PDA

View Full Version : Denver voted least likeable team left in Playoffs

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Picture to follow.

Link to ESPN, vote for your favorite (Denver should not be considered!!) (http://sports-att.espn.go.com/nfl/index)

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Poor donkos

StcChief
01-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Good, not likely to miss Jake the Fake.
Time for him to show his true colors.

joesomebody
01-18-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm surprised about that. Denver has a pretty big following. Especially out here in the football doldrums... its all Raiders and Denver fans because there isn't a team anywhere close to us.

Lurch
01-18-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm surprised about that. Denver has a pretty big following. Especially out here in the football doldrums... its all Raiders and Denver fans because there isn't a team anywhere close to us.

In Utah? Isn't Arizona next door? What about the Card....er, nevermind.

joesomebody
01-18-2006, 09:03 AM
In Utah? Isn't Arizona next door? What about the Card....er, nevermind.Exactly... no one likes the Cardinals... not even their players.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Maybe, just maybe (I'm strectching here) it is because they suck.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Maybe, just maybe (I'm strectching here) it is because they suck.

I can agree with that - - - whole heartedly!

01-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Damn poll won't pull up for me to vote in it. Keeps blinking "Loading Poll Data"

chiefsfan1963
01-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Denver is a very good team, a team we beat during the regular season, and probably the best team left in the playoffs. Chief's could of been that number 6 seed team and would have beaten Cincy and Indy and gotten the chance to play next week against Denver. Close but no cigar!

It looks like an end of an era for the Chiefs. HErm now the HC and AS leaving means a new chapter for Chiefs fans! I'm going to miss the excitement of our O, but not the weakness of our D.

I have no idea what next season will bring, but I have to say that I'm a little anxious that we're not going to improve on O, and our D will probably get better but not dramtically so to make up for the decline of our O.

If we can somehow bring in a true #1 WR, maintain our Oline then maybe we can improve. Hopefully we can bring in more talent on D as well.

We shall see.

KCFalcon59
01-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Damn poll won't pull up for me to vote in it. Keeps blinking "Loading Poll Data"

Are you using IE? Try firefox or Opera on that machine. IE has been hosed on that machine for ages.

COchief
01-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Come on people vote Seahawks (16%) the Donks are at (15%).

They need to know everyone is rooting against them.

MahiMike
01-18-2006, 09:59 AM
"Denver is a very good team, a team we beat during the regular season, and probably the best team left in the playoffs. Chief's could of been that number 6 seed team and would have beaten Cincy and Indy and gotten the chance to play next week against Denver. Close but no cigar!

It looks like an end of an era for the Chiefs. HErm now the HC and AS leaving means a new chapter for Chiefs fans! I'm going to miss the excitement of our O, but not the weakness of our D.

I have no idea what next season will bring, but I have to say that I'm a little anxious that we're not going to improve on O, and our D will probably get better but not dramtically so to make up for the decline of our O.

If we can somehow bring in a true #1 WR, maintain our Oline then maybe we can improve. Hopefully we can bring in more talent on D as well.

We shall see.
"

I'm down with what he said :clap:

CoMoChief
01-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Seattle plays in a division full of NFL Europe teams, and Denver cheats. Its really that simple.

Kerberos
01-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Are you using IE? Try firefox or Opera on that machine. IE has been hosed on that machine for ages.

Hey you bastards .. get back to work. No wonder my juice is costing so much cause they are paying you two teh fill out polls online.

Dammit :cuss: :cuss:

:D

bkkcoh
01-18-2006, 10:34 AM
i did my job...

Mile High Mania
01-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Sweet! Hopefully that means not as many bandwagon folks...

This is a season that is turning into a "Win one for Jerome" type of deal.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Sweet! Hopefully that means not as many bandwagon folks...

This is a season that is turning into a "Win one for Jerome" type of deal.

What kind of moron would climb aboard the donkos bandwaggon? I know, one that lives in Denver and has an IQ of 7.

Lurch
01-18-2006, 10:48 AM
What kind of moron would climb aboard the donkos bandwaggon? I know, one that lives in Denver and has an IQ of 7.

Heck, move to Denver and you'd seem to qualify.

savedin79
01-18-2006, 10:50 AM
I'll agree with that vote!

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Heck, move to Denver and you'd seem to qualify.

I would guess that you don't have a clue....you move to denver. There's not enough money in the world to get me to move to shit city.

CosmicPal
01-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I would guess that you don't have a clue....you move to denver. There's not enough money in the world to get me to move to shit city.

Just curious, what makes Denver such a "shit" city to you? Is it because they are home to the donkeys, therefore they are the shit? Or do you have a legitimate reason to think Denver is such a shit town, 'cause I sure would like to hear it.

Mile High Mania
01-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Take pro sports out of the equation ... and I don't know how anyone wouldn't love living in Denver, or the Colorado area in general.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Just curious, what makes Denver such a "shit" city to you? Is it because they are home to the donkeys, therefore they are the shit? Or do you have a legitimate reason to think Denver is such a shit town, 'cause I sure would like to hear it.

This is a football board, Denver is a rival football city. You figure it out.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Take pro sports out of the equation ... and I don't know how anyone wouldn't love living in Denver, or the Colorado area in general.

Now you do. I would not move to Denver. I would also not move to the Oakland area (I have inlaws there, I visit quite often, but would not live there).

I've visited Denver on numerous occasions, there is nothing there that lights my lamp.

CosmicPal
01-18-2006, 11:22 AM

Precisely! I hate the team, but I love the state of Colorado and the city of Denver.

KCFalcon59
01-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey you bastards .. get back to work. No wonder my juice is costing so much cause they are paying you two teh fill out polls online.

I'm off today, Bitch :pROFL

CosmicPal
01-18-2006, 11:25 AM
This is a football board, Denver is a rival football city. You figure it out.

Ya OK, Rookie. Thanks for pointing out the *****ing obvious. Just wanted to know what your idea of a "shit city" was to you. Obviously you're more interested in discussing something you know very little of: football.

Nzoner
01-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Precisely! I hate the team, but I love the state of Colorado and the city of Denver.

I have a good friend that's moving there this week.His job relocated him and he'll be by himself.We were actually talking about planet members who live there this last Sunday as he'll be looking for somewhere to cheer the Chiefs on next season.

I'm sure he'll fit right in as he asked me for one of my shirts with the little KC boy pissing on the bronco head,of course I was more than happy to give him the shirt as a going away gift.

KCFalcon59
01-18-2006, 11:31 AM

Hey, I be in town this weekend. Can I come watch the game?

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Ya OK, Rookie. Thanks for pointing out the *****ing obvious. Just wanted to know what your idea of a "shit city" was to you. Obviously you're more interested in discussing something you know very little of: football.

Your credibility rating just took a hit.

I suppose that you would cherish moving to KC?

Be objective and tell me why you wouldn't.

As for Colorado, I'm not a snow person. Skiing is not something that I would travel across the street to do. I abhor cold weather, Denver seems to have some of that due to location and altitude.

I'd rather live in San Diego, Miami, Honolulu, Orlando, Jax, Pensacola, or anywhere else where the weather is considered moderate.

Just to describe a "shit city" for you: Snow = shit.

01-18-2006, 12:06 PM

As for Colorado, I'm not a snow person. Skiing is not something that I would travel across the street to do. I abhor cold weather, Denver seems to have some of that due to location and altitude.

I'd rather live in San Diego, Miami, Honolulu, Orlando, Jax, Pensacola, or anywhere else where the weather is considered moderate.

Abhor

Now there is a word you never expected to see on these boards. ROFL

Rausch
01-18-2006, 12:06 PM

Absolutely ****ing hated the place...

CoMoChief
01-18-2006, 12:10 PM

FYI - You might want to look out for the guys who think they know anything about everything simply because they have spent almost their entire lives on this website for the last 5 or 6 years. They might slap you with some very scary negative rep that would with out a shadow of a doubt ruin anyone's day.

foxman
01-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Been to Colorado one time..in July. Snow still on the Mountain tops...no thanks.

CoMoChief
01-18-2006, 12:18 PM
FWIW, Colorado is a beautiful place. Would I want to live there? No, I would much rather live somwhere warmer like in California or Florida just because I am a warm weather person. I can say the same about Missouri's weather. We have a bit of everything. The hotter summers and some of the colder winters. Id rather be in one place where the weather is more constant at a warmer level. Snowboarding/skiing is very fun to do in Colorado. Great for vacations, but I wouldnt want to live there. Having said I hate the cold, I love being at Chiefs games in the mid-late Decemeber games. I would say January but we never ****ing make the playoffs anymore.

milehighfan
01-18-2006, 12:29 PM
I just conducted another poll. The chiefs have been voted the most likely to never reach another Superbowl, Ever.

BIG_DADDY
01-18-2006, 12:42 PM
That's because it's the home of the original dog killers.

chiefs4me
01-18-2006, 12:50 PM

Two reasons I hate Col...the donks and avs......:banghead:

chiefs4me
01-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I just conducted another poll. The chiefs have been voted the most likely to never reach another Superbowl, Ever.

:rolleyes:

chiefs4me
01-18-2006, 12:53 PM
FYI - You might want to look out for the guys who think they know anything about everything simply because they have spent almost their entire lives on this website for the last 5 or 6 years. They might slap you with some very scary negative rep that would with out a shadow of a doubt ruin anyone's day.

Are you asking for some??????

Taco John
01-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Obviously you're more interested in discussing something you know very little of: football.

That list could be greatly expanded.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 01:03 PM

I would guess that something like that would bother you. Like they say...shit happens.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 01:05 PM
That list could be greatly expanded.

Do not feed the TACO TROLL!!!

Rausch
01-18-2006, 01:10 PM

Anything Taco has done on this BB I have as well.

Don't hate just because he's got reason to gloat, because if the roles were reversed we'd be doing the same thing...

htismaqe
01-18-2006, 01:13 PM

Don't hate just because he's got reason go gloat, because if the roles were reversed we'd be doing the same thing...

The great majority of us WOULD gloat.

By the same token, the great majority of us would NOT gloat on HIS website.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 01:18 PM

Don't hate just because he's got reason go gloat, because if the roles were reversed we'd be doing the same thing...

The donkos success has zero to do with my disdain for Taco.

FTR I do not like the donkos either.

Rausch
01-18-2006, 01:20 PM

I do, and would... :)

vailpass
01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Now you do. I would not move to Denver. I would also not move to the Oakland area (I have inlaws there, I visit quite often, but would not live there).

I've visited Denver on numerous occasions, there is nothing there that lights my lamp.

YOu wouldn't move to Denver? Yet another point proving the Mile High City is indeed a desirable destination.

As to Denver not lighting your lamp: that can be attributed to the lack of oil in the pan and the limpness of your wick.

The poor Chiefs fans on this board flinch everytime you post. Every team has their abortions that would have been better left on the floor to dry out and turn to mouse food. You fill that role nicely for KC.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 01:23 PM

It seems as if some have gloated on his board and got banned after two posts. I'd say that Taco can dish it out but can't take it!

Always remember: He who angers you owns you - - Taco is owned!

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 01:25 PM
YOu wouldn't move to Denver? Yet another point proving the Mile High City is indeed a desirable destination.

As to Denver not lighting your lamp: that can be attributed to the lack of oil in the pan and the limpness of your wick.

The poor Chiefs fans on this board flinch everytime you post. Every team has their abortions that would have been better left on the floor to dry out and turn to mouse food. You fill that role nicely for KC.

The amazing things I've seen from the donkos fans that post here is that hey cannot conduct an intelligent discussion and revert to juvenile attacks. Another denver troll!

Do not feed the TACO MINION TROLL!!!

joesomebody
01-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Man, leave these guys alone. Yeah they are rival fans, but they aren't trolls.

Beleive me, in their non football thread posts, I'll admit their shit is some of the funniest on the board. In football threads, its usually just a friendly rivalry...

Get over it.

Rausch
01-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Always remember: He who angers you owns you - - Taco is owned!

He who angers me makes my $3itlist.

Pissing off the wrong people on here is a good way to get 0wn3d quick...

CoMoChief
01-18-2006, 08:53 PM
He who angers me makes my $3itlist.

Pissing off the wrong people on here is a good way to get 0wn3d quick...

Yeah you REALLY dont wanna piss people off on here. Thats how you get dominated through the internet. They might send some scary neg rep your way and thats scary enough to prevent someone from posting a meassage on the boards around here.

CosmicPal
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM

My credibility rating takes a hit with just about everything I post as well as any response I make. Do I care? Not necessarily.

Actually I wouldn't "cherish" per se, but I wouldn't mind living there. Has nothing to do with the weather or the terrain, but everything to do with family and friends and the fact that I honestly believe KC is one of the most charming cities in North America. It's truly a shame most people can't see how charming and beautiful KC really is with all the boulevards, trees, and architecture. I've brought a few peeps with me on vacations to KC from the Denver area, and every one of them is overwhelmingly surprised by its beauty.

Why wouldn't I move back to KC? Probably 'cause I'm settled in Denver. I love Colorado. I love the snow. I love the fact that I can play golf in January. Yep. I could've played hookey from the office today and played golf. Colorado has more sunshine than just about any other state. The snow may be brutal at times, but the nature of it all more than makes up for it. Plus, there is a ton of things to do here other than skiing/snowboarding. It would take me another post to list all the outdoor activities one can take part in around here.

Denver is actually warmer and sunnier than KC during the winter. I've always loved the "I hate cold weather" comment from people- the fact is 3/4 of the United States has winter months.

So would a lot of peeps, which is why they are heavily populated. However, I wouldn't want to live in Orlando or Miami or even Jax. I'm not a Florida fan, I've been there a lot and really don't care for the state politics, the hurricane seasons, and the fact that there are so many old peeps and loaded with every kind of ethnic group you can imagine. Honolulu would be fun to visit of course, but do you have any idea what the cost of living expense is in Honolulu? It's pretty high. So, I wouldn't want to live there, plus all that traveling expenses just to come back to the states for Chiefs games and holidays- not worth it to me.

I don't care for snow either, but I've learned to appreciate it. I'd rather have the mountains than the beach.

DonJaun
01-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Denver area is very nice. Been here now about 15 yrs and i think its great. For me KC gets to humid for me. Only thing about Colorado is how they are trying to make this place like California with all the stupid laws they are passing. Other than that the weather is awsome. and nowhere near as cold as KC can get. When the Donks beat us here im still there at every Game makeing as much noise as i can for My Chiefs. When we win in KC after a 8 hr drive back to Denver i get to pick on Donk fans for at least a week. Lots of Chiefs fans here and they show most of the Chiefs games here on local TV. For the other games not shown i have Sunday ticket. But as far as the Donkeys i hope Pittsburg kicks the crap out of them. Not because my Chiefs are not in the playoffs but because i always enjoy watching them lose.

Donger
01-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Anyone that would take a KC winter over a Denver winter is quite simply f*cking insane.

Matt Helm
01-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Man, leave these guys alone. Yeah they are rival fans, but they aren't trolls.

Beleive me, in their non football thread posts, I'll admit their shit is some of the funniest on the board. In football threads, its usually just a friendly rivalry...

Get over it.

You are missing out on the fun of tweeking their weak ego's. After this weekend they will more than like have gone into hibernation until next year anyway.

Have fun while the sun shines!!

DO NOT FEED THE TACO MINION TROLLS!!