PDA

View Full Version : Seattle has gone nuts

Braincase
01-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Got into Seattle last night, and headed downtown to my hotel. This town has gone bonkers. Drunk, screaming, emancipated Seahawks fans flinging there beers when they talk and everybody giddy as a freakin' wallflower with a date to the prom with the captain of the football team. Saw Dave Krieg in the lobby of the Westin last night... he was the only one that wasn't acting like a complete idiot.

I can root for the Seahawks, no problem.

Oh, and CARL - this is every other team from the old AFC West has now gone to the Superbowl in your tenure. Ass.

Skip Towne
01-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Has Seattle ever won anything? I'm glad for them.

BigChiefFan
01-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Congrats, to Seattle. Another year, another Chiefs early exit.

MOhillbilly
01-23-2006, 10:07 AM
must be nice.

CanadianChief
01-23-2006, 10:14 AM
They might as well celebrate now because I don't think they'll have much to cheer about come Superbowl Sunday. I think the Steelers will be way too much for them the handle. After knocking off the number 1, 2, and 3 seeds doesn't Pittsburgh deserve the Superbowl by default???

Frosty
01-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Has Seattle ever won anything? I'm glad for them.

Not since 1979 (Sonics) unless you count the Washington Huskies national championship in the early 90's.

Unless the Steelers take out Hasselbeck's knee, the game will be a lot closer than some on here seem to think.

Sandyskc
01-23-2006, 12:16 PM
I hope we can celebrate like that here someday.

MahiMike
01-23-2006, 12:18 PM
The whole time I watched that game I wished I could have been there. Those fans experienced something very special. All those screaming people waving their towels and the owner raising the '12' flag, it brought a tear to my eye. A real 'proud to be American' feeling. Even the American Idol chick was moved by the moment.

Congrats Seattle!

greg63
01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Alas as a Chiefs fan I can only imagine what Kansas City would be like to have won the right to go to the Super Bowl.

Sure-Oz
01-23-2006, 12:59 PM
I am rooting for either, it wont matter, it would be cool to see Seattle win their first.

KCTitus
01-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Good for Seattle. I remember the glory years (before Peterson) in the 70's and 80's when KC was making regular SB runs. I hope someday, Lamar will wise up and get rid of Carl, so KC can start going back to the SB as regularly as they did prior to his arrival.

Cormac
01-23-2006, 01:07 PM
This is a "feel-good" Superbowl. It's a great matchup. For once, most NFL fans like both teams, to some degree. There is none of the "I hate the Cowboys, or 9ers" or "I'm so sick of Belichick and Brady" factor. Both teams deserve to be there. It will be fun to watch.

I don't really care who wins either. I'd be happy for Seattle and the players, but I think I'd just prefer to see Cowher and Bettis get their ring.

:hmmm:

Seek
01-23-2006, 01:17 PM
What happens after the lose? Will they become so depressed that they loot and burn the city.

tomahawk kid
01-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Alas as a Chiefs fan I can only imagine what Kansas City would be like to have won the right to go to the Super Bowl.

Picture Chicago after the Bulls beat the Pistons to go to the finals.........x10.

BigChiefFan
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Good for Seattle. I remember the glory years (before Peterson) in the 70's and 80's when KC was making regular SB runs. I hope someday, Lamar will wise up and get rid of Carl, so KC can start going back to the SB as regularly as they did prior to his arrival.
We've been to more Super bowls PRIOR to Peterson's arrival, than since his arrival. Don't forget that.

Big Dog
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
You come back to the office wearing some frickin seagull and I'll kick your a$$ :cuss:

KCTitus
01-23-2006, 02:38 PM
We've been to more Super bowls PRIOR to Peterson's arrival, than since his arrival. Don't forget that.

LOL...I believe that's what I said.

redfan
01-23-2006, 04:35 PM
... This town has gone bonkers. Drunk, screaming, emancipated Seahawks fans flinging there beers when they talk and everybody giddy as a freakin' wallflower with a date to the prom with the captain of the football team...

Oh, and CARL - this is every other team from the old AFC West has now gone to the Superbowl in your tenure. Ass.

Boy golly, wouldn't that be sumpin'?
"To dream, the impossible dream..."
CP is the Man of la Mancha...

kcfanXIII
01-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I hope we can celebrate like that here someday.
that will be the only time i ever go to westport again. just so i canget arrested. then i'll frame the paper work, and say to everyone "look, we really went to the super bowl, here's my proof."

Halfcan
01-23-2006, 04:40 PM
Seattle is a great city. I was there this summer and really enjoyed it. They deserve to be in the SB that is for sure-they played one hell of a game.

Mecca
01-23-2006, 04:44 PM
I think Seattles going to win the Bowl.......Their offense is one of the best in the league and thier defense is stepping up big now.

Sandyskc
01-23-2006, 08:26 PM
You come back to the office wearing some frickin seagull and I'll kick your a$$ :cuss:

I'd buy a ticket for that one!

BigOlChiefsfan
01-23-2006, 09:23 PM
What happens after the lose? Will they become so depressed that they loot and burn the city.

Naw, they're not Denver. They'll just put Kurt Cobains ashes on their foreheads, wear plaid flannel sackcloth in mourning, blame the Bush administration for all dropped passes. If it's humanly possible, they'll recount votes in King County.

Frosty
01-24-2006, 07:37 AM
If it's humanly possible, they'll recount votes in King County.

ROFL

If the Superbowl was in King County, the Seahawks would win for sure.

"We are now re-recounting the touchdowns. We have found two extra touchdowns in the down stairs bathroom, so it looks good for the Hawks."

Braincase
01-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Based on what I've been hearing at the hotel, the maternity ward at Seattle General is going to have alot of bidness come October.

redfan
01-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Doesn't the Microsoft guy (Allen?) own part of the Seahawks?

pikesome
01-24-2006, 10:54 AM

Probably start their heroin habit back up. On serious note, I normally am a Steelers fan in situations like this but it would be nice to see the Chickens finally get a SB win. The Steelers have their fair share and with the attitude in Seattle its hard not to root for them. I just hope its a good game unlike some of the past Super Bowls.

greg63
01-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Picture Chicago after the Bulls beat the Pistons to go to the finals.........x10.

ROFLROFLROFL

The police would have much work to do.