PDA

View Full Version : Peyton bashing

Wile_E_Coyote
01-19-2006, 07:55 AM
it seems to be all the rage. Never won a big game. Little bit of pressure & happy feet take over. Has the Peyton Manning love fest come to it's end until he can win a Super Bowl?

~I have read the military can use his forehead as a landing strip in case of an emergency

teedubya
01-19-2006, 07:55 AM
He is Dan Marino.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-19-2006, 07:58 AM
it's such a contrast. There was a time it seemed like his dingus would always be covered in sports reporter saliva

Seek
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
it seems to be all the rage. Never won a big game. Little bit of pressure & happy feet take over. Has the Peyton Manning love fest come to it's end until he can win a Super Bowl?

~I have read the military can use his forehead as a landing strip in case of an emergency

I never had a love for him. I can't stand him. I just don't like his character.

I think it started with all the audible BS stuff he does. It is like watching Sergio Garcia golf. Just hit the damn ball and quit worrying about your grip.

Then watching him chew out his players on what is clearly his fault.

He is a huge cry baby. Every thing is so dramatic.

Then seeing him faulter under pressure.

You know he tried to forced the punting team of the field against us last year three times from about the 50. Dungy finally let him go for it once, and they failed.

Then Archie and Eli come in and dictate where he will play and won't. Added ELI to my crap list.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
The guy is easy to dislike. All his in game antics, including all the motion at the line of scrimmage, and those quick snaps to catch the other team with 12 guys on the field. Not to mention him padding his stats with play-calling. It's just annoying as hell.

Him being a choke artist is just football Karma for his tired act on the field.

Cormac
01-19-2006, 08:04 AM
The guy is easy to dislike. All his in game antics, including all the motion at the line of scrimmage, and those quick snaps to catch the other team with 12 guys on the field. Not to mention him padding his stats with play-calling. It's just annoying as hell.

Him being a choke artist is just football Karma for his tired act on the field.

Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Adding to that, his father's dicking around with Eli's draft was a real pain in the a$$ and a huge show of arrogance. Also, Peyton "the media's idea of the ultimate team player" took a contract with a signing bonus of THIRTY FIVE AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS. When that happened I hoped for all I was worth that the team would be forced to let Marvin or Edge go. He NEVER deserves a superbowl if he's that latently greedy. And it looks like I'll get my wish.....:D

phxchief
01-19-2006, 08:26 AM
He is Dan Marino.

Poor man's version, I agree.

DaKCMan AP
01-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Well, he did go to Tennessee...

Sybil
01-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I figure he has about 6 or 7 seasons left to avoid becoming Dan Marino, II.

Seek
01-19-2006, 08:47 AM
I figure he has about 6 or 7 seasons left to avoid becoming Dan Marino, II.

This was their year. They are going to start losing some key playres due to FA. His cap dollars are going to tighten that salary cap that if he wants to win a SB, he will have to take a pay cut.

redfan
01-19-2006, 08:51 AM
A snot-boy bashing thread? I'm in!
I hear he's also gay.

siberian khatru
01-19-2006, 08:52 AM
At least Marino WENT to a Super Bowl. In his second year.

Peyton's not even Marino yet. He's had 8 years, is 3-6 in the playoffs, and he really hasn't done much in the postseason outside of torching Denver. Lighting up our POS D in 03 is about it. Tennessee, Miami, the Jets, New England and Pittsburgh have collared him.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-19-2006, 09:08 AM
But for all of the things we hate about him, you have to love his Mastercard commercials. Other than that, he's a loser.

Frazod
01-19-2006, 09:19 AM
He is Dan Marino.

He's half Marino, half Grbac. Thus, Elvis Marino.

Frazod
01-19-2006, 09:20 AM
But for all of the things we hate about him, you have to love his Mastercard commercials. Other than that, he's a loser.

I don't think those commercials are funny. To me, he's mocking the fans.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-19-2006, 09:24 AM

That is even better if that is what he is doing. Most fans deserve to be mocked.

ChiefsFanatic
01-19-2006, 09:46 AM
He is Dan Marino.First he has to
get to a SuperBowl (and lose [I am sure he will]) before he is like Dan Marino.

Did Warren Moon ever go to a SuperBowl? Maybe he is Warren Moon without the Grey Cups.

ChiefsFanatic
01-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I think they are, too.

Nelson Muntz
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM
He's half Marino, half Grbac. Thus, Elvis Marino.

Elvis Marino, thats awesome. ROFL

ChiefsCountry
01-19-2006, 04:20 PM
What really pisses me off about Peyton was bashing the O-Line. The guys who do the most work and never get any credit.

plbrdude
01-19-2006, 04:24 PM
First he has to
get to a SuperBowl (and lose [I am sure he will]) before he is like Dan Marino.

Did Warren Moon ever go to a SuperBowl? Maybe he is Warren Moon without the Grey Cups.

did either marino or moon have quite as much talent on their teams? seems they made good teams better. manning takes a great team to average in crunch time.

StcChief
01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Marino seems classy. even the Isotoner gloves Ads he did.

Manning- whiny bitch,
Him wanting autograph commercials are stupid. Like he's a regular guy.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I heard Chris Landry talk about Manning and his problems on the radio the other day. What he said made alot of sense. He said that Colts main problem is that they dont have a Max protection package they can go to (2 TE's) when the pass rush gets heavy like it did on Sunday. They insist on running the 3 WR sets out of arrogance. Its been their downfall for years. They just dont like to play power football.

PunkinDrublic
01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
It's like I said in another thread he's the first QB I'd pick for my FF team and the last guy I'd pick to pull out a tough come from behind playoff win. He put up stats this year that I thought should have made him league MVP (Shawn Alexander WTF?) but once again got exposed in the playoffs for the choker he is.

One of the most satisfying wins to me from that dreadfull 2004 season was beating the Colts and seeing the same Peyton Manning who owned our defense in that playoff game frustrated and unable to beat us that day. It was a small consolation but it was priceless seeing a frustrated Peyton Manning at Arrowhead.

Ultra Peanut
01-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, he did go to Tennessee...Exactly.

Calcountry
01-19-2006, 06:54 PM
What really pisses me off about Peyton was bashing the O-Line. The guys who do the most work and never get any credit.Well, Visa can do a commercial, about the 5 inherent risks of using cash.

Hi there11!1.

kcfanintitanhell
01-19-2006, 07:02 PM

I totally agree-there's something inherently wrong about a producer of a commercial saying "let's turn things around and make this golden boy seem to be adoring these workaday schmucks." Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Not.

milkman
01-19-2006, 07:42 PM
did either marino or moon have quite as much talent on their teams? seems they made good teams better. manning takes a great team to average in crunch time.

I agree with you on Marino.

If he had Edge and a defense that was comparable to Indy's this year, he might have seen a couple more SBs.

The biggest difference though is that he didn't turn into a pussy in the face of defensive pressure.

That is Mangina's fatal flaw.

kcxiv
01-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Poor man's version, I agree.
He is going to shatter every nfl passing record. He will be 2nd to marino. I know alot dont like him, but will have insane stats baring injury.

SCTrojan
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM
As I've said before, I hate all things Manning.

I hated him going into the '03 playoff game. I hated him even more walking out of Arrowhead.

NJ Chief Fan
01-19-2006, 08:32 PM
the entire manning family are a bunch of cry baby losers

Bwana
01-19-2006, 08:36 PM
He is a Manning, hence, he is a Douche Bag.

Skip Towne
01-19-2006, 08:49 PM
The Mannings are doody heads.

01-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I never had a love for him. I can't stand him. I just don't like his character.

I think it started with all the audible BS stuff he does. It is like watching Sergio Garcia golf. Just hit the damn ball and quit worrying about your grip.

Then watching him chew out his players on what is clearly his fault.

He is a huge cry baby. Every thing is so dramatic.

Then seeing him faulter under pressure.

You know he tried to forced the punting team of the field against us last year three times from about the 50. Dungy finally let him go for it once, and they failed.

Then Archie and Eli come in and dictate where he will play and won't. Added ELI to my crap list.

That is exactly why I have disliked him from the start. He thinks he is all that. There is no I in team Peyton. Until you realize that you will be another Dan Marino.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2006, 09:06 PM
So what was Archie like as a player out of curiosity?? I was too young to have seen him play. Any of you old timers around here remember seeing him in action?

milkman
01-19-2006, 09:17 PM
So what was Archie like as a player out of curiosity?? I was too young to have seen him play. Any of you old timers around here remember seeing him in action?

Archie Manning was a really talented QB that spent his entire career on crappy teams running for his life.

Think Mark Brunell in his prime, and what he might have looked like if he had played for the Cardinals at their worst.

pikesome
01-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Archie Manning was a really talented QB that spent his entire career on crappy teams running for his life.

Think Mark Brunell in his prime, and what he might have looked like if he had played for the Cardinals at their worst.

I'm not sure about his play exactly, but he seems to have decided that he was great and the only thing holding him back was his shity teams. He also is living through Peyton and Eli and that is the height of low for a father.

Halfcan
01-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Manning will never be as great as Marino or Favre!

milkman
01-19-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure about his play exactly, but he seems to have decided that he was great and the only thing holding him back was his shity teams.

As much as I can't stand the Manginas, he is probably right.

He really did play for some of the worst teams ever.

No O-Lines.
No RBs.
No Ds.

I mean they were just terrible.

pikesome
01-19-2006, 09:31 PM
As much as I can't stand the Manginas, he is probably right.

He really did play for some of the worst teams ever.

No O-Lines.
No RBs.
No Ds.

I mean they were just terrible.

But I think he has built himself up to be an elite player who never got his shot and that horseshit

Smed1065
01-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I would like to be loser in your eyes! If I have played in the NFL and my two sons have made it to the NFL-- I say who gives a fu-k what you think, unless your roots are better! Am I wrong- NO!

pikesome
01-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I would like to be loser in your eyes! If I have played in the NFL and my two sons have made it to the NFL-- I say who gives a fu-k what you think, unless your roots are better! Am I wrong- NO!

Of all the measures of a man this IS THE SHITEST ONE I HAVE EVER HEARD! Just because you played a sport and your sons do too doesn't make you any good as a human being. I don't think there would be this hate slung their way if the whole clan weren't such arrogant assholes about it. Marino is a good example, he was a bit of an egotist too but I don't think you'll fine to many people who hate him. He left it on the field, the Mannings don't. I will give Eli a bit of a pass, we might be blaming him for the rest of the families personality flaws.

Bwana
01-19-2006, 09:47 PM

What The FU*K?