PDA

View Full Version : Chris McAllister may be available this year

RedThat
01-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Ravens | McAlister might not be with team for 2006 season
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:05:15 -0800

Mike Preston, of the
Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick recently warned team officials that CB Chris McAlister might not be with the team for the 2006 season. McAlister has five years left on his contract worth $36 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus in October of 2004 and another $7.5 million during the spring of 2005.

Ravens | Demps not likely to return to team
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:04:55 -0800

Mike Preston, of the
Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens S Will Demps will not likely be re-signed by the team for the 2006 season.

*Those are some pretty damn good DB's

Marco Polo
01-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Don't we need a DL?

htismaqe
01-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Don't we need a DL?

Yes.

We already have our top 5 CB. The idea that we need probowlers at every position, just so that Gunther has some hope of having success, is ridiculous.

JBucc
01-21-2006, 11:38 AM
McAllister
Law
Surtain
Warfield
Madison

lol

milkman
01-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes.

We already have our top 5 CB. The idea that we need probowlers at every position, just so that Gunther has some hope of having success, is ridiculous.

No, the idea that Gunt can have any success without probowlers at almost every position is rediculous.

ArrowheadHawk
01-21-2006, 11:41 AM
McAllister
Law
Surtain
Warfield
Madison

lol
:bong:

RedThat
01-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Don't we need a DL?

Oh yes. Absolutely. DL Should be priority #1.

But there are very few good "DL" available. Anyway we can improve our "DL" is fine with me. Preferably, I like the draft. There are some good lineman in the draft. Especially at the DE position. Sometimes in FA you've got to look at your options, and see, and go with whats best available.

Bowser
01-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Yes.

That was pretty much the recipe for success for Gun in '95.

phxchief
01-21-2006, 12:42 PM
No thanks. Most overrated CB in football.

Rausch
01-21-2006, 12:53 PM

I wouldn't got that far.

He's got a ton of talent but I wouldn't trade for him with that contract.

If he's cut, sure, take a chance on the guy...

RedThat
01-21-2006, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't got that far.

He's got a ton of talent but I wouldn't trade for him with that contract.

If he's cut, sure, take a chance on the guy...

I agree. He is a good player. Plus, he is only 29. 3 years younger than Ty Law.

*He would make our secondary REALLY good

Fat Elvis
01-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Don't we need a DL?

Scanlon can do it.

phxchief
01-21-2006, 01:14 PM
He's a good player.

But he's not close to as good as people make him out.

4th and Long
01-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Ravens | McAlister might not be with team for 2006 season
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:05:15 -0800

Mike Preston, of the
Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick recently warned team officials that CB Chris McAlister might not be with the team for the 2006 season. McAlister has five years left on his contract worth $36 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus in October of 2004 and another $7.5 million during the spring of 2005.
Any ideas where we get the 28.5 million left on that contract to sign him?

We are already a projected $22 million over the cap for next year as it is.

RedThat
01-21-2006, 01:22 PM

Dude, I have no idea. Honestly.

If the Raiders and Broncos can find a way to go out and get players while they were projected to go over the cap, then Im sure we can find a way too.

4th and Long
01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Dude, I have no idea. Honestly.

If the Raiders and Broncos can find a way to go out and get players while they were projected to go over the cap, then Im sure we can find a way too.
*Gasp* Are you comparing us to the Raiders and Broncos? Implying that we should run our team as they do?

GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP ... THEN EAT THE SOAP BAR AFTERWARDS!

NJ Chief Fan
01-21-2006, 01:25 PM

no that title goes to chump bitchley

RedThat
01-21-2006, 01:31 PM
*Gasp* Are you comparing us to the Raiders and Broncos? Implying that we should run our team as they do?

GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP ... THEN EAT THE SOAP BAR AFTERWARDS!

ROFL yeah okay buddy

get it right....Im using them as an example

Chiefs Pantalones
01-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Just say no to the CB that Johnnie Morton owns.

RedThat
01-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Just say no to the CB that Johnnie Morton owns.

Say "YES" to a CB who ran for a 102 yard return against the Donx
:drool:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Say "YES" to a CB who ran for a 102 yard return against the Donx
:drool:

Can Chris rush the passer or stop the run?

Mr. Laz
01-21-2006, 01:43 PM
DE
FS
DT
WR

RedThat
01-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Can Chris rush the passer or stop the run?

No...But he can cover a lot better than Warfield

Chiefs Pantalones
01-21-2006, 01:46 PM

I think the secondary will be better with a better pass rush...

RedThat
01-21-2006, 01:48 PM
I think the secondary will be better with a better pass rush...

I agree...But good CB's help too

Bowser
01-21-2006, 01:55 PM

htismaqe is going to ride you like a toilet seat.

4th and Long
01-21-2006, 02:09 PM
htismaqe is going to ride you like a toilet seat.
I care ... why again?

Basileus777
01-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Demps might be worth a look though, he would be an imrpovement over Wesley.

Toad
01-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Ravens | Demps not likely to return to team
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:04:55 -0800

Mike Preston, of the
Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens S Will Demps will not likely be re-signed by the team for the 2006 season.

Didn't Demps blow a knee?

phxchief
01-22-2006, 01:56 PM
no that title goes to chump bitchley

Bailey gets burned for big plays FAR too often, like McAlister, but where they differ is in the play-making department.

StcChief
01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
DL
Then only at the right price

Mecca
01-22-2006, 02:38 PM
This report in my view is plain and simple bullshit. McAllister just signed that contract, cutting him would result in a giant cap hit for the Ravens.

phxchief
01-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Well, Bailey hasn't made any plays yet, but he got burned by Cedrick freaking Wilson. Embarrassing.

Cherryontop
01-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Please explain how are we gonna pay him..and he just signed a contract last year..if Baltimore is gonna release him..he must have REALLY slipped and from what i see....hes very over rated..hes nice...but not gonna help...im sure u can find a nice cb somewhere cheaper..and spend what we have on Dl...and linebackers first..front 7 is more important by far and yes Warfield stinks....Dont know why Gunner thinks hes the next dale carter..but he stinks!!

Whos Ike TAYLOR..Mc Fadden...they have Troy Palumulu..and no names...New England won with Street guys...How did Surtain really help??not much until we fix the front 7...this isnt like the early 90s where we can jam and cover one on one....the rules are stacked..therefore less importance on corners..more on front 7 than ever...

Im not hating....i just think its a waste to go after high price corners in this era!

PEACE OUT REDBULL....ARE U SERIAL??LOL

jspchief
01-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Please explain how are we gonna pay him..and he just signed a contract last year..if Baltimore is gonna release him..he must have REALLY slipped and from what i see....hes very over rated..hes nice...but not gonna help...im sure u can find a nice cb somewhere cheaper..and spend what we have on Dl...and linebackers first..front 7 is more important by far and yes Warfield stinks....Dont know why Gunner thinks hes the next dale carter..but he stinks!!

Whos Ike TAYLOR..Mc Fadden...they have Troy Palumulu..and no names...New England won with Street guys...How did Surtain really help??not much until we fix the front 7...this isnt like the early 90s where we can jam and cover one on one....the rules are stacked..therefore less importance on corners..more on front 7 than ever...

Im not hating....i just think its a waste to go after high price corners in this era!

PEACE OUT REDBULL....ARE U SERIAL??LOLWhoa. You should sue the school district that taught you punctuation.

B2chiefsfan
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM

:spock:

Say that....again.

Eleazar
01-22-2006, 08:40 PM

RedThat
01-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Whoa. You should sue the school district that taught you punctuation.

ROFL :clap:

RedThat
01-22-2006, 10:32 PM

Choke that teacher of yours please...LOL

Halfcan
01-22-2006, 10:34 PM

So can every other corner out there.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey...teacher...leave them kids alone!

RedThat
01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey...teacher...leave them kids alone!

ROFL ROFL

Wha wha....We all need an education don't we?

RedThat
01-22-2006, 10:39 PM
So can every other corner out there.

Um I think your wrong. You forgot about William Bartee.

Basileus777
01-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I want Rocky Bernard. Anyone else see him today? He will be a RFA and a great pickup for our Dline.

RedThat
01-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I want Rocky Bernard. Anyone else see him today? He will be a RFA and a great pickup for our Dline.

I agree. I watched part of the game, he looked solid. I was surprised.

I think he is an UFA though.

Cherryontop
01-23-2006, 12:34 AM
When was this a freaking grammer board,lol

Home of the Chieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefs!!