PDA

View Full Version : Tim Krumrie = Tough S.O.B.

B_Ambuehl
01-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm glad that Solari is still here in some capacity but other then that the only hire I'm thrilled about is Tim Krumrie. This guy played in superbowl '90 or '91 with Cincinnati and broke his leg so bad that his bone ripped through his pants and was in clear view of everyone on TV. It was as bad of an injury as you'll ever see on a football field but he wouldn't even leave the stadium and go to the hospital because they didn't have TVs at the hospital and he wouldnt have been able to watch the game....and this was before they had full medical facilities at all these stadiums.

Hoover
01-20-2006, 01:23 PM
So if your bone pops out of your leg, and you stick around for a while it makes you a good Football Coach?

I guess you also voted for Bob Dole, John McCain, and John Kerry then?

Amnorix
01-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Youngblood playing the Superbowl on a broken leg is still the most absurd display of toughness I've ever seen/heard about on a football field.

Chiefnj
01-20-2006, 01:57 PM
So if your bone pops out of your leg, and you stick around for a while it makes you a good Football Coach?

I guess you also voted for Bob Dole, John McCain, and John Kerry then?

I'm a Swiftleg Veteran For Truth and I was there that play. That was no broken leg. He faked the injury so he could sit out and get out of the trenches. Then he had the gaul to go speak about leg injuries. He's a traitor to those of us who really suffered leg injuries. TREASON!!

Skip Towne
01-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I got my feelings hurt one time but I kept playing.

tiptap
01-20-2006, 02:33 PM
He played at the Univ. of Missouri. And his leg break while with the Cleaveland (Ravens) was pretty bad back in the 70's. Dave Johnston teaches high school chemistry in Spfd. MO. His son was on the state 3A football champions a few years ago.

Frankie
01-20-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm a Swiftleg Veteran For Truth and I was there that play. That was no broken leg. He faked the injury so he could sit out and get out of the trenches. Then he had the gaul to go speak about leg injuries. He's a traitor to those of us who really suffered leg injuries. TREASON!!
ROFL

Rain Man
01-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Youngblood playing the Superbowl on a broken leg is still the most absurd display of toughness I've ever seen/heard about on a football field.

We always hear about that, but I'd like to know more about it. Was it a classic broken leg where the bone was fractured? If so, it seems like he would've been nearly immobile. I've always suspected that it was just a stress fracture, which, while it could certainly snap, is not often that painful. A friend of mine walked around with a stress fracture in his leg for months before finally getting it checked out, and he said it wasn't that painful, just irritating. Once it was diagnosed, though, he had his leg in a cast for a couple of months.

tk13
01-20-2006, 02:53 PM
He's supposedly a pretty fiery coach, too, at least from the stories people tell on here...

Fish
01-20-2006, 03:07 PM
He's no Chuck Norris................

mikey23545
01-20-2006, 03:10 PM
We always hear about that, but I'd like to know more about it. Was it a classic broken leg where the bone was fractured? If so, it seems like he would've been nearly immobile. I've always suspected that it was just a stress fracture, which, while it could certainly snap, is not often that painful. A friend of mine walked around with a stress fracture in his leg for months before finally getting it checked out, and he said it wasn't that painful, just irritating. Once it was diagnosed, though, he had his leg in a cast for a couple of months.

No, it was broken. If you had paid attention in anatomy class you would remember that the lower leg has two bones. One was broken (terribly painful) the other made it possible for him to play that day....

His teammates were in disbelief of the toughness he showed that day...

penchief
01-20-2006, 03:13 PM
He's no Chuck Norris................

I heard that Tim Krumrie once drank a gallon of diesel fuel mixed in a blender with ice and a quart of magic mushrooms. After sleeping it off for two months he awoke and was quoted as saying, "all in all, I prefer rum and diet pepsi."