PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: A freebie vacation.

Rain Man
01-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Imagine that your job is to post on Chiefsplanet, and you're very dedicated to it (though your boss doesn't know that you often sneak over and check out Warpaint Illustrated when he's not looking).

You are named Poster of the Year, and as a reward, your boss offers your choice of eight vacation spots. In each situation, you will stay at the nicest available lodging and all of your meals and transportation costs will be covered. Your vacation will last two weeks.

Which of these eight spots do you pick?

Donger
01-18-2006, 07:17 PM
None of those blow my skirt up. If I had my choice, it'd be Israel and Jordan.

Rain Man
01-18-2006, 07:18 PM
It's not my goal to blow your skirt up. Believe me. Really.

Bwana
01-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Yellowstone is in my back yard and I spend a lot of time "around the park." I can fly fish "around" Yellowstone so I went with that.

Skip Towne
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
All you'd see is dirty legs.

Cntrygal
01-18-2006, 07:31 PM
What about Alaska?

Bowser
01-18-2006, 07:36 PM
What about Alaska?

Because Korea wasn't cold enough?

Bwana
01-18-2006, 07:42 PM
What about Alaska?

:thumb:

bogie
01-18-2006, 07:47 PM
I chose Hawaii. Beautiful golf courses, perfect weather, great food, warm ocean for the kid. This thread is timely because lately my life has been lacking fun. I gotta get away.

Rain Man
01-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Your boss vehemently disapproved of Seward's Folly, and will revoke your award if you even so much as mention Alaska in his presence.

JBucc
01-18-2006, 07:48 PM
I'll go to River Falls, assuming I can mingle with the players and basically do whatever I want. Otherwise I'll go to the caribbean

Hammock Parties
01-18-2006, 07:49 PM
River Falls.

Cntrygal
01-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Because Korea wasn't cold enough?

You can't even compare the two.

Cntrygal
01-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Your boss vehemently disapproved of Seward's Folly, and will revoke your award if you even so much as mention Alaska in his presence.

I have an award? :hmmm:

Old Dog
01-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I chose Luxor (assuming that I could choose the one in Vegas)

Rain Man
01-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I have an award? :hmmm:

(Sigh) Why do I even try to come up with an interesting and realistic background story for my polls?

Bwana
01-18-2006, 07:53 PM

Kill the boss, cut his sorry ass up into chunks just big enough to put on the end of a hilibut hook and go to Alaska. Parting words before leaving to wife, "Bye hun, I'll see you in 10 days, the boss and I are going fishing." :hmmm:

bogie
01-18-2006, 07:53 PM
(Sigh) Why do I even try to come up with an interesting and realistic background story for my polls?

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
01-18-2006, 07:54 PM
You left off Denver...

Cntrygal
01-18-2006, 07:55 PM

:shrug:

bogie
01-18-2006, 07:58 PM
After Hawaii, I pick all of the above.

shakesthecat
01-18-2006, 08:03 PM
I chose Hawaii, but have agree with the Alaska crowd.

It's almost hard to believe they're part of the same country. Amazing places that everyone should try and see in their lifetime.

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
River Falls. That's the one place on the list that I'm interested in that I couldn't actually get the wife to go for unless it was free.

Donger
01-18-2006, 09:21 PM

Sorry. I meant my wife. My wife's skirt.

Reaper16
01-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Since all meals are paid for, I'm going to NY and eating multiple times a day at fabulous restaurants.

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 09:27 PM
This thread just triggered a thought. Anyone remember the thread posted last spring about the guy who's wife worked for the Dentist and he was taking his staff to New York instead of giving them a Christmas bonus - only that their spouses weren't allowed to go? I've tried searching and couldn't find the thread.

What ever happened there? Anyone know?

patteeu
01-18-2006, 10:44 PM
This thread just triggered a thought. Anyone remember the thread posted last spring about the guy who's wife worked for the Dentist and he was taking his staff to New York instead of giving them a Christmas bonus - only that their spouses weren't allowed to go? I've tried searching and couldn't find the thread.

I remember that, but I don't know what happened. It would be interesting to hear how it turned out.

NJ Chief Fan
01-18-2006, 10:46 PM
i went with manhattan, even though im from jersey youll never catch me on an air plane, except maybe just maybe to go to arrowhead

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 10:49 PM
I remember that, but I don't know what happened. It would be interesting to hear how it turned out.

I've tried several different searches but haven't been able to find the thread.

SLAG
01-18-2006, 10:51 PM
None of those blow my skirt up. If I had my choice, it'd be Israel and Jordan.

I been to Jordan And Syria

Rausch
01-18-2006, 10:53 PM
I'd take any of 'em above and sell the package for 1/2 price and go to Vegas...

trndobrd
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Hiking around in Yellowstone could be fun, meeting up with Endelt in Bangkok might be fun too.

stumppy
01-18-2006, 11:01 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120246&page=1&pp=15

I don't know if he ever posted what the outcome was.

cdcox
01-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Since all meals are paid for, I'm going to NY and eating multiple times a day at fabulous restaurants.

Yeah, I think I'd do the same. Great food city. Last time I went to NY, the $ kept me from really enjoying it. I'd like to try it again on someone elses dime.

Carribean cruise was a close runner up, but the Mrs. and I plan to do that anyway at some later date.

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 11:06 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120246&page=1&pp=15

I don't know if he ever posted what the outcome was.

Thanks Stump. I'd bump it but it looks like he only posts about once a week now. He'd probably miss it.

stumppy
Dont much care for the beach/ocean.
Been to NY.
Fug SD and every other part of Ca.
Been out of the country a couple of times. Fug that.
It would be a toss up between Rier Falls and Yellowstone.
I'd probably have to go with Yellowstone. And see if I could get Bwana to point me towards the best fishing holes.

Bugeater

Maybe you should just throw up a bunch of various answers without any background story. Or maybe the story should have some poop references in it. Everyone understands poop.

stumppy
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks Stump. I'd bump it but it looks like he only posts about once a week now. He'd probably miss it.

NP Pastor. I could be wrong but I think he posted a thread a couple weeks ago about his son needing to have an operation. Sounded pretty serious.
Hopefully everything turned out ok and he'll let us know.

chiefs4me
01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Rome

SLAG
01-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Rome

Rome was the best

i have to get back

CosmicPal
01-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Well considering it's an all-expenses paid trip including lodging and food; and I get two weeks of vacation- well, I'd do the following:

Friday AM- fly to Manhattan, NY. Spend Friday and Saturday eating the best foods and taking in David Letterman and SNL episodes.

Sunday AM - fly to Rome, Italy. I'd spend a few days in Rome taking in the historic sites and eating some authentic Italian foods.

Thursday AM - fly to Hawaii and spend the weekend in Hawaii soaking in the sun and dancing with girls in grass skirts.

Sunday AM - fly to San Diego. Been there a ton of times, but I'd spend the day checking out stuff from my past and grabbing dinner with some old friends.

Monday AM - rent a Hummer and drive to Yellowstone National Park. Spend the rest of the week in the natural wonders of Yellowstone.

Friday PM - drop Hummer off in Denver, fly to River Falls for the weekend and watch the Chiefs practice.

Hope you have enough money.

luv
01-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Since there was no option for a cabin in the mountains in someplace like Estes Park, CO, I chose Manhattan.

kregger
01-19-2006, 12:54 AM
HAwaii from your choices. Alaska is a must get to do place. Tibet for the real mtns and killer trekking.

SLAG
01-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Sunday AM - fly to Rome, Italy. I'd spend a few days in Rome taking in the historic sites and eating some authentic Italian foods.

I spent two weeks and it was not nearly enuff time

patteeu
01-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Since there was no option for a cabin in the mountains in someplace like Estes Park, CO, I chose Manhattan.

Isn't Yellowstone someplace like Estes Park?

Bugeater
01-19-2006, 01:20 AM

Do you mean something like this?

luv
01-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Do you mean something like this?
YES! I love the creak running through the yard. All the trees.

Up in the mountains on a clear night. Places I dream of.

Bugeater
01-19-2006, 01:25 AM
YES! I love the creak running through the yard. All the trees.

Up in the mountains on a clear night. Places I dream of.

That pic was taken at a place called The Inn on Fall River in Estes Park. We stayed there for two nights. Almost heaven.

luv
01-19-2006, 01:26 AM
That pic was taken at a place called The Inn on Fall River in Estes Park. We stayed there for two nights. Almost heaven.
Quit posting pictures! I'm jealous enough already. :)

Bugeater
01-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Estes Park is also the home of the Stanley Hotel, which was the inspiration for Stephen King's "The Shining".

luv
01-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Estes Park is also the home of the Stanley Hotel, which was the inspiration for Stephen King's "The Shining".
Too fancy.

Bugeater
01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Too fancy.

Not my speed either, I didn't inquire about the room rates.

luv
01-19-2006, 01:36 AM
Not my speed either, I didn't inquire about the room rates.
Yeah. Not that I would want outhouses and bathing in the creak, but, if I was going to Colorado, I would want something a little more 'rustic'.

Mecca
01-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Yeah. Not that I would want outhouses and bathing in the creak, but, if I was going to Colorado, I would want something a little more 'rustic'.

I better buy some flannel shirts.

Bugeater
01-19-2006, 01:39 AM

Well, should I officially hijack Rain Man's thread to talk about the dog, or should I get someone else's?

J Diddy
01-19-2006, 01:40 AM
I would love to go to river falls just once.

luv
01-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Well, should I officially hijack Rain Man's thread to talk about the dog, or should I get someone else's?
Hang on....I got an idea.

Bugeater
01-19-2006, 01:42 AM

If you're going to bath in that creek, you're going to want something more than a flannel shirt standing by. It's snowpack runoff.

luv
01-19-2006, 02:11 AM
I could just see you in an argyle (sp?) sweater...lol.

Mecca
01-19-2006, 02:22 AM
I could just see you in an argyle (sp?) sweater...lol.

When I hear the word argyle, I think of the limo driver on the movie Die Hard.

Amnorix
01-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Well considering it's an all-expenses paid trip including lodging and food; and I get two weeks of vacation- well, I'd do the following:

Friday AM- fly to Manhattan, NY. Spend Friday and Saturday eating the best foods and taking in David Letterman and SNL episodes.

Thursday AM - fly to Hawaii and spend the weekend in Hawaii soaking in the sun and dancing with girls in grass skirts.

Sunday AM - fly to San Diego. Been there a ton of times, but I'd spend the day checking out stuff from my past and grabbing dinner with some old friends.

Monday AM - rent a Hummer and drive to Yellowstone National Park. Spend the rest of the week in the natural wonders of Yellowstone.

Friday PM - drop Hummer off in Denver, fly to River Falls for the weekend and watch the Chiefs practice.

I see you haven't yet mastered the all important "vacation time to travel time" ratio.

:p