PDA

View Full Version : The Lamar Hunt trophy and Lamar Hunt

ck_IN
01-22-2006, 08:28 PM
While watching Dan Rooney receive the Lamar Hunt trophy I found myself questioning if Lamar Hunt cares about getting his own trophy.

The Chiefs have fielded some good teams but they always seemed to come up short. The one constant has been Peterson who's own constant has been that he's filled the seats and put money in Hunt's pocket.

Maybe it's been bad luck. Maybe it's been that elusive one extra player. Maybe it's been coaches. I don't know but I do wonder. Your take fellow Planeteers?

Dunit35
01-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Bad luck. Sometimes teams have to get some luck on their side. Oh and Peterson is more concerned about the money.

Messier
01-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Peterson has an ego the size of the national debt. What would feed his ego more than anything else? Right a superbowl. He wants to win very badly you must assume based on who he is.

milkman
01-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I think it has to do with Carl's selection of HCs over the years.

Everything else is just a side affect of that choice.

ck_IN
01-22-2006, 08:56 PM
But I wonder if it's deeper then that. Personaly I'm flirting with the idea that Hunt is an absentee landlord and Carl is his superintendant.

Brock
01-22-2006, 08:59 PM
But I wonder if it's deeper then that. Personaly I'm flirting with the idea that Hunt is an absentee landlord and Carl is his superintendant.

This is true. I don't blame Lamar, though. He's very old and his health is failing. I expect his son will make some changes when he takes things over.

crossbow
01-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Bad luck. Sometimes teams have to get some luck on their side. Oh and Peterson is more concerned about the money.

Bad luck for sure but some realy stupid draft picks didn't help.

ck_IN
01-22-2006, 10:09 PM
bump for the day crew