PDA

View Full Version : Underworld : Evolution

ROYC75
01-20-2006, 12:32 PM
My son is goin to see that tomorrow, he was wonderin if anybody knows if its any good.

He really liked the first one. He was watchin it all the time.

So is the 2nd one any good ?

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Oddly enough I know for a fact that the took some of my ideas for Underworld Evolution. Which I posted them on countingdown.com

ROYC75
01-20-2006, 02:13 PM
FTR ......... I didn't post this one, III did.

I don't got to the movies very often at all......

JBucc
01-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Haven't even seen the first one. Just looked like any other vampire/werewulf hunter movie thing to me.

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2006, 03:01 PM
WhenI saw the first Underworld I thoght it would be a cookie cutter low budget flick, but I was pleasantly surprised.

RedNFeisty
01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I liked one a lot, but I have read horrible reviews for two.

Psyko Tek
01-20-2006, 05:01 PM
how old's the kid?

Kate Beckinsale is hot in the leather cat suit

could just be puberty

DomerNKC
01-20-2006, 05:18 PM
let me know how it is...i loved the first one!

Nightwish
01-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Haven't even seen the first one. Just looked like any other vampire/werewulf hunter movie thing to me.
Oh nonono! It is anything but a typical vampire/werewolf hunter movie! It draws a lot on the mythology created by Rein-hagen in the Vampire: the Masquarade role-playing universe, though it doesn't make any direct references to it. There is a lot of very involved politics and intrigue between the warring vampire and lycan (intelligent werewolves) clans. It's more of a suspense/thriller film, with some soft sci-fi thrown in, but not horror. It definitely rates among the best vampire and/or werewolf movies ever made, with the new one being even better.

Nightwish
01-20-2006, 05:51 PM
let me know how it is...i loved the first one!
I just got back from the matinee showing. The first one was great, especially considering it had very little hype or marketing before it hit the theaters, so it was sort of a sleeper hit. But this one is even better, and it leaves the door open for a third installment. There are some more key players introduced (not just Victor and Lucian), and Selene inherits a very interesting destiny. It also goes into a lot more detail about the origins of the war and Selene's own unsuspecting role in the ancient feud. I'll just say this much to pique people's interest -- her family wasn't killed to satisfy Victor's thirst for human blood. Her family wasn't randomly chosen.

DomerNKC
01-23-2006, 10:06 PM
damn...now i gotta go see it.

ChiefsLV
01-24-2006, 12:06 AM
I just got back from the matinee showing. The first one was great, especially considering it had very little hype or marketing before it hit the theaters, so it was sort of a sleeper hit. But this one is even better, and it leaves the door open for a third installment. There are some more key players introduced (not just Victor and Lucian), and Selene inherits a very interesting destiny. It also goes into a lot more detail about the origins of the war and Selene's own unsuspecting role in the ancient feud. I'll just say this much to pique people's interest -- her family wasn't killed to satisfy Victor's thirst for human blood. Her family wasn't randomly chosen.

I also thought this one was even better than the first. The ending fight was pretty awesome, loved the way they finished em off at the end. I had typed more but deleted it, don't want to give too much away. Go see it.

B2chiefsfan
01-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Loved the first one!!!

The critics hate it, so it's definitely a must see....

Halfcan
01-24-2006, 01:05 AM
Yep I liked the first one too, can't wait for the second.

Son of Logical
01-24-2006, 04:23 AM
I have seen both, and I go to the movies quite often, and I thought the second was great. The action is superb, and the acting was good. The story was really cool. So, my vote is go and see it.