PDA

View Full Version : Something I just realized last night about Seattle and Pitt.

donkhater
01-23-2006, 06:48 AM
If Pittsburgh wins the Super Bowl, they will have beaten the #1, #2 and #3 seeds in the AFC AND the #1 in the NFC.

If Seattle wins the Super Bowl, they will have beaten the #6 and #5 seeds in the NFC and the #6 seed in the AFC.

Talk about two different paths.

JBucc
01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Pittsburgh is a lot better than the sixth seed they just lost a few more than they should have because of Roethlisberger being injured most of the year. Tommy Maddox single-handedly threw away that game against Jacksonville.

HMc
01-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Are you suggesting that it's less impressive if Seattle wins?. If Seattle beats Pitt, then they've beaten the 6th seed NFC (you can win the games you play), the team that beat the 2nd seed NFC team, and the team that beat the 1, 2, and 3 AFC seeds.

Skip Towne
01-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Anybody know wha the betting line is for the SB?

donkhater
01-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Are you suggesting that it's less impressive if Seattle wins?. If Seattle beats Pitt, then they've beaten the 6th seed NFC (you can win the games you play), the team that beat the 2nd seed NFC team, and the team that beat the 1, 2, and 3 AFC seeds.
No. I'm just saying, that based on SEEDINGS, Seattle will have played the absolute easiest possible playoof schedule to a Super Bowl win and Pittsburgh will have played the absolute toughest.

EVER.

Hoover
01-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I think ther Seahawks would have been the #2 seed in the AFC, if they still were in the AFC.

They are a complete team.

HMc
01-23-2006, 09:23 AM

Betfair has it at Seahawks +3.5. I assume that reflects what's coming out of vegas (or wherever).

PHOG
01-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Pittsburgh -4.0 O/U 47

This is from Foxsports.com

HMc
01-23-2006, 09:25 AM
No. I'm just saying, that based on SEEDINGS, Seattle will have played the absolute easiest possible playoof schedule to a Super Bowl win and Pittsburgh will have played the absolute toughest.

EVER.

Right. No 6th seed has made it to the Superbowl.

Simply Red
01-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Betfair has it at Seahawks +3.5. I assume that reflects what's coming out of vegas (or wherever).

Possibly, Maybe. Okay, I don't know!

bkkcoh
01-23-2006, 09:43 AM

EVER.

As it should be for the #1 seed, likewise as it should for the #6 seed....

picasso
01-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I think ther Seahawks would have been the #2 seed in the AFC, if they still were in the AFC.

They are a complete team.

No they are not.
The easiest divison, the easiest conference, the easiest schedule and the easiest post season schedule at home no less. Carolina beat themselves and were on their 4th RB for that game. It was a gimmie.
The middle of the field was open the whole game but the Pathers wouldn't dink the ball over the middle. Once they did they started to click then Delhomme would throw a 20 yard pass into cover 2 on 3rd and short. Pathers beat themselves.