PDA

View Full Version : Props to Denver's Season

crossbow
01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Got to give the Broncos their due. They won enough games to earn home field for the playoffs. They won their first playoff game and probably would have made it to the Superbowl except the Steelers where just not going to be denied this time.

Jake had a great year. Pittsburg can make lots of quarterbacks look bad. Manning couldn't handle them any better. While watching this game I decided that even as bad as the KC pass defense is. It may not be as bad as it looks. I mean Denver has a great pass rush, linebackers, and a HOF corner but Big Ben picked them apart. So Pittsburg did to Denver what most teams do to KC...just pass all day. Does that look familiar? The NFL got what it wants in more offense.

the Talking Can
01-22-2006, 07:58 PM
are you gay?

Eleazar
01-22-2006, 08:00 PM
:thailor:

Dunit35
01-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Denver gets no props from me. Cheaters never win.

Bowser
01-22-2006, 08:02 PM
If you mean by "Give them props", you are really saying "They can go eat a turd sandwich", I completely agree.

crossbow
01-22-2006, 08:03 PM
are you gay?

Lol, not gay at all. Denver went 13-3 this season. That is a good team. KC has a good team too. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, gone 12-4 with the talent it has. I dunno, injuries and some bad luck was the difference.

Eleazar
01-22-2006, 08:03 PM
I don't remember us getting any props from them when we went 13-3 and choked in the playoffs.

beer bacon
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Jake gets a pass from me. Sure he turned the ball over three times, and he finished with a 66.4 QB rating, but uhhhhh the rest of the team sucked too. He was just trying to fit in.

Bowser
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Lol, not gay at all. Denver went 13-3 this season. That is a good team. KC has a good team too. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, gone 12-4 with the talent it has. I dunno, injuries and some bad luck was the difference.

I like to think that if Surtain holds on to that gift pick/6 in Dallas, we could have well been playing today. But whatever.

the Talking Can
01-22-2006, 08:05 PM

are you a bronco fan?

you're posting this on the wrong forum...

crossbow
01-22-2006, 08:07 PM
I like to think that if Surtain holds on to that gift pick/6 in Dallas, we could have well been playing today. But whatever.

I have to agree that the Dallas game was completely retarded. Chiefs dominated that team totaly and found several ways to give them the win.

crossbow
01-22-2006, 08:12 PM
are you a bronco fan?

you're posting this on the wrong forum...

Not a Bronc-Ho fan at all. Just trying to talk football from an objective point of view. The Chiefs had Warfield out for the first 4 games. Roaf out when they played the Doncs on the road. Trent Green's father passed away.

That was too much bad luck to over come this year. Normaly a 10-6 record gets you in. Bad luck for the Chiefs that it didn't this year.

FloridaMan88
01-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Got to give the Broncos their due. They won enough games to earn home field for the playoffs. They won their first playoff game and probably would have made it to the Superbowl except the Steelers where just not going to be denied this time.

Jake had a great year. Pittsburg can make lots of quarterbacks look bad. Manning couldn't handle them any better. While watching this game I decided that even as bad as the KC pass defense is. It may not be as bad as it looks. I mean Denver has a great pass rush, linebackers, and a HOF corner but Big Ben picked them apart. So Pittsburg did to Denver what most teams do to KC...just pass all day. Does that look familiar? The NFL got what it wants in more offense.

I hope this is an example of you being the "King of Sarcasm"

chiefs4me
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
**** those bronco's and their stuckup fans......:harumph:

OldTownChief
01-22-2006, 08:38 PM
are you gay?

ROFL

crossbow
01-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok, I admit this was a dumb thread. I do have a legitimate excuse though. I slammed some medication to ease my ailing back. What has gotten into me? Geez - Bronc-hos suck! The best part of that game was when they were withing 10 points and had their hopes dashed with a turnover. It was great. I realy enjoyed seeing it.

Hey I feel better already.

Color Red
01-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Absolute agreement about Surtain and the dropped pass in the Dallas game --the single-most, very do-able play that wasn't done that would have changed that game and the season. Ironic, it would have put us in and bumped Pittsburgh.

Denver post-game radio has all the Jake haters out, but I agree with the caller who blamed the offensive line. George Foster's play cost them it seems. If Shanny does to the OL this off season what he did the DL last season, they may make the next step next season...

Katie
01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Are you Kidding? I hate Denver and it was the highlight of the play-off week that Jake got his butt laid out in the Denver turf.

Jake is back to being the Jake that we all know and loathe.

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Yessss, i can feel your hatred. but i will only grow stronger young jedi.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
WTF PEOPLE!!!!111

IT'S PITTSBURGH, NOT PITTSBURG!!

aND It's SUPER BOWL, NOT Superbowl!!!!1111 Major suckage, peoples!!!111one

the Talking Can
01-22-2006, 09:28 PM
If Shanny does to the OL this off season what he did the DL last season, they may make the next step next season...

yeah, their DL came up big against the Steelers...

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:30 PM
yeah, their DL came up big against the Steelers...

One game? come on man. Every media outlet picked Denver to finish dead last in the division this year. Overall the Denver defense has played pretty well today they got beat by a better team.

Frazod
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
F#ck 'em. 4321

the Talking Can
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
One game? come on man. Every media outlet picked Denver to finish dead last in the division this year. Overall the Denver defense has played pretty well today they got beat by a better team.

they were in the playoffs the year before, without the Browns DL..both times they got raped...

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:37 PM
they were in the playoffs the year before, without the Browns DL..both times they got raped...

1) we werent discussing last year's playoff game. 2) did you forget about last week? 3) we went 13-3 playing a very tough schedule and ending with a plus 24 turnover ratio. Yea, we had a bad game so what? I love how you can justify a entire season on one game. lol

WilliamTheIrish
01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't give a Shannarat's ass what they may do with the OL. You can't hide a grossly incompetent QB in the playoffs.

OK, you can. But for only one round. At home.

Bowser
01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
1) we werent discussing last year's playoff game. 2) did you forget about last week? 3) we went 13-3 playing a very tough schedule and ending with a plus 24 turnover ratio. Yea, we had a bad game so what? I love how you can justify a entire season on one game. lol

Now where have I heard this before?

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Now where have I heard this before?

I dont know where?

FAX
01-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Don't let them bother you, Mr. crossbow, they're just ...

... what am I doing?

Are you gay, Mr. crossbow?

FAX

Bowser
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I dont know where?

Seems like I remember Bronco fan throwing much the same at us after 2003. Ironic, no?

OldTownChief
01-22-2006, 09:46 PM

Your shit team, coach, and QB are exposed.

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Seems like I remember Bronco fan throwing much the same at us after 2003. Ironic, no?

Emm, yes and no. The way i see it we just played a all around bad game and got dominated today. You guys had zero defense all year and just couldnt stop anyone. Plus, unlike with the Broncos the Chiefs were heavily favored to go to the Super Bowl that year anyway. The comparisons between the 05 Denver defense and the 03 Chiefs defense is worlds apart. But i get what your saying to a degree but Denver still at least won 1 game at home this year. If there was any comparison with your defense that year it would have been with the 00 Denver D in which we gave up a lot of points that year. But, we lost on the road to the eventual SB champions. big difference IMO

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Your shit team, coach, and QB are exposed.

Not exposed, outplayed.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2006, 09:49 PM
You guys had zero defense all year and just couldnt stop anyone.

Not true.

beer bacon
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Emm, yes and no. The way i see it we just played a all around bad game and got dominated today. You guys had zero defense all year and just couldnt stop anyone. Plus, unlike with the Broncos the Chiefs were heavily favored to go to the Super Bowl that year anyway. The comparisons between the 05 Denver defense and the 03 Chiefs defense is worlds apart. But i get what your saying to a degree but Denver still at least won 1 game at home this year. If there was any comparison with your defense that year it would have been with the 00 Denver D in which we gave up a lot of points that year. But, we lost on the road to the eventual SB champions. big difference IMO

Another difference is that the Chiefs actually still kept the game close, and if one thing would have happened, namely Priest not fumbling the ball on a 50+ yard run, we would have had a very good chance at winning. For Denver to win today, they would have needed a multitude of things to go their way. For example, a new QB, O-line, and pass defense.

FAX
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM

donkey - speak for "Referree prices have gone up."

FAX

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Not true.

Very true, you guys averaged 35 points a game on Offense yet allowed a whopping 25 to your opponents. you guys did have some opportunistic plays on defense that year but then started losing them opportunities towards the end of the year. You then gave up 38 points at home in the playoff game.

Rausch
01-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Got to give the Broncos their due.

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 09:55 PM
donkey - speak for "Referree prices have gone up."

FAX

Yea, i especially liked that Ref who intercepted Brady to change momentum. he was fast wasnt he?

beer bacon
01-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Very true, you guys averaged 35 points a game on Offense yet allowed a whopping 25 to your opponents. you guys did have some opportunistic plays on defense that year but then started losing them opportunities towards the end of the year. You then gave up 38 points at home in the playoff game.

Half right. We were right in the middle of the pack on defense giving up 20.8 ppg, and we led the league on scoring offense at 30.2 ppg. We were basically the equivalent of the 2005 Bengals. When the turnovers dried up our defensive weaknesses, which was basically our entire defense, were revealed.

Anubis_Zyklon
Goddamn Rausch, no need to bring up your nightlife here on a public board mate. lol your just freaky dude.

Hammock Parties
Very true, you guys averaged 35 points a game on Offense yet allowed a whopping 25 to your opponents.

Wrong again.

Anubis_Zyklon
Half right. We were right in the middle of the pack on defense giving up 20.8 ppg, and we led the league on scoring offense at 30.2 ppg. We were basically the same as Cinci was this season. When the turnovers dried up our defensive weaknesses, which was basically our entire defense, was revealed.

Fair enough.

Rausch
01-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Goddamn Rausch, no need to bring up your nightlife here on a public board mate. lol your just freaky dude.

Plenty of room in the hot tub, ozone breather...Embrace your inner-Plummer... :)

Anubis_Zyklon
01-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Plenty of room in the hot tub, ozone breather...Embrace your inner-Plummer... :)

ROFL

greg63
01-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Here ya go.

Nzoner
01-22-2006, 10:18 PM
F#ck 'em. 4321

What he said x 10

savedin79
01-23-2006, 01:51 AM
No props to the enemy.

Wichita Lineman
01-23-2006, 07:18 AM
You should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. And for those of you who don't know what that is then let us say this person should be dunked in puke rolled in shit and paraded down every main street in town.