PDA

View Full Version : You guys are gonna wanna strangle Adam Teicher....

Mecca
01-24-2006, 04:23 PM
So, I was listening to 610 a few minutes ago. Teicher was talking about the draft and he basically point blank said the Chiefs would draft a WR with their first pick.

DeepSouth
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
If the right guys is there, I don't have a problem with that.

Bowser
Has he given a reason as to why we would look offense instead of defense in the first round?

Brock
I'd probably strangle Adam Teicher regardless of what he said.

kc rush
01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
I don't care as long as they address the D-Line in free agency.

BigChiefFan
01-24-2006, 04:27 PM
It's better than him saying we would draft a TE with the 1st overall pick.

chiefsfaninNC
01-24-2006, 04:28 PM
WR and OT are our greatest needs.

CHENZ A!
01-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Tiecher doesn't know shit, no way we get a WR in the 1st. 1st day probably, 1st rd no way.

Brock
01-24-2006, 04:30 PM
They'll probably draft the best available athlete, just like they do most years.

Tribal Warfare
01-24-2006, 04:30 PM
How did Teicher get this " inside information" about who KC is going to draft.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM
He said "WR on this team has been neglected to long, it's time to upgrade that position".

Archie Bunker
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM
All I want is the best player available regardless of position. If it is a WR so be it. The worst thing to do in the draft is reach because of need.

Reaper16
01-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Santonio Holmes is the only WR worth drafting at 20, and even then I'd want OT, Saftey or D-Line first.

jidar
There is some kind of disconnect between sports media and the sports world concerning the draft. Most NFL teams draft the best player first, and for need second, yet most mock drafts seem to be based on need. It's a small wonder that mocks are close to useless.

Bob Dole
Bob Dole was just commenting last night that Carl and Co. have such a gift for spotting talent at the defensive tackle position, that we most definitely should take a DT in the first round this year.

CHENZ A!
01-24-2006, 04:34 PM
All I want is the best player available regardless of position. If it is a WR so be it. The worst thing to do in the draft is reach because of need.

or trade down and get a Siavii.

siberian khatru
Why would we want to draft a WR when we're going into an offensive shell and scoring only 17 points a game next year?

Chiefs Express
How did Teicher get this " inside information" about who KC is going to draft.

Whitlock.

tk13
01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
It's too early to tell any of that. Somebody will fall, as happens every year. Just like how we got DJ and LJ... we may be targeting a WR but things change when the draft pans out.

Tribal Warfare
01-24-2006, 04:36 PM
He said "WR on this team has been neglected to long, it's time to upgrade that position".

I guess he hadn't come to realization that this year WR crop is weak, I just saw Derek Hagan in his drills and the guy looks like shit. Look for Reggie Wayne in FA, and either OL or DL which would be the BPA in the first round at the #20 position.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 04:37 PM
I guess he hadn't come to realization that this year WR crop is weak, I just saw Derek Hagan in his drills and the guy looks like shit. Look for Reggie Wayne in FA, and either OL or DL which would be the BPA in the first round at the #20 position.

The Colts are keeping Wayne............they'll let James walk before they let Wayne go.

Teicher basically said the Chiefs have wasted to many high picks on Dline to do it again.

RockChalk
01-24-2006, 04:48 PM
How could you call drafting Sims, Siavii, Freeman, Downing, Wilkerson, and Sharpe wasted picks? Peterson should have sold these picks for cash, bought several bags of ice, and watched them melt. Would've been a helluva lot more entertaining that watching those guys play football.

HC_Chief
01-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Teicher never gets anything correct before the fact. He's a prototypical fish-wrap contributor: regurgitates yesterday's news on today's print.

chiefqueen
01-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Why would we want to draft a WR when we're going into an offensive shell and scoring only 17 points a game next year?

17............better double check the memo...........the one I got stated 10.

ChiefFripp
01-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Well we DO need a WR badly, one that doesn't smile everytime he drops a catchable pass would be prefered.

sedated
01-24-2006, 04:59 PM
OL please

OL please

OL please

OL please

OL please

FringeNC
01-24-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't think we'll take a WR. Whoever we'd draft at WR will not start this year. Our window of opportunity is closing. We will try to shore up the D-line and secondary. It seems D-line is one of those positions that a rookie could immediately produce.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 05:02 PM
OL please

OL please

OL please

OL please

OL please

If Roafs coming back, I don't think we should use our first round pick on Oline.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't think we'll take a WR. Whoever we'd draft at WR will not start this year. Our window of opportunity is closing. We will try to shore up the D-line and secondary. It seems D-line is one of those positions that a rookie could immediately produce.

If it's Santonio Holmes, I'm pretty sure he can beat out Samie Parker.....

RockChalk
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM

It does seem that way...just not any DL that we happen to draft though.

FringeNC
01-24-2006, 05:06 PM

I dunno. Do many WRs make an impact their first year, even 1st rounders?

Mecca
01-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I dunno. Do many WRs make an impact their first year, even 1st rounders?

Some have.....with the state of our WR's and the fact that he'd come into a good offense. There's a pretty good shot a reciever like Holmes could be productive right away for us.

tk13
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
With our luck, San Diego will take him right before our pick.

Tribal Warfare
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
If Roafs coming back, I don't think we should use our first round pick on Oline.

If the BPA is an OT, then take the OT

Mecca
01-24-2006, 05:13 PM
The best player available when we pick is going to be........a Safety, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie or a DE that fell. That's in no particular order but I think that's what we'll be picking from.

RockChalk
01-24-2006, 05:14 PM
If the BPA is an OT, then take the OT

Only an OTackle, not a guard. It is quite obvious that we are going to need a good left tackle for 2007. I honestly believe you can teach a guy to be a pretty good guard, but a tackle requires a lot of skill. I think if/when Shields goes, we can plug a guy like Welbourn into the RG spot and get pretty good production. However, we have seen what life w/out Willie is like.

cmh6476
01-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Bob Dole was just commenting last night that Carl and Co. have such a gift for spotting talent at the defensive tackle position, that we most definitely should take a DT in the first round this year.

since when are bob dole's hands black? :shrug:

and since when has he been able to form that shape with his right? :shrug:

FloridaMan88
01-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Address the WR position in free agency (Reggie Wayne). An eventual replacement for Roaf (assuming Roaf is coming back next season) should be the #1 priority with the first round pick IMO

sondevil
01-24-2006, 05:24 PM

Derek Hagan, Arizona State – Hagan recently ran between a 4.40 and 4.45 at pro timing day, a testament to the kind of speed that’s made him a dangerous long ball hitter the past two years. He runs tight routes, has soft hands, and is the closest thing to a sure thing out of the senior class. Since getting dogged early in 2003 for dropping too many balls, the 6-2, 200-pound Biletnikoff favorite has been a model of consistency, going over 100 yards in 14 of his last 20 games. Beyond the obvious physical attributes, Hagan is also a character kid, who brings a ton of intangibles to a locker room. He’s an outgoing team leader, who works as hard as the kids trying to earn playing time.
2004 Numbers – 83 caches for 1,248 yards and 10 TDs
Shades of…Chad Johnson

He does sound terrible. Makes me wonder how he caught 10 balls for 162 yards agaist USC this year. Must be a typo.

Thig Lyfe
01-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Wide reciever.

No.

Mathias Kiwanuka.

Yes.

(Unless said WR ends up being, say, Santonio Holmes.)

Mecca
01-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Address the WR position in free agency (Reggie Wayne). An eventual replacement for Roaf (assuming Roaf is coming back next season) should be the #1 priority with the first round pick IMO

It's gonna be pretty hard to sign someone the Colts aren't letting go of.........

Mr. Laz
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
difficult for me to see a defensive minded head coach with a bad defense, drafting a wide receiver with the first pick.

i expect offensive line or defensive with the first pick .... that would fit Edward's conservative nature.

laz
~considering Herman Edwards a marty jr. until proven different~

FloridaMan88
01-24-2006, 05:30 PM
It's gonna be pretty hard to sign someone the Colts aren't letting go of.........

I know thats what the Colts are indicating now that they plan to re-sign Wayne, but I can't believe they are going to give him a big contract, after giving Harrison a big contract last year. That would be a lot of $$$$ tied up in the WR position.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
I know thats what the Colts are indicating now that they plan to re-sign Wayne, but I can't believe they are going to give him a big contract, after giving Harrison a big contract last year. That would be a lot of $$$$ tied up in the WR position.

Wayne is as good as Harrison now, which is why they'll do it. It's much easier to fill the RB hole than the WR hole also.

tk13
01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
difficult for me to see a defensive minded head coach with a bad defense, drafting a wide receiver with the first pick.

i expect offensive line or defensive with the first pick .... that would fit Edward's conservative nature.

laz
~considering Herman Edwards a marty jr. until proven different~
His first draft in NY, he drafted Santana Moss with his first round pick. Then Lamont Jordan and Kareem McKenzie with the other first day picks. The sky is falling though, don't you worry.

Rausch
01-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Good.

Herm didn't do all that bad drafting WR's in NY...

Frosty
01-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Derek Hagan, Arizona State – Hagan recently ran between a 4.40 and 4.45 at pro timing day, a testament to the kind of speed that’s made him a dangerous long ball hitter the past two years. He runs tight routes, has soft hands, and is the closest thing to a sure thing out of the senior class. Since getting dogged early in 2003 for dropping too many balls, the 6-2, 200-pound Biletnikoff favorite has been a model of consistency, going over 100 yards in 14 of his last 20 games. Beyond the obvious physical attributes, Hagan is also a character kid, who brings a ton of intangibles to a locker room. He’s an outgoing team leader, who works as hard as the kids trying to earn playing time.
Shades of…Chad Johnson

He does sound terrible. Makes me wonder how he caught 10 balls for 162 yards agaist USC this year. Must be a typo.

Maybe we should draft the actual Biletnikoff winner.

:)

BigChiefFan
01-24-2006, 05:46 PM
The best value would be WR Santonio Holmes if he should fall that far, after him I still believe OT, Marcus McNeill would be a nice pick-up.
I believe we need D-line help, but think we will look to FA for some help in that area, I still think Abraham could become a possibility.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I just read an interesting comment from someone who thinks Ko Simpson could drop heavily and possibly not be drafted.........

"Be careful on Simpson. He's a safety and he came out as a sophomore at the age of 23 years old. Scouts don't like that kind of stuff."

Tribal Warfare
01-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Shades of…Chad Johnson

He's been getting schooled in the Senior Bowl practices. dropped passes, and no separation to boot.

Cormac
01-24-2006, 07:32 PM
I hope we draft a DT or DE in the 1st. But if we do that, we MUST draft a guy with desire and a relentless motor. If we draft a project DT, or a "made DT" we're screwed again. DT must be the laziest position on the team, and have the highest rate of busts outside QBs. Look at the list of D-line FAs. It's full of underachievers. And we're the poster-team for wasted draft picks at that position.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Most DT's don't have high motors......It's the nature of a position where being a big fatass is a requirement. Ted Washington isn't high motor but he gets the job done, we need a DT like that.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
I dont care who we draft in the 1st round as long as its the best player available in a position of need. Wehn you are drafting at #20, thats about all you can ask for. Please Carl, no reaches like Siavii and Trezelle Jenkins. I cant live with a WR pick at #20. As for what Teicher said, we havent really ignored the WR postion, its just that it hasnt worked out. Nobody would be saying that if SlyMo hadnt gotten hurt or Derrick Alexander wouldnt have been such a lazy butt and adapted to DV's Air Coryell system.