View Full Version : Sean LaChapelle is in the Claymores HOF

|Zach|
01-20-2006, 01:24 PM
http://claymores.com/team/hof/lachapelle.php

http://claymores.com/team/hof/images/lachapelle.jpg

SEAN LACHAPELLE
Wide Reciever
Inducted in 2000

Allocated from the Kansas City Chiefs, SEAN LaCHAPELLE starred with the Claymores as a wide receiver during the 1996 season. During that campaign he recorded an impressive 47 catches for a stunning 1,023 yards (most in a World League season) and a League record average gain of 21.8 yards and seven touchdowns, ranking him second in Claymores All-Time receiving statistics.

LaChapelle was robbed of a chance to star in the World Bowl when injury forced him out of the game in the first half. He returned to the Chiefs where he helped take Marty Schottenheimer's side into the playoffs. Sean has now retired from football.

Number: 88
Height: 6-3
Weight: 205
Birthdate: 7/29/70
College: UCLA
How Acquired: NFL/Chiefs
Years Played: 1996

|Zach|
01-20-2006, 01:25 PM
King of the Hill: KC back roars for 3 TDs
By Bob Berghaus
of the Journal Sentinel staff

Nov. 10, 1996
Kansas City, Mo. -- Two weeks ago, the Kansas City Chiefs didn't activate running back Greg Hill for their game against the Denver Broncos.

Maybe it's only a coincidence, but Hill has had his best two games of the season after that demotion.

Hill, who scored twice last week in a victory over Minnesota, had a career-high three touchdowns Sunday in the Chiefs' 27-20 victory over the Green Bay Packers.

Becoming more of a focal point in the offense than veteran Marcus Allen, Hill scored on runs of 8 and 24 yards and on a 34-yard pass from Steve Bono. He finished with 94 yards rushing in 14 carries, indicating that he may never have to worry about being inactive again.

"It bothered me because I'm a competitor," Hill said in a soft voice when asked about the game he spent in street clothes.

When asked if it served as motivation, Hill said, "I'm just trying the best I can."

He used a nice combination of speed and strength to keep the Packers off balance all day. On his 8-yard touchdown run, Hill carried Eugene Robinson the final yards into the end zone. On the 24-yard scamper, which gave the Chiefs a 26-6 lead early in the third quarter, he ran through Craig Newsome and Tyrone Williams, both of whom had Hill in their grasp before he reached the end zone.

"What has happened is Greg has confidence in what he's doing," Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer said. "There's a certain excitement generated when he gets in and gets going for the entire blocking unit. We will continue to give him a chance to play."

Hill gave credit to his offensive line, which exploded off the ball all day and dominated the Packers' front four.

"The offensive line was something special today," said Hill, who came into the game with 266 yards in 62 carries, a 4.3-yard average. "The offensive line blocked well, and so did the receivers downfield. Basically, I could pick and choose where I wanted to go because our whole team is committed to blocking."

Added Chiefs guard Dave Szott: "We were more efficient in our blocking. They really didn't bring eight men down into the count like a lot of teams have been doing against us. We didn't have to make many adjustments there."

Szott also had plenty of praise for Hill.

"Greg Hill's not an inside runner, but he really hit some seams today and didn't make his cuts until he got deep into the secondary. He was really outstanding today."

Injuries a problem
Chiefs cornerback James Hasty believes the Packers' mounting injuries to their receivers could keep them from the Super Bowl.

"It might be hard to overcome," he said. "They're still a good team, don't get me wrong. But the way they're losing their guys, it's not good. It's going to be tough for them."

Tight end Mark Chmura became the Packers' latest casualty on Sunday and could miss up to four weeks. Robert Brooks is out for the season, and Antonio Freeman is out at least two more weeks with a broken forearm.

"Freeman and Brooks were scoring most of their touchdowns, and now (Mark) Chmura went down," Chiefs linebacker Anthony Davis said. "Now they have to change their whole philosophy on offense."

Chiefs safety Mark Collins, on the Packers' Super Bowl chances, said: "They still have excellent play calling, and the defense is excellent. They're still a formidable team and capable of making it to the Super Bowl."

Change in plans
The Chiefs had planned all week to try a long pass on one of their first plays against the Packers. They were successful as Steve Bono hooked up for a 69-yard gain with Sean LaChapelle on Kansas City's first play from scrimmage.

LaChapelle, though, wasn't the original target.

"We had been working on doing it with the tight end," he said. "But Marty (Schottenheimer) came up to me this morning and told me the play was going to me."

The play was the Chiefs' longest of the season and the team's longest pass play in four seasons.

Moving up
Allen, who rushed 10 times for 48 yards, moved into sixth place for most career rushing yards with 11,369. He passed John Riggins, who is seventh with 11,352.

Next for Allen is Franco Harris, who is the NFL's fifth all-time leading rusher, with 12,120 yards.

Allen still needs a touchdown to become the NFL's career leader for rushing touchdowns and a catch to become the league's all-time leader in catches by a running back. He and Walter Payton are tied for first in touchdowns with 110, and he and Roger Craig are first in catches with 566.

Allen became the first running back to play in 200 games.

Hoover
01-20-2006, 01:26 PM
I remember that big pass he caught vs the Packers at Arrowhead the year the Pack won the SB.

Thats about it though