PDA

View Full Version : Wilbon and Kornheiser slurping up Incestco

Reaper16
01-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Both clearly stated that Denver has the best home field advantage in the NFL. :shake:

htismaqe
01-20-2006, 04:33 PM
I don't think they're wrong.

kcxiv
01-20-2006, 04:34 PM
I agree with that. If not Denver then who? Please dont say the Chiefs, becuase dominate home teams dont lose 17 point leads.

Reaper16
01-20-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree with that. If not Denver then who? Please dont say the Chiefs, becuase dominate home teams dont lose 17 point leads.
That's completely on the team, not the venue.

Simplex3
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
You know, I'm about sick of these f**king media queers and their "X is the best in the NFL" crap. Every game I watch is in the loudest stadium, with the best crowd, who showed up to tailgate the earliest, all the while being the most knowledgeable fans. It's all bulls**t.

Now, *IF* what they were saying is that Dungver is the most skewed home/away team in the league this year, they may be right. Nobody shined at home and sucked on the road like they did this year.

Eleazar
01-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Kornholer is the stupidest sports media clown in history.

Forever the odds-on favorite's bimbo

FAX
01-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Homer that I am, I have to agree that Incesco represents the best home field advantage ... all other factors being equal.

I have come to believe that it is a combination of the altitude and the fact the visiting players believe that the altitude is affecting them.

FAX THE HATES TO ADMIT THIS

vailpass
01-20-2006, 04:40 PM
You know, I'm about sick of these f**king media queers and their "X is the best in the NFL" crap. Every game I watch is in the loudest stadium, with the best crowd, who showed up to tailgate the earliest, all the while being the most knowledgeable fans. It's all bulls**t.

Now, *IF* what they were saying is that Dungver is the most skewed home/away team in the league this year, they may be right. Nobody shined at home and sucked on the road like they did this year.

How does any part of a 13-3 season suck, either at home or on the road? Not talking smack here, serious question. Miami kicked Denver's ass, Giants won on a last second score, Chiefs beat the Broncos by a few points at Arrowhead in December. Where is the suckage?

Kerberos
01-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Nobody shined at home and sucked on the road like they did this year.

I'm pretty sure we were right up there with them sucking on the road.

IE: remember Buffalo, Giants and Dallas. not to mention the loss at Incesto and to da chargers.

We sucked pretty bad!

JBucc
01-20-2006, 04:44 PM
THE ALDITUDE IT'S THE ALDITUDE YOU GYUZZZ!!!1!1 ~Woody Paige

Simplex3
I'm pretty sure we were right up there with them sucking on the road.

IE: remember Buffalo, Giants and Dallas. not to mention the loss at Incesto and to da chargers.

We sucked pretty bad!

Yes, but we sucked at home, too.

Denver looked great at home but was a completely different team on the road.

HolmeZz
Denver probably does have the best home field advantage. It has a lot more to do with location and everything than the actual atmosphere inside the stadium though.

OldNo7
01-20-2006, 04:46 PM

You might be thinking of past Bronco teams. This one laid one egg on the road (at Miami). The Giants game was a phenomenal comeback by Little Brother, and at Arrowhead they had the lead in the fourth. They won tough road games at Dallas, at Jacksonville, at Buffalo in December, and at San Diego while resting the starters.

Arrowhead is the best homefield advantage in the NFL, but this year's Broncos use their homefield more than the rest.

RealSNR
01-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Of course they have the best homefield advantage in the NFL. They have the officials on their side. EVERY GAME is homefield to them

listopencil
01-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Denver does have the best HFA in the NFL. Also the NHL, MLB and NBA if I remember corectly. The difference in records home vs. away is a fact. Through good years and crappy years you can track it. It was expressed as a percentage in a Monday night game graphic a few years back.

Simplex3
01-20-2006, 04:53 PM
You might be thinking of past Bronco teams. This one laid one egg on the road (at Miami). The Giants game was a phenomenal comeback by Little Brother, and at Arrowhead they had the lead in the fourth. They won tough road games at Dallas, at Jacksonville, at Buffalo in December, and at San Diego while resting the starters.

Arrowhead is the best homefield advantage in the NFL, but this year's Broncos use their homefield more than the rest.
* Miami sucked. A good road team would have pounded them.
* The words "phenomenal" and "Eli" should never be used together without "bust". The Giants sucked this year, too. Never should have been a game.
* Neither Dallas or Jacksonville played well against good teams.
* Buffalo sucked. Beating them anywhere, any time is no feat.
* San Diego spent the entire year collapsing when it mattered. That game didn't matter.

I disagree that any stadium is the "best homefield advantage". I think it depends heavily on the team's winning percentage, the team they're playing, etc.

The point I'm trying to make about the Browncos this year is that I think they may well have been the team most different at home vs on the road, meaning that Incestco WOULD have been the best home field advantage this year.

listopencil
01-20-2006, 04:55 PM
This is one of the two reasons I was rooting for the Steelers. I was hoping to avoid an asskicking by the Colts at the RCA dome for one, and everyone else would have to come to Denver.

kcxiv
01-20-2006, 04:57 PM
That's completely on the team, not the venue.We still had the advantage and we still blew it.

Mile High Mania
01-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Denver was 8-0 at home and 5-3 on the road in the regular season, losing in Miami - NY - KC.

Denver lost on the road to three teams that each had 9 or more wins to end the season. Yeah, I see your point.

kcxiv
01-20-2006, 05:01 PM
How does any part of a 13-3 season suck, either at home or on the road? Not talking smack here, serious question. Miami kicked Denver's ass, Giants won on a last second score, Chiefs beat the Broncos by a few points at Arrowhead in December. Where is the suckage?
There is none, but some fans dont wanna see the truth. There is so many homers on any Teams website, you know damn well not many of them will admit it.

Mile High Mania
01-20-2006, 05:02 PM

Losing to Buffalo is a hell of a feat though, anywhere anytime...

listopencil
01-20-2006, 05:02 PM
* Miami sucked. A good road team would have pounded them.

Yes, we played like crap.

* The words "phenomenal" and "Eli" should never be used together without "bust". The Giants sucked this year, too. Never should have been a game.

Go watch the game if you can. Eli was nails in that game.

* Neither Dallas or Jacksonville played well against good teams.

Dallas on Thanksgiving. The Broncos historically play crappy in Florida. Both tough wins for us.

Agreed. Buffalo sucked.

* San Diego spent the entire year collapsing when it mattered. That game didn't matter.

Yes, SD had a crap year.

*The point I'm trying to make about the Browncos this year is that I think they may well have been the team most different at home vs on the road, meaning that Incestco WOULD have been the best home field advantage this year.

Get over it. We picked up some ex-Browns and they are playing well. KC could have done the same thing but didn't want to take the risk.

John Matrix
01-20-2006, 05:09 PM
The Rockies have the best HFA in MLB

LMFAO

vailpass
01-20-2006, 05:12 PM
There is none, but some fans dont wanna see the truth. There is so many homers on any Teams website, you know damn well not many of them will admit it.

Thank you for the reality check.

vailpass
01-20-2006, 05:14 PM
The Rockies have the best HFA in MLB

LMFAO

YOu have obviously never been to Coors Field for a summer day game when school is out. There are an absolute boatload of
Hot Female Asses to look at. I'd say its a definite advantage.

Simplex3
01-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Losing to Buffalo is a hell of a feat though, anywhere anytime...
I agree completely.

ChiefFripp
01-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Players from visiting teams just can't keep their head in the game when they see so many backwoods, inscest loving, uncle-f#cking, inbred hicks courting their Moms at a football game when they go to Incesto. I have been there and I can see why visiting teams are too disgusted to keep their heads in the game. I had to paint myself black just so those mountain bred retards wouldn't think I was a relative and try to pick up on me.

Seriously, when I go to Incesto I get asked if my clothes were " store bought' " like 50 times.

vailpass
01-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Players from visiting teams just can't keep their head in the game when they see so many backwoods, inscest loving, uncle-f#cking, inbred hicks courting their Moms at a football game when they go to Incesto. I have been there and I can see why visiting teams are too disgusted to keep their heads in the game. I had to paint myself black just so those mountain bred retards wouldn't think I was a relative and try to pick up on me.

Seriously, when I go to Incesto I get asked if my clothes were " store bought' " like 50 times.

Oh yes Jethro you sure are a city slicker; why I bet all the girls down at Possum Creek think you're the manliest hunk in 6th grade.
Priceless.

StcChief
01-20-2006, 07:54 PM
5000 ft up is different. That's the biggest advantage.

Logical
01-21-2006, 12:24 AM

I take it you don't watch the Chiefs?

SoCalBronco
01-21-2006, 12:34 AM
I dont think anyone clearly has the best homefield advantage in the league. Denver, on the whole, since the 70s has been the best team in the league at home, and generally speaking, in the post-elway years they have maintained a good record at home, but until this year it hasnt been great. They've gone 6-2 mostly with some 5-3 sprinkled in these last 7 years since the Super Bowl. Pretty good, but not the best, until this year's (current) 9-0 mark. I'd say there are a group of elite home field advantages (in no particular order): Green Bay, Denver, Kansas City and Indianapolis. Miami's pretty tough to beat down there in the first two months of the year when that heat is oppressive, as well, although I wouldnt say they are in the elite echeleon of consistently good home teams.

Joe Seahawk
01-21-2006, 12:52 AM
:clap:

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:46 AM
:clap:Seattle is certainly making their case this year. Their rain is Denver's altitude.

Denver has a significant HFA. The altitude is what puts them over the top. Their fans are rabid, but no more than any of the other well supported teams in the NFL.

KC Jones
01-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Seattle is certainly making their case this year. Their rain is Denver's altitude.

Denver has a significant HFA. The altitude is what puts them over the top. Their fans are rabid, but no more than any of the other well supported teams in the NFL.

Yep. The fans are almost as loud as anywhere else and the new pile high was designed to help recreate the ability to stomp on metal stands to really get the noise going. It's the altitude that helps most though. Maybe the Florida teams have a bigger environmental edge in August and September, but the altitude is there year round.

redfan
01-21-2006, 10:51 AM
The suck all the O2 out of the air in Den. I would equate it to playing an Atlantis team on their home field (underwater). Oh, you can't breathe underwater? Well, that's just too bad.
Take a look a CU's home field adv., or the Lobos, or ANY team that plays home games at altitude. Yup, it makes a diff. Visiting teams should spend a whole week in altitude tents to make up the difference.

Taco John
01-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Nobody shined at home and sucked on the road like they did this year.

Are you high on smack? We went 5-3 on the road this year. We went 13-3 overall. We lost to three teams this year: KC in KC. Miami in Miami. New York in New York.

How does this equate to "sucked on the road."

Coach
01-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Best home field advantage my ass. Heh heh.

ROFL

Smed1065
01-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I agree they had the best advantage and a bunch of quitters on the field. Ok I agree it was just jake the snake-bitten one.

phxchief
01-22-2006, 05:35 PM
They might have the best overall advantage, but it's a shame for the Broncos that the conditions count for so much of that.

Their fans are pathetic. Don't hold a freaking candle to ours or the Packers, Browns and such teams.

phxchief
01-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Give KC Seattle's home-schedule and we COAST to 8-0 in that department.

Flip it and Seattle loses 2 games, assuming kickers don't keep bailing them out.