PDA

View Full Version : Coach Summitt's win/loss record....

Archie F. Swin
01-19-2006, 11:39 PM
is 900-176 over 32 years.

that is all

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Pretty impressive.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 11:54 PM
He's a very good coach.

cdcox
01-20-2006, 12:07 AM
He's a very good coach.

ROFL

Psicosis should be along shortly.

Dunit35
01-20-2006, 12:15 AM
hahaha HE???

My win loss record as a coach.

football: 5-1.. Champions..little league
Basketball: 10-2...2nd in tourny, 1st in league...little league.

Mr. Kotter
01-20-2006, 07:42 AM
He's a very good coach.

Heh.

Yeah, she's been pretty impressive. Anyone who gets a team to focus and concentrate, that is full of young kids as obsessed with pussy as I was at that age.....well, my hat's off to 'em. ;)

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Racked up alot of those wins when Womens basketball was not competitive at all. However, she's done alot for the sport. Gotta give her props for that.

Mr. Kotter
01-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Racked up alot of those wins when Womens basketball was not competitive at all. However, she's done alot for the sport. Gotta give her props for that.

Yeah, I'll bet she would have also made a helluva "womens" swimming and track coach in the old Eastern block nations.....like East Germany. Heh.

Mile High Mania
01-20-2006, 07:57 AM
Bobby Knight should reach the 900 mark in another year.

Skip Towne
01-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Girls basketball :Lin:

hawkchief
01-20-2006, 08:11 AM
It's certainly an accomplishment, but to frame her record in the context of Dean Smith's, as many jounalists di, is abusurd.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Probably not this year. Tech really sucks.

CoMoChief
01-20-2006, 10:28 AM

He's the best college coach IMO. Though I think when its all said and done I think Coach K will be the labeled as a better coach than anyone besides Wooden.

CoMoChief
01-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Summitt would be the only woman coach that I would let coach a mens team. I would like to see that and I think it would attract alot of viewers on tv. I wonder why the UConn coach hasnt gotten any offers to coach mens teams. At least none that I can recall.

vailpass
01-20-2006, 10:33 AM
BFD. My high school team would whip any Lady Vols team that leathery old warden ever coached.
Chick ball records are in a separate category, housed on a dusty shelf at the bottom of the old trophy case.

CoMoChief
01-20-2006, 10:34 AM
You can take the best boys HS team in the nation and suit them up against the WNBA allstar team and the boys hs team would win by 50. I would much rather watch paint dry than to watch girls basketball. There are only 2 true good teams in womens college bball and thats Tenn and UConn. Its been this way for many years. Its starting to change but theres a clear line of whos dominant and whos not in women college bball

vailpass
01-20-2006, 10:37 AM
You can take the best boys HS team in the nation and suit them up against the WNBA allstar team and the boys hs team would win by 50. I would much rather watch paint dry than to watch girls basketball. There are only 2 true good teams in womens college bball and thats Tenn and UConn. Its been this way for many years. Its starting to change but theres a clear line of whos dominant and whos not in women college bball

You mean you don't dig power lay-ups, 12 inch verticals, and watching the game played in slow motion by a bunch of horse-chicks?
What the hell is wrong with you?

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 10:40 AM
You mean you don't dig power lay-ups, 12 inch verticals, and watching the game played in slow motion by a bunch of horse-chicks?
What the hell is wrong with you?
I'd actually prefer that over watching a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas that don't play defense just chuck up a bunch of 3's all night.

Lurch
01-20-2006, 10:50 AM
I'd actually prefer that over watching a bunch of overpaid prima-donnas that don't play defense just chuck up a bunch of 3's all night.

Yup. The NBA is almost as boring to watch as soccer. You can tune in the last 5 minutes of the game, and not really have missed anything.

vailpass
01-20-2006, 10:51 AM

If you are referring to the current edition of the NBA you will not get any argument out of me. Old school Celtics-Lakers-Pistons era? Top shelf.
MJ's Bulls-Pistons-Cavs-Jazz? Still quality.

Post MJ NBA? Unwatchable. Now the element that has driven so many people away from the game has reared it's ugly head in the form of players entering the stands to assault an innocent fan who was merely protecting himself from the onslaught of said player's crazy wife.

You can take the woman out of the ghetto......

vailpass
01-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Yup. The NBA is almost as boring to watch as soccer. You can tune in the last 5 minutes of the game, and not really have missed anything.

You can tune in to the last 5 games of the season and not really have missed anything.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 10:54 AM
If you are referring to the current edition of the NBA you will not get any argument out of me. Old school Celtics-Lakers-Pistons era? Top shelf.

Post MJ NBA? Unwatchable. Now the element that has driven so many people away from the game has reared it's ugly head in the form of players entering the stands to assault an innocent fan who was merely protecting himself from the onslaught of said player's crazy wife.

Yep. I'd probably get in to the NBA if Kansas City had a team, but the ugly style still remains.

I watch womens college basketball (no interest in the WNBA), and to me its more of a representation of the games of old. Mostly a pure shooting game...although the ball is smaller.

Lurch
01-20-2006, 10:55 AM
You can tune in to the last 5 games of the season and not really have missed anything.

And that's what I do.....actually, I start tuning in about the second round of the playoffs.

redfan
01-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Dude's got a nice rack.

CoMoChief
01-20-2006, 11:28 AM

The NBA does suck. Though theres only one sport better than Men's College Basketball and that of course is the NFL.

CoMoChief
01-20-2006, 11:29 AM

Me and you are on the same page buddy.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
The NBA does suck. Though theres only one sport better than Men's College Basketball and that of course is the NFL.
I like College football slightly better.

Lurch
01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I like College football slightly better.

Eh, you'll grow out of that.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Eh, you'll grow out of that.
I sure hope not!

vailpass
01-20-2006, 01:12 PM
I sure hope not!

Saturday and Sunday football are two different games that both equally rule in their own right.

jspchief
01-20-2006, 01:13 PM
1. Pro football
2. College football
3. Men's college Basketball
4. Everything else

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Saturday and Sunday football are two different games that both equally rule in their own right.
Yeah. I can't put my finger on what I like better. They are different.

vailpass
01-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Good rankings JSP, mine would be just slightly different:

1. Pro football
1A. College football
3. Men's college Basketball
4. College Wrestling
5. Little League World Series
6. Everything else

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Good call. My order of preference, how I follow them, games attended, etc..

1. Pro football
1A. College football
2. Mens college basketball
3. Major League Baseball
4. Womens college basketball
5. College baseball
6. College volleyball
7. Everything else

vailpass
01-20-2006, 01:22 PM

1. Pro football
1A. College football
3. Major League Baseball
5. College baseball
6. College volleyball
7. Everything else

I forgot to include college women's softball. Those pitchers can bring the heat.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 01:30 PM
I forgot to include college women's softball. Those pitchers can bring the heat.
Only because the mound is much closer.

Skip Towne
01-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Girls anything sucks.

vailpass
01-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Only because the mound is much closer.

To which mound do you refer?

CoMoChief
01-20-2006, 01:51 PM

1. Pro football
1A. College football
3. Major League Baseball
5. College baseball
6. College volleyball
7. Everything else

I'm shocked that Womens college bball is even on that list. It would be after the everything else category on my list. Maybe you have a daughter that plays in the sport or something I dunno.

Rain Man
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
1. Pro football
12. Sumo wrestling (seriously - way cool)
1000. Pretty much everything else.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm shocked that Womens college bball is even on that list. It would be after the everything else category on my list. Maybe you have a daughter that plays in the sport or something I dunno.
I'm surprised people actually like NASCAR. Whoop-dee-doo.

CoMoChief
01-20-2006, 01:56 PM

Though the way they bring the heat with their delivery is impressive, its obviously because the mound is very close to home plate. Bigger ball, longer bat, shorter field, shitty game. I played tee ball in fields bigger than the softball field at my former highschool.

Spicy McHaggis
01-20-2006, 02:56 PM

Ahh Jennie Finch.

http://www.askmen.com/specials/2005_top_99/celebs/92_jennie_finch.jpg

redfan
01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
It's like my granpappy used to say:
"Can't shoot the rock if you ain't got a c***."
It also applies to billiards and many other sports.