PDA

View Full Version : The Lone Gunmen DVD set

Nightwish
01-20-2006, 03:47 AM
I just bought the DVD set for the series The Lone Gunmen. For those who don't know, it was a short-lived spinoff of the X-Files, featuring the Lone Gunmen characters Byers, Langley and Frohicky, those nutty but affable conspiracy theorists.

Anyway, I got it home and put in the first DVD. I hadn't seen the pilot episode since its original airdate of March 2001, so I had pretty much forgotten what it was about, and since it was March 2001, I didn't think anything of it back then. But watching it again tonight, it was pretty shocking. In the pilot episode, they uncover a plot within the government to use remote control technology to hijack an airliner and fly it into the World Trade Center! The purpose of the hijacking was to create a worldwide sensation which undoubtedly foreign despots or terrorism leaders would stand in line to take credit for, prompting our need to wage war on them, thus drastically increasing arms sales.

Very interesting premise, coming as it did only six months before 9/11.

Anyway, the boxed set is out there, so if you were into the X-Files, you should check it out. The show didn't last long, but it was a cool spinoff.

greg63
01-20-2006, 07:26 AM
WOW!!! No kidding??? Makes one think, and for me that's a difficult thing to do.