PDA

View Full Version : Who's our next Offensive line coach?

Frankie
01-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Let the speculations begin. All you know it alls, it's time to help Edwards and Solari pick the best O-line coach this side of Solari.

Frankie
01-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Whio's the USC O-line coach? :hmmm:

Frankie
01-20-2006, 10:27 AM
What's this. No ideas? Can't tell you how disappointed I am with you guys. Do your homework.

penchief
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
It oughta be someone with a lot of self-confidence and a credible resume because it's going to be tough even duplicating the success of the past five years or trying to teach anything to a line that has two hall of famers and and four pro bowl caliber starters. Hopefully it will be someone who strong suit will be developing the young guys.

patteeu
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Supposedly Tim Grunhard is interested in the job. I don't think he's likely to get it, but he does have a good relationship with Solari so it's a possibility. And I'm sure you've heard the reports that the Ram's O-line coach either interviewed with the Chiefs or is planning to interview with the Chiefs.

Sully
01-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Isn't Golden Ruel (formerly of KU) the O-Line coach at USC?
I remember he was at a few of the football camps I went to back in high school.

doomy3
01-20-2006, 11:03 AM
This is far fetched I'm sure, but what about Mike Tice? Doesn't look like he'll get a HC job, and I haven't heard about him getting very many looks at OC, so what better job than to coach the best OL in football?

Mr. Laz
01-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Who's our next Offensive line coach?

http://img388.exs.cx/img388/4638/barneyfife0sc.jpg

shaneo69
01-20-2006, 11:10 AM
From today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch...

"Multiple Rams sources told the Post-Dispatch that the Kansas City Chiefs are hiring John Matsko as their offensive line coach for the new staff being assembled there by Herm Edwards. Matsko interviewed with the Chiefs recently.

Matsko, who could not be reached for comment Thursday, has been one of the Rams' two offensive line coaches for the past seven seasons. He held the additional title of associate head coach in 2003 and assistant head coach from 2000 through 2002."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/CD55A9B0BB0DD88E862570FC00211AC9?OpenDocument

Frankie
01-20-2006, 11:40 AM
It oughta be someone with a lot of self-confidence and a credible resume because it's going to be tough even duplicating the success of the past five years or trying to teach anything to a line that has two hall of famers and and four pro bowl caliber starters. Hopefully it will be someone who strong suit will be developing the young guys.
Agreed.

Frankie
01-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Supposedly Tim Grunhard is interested in the job. I don't think he's likely to get it, but he does have a good relationship with Solari so it's a possibility. And I'm sure you've heard the reports that the Ram's O-line coach either interviewed with the Chiefs or is planning to interview with the Chiefs.Gruny will be an interesting choice. His lack of coaching history worries me though. I don't like the Rams guy. Seems like too many injuries happened to their QBs.

Frankie
01-20-2006, 11:43 AM
This is far fetched I'm sure, but what about Mike Tice? Doesn't look like he'll get a HC job, and I haven't heard about him getting very many looks at OC, so what better job than to coach the best OL in football?
:hmmm: You might have something there.

Frankie
01-20-2006, 11:46 AM
:hmmm: You might have something there.
Maybe Tice as o-line coach and Gruny as his assistant. In a couple of years Tice will be looking at other opportunities elsewhere. Then Gruny might be ready to take the reigns.

philfree
01-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Gruny will be an interesting choice. His lack of coaching history worries me though. I don't like the Rams guy. Seems like too many injuries happened to their QBs.

I like Grunhardt as a player but he's been kind of a back stabbing radio bitch every since he retired and I don't want him coaching my team. As far as the former Rams O line coach is concerned Martz was the reason Warner got beaten up the way he did. The Rams lost O linemen to FA and had injuries but Martz kept putting Warner in an empty backfield and it lead to Warner's injuries. It wasn't the O line coaches fault.

PhilFree:arrow:

FloridaMan88
01-20-2006, 12:02 PM

"Multiple Rams sources told the Post-Dispatch that the Kansas City Chiefs are hiring John Matsko as their offensive line coach for the new staff being assembled there by Herm Edwards. Matsko interviewed with the Chiefs recently.

Matsko, who could not be reached for comment Thursday, has been one of the Rams' two offensive line coaches for the past seven seasons. He held the additional title of associate head coach in 2003 and assistant head coach from 2000 through 2002."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/CD55A9B0BB0DD88E862570FC00211AC9?OpenDocument

HMMMMM, maybe the Chiefs could bring another former Rams coach in... Mike Martz, to join the offensive coaching staff.

Martz was on ESPN's "Quite Frankly" a few days ago and he indicated that if he didn't get a head coaching job, he would be willing to be an offensive assistant and he just wants to coach in the league.

Martz as an offensive assistant who could work with the passing game would benefit the offense.

King_Chief_Fan
01-20-2006, 12:14 PM

in the gochiefs system, this is a minus 30.

This guy sucks really bad. Fans have been calling for his demise for the last 2 seasons. The Rams have not been able to run the ball and we all know what happened to Bulger......line up the extra QB's. Green may get killed

Frankie
01-20-2006, 12:58 PM
I was impressed with the USC O-line. I wonder if their coach wouldn't mind jumping to the NFL.