006, 01:03 PM
I don't know what to believe about the HC job being filled by Saunders.

Todays addition of SFGate had this to say
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/01/17/SPGC8GOFUC1.DTL

.."To date, the Raiders have interviewed Kansas City coordinator Al Saunders -- now the clear front-runner -- Chargers receivers coach James Lofton and Marinelli, who might be in line for Oakland's defensive-coordinator job should Rob Ryan not return.
Whether Saunders, 57, waits out the Raiders' traditional drawn-out interview process is a big question. After earning $1.1 million as the Chiefs' coordinator in 2005, he is said to be entertaining offers for NFL offensive coordinator positions that might pay as much as $2 million a year.
"Every NFL opening should be filled by Friday, except for the Raiders','' a league source said.""

The Ra!ders home page I would think would be updating this kind of information as soon as it happened.

NFL.com under HC movement still shows Norv out with new vacancy TBA.

Me thinks there's tom foolery about! :hmmm:

dj56dt58
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Probably Solari :banghead:

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
NFL.com under HC movement still shows Norv out with new vacancy TBA.

Me thinks there's tom foolery about! :hmmm:

Yup. They should just go ahead and make Jimmy Raye HC and be done with it.

bkkcoh
01-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Yup. They should just go ahead and make Jimmy Raye HC and be done with it.

Yeah, that would make 2 victories a year for the Chiefs.....

royr17
01-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Anybody got a link to 810 ???

chief4life
01-17-2006, 01:08 PM
got this from WPI Phobia posted it over there

Re: Saunders to accept Raiders job So, what's the deal footballdiehard? 810 denies this report.

Are you making shitt up?

If 810 dennies saying this then its not true just another bogus rumor

bkkcoh
Anybody got a link to 810 ???
link (http://www.810whb.com/)

jspchief
I guess I'm wrong for trusting anyone on WPI that says they heard something on the radio. :shrug:Yes. You are. Posting breaking news from a website that makes a living off of spreading crap cleverly disguised as "scoops" is stupid. Even more stupid is not sourcing it so it looks like you scooped it yourself.

Someone should ban your ass until all the coaches have been hired.

Nick Athan
It has been confirmed that possibly Al Suanders may be going to except the Raiders HC position. We our mentioning it in are next issue of are magizane, Warfield Illustrated. Check for it at You're newstand!

Nick Athan
-Publisher

Seek
01-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Hmm. I wonder what Trent was talking about then.

I'm going to listen to 810 now, if they say anything I'll post again.

Maybe Trent was upset that he didn't get to call an audible that was not scripted. Knowing it would be open based on previous plays.

Frankie
01-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Who cares?:p

I'm fine with Solari as OC. He's put together one of the best lines in the NFL.

Al to the Raiders, he must REALLY be desparate to be a HC again. Wonder where he'll be in 2008?
Back with us, I hope. :thumb:

Frosty
01-17-2006, 01:11 PM
I for one would like to see Solari mix up the offense a little -- run things differently. Call games differently. Freshen up the playbook.

Yeah, like remember you have an all-world TE before the second half of the season. :banghead:

Phobia
01-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Yes. You are. Posting breaking news from a website that makes a living off of spreading crap cleverly disguised as "scoops" is stupid. Even more stupid is not sourcing it so it looks like you scooped it yourself.

It was some random user who posted that thread. We screw up enough shit without also catching the blame for a random user's post as well.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey Mods, might want to change the title to indicate this is a rumor, so people don't have to read through eight pages to discover this is bullshit.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2006, 01:14 PM
This sucks...Al Suanders to the Raiders...great.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 01:14 PM
It was some random user who posted that thread.I don't give a shit. It's stupid for gochiefs to be posting that shit based off of hearsay. And it's even more stupid when that hearsay came from a site that's as credible as PFT.

The fact that all your members eagerly await the next bullshit scoop from Athan just validates that it's a stupid source.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't give a shit. It's stupid for gochiefs to be posting that shit based off of hearsay. And it's even more stupid when that hearsay came from a site that's as credible as PFT.

Sorry, I usually regard stuff reported on the radio as credible.

If the poster made it up then he's a tard. I didn't see it as hearsay.

Chiefnj
01-17-2006, 01:16 PM
It was some random user who posted that thread. We screw up enough shit without also catching the blame for a random user's post as well.

Random user created it, but then the grand poobah says:

"Mike Solari and Terry Shea from what we're hearing will both remain with the Chiefs. Mike Solari will likely be announced as the teams new OC from what we're hearing.. "

Which reads like a confirmation.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 01:17 PM

I think that's a little harsh.

I took the thread just as if someone over here had posted it.

The users over there generally don't report "rumors."

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 01:21 PM
It has been confirmed that possibly Al Suanders may be going to except the Raiders HC position. We our mentioning it in are next issue of are magizane, Warfield Illustrated. Check for it at You're newstand!

Nick Athan
-Publisher

No offense, but we already knew it was a confirmable possibility. It's not a confirmable fact and until is is, it should be clearly labeled as speculation and rumor, which it was not on either site.

tomahawk kid
01-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I thought gochiefs was banned.

This was a much better place without all the "Germ Warfare" BS.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I think that's a little harsh.

I took the thread just as if someone over here had posted it.

The users over there generally don't report "rumors."The posters over there are idiots.

And you didn't even source it. You made it out like it was something you had heard. At least linking the thread would've allowed us to apply the proper amount of skepticism.

Keep that shit over on profootballpainttalkillustrated. we don't need "scoops" from that pack of morons and the conmen they look up to.

The Bad Guy
01-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Random user created it, but then the grand poobah says:

"Mike Solari and Terry Shea from what we're hearing will both remain with the Chiefs. Mike Solari will likely be announced as the teams new OC from what we're hearing.. "

Which reads like a confirmation.

Hey Nick, when is Al going to be named as the Detroit HC? What a joke.

Whatever that guy is hearing, the automatic opposite happens. The fact that he gains press access is a joke in itself. It's like the National Inquirer gaining media access to UN Meetings.

FringeNC
No offense, but we already knew it was a confirmable possibility. It's not a confirmable fact and until is is, it should be clearly labeled as speculation and rumor, which it was not on either site.

Let me get this straight....you assumed the Nick Athan post was legit?

The Bad Guy
The posters over there are idiots.

And you didn't even source it. You made it out like it was something you had heard. At least linking the thread would've allowed us to apply the proper amount of skepticism.

Keep that shit over on profootballpainttalkillustrated. we don't need "scoops" from that pack of morons and the conmen they look up to.

Preach it brother, preach it.

The posters on that board have learned from the master of bullshit.

Simplex3
01-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Plays nothing. According to post-game interviews with Lynch and other Bucs defenders the Raiders didn't even change the audibles. Basically, the Raiders would line up and the Bucs had a really good idea of what was coming. Then the Raiders would audible and the Bucs would know exactly what was coming.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Let me get this straight....you assumed the Nick Athan post was legit?

No, I've learned that lesson. I assumed that what I read here on the Planet was legit. I guess from now on I should disregard anything gochiefs says as legit regardless of how many other posters believe it.

kregger
01-17-2006, 01:31 PM
This thread is like watching a cat fight. ROWR!

cdcox
01-17-2006, 01:33 PM

Pass Happy Saunders + Pass Happy Greasy Al Davis + Odd Todd + no premier RB = me not very worried about Oakland's new offense

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Pass Happy Saunders + Pass Happy Greasy Al Davis + Odd Todd + no premier RB = me not very worried about Oakland's new offense

I'd be more worried about the Raiders' O-line. I don't know how good they are. If they are decent, I think Lamont Jordan would do fine in this system. Although Norv ran the same system, I think he had lost the team, and Jimmy Raye was the OC.

RedThat
01-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I've checked just about everywhere to verify if the rumour of Al Saunders accepting the head coaching job in Oakland is true.

I've checked Kffl.com, nfl.com, espn.com, msnfoxsports.com, rotoworld.com, Nflsiriusradio, 810whb.com, etc. Heck, I even went on kcchiefs.com, raiders.com.

And nothing...absolutely nothing. Nothing appears to be written specifically saying that Al Saunders accepted a head coaching job in Oakland or he agreed to a multi-year deal.

Where did this information generate from again? Right, some fan poster on WPI who said he heard it on 810 from Frank Boal. :rolleyes:

*Nothing but speculation at this point.

Archie Bunker
01-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I'd be more worried about the Raiders' O-line. I don't know how good they are. If they are decent, I think Lamont Jordan would do fine in this system. Although Norv ran the same system, I think he had lost the team, and Jimmy Raye was the OC.

From watching the Raiders last year they have one of the worst olines in football. Gallery is the only one that is decent and maybe Grove. They have a lot of work to do before they can even have an average oline.

cdcox
I've checked just about everywhere to verify if the rumour of Al Saunders accepting the head coaching job in Oakland is true.

I've checked Kffl.com, nfl.com, espn.com, msnfoxsports.com, rotoworld.com, Nflsiriusradio, 810whb.com, etc. Heck, I even went on kcchiefs.com, raiders.com.

And nothing...absolutely nothing. Nothing appears to be written specifically saying that Al Saunders accepted a head coaching job in Oakland or he agreed to a multi-year deal.

Where did this information generate from again? Right, some fan poster on WPI who said he heard it on 810 from Frank Boal. :rolleyes:

So you're saying its a done deal?

PastorMikH
Thank You to whichever Mod it was that changed the thread title.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Thank You to whichever Mod it was that changed the thread title.Yep. Now just ban GoAthan until all the coaches have been hired.

the Talking Can
01-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Yep. Now just ban GoAthan until all the coaches have been hired.

ROFL

rep....

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 01:49 PM

Yes, there should be some form of punishment for spreading potentialy false rumors and for plagerism.

Seek
01-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I don't know this makes me wonder.

The KC Stat board does not even have one post about this on it, and they are rumor central.

Either there is such a lack of information to give any credibility to this rumor that the idiots on the star board have not started spreading the Al Saunders signed with oakland and is taking Priest Holmes with him Via trade.

Or maybe it is true, since the rumor spreaders didn't find it in their sources.

Cormac
01-17-2006, 01:56 PM

ROFL

Seek
01-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't know this makes me wonder.

The KC Stat board does not even have one post about this on it, and they are rumor central.

Either there is such a lack of information to give any credibility to this rumor that the idiots on the star board have not started spreading the Al Saunders signed with oakland and is taking Priest Holmes with him Via trade.

Or maybe it is true, since the rumor spreaders didn't find it in their sources.

They have already started a rumor that Sam Madison is looking to leave Miami and rejoin Surtain in KC.

RedThat
01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
So you're saying its a done deal?

No Im not saying it's a done deal.

I never said that at all.

Im trying to express a point here. The point is, I've checked from the most creditable sources, and they haven't mentioned anything about Al Saunders accepting a head coaching job in Oakland.

Whoever the fan was that posted that sh*t on WPI boards, it doesnt comply with any of the creditable sources out there. Most of those sources I mentioned are usually accurate. Im not gonna believe some fans bullsh*t rumour, especially if he is a member of WPI. Whatever that fan said, I try to see if anything is matched, or complies with any of the creditable sources out there. And it didn't. Nothing was said from those sources, so I take it that rumour, information is not accurate. It's either false, or speculation at this point in time.

Frankie
01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
That was my ONLY complaint with Al.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 01:59 PM
The KC Stat board does not even have one post about this on it, and they are rumor central. .

QUICK! Some that is registered over there should head over and put up a thread about it. (Just make sure you let the trail go to WPI instead of here;)) They'd have a ball with this "(ahem)Fact(ahem)" over there.

:)

Seek
01-17-2006, 01:59 PM
No Im not saying it's a done deal.

I never said that at all.

Im trying to express a point here. The point is, I've checked from the most creditable sources, and they haven't mentioned anything about Al Saunders accepting a head coaching job in Oakland.

Whoever the fan was that posted that sh*t on WPI boards, it doesnt comply with any of the creditable sources out there. Most of those sources I mentioned are usually accurate. Im not gonna believe some fans bullsh*t rumour, especially if he is a member of WPI. Whatever that fan said, I try to see if anything is matched, or complies with any of the creditable sources out there. And it didn't. Nothing was said from those sources, so I take it that rumour, information is not accurate. It's either false, or speculation at this point in time.

I sensed about 100% sarcasm in their post to you.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 02:01 PM
That was my ONLY complaint with Al.

I wasn't much on some of his playcalling. 15 reverses a game just is a bit too tricky for me. Running the ball on 3rd and 99 yards doesn't do much for me either.

Seek
01-17-2006, 02:02 PM
QUICK! Some that is registered over there should head over and put up a thread about it. (Just make sure you let the trail go to WPI instead of here;)) They'd have a ball with this "(ahem)Fact(ahem)" over there.

:)

I would but I would but I don't want to promote WPI.

The Bad Guy
01-17-2006, 02:03 PM

I think Lamont Jordan is a fine RB.

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Not only is it an unfounded rumor, legitimate news sources are reporting that Oakland isn't done interviewing candidates.

Still believed to be in line for an interview is Pat Hill, coach at Fresno State. ESPN reported Monday night that Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino was also being considered as a candidate.

Source (http://insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_3409956)

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Not only is it an unfounded rumor, legitimate news sources are reporting that Oakland isn't done interviewing candidates.

Source (http://insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_3409956)

Marinelli To Interview With Raiders
By ROY CUMMINGS rcummings@tampatrib.com

Published: Jan 14, 2006

TAMPA - In building their new hierarchy, the Bucs have taken liberally from the Oakland Raiders organization. Now the Raiders want someone back in return.

Rod Marinelli, the Bucs' defensive line coach, will travel to Oakland on Monday to interview for the Raiders head coach's position, an NFL source said Saturday.

The Raiders are at least the second team to consider Marinelli for their vacant head coach's position. Marinelli could not be reached for comment.

The Detroit Lions interviewed Marinelli last week. The St. Louis Rams have also expressed interest in Marinelli as a possible head coach candidate.

Marinelli's name has also surfaced as a potential replacement for several defensive coordinators, including Ron Rivera of the Chicago Bears.

Marinelli is at least the fourth coach considered by the Raiders for the vacancy that opened when Norv Turner was fired shortly after the season ended. Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Al Saunders and San Diego Chargers wide receivers coach James Lofton have already been interviewed by the Raiders.

The team is also considering bringing Fresno State coach Pat Hill in for an interview, but Hill last week gave NFL teams a 10-day deadline to decide whether to hire him.

The Raiders' interest in Marinelli comes at a time when the Bucs are believed to be trying to re-sign him to a new deal.

Marinelli has spent the last 10 years with the Bucs and is considered by many to be the league's best defensive line coach.

bkkcoh
01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I think Lamont Jordan is a fine RB.

He has shown, atleast in the KC games, that he can't catch the ball out of the backfield... that would be bad in that type of offense.....

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Marinelli To Interview With Raiders
By ROY CUMMINGS rcummings@tampatrib.com

Published: Jan 14, 2006

Bob Dole is confused. Why are you replying to a link to a story posted earlier today with the quote of an article posted last Saturday?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I think "Horseshit Rumor" sounds so much better than "Unfounded Rumor." But that's just me...

Ultra Peanut
01-17-2006, 02:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/WooWoo/waltwhitman.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 02:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/WooWoo/waltwhitman.jpg

Freakin' genius. ROFL

Phobia
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
The stupid idiot who started this rumor has been banned. Warpaint under my watch will NOT be known as PFT. Whatever you heard in the past and whatever you think about Warpaint you can now forget. I'm in charge there and we don't report shit with no basis.

Ultra Peanut
01-17-2006, 02:44 PM
The stupid idiot who started this rumor has been banned. Warpaint under my watch will NOT be known as PFT. Whatever you heard in the past and whatever you think about Warpaint you can now forget. I'm in charge there and we don't report shit with no basis.Thanks a lot, Walt Whitman.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-17-2006, 02:45 PM

Nick Athan
-Publisher

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT POSSIBLY YOU ARE A DUMBASS!

The Bad Guy
01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
The stupid idiot who started this rumor has been banned. Warpaint under my watch will NOT be known as PFT. Whatever you heard in the past and whatever you think about Warpaint you can now forget. I'm in charge there and we don't report shit with no basis.

If that's your goal, I think you arrived about 8 months too late over there.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Phobia
01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
The Nick Athan account on this board is a spoof. It's a joke. It's not actually Nick.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-17-2006, 02:48 PM
They're going to address it on air shortly. I just got off the phone with their producer.

Surely you didn't forget to ask them to address the situation about whether or not Trent calls audibles did you ?

The Bad Guy
01-17-2006, 02:49 PM

If this is the case, what about the report that Saunders was going to be named as the Lions HC the day after the season?

You can't get a leopard to change his spots.

siberian khatru
01-17-2006, 02:50 PM
The Nick Athan account on this board is a spoof. It's a joke. It's not actually Nick.

How could you tell the difference?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM

I Didn't know, But if it was Nick at least he would know he's a dumbass.

Fish
01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I feel like hurting someone............

jspchief
01-17-2006, 02:54 PM
If this is the case, what about the report that Saunders was going to be named as the Lions HC the day after the season?

You can't get a leopard to change his spots.No. Nick chose his words carefully for that headline. He made it sound like a done deal, with only the date in question, but he left himself a nice little backdoor to slither out of.

A good snake oil salesman always knows his exits.

Phobia

You can't get a leopard to change his spots.

That's the information that was given so that's what Nick reported. I won't defend it beyond that. I don't yet know all Nick's sources so I can't tell you exactly what happened.

I know Nick has a credibility problem. It's the first thing I told him when I met him. Watch closely. I have a plan and it will address the credibility issue that has plagued Nick.

Hammock Parties
Sorry guys. I guess I've learned my lesson.

Phobia
01-17-2006, 02:55 PM
How could you tell the difference?

Nick knows the actual URL to Warpaint.

tk13
01-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry guys. I guess I've learned my lesson.
Good job, gobanned.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
That's the information that was given so that's what Nick reported. I won't defend it beyond that. I don't yet know all Nick's sources so I can't tell you exactly what happened.

I know Nick has a credibility problem. It's the first thing I told him when I met him. Watch closely. I have a plan and it will address the credibility issue that has plagued Nick.

You must be gonna Ban Him from writing anything unless he hears it on CP first!

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Bob Dole is confused. Why are you replying to a link to a story posted earlier today with the quote of an article posted last Saturday?
i was merely provide another source for the faiders still being active in the interview process.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2006, 03:10 PM
I feel like hurting someone............

heh ..... crossover

Seek
01-17-2006, 03:27 PM

When Nick first started Warpaint, his promotion to it was that they post facts only, no rumors.

So while Nick's intentions were the same as yours he couldn't even keep to his words. The person writing it. So why do you think you can change it.

Phobia
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Why do I think I can change it? Lots of reasons. None of which I can share at this time.

Seek
01-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Why do I think I can change it? Lots of reasons. None of which I can share at this time.

Good lucking in taking over WPI and firing Nick Athan. That is about the only way you can save the credibility of Nick.

Pitt Gorilla
01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Why do I think I can change it? Lots of reasons. None of which I can share at this time.He's already tainted. Why not cut bait and start with a legitimate reporter?

tk13
01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
This isn't gonna end up a story on the "crazy ex's" thread, is it?

jspchief
01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Why do I think I can change it? Lots of reasons. None of which I can share at this time.Go ahead and tell us what will happen. It's not like we'll hold you to it if you're wrong. ;)

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 03:53 PM
So this has turned into renewed codemnation of an entire website because some dipshit user posted a rumor and one of our dipshit users repeated (uncredited) it here?

Bob Dole isn't defending WPI or Athan because they've earned a rep, but it's really a little overboard in this instance.

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 03:55 PM
So did the poster over there misunderstand something he heard, or did he completely fabricate his post?

Matt Helm
01-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Planning on removing Nick from the fray?

savedin79
01-17-2006, 04:17 PM
So whats the truth?

FAX
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
So this has turned into renewed codemnation of an entire website because some dipshit user posted a rumor and one of our dipshit users repeated (uncredited) it here?

Bob Dole isn't defending WPI or Athan because they've earned a rep, but it's really a little overboard in this instance.

Bob Dole is the voice of reason.

Denver girls think deer season is a national holiday.

FAX

royr17
01-17-2006, 04:27 PM
This comes from Warpaint Bulletin Board

http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=8334.topic

610 sports Rhonda moss confirms solari as the next o/c should al saunders not come back...... he has never been an o/c at the pro level but has at the college level with pitt

Mecca
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh no a Moss confirmation.........

The Bad Guy
01-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Here's a nice nugget from Warpaint.

Apparently, Nick broke this story too.

ChiefsInsider (http://mb27.scout.com/bchiefsinsider.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiefsinsider)
Warpaint Chief of Staff
(1/17/06 4:03:03 pm)
Reply with Quote (http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showAddReplyScreenFromWeb?topicID=8327.topic&index=3&body=quote)
Reply (http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showAddReplyScreenFromWeb?topicID=8327.topic&index=3) Re: Adam ShefterNFL network written update <HR SIZE=1>He did NOT break all the Herm stuff.... We had well before he did every detail over the last several months...

You're right Nick. The National Media broke it.

I'm really curious to know if Nick broke the news about Brad Pitt and Angelina too. Afterall, he must break everything that the National media does.

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Nick Athan can't quit with the rumors over there. The board sucks, and the posters are homers. As much as we ridicule Athan, without his rumors, that other board would never be mentioned.

I think everyone is a little too hard on him. I don't have a problem with what he does. He is just clueless on how to phrase things. If he had just said...."Rumors are that all Saunders may be going to Detroit"

Also, he reads rumors from other sites and reports them as his own. He'd have a lot more credibility if he sourced his second-hand rumors.

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Bob Dole is the voice of reason.

Which is a sad, sad commentary on things in general.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 04:54 PM

Bob Dole isn't defending WPI or Athan because they've earned a rep, but it's really a little overboard in this instance.This isn't a "renewed" condemnation of WPI. It's a reminder to morons like gochiefs that that site is a joke. The fact that someone like gochiefs that has been around here as long as he has was stupid enough to take some hearsay scoop from over there and post it as his own scoop over here is beyond stupid.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
The fact that someone like gochiefs that has been around here as long as he has was stupid enough to take some hearsay scoop from over there and post it as his own scoop over here is beyond stupid.

Well...if you want to call me stupid, that's fine.

I didn't see this as a "hearsay scoop" though. I thought it was actually reported on the radio.

The fact that someone was enough of a jackass to LIE about it is stupid.

Has this ever happened before?

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 04:57 PM
This isn't a "renewed" condemnation of WPI. It's a reminder to morons like gochiefs that that site is a joke. The fact that someone like gochiefs that has been around here as long as he has was stupid enough to take some hearsay scoop from over there and post it as his own scoop over here is beyond stupid.

As long as we're condemning the proper target in this instance...

FringeNC
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Well...if you want to call me stupid, that's fine.

I didn't see this as a "hearsay scoop" though. I thought it was actually reported on the radio.

The fact that someone was enough of a jackass to LIE about it is stupid.

Has this ever happened before?

Your problem is the same problem Athan has. Had you mentioned that it came from a poster at the other board, no one would be giving you a hard time.

htismaqe
01-17-2006, 04:59 PM

You didn't check Ben Maller. You're under-informed.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Your problem is the same problem Athan has. Had you mentioned that it came from a poster at the other board, no one would be giving you a hard time.

I guess my problem is I'm too trusting. Most of the time, when someone says they hear something on the radio, they're NOT LYING. :rolleyes: