PDA

View Full Version : Wesley in trouble with the law......again.

tomahawk kid
01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
810 is reporting that Wesley had a run in with the law last night after being banned from a club.

Anyone hear anymore specifics?

jspchief
01-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Hopefully he's in trouble with a roster spot too.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Maybe this will give us enough reason to cut his ass and draft a playmaker at FS.

tomahawk kid
01-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Apparently he swung and missed at a bouncer. Kind of reminds you of some of his "tackles"...... ROFL

Was released on $500 bond.

Rain Man
01-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Why does he always wait until the offseason to start hitting?

tomahawk kid
01-19-2006, 09:58 AM
Maybe this will give us enough reason to cut his ass and draft a playmaker at FS.

Or say hello to Sam Madison? :hmmm:

ChiefsOne
01-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Why does he always wait until the offseason to start hitting?

Evidently he missed.

Rain Man
01-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Evidently he missed.

Okay. Consistency, I can live with.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Or say hello to Sam Madison? :hmmm:Make Madison a FS? Why would we do that?

Cormac
01-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I say we cut Wesley and Woods (assuming cap hit is a wash at this point of their contracts) and groom Bartee or Battle to play FS. Give the starting job to the winner. I think either one would offer more playmaking ability than Wesley at FS at this point. Battle appears to be too aggressive to play CB, so maybe he'd knock some heads off at FS? Bartee is a decent hitter with good speed.

Needless to say, it would be nice to get a stud FS in the draft, but we might need a lineman (O or D) in the 1st round.

Then we'd still have Surtain, Warfield, Sapp at Nickel, Hodge or Garrett as dime-back.

tomahawk kid
01-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Make Madison a FS? Why would we do that?

He's an older corner that could perhaps make that transition.

You could conceivably do the same to Warfield and keep Madison at CB.

Just a thought.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-19-2006, 10:07 AM
sounds like Lamar will just pick up & move the team to LA

Adept Havelock
01-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Apparently he swung and missed at a bouncer. Kind of reminds you of some of his "tackles"...... ROFL

Was released on $500 bond.

Hmmm. Perhaps he can get some lessons from our Placekicker.."Killer" Tynes.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 10:12 AM
He's an older corner that could perhaps make that transition.

You could conceivably do the same to Warfield and keep Madison at CB.

Just a thought.

I'd prefer to draft someone rather than rely on yet another aging player with declining skills.

Especially considering that a drafted player would come with a lower salary...

tomahawk kid
01-19-2006, 10:17 AM
I'd prefer to draft someone rather than rely on yet another aging player with declining skills.

Especially considering that a drafted player would come with a lower salary...

I would tend to agree.

Overall, I'd like to see the Chiefs build through the draft ala the Steelers. The "stop gap" solutions don't seem to be working.

Rain Man
01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Where have you gone, Shaunard Hartsio
Our planet turns its lonely eyes to you
Woo woo woo

Bootlegged
01-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Cut his can't cover/wrong angle of pursuit'n ass. If McCleon is on this team come Sept. 06, I'm officially pledging my allegiance to the Panthers.

Simply Red
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Stop traffic!!! Another Pro-Athelete genious!!!

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Id like to see Bartee challange for that spot, but if Wesley just learned how to stay consistant with his tackles, hed be allright. He is pretty good at picking passes off.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Id like to see Bartee challange for that spot, but if Wesley just learned how to stay consistant with his tackles, hed be allright. He is pretty good at picking passes off.

I'm of the opinion having watched some of the games this year over again that a good chunk of Wesley's INT's would not have happened had he not been in the WRONG SPOT.

In other words, he was out of position, but just happened to be where the ball went...

nascher
01-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Groom Bartee lol he is grooming 7 years now !!!

Draft or sign a FS. Huff would be a great choice !!!

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm of the opinion having watched some of the games this year over again that a good chunk of Wesley's INT's would not have happened had he not been in the WRONG SPOT.

In other words, he was out of position, but just happened to be where the ball went...

How do you know he was out of position? On almost all of his interceptions it looked to me like he was just playing centerfield as the scheme called for it. That's what he's best at.

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 11:38 AM

I didnt say anything about being in the right spot or wrong spot, I was just saying he can atleast catch. :harumph:

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 11:39 AM
How do you know he was out of position? On almost all of his interceptions it looked to me like he was just playing centerfield as the scheme called for it. That's what he's best at.

Thats what a free safety does a lot. I did that just about every passing situation in high school. Thats why I lead 3A state in INT's. With a free safety thats what it is about sometimes, playing the quarterbacks eyes and being quick enough to lay the wood or pick it off.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 11:52 AM

Because we were in man coverage and his man was running free. The ball was poorly thrown and being in the wrong place happened to work out for him...

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Because we were in man coverage and his man was running free. The ball was poorly thrown and being in the wrong place happened to work out for him...

Sorry but I don't ever remember it going down this way. Wesley almost always had his back to one of the endzones. It's not like he was trailing a receiver and the ball was thrown behind him.

Anyong Bluth
01-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm all for a new FS - Wesley doesn't have the cover skills no doubt, and can't cover enough space. Add in the fact that he hasn't been a punishing hitter since his 1st 2 years here = steamy poo and should be upgraded.

We can't even really keep him around for special teams play seeing as how he takes horrible angles and is afraid of wrapping up

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Wesley's picks. Looks to me like he's playing deep zone coverage in all of them, be it deep middle or deep half.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1752/wesleyint1338mj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4185/wesleyintthengetssmashed2483bb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/7813/wesleyint21934ae.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/9178/wesleyint50ydreturn1407oi.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6877/wesleyint11620yr.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/7289/wesleyint31462tt.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. Laz
01-19-2006, 01:28 PM
almost ever every int that wesley had was a overthrown or tipped ball over the middle.

very little "Coverage" by wesley was involved.

i don't remember a single Pass defense all year by him.

in short, Wesley played free safety like a strong safety.... which is what he is.

i'd rather go into next year with Bartee at free safety. :eek:

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 01:33 PM
almost ever every int that wesley had was a overthrown or tipped ball over the middle.

So?

How many other free safeties had six interceptions?

Wesley plays centerfield extremely well...that's what you want a safety to do.

Wesley also had 8 passes defensed. Sammy Knight led with 13. That's fairly solid I'd say. Especially since those two combined for TWO the previous year.

phxchief
01-19-2006, 01:37 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Wesley sucks boner.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders and John Lynch were the AFC Pro Bowl safeties.

They COMBINED for 20 passes defensed and 5 interceptions.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2006, 01:40 PM
So?

Wesley also had 8 passes defensed. Sammy Knight led with 13. That's fairly solid I'd say. Especially since those two combined for TWO the previous year.

6 ints is fine ... but you also need to look at the "how" of those Ints

i still don't remember a single pass defense ... not to mention a single "impact" pass defense.

wesley had more INT's ... but sammy knight had more impact imo.

Anyong Bluth
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
the fact is that Wesley should be playing SS, but Knight is better than him at his job and we should find someone that is better at covering ground than him.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 01:42 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Wesley sucks boner.

Whatever dude.

Wesley is one of the top five turnover producing defenders since he's been in the league.

He alone caused 7 turnovers this year.

26 interceptions in 6 years is NOT AN ACCIDENT.

Simply Red
01-19-2006, 01:44 PM
So?

I happen to agree. Also once he squares his body, he can hit hard as well.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
I happen to agree. Also once he squares his body, he can hit hard as well.

Wesley got back to hitting people this year....as much as I despise Gunther, I thank him for that.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Whatever dude.

Wesley is one of the top five turnover producing defenders since he's been in the league.

He alone caused 7 turnovers this year.

26 interceptions in 6 years is NOT AN ACCIDENT.
and the fact that he can't cover ANYONE is a problem as long as he gets his freewheeling turnovers?

you can't put wesley on a RB or TE ... putting him on a receiver is just complete death.

maybe Wesley will be alright in a pure coverage 2 zone defense :shrug:

but his inability to cover was part of the reason why we couldn't play tight man-to-man coverage .... because he couldn't give deep help.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
and the fact that he can't cover ANYONE is a problem as long as he gets his freewheeling turnovers?

you can't put wesley on a RB or TE ... putting him on a receiver is just complete death.

maybe Wesley will be alright in a pure coverage 2 zone defense :shrug:

but his inability to cover was part of the reason why we couldn't play tight man-to-man coverage .... because he couldn't give deep help.

Fine. Throw him under the bus.

Where are we gonna get those 7 turnovers from?

kcxiv
01-19-2006, 02:06 PM
The reason why we couldnt play tight man to man is becuase our Dline put no damn pressure on the quarterback.

KCChiefsMan
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
let's see how Mr. Edwards reacts to this, hopefully he is filling out the old pink slip right now

Spicy McHaggis
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM

So what you're saying is stats don't mean shit. ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 02:25 PM
So what you're saying is stats don't mean shit. ROFL

No. I am saying we could do much worse at safety than Wesley. Maybe some of you would like to go back to Jerome Woods?

Deberg_1990
01-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Fine. Throw him under the bus.

Where are we gonna get those 7 turnovers from?

He Blows....i hope hes cut. Defense is more than just "Sexy" turnovers. Heres an idea: How about covering open WR's down the middle of the field and stopping a team cold on 3rd and long???? Just a thought....

Spicy McHaggis
01-19-2006, 02:31 PM
No. I am saying we could do much worse at safety than Wesley. Maybe some of you would like to go back to Jerome Woods?

Not at all. I'm just saying Wesley by no means should have this job locked up. If he beats out Battle, Bartee, any corner that might switch to his original position and anyone we might draft then he can have the spot. If he is the best guy for the job and we can't feasibly improve the position, fine. Wesley was always more of a straight line guy. Maybe he'll be better in less man coverage.

I'm just not ready to hand him the job until we look at all the options.

Cormac
01-19-2006, 02:32 PM

goathan, you're fighting a circular argument. Nobody is saying that 6 INTs is a bad stat for a safety. But what else has he done? The INTs alone are not a good enough reason to keep him around if somebody better can be had.

As for the Woods comment, that's just stupid. Woods was a great safety for us for many years. He hasn't been the same because age caught up with him like it does for everybody.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 02:34 PM
goathan, you're fighting a circular argument. Nobody is saying that 6 INTs is a bad stat for a safety. But what else has he done? The INTs alone are not a good enough reason to keep him around if somebody better can be had.

You can't get rid of a player that consistently produces turnovers.

Let me give you a comparison.

Derrick Thomas consistently sacked the QB.

Greg Wesley consistently produces turnovers.

Turnovers are the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT defensive stat year to year. Go and look at playoff teams and Super Bowl teams. More often than not, they force alot of turnovers.

tk13
01-19-2006, 02:37 PM

Let me give you a comparison.

Derrick Thomas consistently sacked the QB.

Turnovers are the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT defensive stat year to year. Go and look at playoff teams and Super Bowl teams. More often than not, they force alot of turnovers.
Good work, gochiefs. You're finally starting to get it.

StcChief
01-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Keep him, have someone talk to him about off the field activities before he becomes a problem.

We don't need another Warfield issue.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Good work, gochiefs. You're finally starting to get it.

Are you trying to pimp Maz again? ROFL

tk13
01-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Are you trying to pimp Maz again? ROFL
Darn, I'm that easy to read. I gotta change up my act.

Pants
01-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Why the **** yall acting surprised and shit? G-Wes is a mother****ing gangsta, thuggin 4 life. The law is his enemy.

All kidding aside, if you didn't think he hit hard last year, you need to get some new glasses or check your mental capacities. Yes, he misses from time to time, but when he hits, he hits. He's still learning a new position and he's creating turnovers. I like him on the Chiefs.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Dale Carter produced turnovers.

He also produced defensive breakdowns that resulted in opponent TOUCHDOWNS.

The name of the game is score more points than the other team.

How do you get rid of a guy that got 7 INT's? When that guy allows the other team to score anytime they want, it's easy.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Dale Carter produced turnovers.

Not at Greg Wesley's rate.

Wesley's best 4-year stretch is 22 interceptions.

Carter's best stretch was his first 4 years - 14 interceptions, 7 coming in ONE YEAR.

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I say keep Wesley, I dont want my autograph he gave me from Mini-camp to go to waste.

ChiefsOne
01-19-2006, 04:11 PM

BS he didn't produce anything, they fell in his hands! As I have said before I could have made those interceptions.

Wesley was really good a few years ago, he sucked this year. Yes, sucked, when you quit trying to tackle, half ass throw an arm out, then you are quiting and need to leave. I hope they fire, cut, get rid of his ass this year!

Hammock Parties
01-19-2006, 04:13 PM
As I have said before I could have made those interceptions.

So you're saying any average DB playing centerfield could have made those?

Then why didn't Jerome Woods?

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM

Shows you how overrated stats are.

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
So you're saying any average DB playing centerfield could have made those?

Then why didn't Jerome Woods?

Cause he is too slow to get to the point of the INT. As you could tell Gdub was playing centerfield when he picked off his passes, doing what he was probably supposed to be doing.

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Shows you how overrated stats are.

I dont think Lynch is all that great, dont get me wrong he can lay the wood all the time. Sanders and Polamalu those two are complete badasses though.

Smed1065
01-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Here is the link for KC Star related story:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/13663317.htm

andoman
01-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Wesley's picks. Looks to me like he's playing deep zone coverage in all of them, be it deep middle or deep half.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1752/wesleyint1338mj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Is that Jared Allen right there with him in the deep half?

QuikSsurfer
01-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Why the **** yall acting surprised and shit? G-Wes is a mother****ing gangsta, thuggin 4 life. The law is his enemy.

All kidding aside, if you didn't think he hit hard last year, you need to get some new glasses or check your mental capacities. Yes, he misses from time to time, but when he hits, he hits. He's still learning a new position and he's creating turnovers. I like him on the Chiefs.

lol it's true... it's true

dtebbe
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
He probably had a problem with the "cover charge", arguing that he never covers anyone, so he shouldn't have to pay.

DT

Coach
01-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Wesley may have those interceptions. However, he's terribly inconsistent on the field.

Yeah, of those 6 weren't 3 in one game? One game he looks awesome the next you don't even notice him.

Ever since he got paid, he quit caring.

nomad
01-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm out here in Cali, but I recall some mention of a number of Chiefs (un-named) who are big into the bar, booze and bitches lifestyle.

No mention in this thread of the Siavi and Wesley bar episode where JR. got carried out of a bar wearing a spit -hood, with his booze-buddy Wesley.

Maybe the best thing we can do is draft a saftey the first day and send Wesley packing and let a leader like Sammy Knight break in rookie partner.

Would be nice to see Herm set an early example for players to ponder over the summer...

Halfcan
01-19-2006, 10:04 PM

I agree-GWes has sucked for awhile now!!

Logical
01-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Or say hello to Sam Madison? :hmmm:You are obviously confusing Wesley with Warfield. Wesley is a safety and Madison is a corner. Warfield our 2nd corner was in trouble with the law last year not Wesley.

Logical
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Because we were in man coverage and his man was running free. The ball was poorly thrown and being in the wrong place happened to work out for him...I am now convinced you are also confusing Warfield with Wesley. Wesley the one named as in trouble as a safety would not be in man coverage.

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Whats so hard about staying out of trouble. But I have seen Wesley up close and he looks like hes related to Snoop Dogg.

FAX
01-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Whats so hard about staying out of trouble. But I have seen Wesley up close and he looks like hes related to Snoop Dogg.

Are you saying you can tell if a person is likely to get into trouble by how he looks, Mr. Dunit35?

On a side note ... are the people in the ChiefsPlanet banner members of the Planet?

FAX

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Are you saying you can tell if a person is likely to get into trouble by how he looks, Mr. Dunit35?

On a side note ... are the people in the ChiefsPlanet banner members of the Planet?

FAX

No, no nothing like that. I didnt really mean that. I was just asking why its so hard to stay out of trouble for some athletes. I was just saying he looks like Snoop Dogg up close. Snoop Dog has been in his share of trouble in the past and if he was a younger cousin of his, he would look up to him and would think getting into trouble was cool. My bad, man.

FAX
01-19-2006, 10:32 PM
No, no nothing like that. I didnt really mean that. I was just asking why its so hard to stay out of trouble for some athletes. I was just saying he looks like Snoop Dogg up close. Snoop Dog has been in his share of trouble in the past and if he was a younger cousin of his, he would look up to him and would think getting into trouble was cool. My bad, man.

No offense taken, Mr. Dunit35. Actually, had you acquired that skill somehow, I was interested in learning it from you.

FAX

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 10:34 PM
No offense taken, Mr. Dunit35. Actually, had you acquired that skill somehow, I was interested in learning it from you.

FAX

Oh, that would be pretty sweet if you could. Then you would know what ladies are golddiggers.

chefsos
01-19-2006, 10:54 PM

FAX

Yes. Well, at least the ones who aren't wearing helmets.

FAX
01-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Yes. Well, at least the ones who aren't wearing helmets.

Thanks, Mr. chefsos. Do you know which is whom?

I'm sure this question has been asked before. Sorry if re-ask.

FAX

ClevelandChief
01-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Herm should bring Reggie Tongue back with him.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks, Mr. chefsos. Do you know which is whom?

I'm sure this question has been asked before. Sorry if re-ask.

FAXI know who some are.

Left to right:
Endelt
Raiderhaider
Dartgod (I think)
I know I know, but don't remember
No idea
Nzoner338
Can't tell, but don't think I know
Rausch maybe?

greg63
01-20-2006, 12:36 AM
810 is reporting that Wesley had a run in with the law last night after being banned from a club.

Anyone hear anymore specifics?

Not to worry; he'll get slapped on the wrist and will think twice just before doing it again.