PDA

View Full Version : The Genius

jspchief
01-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Mike Shanahan, often described as a "genius" just got taken behind the coaching woodshed. He was out-coached in every phase of the game. :)

Hoover
01-22-2006, 06:41 PM
I agree.

For as good as I thinkg th Steelers are, there is no way they shoudl be able to walk into Invesco and Kick the Shit out of the #2 seed. Talet wise I think the teams are equal, but Pittsburgh for the past 3 weeks has just put the #3, #1, and now #2 AFC seeds through a football clinic. Well Coached team

Hammock Parties
01-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Shanahan's vaunted claim to fame is his running game.

In two playoff games it totaled less than 200 yards.

dirk digler
01-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Yep what I find funny is that many people here said they wouldn't want Cowher here is our HC. He just schooled 3 very good HC's in the playoffs.

jAZ
01-22-2006, 06:54 PM
I agree.

For as good as I thinkg th Steelers are, there is no way they shoudl be able to walk into Invesco and Kick the Shit out of the #2 seed. Talet wise I think the teams are equal, but Pittsburgh for the past 3 weeks has just put the #3, #1, and now #2 AFC seeds through a football clinic. Well Coached team
A good defensive coach can put together a good offensive team. I'm hoping Herm is taking notes.

FringeNC
01-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Shanahan is a genius for winning 14 games with Jake Plummer at QB. Most coaches couldn't win 8.

milkman
01-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Yep what I find funny is that many people here said they wouldn't want Cowher here is our HC. He just schooled 3 very good HC's in the playoffs.

Cowher and his staff have put together good game plans in the playoffs, and have gotten out to leads.

But the fact is, if Jake hadn't thrown away opportunities, Cowher's conservatism could easily have allowed the Donkeys to get back into the game today.

He went into full Martyocre mode at the start of the second half, on both offense and defense.

And it is for that reason that I still wouldn't want him, although I would be happier with him than Hermie.

KCBOSS1
01-22-2006, 07:05 PM

You gotta hand it to the Steelers organization. They've stayed with him all these years, through some bad seasons. No question, If he had been in KC all of these years, a lot of Chiefs Planet guys would have lynched him.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Mike Shanahan, often described as a "genius" just got taken behind the coaching woodshed. He was out-coached in every phase of the game. :)

Dude, hes still pretty damn good. I highly doubt any other coach would have gotten to the AFC Championship game with the "fake" as their QB. He took that team about as far as they could go and then some.

chiefqueen
01-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey don't blame Shanny..............he knew what he was doing.............now he gets a paid trip to Hawaii.

If you had a choice, wouldn't you chose Hawaii over Detroit in February?

jspchief
01-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Dude, hes still pretty damn good. I highly doubt any other coach would have gotten to the AFC Championship game with the "fake" as their QB. He took that team about as far as they could go and then some.I never said he wasn't a good coach.

I was just pointing out that he got outcoached, by a Martyciple no less. His offense had no answer for the blitz, and couldn't run effectively. And his defense was exposed.

That wasn't just about players. The Steelers offensive gameplan left the Broncos clueless. And Denver's pass rush didn't even get Ben's uniform dirty.

For being a genius, he got his ass handed to him.

the Talking Can
01-22-2006, 08:03 PM
he's been outcoached in each playoff game for 3 years...brutally outcoached, and his teams embarrassed from the water boy to the HC...

B_Ambuehl
01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't say he got outcoached as he never had the opportunity to play the original gameplan with 4 turnovers. It did appear Pittsburghs offense had an answer for everything but there were still opportunities for guys on that Denver defense to get turnovers....2 of them on the first drive alone. The difference in the game to me was players. Pittsburgh's players caught the ball when the opposing quarterback threw it to them Denver's didn't. Denver's offensive line could not block either of those outside linebackers but not too many people can.

Halfcan
01-22-2006, 10:07 PM
The Denver Browns Defense had no answer for anything. They have been lucky all year. Jake the Fake will never win a SB. The Rat should retire-he really choked this one away by not making adjustments on either side of the ball.

dirk digler
01-22-2006, 10:11 PM
The Denver Browns Defense had no answer for anything.

You know that is an interesting observation that I thought of during the game. The Steelers have dominated the Browns over the years and they had a huge advantage having played against the Browns D-Line/now Broncos D-Line. The Steeler owned the LOS today and I believe the biggest reason is because they had played against these same players for several seasons now.

tk13
01-22-2006, 10:16 PM
he's been outcoached in each playoff game for 3 years...brutally outcoached, and his teams embarrassed from the water boy to the HC...
By guys from Marty's coaching tree too... Cowher and Dungy... just beat the crap out of him.

morphius
01-22-2006, 10:36 PM
He screwed up as soon as he put the game in Jakes hands. They ran well when they ran, but quickly went to Jake instead. For some reason he must have suddenly believed the hype that Jake may not be an idiot any more. Of course you play a fast team who has studied any tape they know that if the run goes one way the end on the other side needs to go straight up the field and head for Jake.