PDA

View Full Version : Will Mondays Paper Read.....

gonzo88
10-19-2000, 11:15 AM
"Arrowhead crowd a non factor; Warner audibles all day and leads Rams to victory."

You guys have to admitt, the crowd at the raider game was totaly weak and lame. At one time I thought I could hear crickets chirping on the field as gannon led the raiders to a score.

------------------
gonzo88

Cannibal
10-19-2000, 11:19 AM
So you think the reason the Chiefs lost to the Gaydas was because the crowd wasn't loud enough?

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 10-19-2000).]

gonzo88
10-19-2000, 11:24 AM
That is a good part of the reason. Plus, our defense was giving up the but all day like a blue light special hooker. I guess that could have something to do with the crowd noise problem though.

------------------
gonzo88

chief mohawk
10-19-2000, 11:29 AM
gonzo88 has a point about the crowd, it was not as loud as it should be for a raiders game. I also seen alot of people sitting and not standing up and making any noise! it really made me mad when i seen some old dude and his wife sitting there doing nothing when a real football and chiefs fan could be at the game making some noise instead of some rich old dude that just wants to go to the game just because it's the place to be seen!

ROYC75
10-19-2000, 11:30 AM
The crowd is going to have to be there to help! We have to rely on the crowd to help make it hard for Warner to change plays! I live out of state and depend on you guys to help!GO CROWD,GO CHIEFS!

Cannibal
10-19-2000, 11:36 AM
I think the reason we lost the game is because the Chiefs only scored 17 points at home against a pretty bad Oakland Defense.

But I guess another reason would be that our D playcalling was horrible.

Give the crowd something to cheer for and they will. They probably get tired of yelling when it obviously isn't helping. Because no matter how much they yell, good teams can still move the ball on this D.

chief mohawk
10-19-2000, 11:36 AM
I live out in western kansas and cant get to kc that much. I use to live in kc and know what it is like to feed off of that home crowd energy and it is a shame that alot of true chief fans cant go to games or get season tickets because others that are not real football fans can take it or leave it when it comes to going there and cheering the home team on.

gonzo88
10-19-2000, 11:38 AM
Mohawk, I sat behind some people just like that at the seahawk game. Ofcourse, they were season ticket holders and had been "fans" since the 60's (that's what they all say). Every time our team made a mistake, they sure got vocal about it. But, when we scored a touchdown, they just sat there and ate their pretzels. Eventually, they left because they felt for sure we were going to lose. We stayed and cheered our team on to a victory! I'm glad those losers left because they were bringing down my Arrowhead experience. Hopefully they will never come back, but I doubt it. They will be sitting in the same seats next year bitching about any possible thing they can find. It's really depressing for me and all my true Chiefs fan friends, who could be sitting in those seats instead.

------------------
gonzo88

chief mohawk
10-19-2000, 11:39 AM
I know that the chiefs will still lose if they dont play well on d or offense but it helps when the crowd is into it all the time.

gonzo88
10-19-2000, 11:44 AM
I don't know what you are talking about cannibal. Every time in the past that the crowd has been really rocking, it has obviously helped! We haven't seen near as many false starts as we used to in the mid 90's. Maybe our offense couldn't get on the field enough because the raider offense was putting together long drive after long drive. How many false starts did they have anyway?

------------------
gonzo88

chief mohawk
10-19-2000, 11:45 AM
gonzo88, i never had season tickets when i lived there but when i got a chance to go to a chiefs game i never knew the people around me but i felt like they were old friends by the time the game was over because we were into this game and we had one common goal and that was to yell our a$$es off to give the team support. you cant bang on the seat in front of you if the guy is sitting down the whole game!

Cannibal
10-19-2000, 11:47 AM
The reason the Raider put together long drive after long drive is because Kurt Schottenheimer was calling soft zone defenses to protect the lead and the two rookies playing in the secondary.

It certainly wasn't because the crowd wasn't loud enough.

This defense just isn't that good.

Clint in Wichita
10-19-2000, 11:48 AM
If the Chiefs are relying on 5 yard false start penalties at home, in a big game, they have lost before the game begins.

RaiderCorporate
10-19-2000, 11:54 AM
Lack of crowd noise probably explains why chiefs didn't score a point in 2nd half versus Raiders. Because the fans weren't screaming loud enough chiefs rolled over and played dead at home.

It's the crowd's fault chiefs lost. Yeah, that makes sense...

Cannibal
10-19-2000, 11:56 AM
Hasty40... I mean Gonzo88,

One of these days you're going to have to realize that the fans are tired of the Chiefs letting them down time after time.

That is reason the fans have become fickle. If they keep losing at home, then we will soon be at the point where the many of the fans will stop going to games all together. Then you can go to the games and have an entire section to yourself. Which should make you happy because then you won't have to endure any bitching, complaining and booing.

It is not the fault of the fans, it is the fault of the Chiefs.

TheFly
10-19-2000, 12:05 PM
Possible headlines:

"CHIEFS DEFENSE ZONED OUT"

"CHIEFS KICK RAMS SILLY"

"STOYO KICKS WINNING FG"

"STOYO FINALLY GIVES CHIEFS VICTORY"

Take your pick or add a few of your own! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif<BR>

Clint in Wichita
10-19-2000, 12:10 PM
"RAMS OFFENSE TEACHES ANAL SEX 101 TO CHIEFS DEFENSE; CUNNINGHAM STILL LOOKING FOR HANDI-WIPE"

TheFly
10-19-2000, 12:13 PM
"WARNER'S WIFE CATCHES WINNING TD PASS!"<BR>

redfan
10-19-2000, 12:18 PM
I've got to say the crowd hasn't been quite up to snuff this year. At the Monday night game, I thought we were in St. Louis it was sooo quiet. Granted I was sitting in the nosebleed seats, but time was when I could count on a pretty good ear buzz even way up there.
It was the same for the Raider game also. I guess the days of the deafening crowd are gone. I won't be there for the Lambs game, so I'll have to judge by TV. Blech!!<P>

mlyonsd
10-19-2000, 12:18 PM
"RAM RECEIVERS POINT TO WARN OUT LEGS AS REASON FOR 4TH QT. WALK OUT"

redfan
10-19-2000, 12:23 PM
I've got to say the crowd hasn't been quite up to snuff this year. At the Monday night game, I thought we were in St. Louis it was sooo quiet. Granted I was sitting in the nosebleed seats, but time was when I could count on a pretty good ear buzz even way up there.
It was the same for the Raider game also. I guess the days of the deafening crowd are gone. I won't be there for the Lambs game, so I'll have to judge by TV. Blech!!

DAMN BACK BUTTON!!!! FRIGGIN' FRACKIN'

[This message has been edited by redhed (edited 10-19-2000).]

ChiefsFanatic
10-21-2000, 02:17 AM
Well, I was at the game and the only thing that made me sick was all the losers who cheered for Gannon when he was introduced.

People, he's a freakin' Raider for God's sake. I wonder what kind of boost the Raiders got for the opening drive because they knew they were being led by a fan favorite....on the damn road.

If you are a Chiefs fan, and you cheer for any member of the opposing team( family excluded)you suck.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

gh4chiefs
10-21-2000, 07:16 AM
I find some of these posts absolutely incredible. We're actually blaming the crowd for the Chiefs poor play on the field? You can't really be serious? It's a joke right? Tell me it's a joke.

------------------
Gary

redsurfer11
10-21-2000, 08:46 AM
Lambs enter the Slaughterhouse.

Archie F. Swin
10-21-2000, 11:48 AM
"STOYANOVICH,RAMS EMBARRASS CHIEFS 6-3"

kcchiefszoo
10-21-2000, 03:32 PM
"WITH ALL THAT MONEY, WARNERS WIFE IS STILL UGLY!"

Durtman
10-21-2000, 04:02 PM
QB grooming statement casts "shadow" on sexual orientation.

Following their 93-10 drubbing of the Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner was embarrassed today to learn that his neatly trimmed "stubble" facial hair look is an out-dated throwback to the popular 80's television show "Miami Vice". Further humiliation ensued when he was mistaken for British pop wanker George Michael. "I'd like to apologize to my fans and to my lord and savior, Jesus Christ for creating any appearance that would portray me as an anachronistic rump ranger." Warner said. Warner vowed to submit to multiple piercings and full body tattoos in order to "get with it" and re-establish his masculine image.

Otter
10-21-2000, 05:43 PM
LOSS TO RAMS CAUSES MAYHAM WITHIN CHIEF'S COACHING STAFF

Despite the 38 points put up by the Chief's offense on Sunday, Kansas City couldn't stop the Rams potent offense because of poor tackling and a soft zone pass defense. Moments after the loss, Chief's head coach Gunther Cunningham was witnessed clunking special teams coach Mike Stock on the head with a kicking tee, squeezing and twisting defensive coordinator Kurt Schottenheimer's nose with a pair of pliers. Immediately after his attack on Stock and Schottenheimer, Cunningham then attempted to poke offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye in the eyes with his middle and index finger. However, Raye defended this attack by positioning his opened hand between his eyes stopping Cunningham's darting fingers inches before they could deliver the intended blow. When questioned about the matter Cunningham would only respond "moe is the leader" and "I think I need some sleep."

[This message has been edited by Otter (edited 10-21-2000).]

PAChief
10-22-2000, 01:43 AM
ROTFLMAO

Good one Otter!

redsurfer11
10-22-2000, 03:09 PM
Chiefs Slaughter Rams 54-34