PDA

View Full Version : Stool-pigeon parrot: man's best friend.

Rain Man
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Good for the parrot. Someone had to step in and do the right thing.

I really liked the last line of this article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10704041/

Tell-tale parrot exposes cheating girlfriend
Report: Ziggy squawked, ‘I love you, Gary,’ but his owner’s name was Chris

Updated: 9:17 a.m. ET Jan. 17, 2006
LONDON - Chris Taylor, a 30-year-old British computer programmer, grew suspicious of his live-in girlfriend when his pet parrot began to imitate her saying, “I love you, Gary.”

Ziggy, an 8-year-old African gray parrot, would also make kissing noises whenever the name Gary was mentioned on TV and would mimic Suzy Collins saying, “Hiya, Gary,” every time she answered her mobile phone.

Confronted with the evidence, Collins admitted to a month-long affair with a coworker named Gary and moved out of their shared Leeds apartment that same night.

“I wasn’t sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go,” Taylor, 30, told the Times of London in its online edition Tuesday. “I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again.

“Ziggy was one in a million; he was a loyal friend, and I have no doubt he was looking out for me.”

Taylor said Ziggy, who was named after a David Bowie song, has found a new home thanks to a local parrot dealer.

Collins, 25, told the newspaper she was staying with friends and said she shed no tears for the tell-tale bird.

“I’m not proud of what I did but I’m sure Chris would be the first to admit we were having problems,” said Collins, a call-center worker. “We had spoken about splitting up several times and I think it was inevitable.”

She added: “I’m surprised to hear he’s got rid of that bloody bird; he spent more time talking to it than he did to me. I couldn’t stand Ziggy, and it looks now the feeling was mutual.”

Hammock Parties
01-18-2006, 07:53 PM
OWNED

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181935,00.html

Quick, stuff that dumb bird's mouth with crackers!

A blabbermouth parrot named Ziggy squawked "I love you, Gary" — spilling the beans to his owner on his girlfriend's affair, according to the BBC.

According to reports in the British media, Suzy Collins had been shacking up with a former co-worker, "Gary," for about four months in the Leeds flat she shared with boyfriend Chris Taylor.

After Ziggy chirped "Hiya Gary" one time when Collins answered her cell phone, Taylor reportedly started suspecting something was up.

Whenever the TV sounded out the name Gary, the blabbermouth bird apparently made little "smoochy" sounds.

The 30-year-old computer programmer confronted Collins, whom he'd lived with for a year, and she confessed to the affair under pressure and moved out, according to several different newspaper reports.

Sadly, after the 8-year-old African Grey parrot kept on calling out Gary's name — along with different embarrassing phrases in Collins' lilting 25-year-old voice — Taylor was forced to get rid of the stool pigeon.

I wasn't sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go," Taylor told the BBC.

"I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again," he said.

Collins said she's embarrassed by the bird-brained revelations, but the relationship was already troubled.

"I'm not proud of what I did but I'm sure Chris would be the first to admit we were having problems," she told the BBC.

Named after rocker David Bowie's alter ego Ziggy Stardust, Ziggy now has a new home after being relocated by a nearby parrot dealer.

Here is another story on the same incident

By Paul Stokes
(Filed: 17/01/2006)

There were, to coin a phrase, three of them in the relationship - plus a parrot called Ziggy.

For Chris Taylor, however, the only cloud on his horizon was that his girlfriend did not share his fondness for the eight-year-old African grey he had bought as a chick.

But if relations between Suzy Collins and Ziggy were always on the cool side, it seems fair to say that now they must be deep frozen after the parrot's mimicry revealed the existence of Miss Collins's secret lover, known only as Gary.

At first, 30-year-old Mr Taylor was amused when Ziggy started screeching "Hiya, Gary" everytime it heard Miss Collins's mobile phone ring.

He even saw the funny side when the parrot began making kissing noises when the same name was mentioned on television or radio.

But the truth finally dawned as the couple snuggled alongside one another on the sofa and Ziggy blurted out, "I love you, Gary" in her voice.

Miss Collins, 25, a call centre worker, broke down in tears and confessed to having a four-month fling with a former colleague.

Her confession not only ended their two-year relationship but also led Mr Taylor to parting with his pet because it kept repeating the offending name.

He said yesterday: "I wasn't sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go. It was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again.

"It feels like someone's got it in for me because I've lost my girlfriend and my best mate at the same time. He never liked Suzy and she never took to him.

"I didn't want to believe it at first but when Ziggy said, 'I love you, Gary' in Suzy's voice, it sent a chill down my spine."

Mr Taylor, a computer programmer, named the parrot after David Bowie's alter ego, Ziggy Stardust, and his pet learned to reproduce the line "Put on your red shoes and dance the blues!" from the Bowie song Let's Dance.

The parrot also began imitating Mr Taylor, his friends and household noises such as the doorbell and microwave as heard from its cage in the front room of the flat in Headingly, Leeds.

But when Miss Collins moved in a year ago, she was not so enthusiastic about Ziggy and the attention the pet was paid.

Mr Taylor said: "Suzy never showed the slightest bit of interest in Ziggy. To be fair to her, you either like parrots or you don't.

"At first, she didn't mind me having one but over time she began to resent the time we spent together. She used to say I spent more time talking to Ziggy than I did to her and she often moaned that we never went out."

The name "Gary" was first uttered by Ziggy about two months ago and Miss Collins denied knowing anyone of that name.

Mr Taylor thought it hilarious and assumed it was just another thing that had been picked up from the television.

He said: "Ziggy was a really good mimic - better than Alistair McGowan - and he had Suzy down to a tee. Whenever he heard the name Gary on the telly he would start making these big, slurpy kissing sounds.

"I didn't have a clue what he was trying to tell me. In fact I think I even joked to Suzy that he [Gary] must be her bit on the side."

Everything changed shortly before Christmas, however.

Mr Taylor said: "We were watching telly when Ziggy blurted out, "I love you Gary" in Suzy's voice. I started laughing but when I looked at Suzy, I could tell something was up. Her face was like beetroot and she started to cry.

"I felt sick to my stomach. She told me that she'd been seeing someone she'd met at work called Gary and that she wanted to finish with me.

"She said she was going to tell me anyway but she didn't know how and couldn't find the right time.

"I've no idea who this Gary is. I was devastated. Suzy left that night and I've not seen her since. She came back to collect her stuff when I was out.

"I hope I never see her again."

He also claimed that Miss Collins had told him that she had visited the flat with Gary when only the bird was in. Mr Taylor said: "It makes my stomach churn to think about what he might have seen or heard them doing."

He finally decided to find a new home for Ziggy, through a parrot dealer, because he was unable to break its habit of saying "Gary".

Mr Taylor added: "I couldn't get him to stop saying that bloody name.

"It felt like I'd been stabbed through the heart every time my phone rang or he heard the name on the telly.

"In the end, I decided he had to go. I felt awful but what else could I do?"

Miss Collins, who is staying with friends, yesterday admitted her affair with Gary, who is thought to be in his twenties.

"It's true but I'm not seeing him any more and I really don't want to talk about it," she said.

"I'm not proud of what I did but I'm sure Chris would be the first to admit we'd been having problems.

"We'd spoken about splitting up several times and I think it was inevitable. I'm surprised to hear he's got rid of that bloody bird.

"He spent more time talking to it than he did to me. I couldn't stand him [Ziggy] and it looks now like the feeling was mutual.

"But that is all I'm prepared to say about it."

ChiefsfaninPA
01-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Whatever happened to parrots only saying, "polly want a cracker"?

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2006, 11:12 AM

I think that went out the window when Polly apparently wanted something else. :hump:

ptlyon
01-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm getting myself a parrot.

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 11:25 AM

Havent you ever seen Scary Movie 2?

"Polly wants your mommas sweet ass."

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm getting myself a parrot.

Here's what kills me. The guy should be buying that bird a steak for exposing that cheating box for what she was. Instead the little wuss just can't bear to hear the guys name and gets rid of it. What a friggen wieney ass. I guess it's just what we should expect from a bird guy though.

Jilly
01-19-2006, 12:19 PM
exactly, the guy owns a bird for a pet...at least the bird talked though. If you're gonna go all out and own a bird, it should at least be one that talks.

Rain Man
01-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Here's what kills me. The guy should be buying that bird a steak for exposing that cheating box for what she was. Instead the little wuss just can't bear to hear the guys name and gets rid of it. What a friggen wieney ass. I guess it's just what we should expect from a bird guy though.

No kidding. What ingratitude. That bird should be dining on Ritz for the remainder of his days.

It's like those old Vietnam movies where the Cambodian guy saves the American and then gets left in the field when they leave in the helicopter.

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2006, 01:24 PM
exactly, the guy owns a bird for a pet...at least the bird talked though. If you're gonna go all out and own a bird, it should at least be one that talks.

There is only one bird I would ever own, a falcon.

Hydrae
01-19-2006, 01:39 PM
There is only one bird I would ever own, a falcon.

But those are such vicious animals and would be a danger to society as a whole!

BIG_DADDY
01-19-2006, 02:09 PM
But those are such vicious animals and would be a danger to society as a whole!

NICE!!! ROFL

If the pussifiers of this country have it their way they will change our National symbol from the American Bald Headed Eagle to a friggen parakeet.

Is it saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafe? ROFL