PDA

View Full Version : I think Denver is going to take a pass at TO

Taco John
01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
There's been a lot of TO talk after the loss... Players in the locker room, when asked about the missing ingredient, have pointed to TO saying they think he'd fit in with our crew. And then in his press conference Shanahan says that the Broncos are always willing to sign troubled players if they are willing to commit to practicing the right way... "Whoever that guy might be ... there's always a possibility if somebody handles himself the right way, they could come into this organization. But they're going to have to live by the standards we practice."

I don't know what to think about it.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Good luck with that.....you have some players to cut to open cap money first.

Hammock Parties
01-24-2006, 06:51 PM
I think it would work. Unlike Randy Moss, T.O. runs all the intermediate stuff full bore, and he's great at it.

He sure would look goofy in a Broncos uniform, though.

Spott
01-24-2006, 06:57 PM
With that dumb ass attitude of TO's, I can only see him ending up playing for Dallas or Oakland. But I can't see him wanting to share the limelight with Keyshawn or Randy Moss either. It's anyone's guess where that chump will end up next year.chump.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Plummer is a surly prick. TO is a selfish prick. Doesn't sound like a good combo to me

OldTownChief
01-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I hope he does.

Smed1065
01-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I believe the same thing due to the stories and ShannaRat has to do something to get noticed. He did great on the Clevonchos but I am not sure this might be a supplementary draft pick results here.

Taco John
01-24-2006, 07:06 PM
I believe the same thing due to the stories and ShannaRat has to do something to get noticed. He did great on the Clevonchos but I am not sure this might be a supplementary draft pick results here.

Translation?

Bowser
01-24-2006, 07:07 PM
He's a special talent that any team would love to have.

It would take a remarkable head coach to make it work, though. Does Shanahan have that "something" that Mariucci and Andy Reid don't have?

Smed1065
01-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Translation?

It means I hope Denver does take TO and I figure they will. The first year will be great and then ... Well you know, straight in the shi--er.

FloridaMan88
01-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Unless TO can also play QB he doesn't help Denver's main problem on their offense

Wile_E_Coyote
01-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Garcia & McNabb would take TO's shit. I see Plummer not having any of it, punches being thrown on the sideline. bad news

Cormac
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Hell, you guys gave Romo a home. TO would be a breeze compared to that eggsucker.

cdcox
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
TO would work really well in your offense. But I his history of interacting with QBs isn't very good, and Jake would serve as plenty of gasoline for that particular inferno.

cdcox
01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Garcia & McNabb would take TO's shit. I see Plummer not having any of it, punches being thrown on the sideline. awesome

Fixed your post.

OldTownChief
01-24-2006, 07:22 PM
We handled Moss just fine, with a better QB than Plumbob.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Kerry Collins isn't better than Jake Plummer they both equally suck.

ROYC75
If you think Jake is a basket case now, wait until TO has one week with him.

Who's next, Jeff George, maybe a Ryan Leaf ?

bogie
Is it possible for the Chiefs to take him? Can we afford him? If so can't it be in the contract to shape up or ship out? He is a prick, but holy cow, LJ RB, TO WR, we would be unstoppable.

bogie
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
It means I hope Denver does take TO and I figure they will. The first year will be great and then ... Well you know, straight in the shi--er.

OMG, how could anyone that is a Chiefs fan hope Denver takes TO? I don't get it.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
No matter how many issues Owens could cause, he still comes to play. I do not want him in our division.

Hammock Parties
01-24-2006, 07:30 PM
TJ, ready to kiss Pryce goodbye?

OldTownChief
01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
OMG, how could anyone that is a Chiefs fan hope Denver takes TO? I don't get it.

Fear no one. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.

Extra Point
01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Shannon Sharpe would straighten him out: "Thith ith how you thalute, but don't cluthcth your nutths tho thight."

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 07:34 PM
the missing ingredient

Missing ingredient?? How about a "real" QB?? Someone who can make plays in a big game?? Someone who the rest of the team can beleive in??? Donkey fans can keep trying to convince themselves that Plummer isnt a problem all they want but the fact remains you cant polish a turd. It took me years to finally convince myself the same thing about Grbac.

Hammock Parties
01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
I still think Denver needs to get a stud RB. They need a guy they can lean on in the playoffs. The scheme is good, but scheme only does so much in the playoffs. Mike Anderson's too old and I don't know what's wrong with Tatum Bell.

It'll be interesting if they go after Ricky Williams. I don't like the idea of Denver getting him, but pot being legal in Denver might be a bad situation for him.

bogie
01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Fear no one. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.

In that case, make him a Chief.

Calcountry
01-24-2006, 07:44 PM
There's been a lot of TO talk after the loss... Players in the locker room, when asked about the missing ingredient, have pointed to TO saying they think he'd fit in with our crew. And then in his press conference Shanahan says that the Broncos are always willing to sign troubled players if they are willing to commit to practicing the right way... "Whoever that guy might be ... there's always a possibility if somebody handles himself the right way, they could come into this organization. But they're going to have to live by the standards we practice."

I don't know what to think about it.Why don't you just ask Donovan McNabb and Andy Read what to think about it?

ChiefFripp
01-24-2006, 07:52 PM
'Make a pass' I believe.

bogie
01-24-2006, 08:00 PM
If we can afford him I think we should take him. JMO, but I think he's learned a lesson. At least for one year I think he would be an asset. Build into his contract that after he has a banner year and we go deep in the playoffs, possibly a SB, the front office will concider a contract upgrade. If he starts his dumb ass BS prior to anything in the contract we drop him like a lead balloon. Make everyone in the locker room aware that we're bringing him in because we want to go to the SB. If a majority of current team members strongly disapprove then forget about it, but, we should feel it out.

Extra Point
01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I still think Denver needs to get a stud RB. They need a guy they can lean on in the playoffs. The scheme is good, but scheme only does so much in the playoffs. Mike Anderson's too old and I don't know what's wrong with Tatum Bell.

It'll be interesting if they go after Ricky Williams. I don't like the idea of Denver getting him, but pot being legal in Denver might be a bad situation for him.

All Denver is missing is a QB.

tk13
01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I think he'd be a good fit for you guys, at least until Jake threw a couple INT's like the other day and TO threw him under the bus. That'd be my biggest worry. It'd turn training camp into a circus, too. That alone makes me want to keep him away from the Chiefs. We definitely do not need the circus.

kcxiv
01-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I think he'd be a good fit for you guys, at least until Jake threw a couple INT's like the other day and TO threw him under the bus. That'd be my biggest worry. It'd turn training camp into a circus, too. That alone makes me want to keep him away from the Chiefs. We definitely do not need the circus.Chiefs did a good enough job of that without TO.

I would be all for signing him. I could care less about the year after. All that counts is right now.

ceebz
01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I hope they do. It'll be fun watching the Jake and TO soap opera.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Jake Plummer is going to make a pass at TO?? Would not surprise me at all. Plummer is the next Jeff Garcia!

tk13
01-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Chiefs did a good enough job of that without TO.

I would be all for signing him. I could care less about the year after. All that counts is right now.
Ehhh, we just hired a new coach to a long term deal. Last year was the time to sell the farm. If we were going to sell out we should've kept Vermeil.

OldTownChief
01-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Tynes would beat his ass.

Hammock Parties
01-24-2006, 08:26 PM

I don't think so. And it looks like Kubiak might steal a couple of their offensive linemen for Houston.

Alphaman
01-24-2006, 08:30 PM

I don't know what to think about it.

I'll tell ya' what I think about it. I wish the Chiefs management had the guts to really go after a championship the way Denver does. 2 years ago, Denver got shredded by the Colts and they went out and got Champ Bailey. Last year they needed defensive line help and went out and got the entire Cleveland d-line. They hadn't had stellar careers but they were top 5 picks (a couple of them anyway) who had talent. They performed well.

The Chiefs desperately need a talented WR but will not go after TO. With Herm at the helm I think now is the ideal time to go after TO.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 08:33 PM
I'll tell ya' what I think about it. I wish the Chiefs management had the guts to really go after a championship the way Denver does. 2 years ago, Denver got shredded by the Colts and they went out and got Champ Bailey. Last year they needed defensive line help and went out and got the entire Cleveland d-line. They hadn't had stellar careers but they were top 5 picks (a couple of them anyway) who had talent. They performed well.

The Chiefs desperately need a talented WR but will not go after TO. With Herm at the helm I think now is the ideal time to go after TO.

I agree. Carl has always been one player or two short. A day late and a dollar short etc......Its been Petersons M.O. for 17 years.

Oh Snap
01-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Heres the thing.. If he couldnt tolerate McNabb as the QB what makes you think he'll keep quiet about Jake Plummer? This should be fun!

Taco John
01-25-2006, 01:39 AM
TJ, ready to kiss Pryce goodbye?

Totally.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 01:47 AM
for what it's worth, just last week I made the comment that I was against getting TO. After this last game, it's clear to me that we needed some help downfield. We're so close, and TO is so hungry, that I think I could go for it. We're going to be an attractive play for free agents this offseason.

As for the Jake criticism, it's well deserved after this last game, but the overall picture this season, I think he's proven that he can play under control. I think he just needs more help. TO just might be the needed help. I'd also like to see us make a trade for Ricky Williams.

Whatever anyone says, we made it to the AFC Championship. Clearly, since signing Jake, we've been on an upswing. I think that TO and Ricky Williams would complete that upswing and make us competitive for years afterward.

Add to that, this upcoming draft we are expecting to have 5 draft picks in day one. Two firsts, one second, and at least two thirds...

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 01:58 AM
As for the Jake criticism, it's well deserved after this last game, but the overall picture this season, I think he's proven that he can play under control.

What do Joke Plummet and dogs in Dungver have in common? They only play well and under control when on a leash.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Eh. Jake has experience winning playoff games. Trent Green? Not so much.

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 02:11 AM

We ain't talking about Trent Green (who is superior to Joke in every positive statistical category for his career). We are talking about overrated, choke job, can't play unless his running game get 150+ yards per game, left handed interception throwing (and right handed for that matter) Joke Plummet.

You know I couldn't resist trying to get a rise out of you, right? :p

Miles
01-25-2006, 02:14 AM

Jake has more experience at losing. Especially in games where his team was blown out.

Miles
01-25-2006, 02:19 AM
for what it's worth, just last week I made the comment that I was against getting TO. After this last game, it's clear to me that we needed some help downfield. We're so close, and TO is so hungry, that I think I could go for it. We're going to be an attractive play for free agents this offseason.

As for the Jake criticism, it's well deserved after this last game, but the overall picture this season, I think he's proven that he can play under control. I think he just needs more help. TO just might be the needed help. I'd also like to see us make a trade for Ricky Williams.

Whatever anyone says, we made it to the AFC Championship. Clearly, since signing Jake, we've been on an upswing. I think that TO and Ricky Williams would complete that upswing and make us competitive for years afterward.

Add to that, this upcoming draft we are expecting to have 5 draft picks in day one. Two firsts, one second, and at least two thirds...

Plummer has show he can play with a lead and that is all. I am not exactly impressed with his supposed improvement in leading a team that led the league in rushing this season.

However I would be very worried if you guys pick up TO. I really think he will behave himself for at least this season if he is on a winning team. He would be a great addition if you guys get him.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 02:55 AM
Eh. I'll start worring about what Chiefs fans say about Jake Plummer when the Chiefs start winning playoff games. Jake... well he's won playoff games.

So say what you want, but the comeback is going to sound like a broken record. I simply couldn't care less. Our team is a playoff team, and until yours is, your room to criticize anyone on ours will fit in this hole: 0

J Diddy
01-25-2006, 02:58 AM
Eh. I'll start worring about what Chiefs fans say about Jake Plummer when the Chiefs start winning playoff games. Jake... well he's won playoff games.

So say what you want, but the comeback is going to sound like a broken record. I simply couldn't care less. Our team is a playoff team, and until yours is, your room to criticize anyone on ours will fit in this hole: 0

Q what do you call that?

A A hole to big for taco to feel.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2006, 03:04 AM

Most any QB could have won the playoff games Jake did.

Trent Green included.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Most any QB could have won the playoff games Jake did.

Trent Green included.

Then why didn't they?

Fact is, we went 13-3 with a very tough schedule. Criticism of Jake from Chiefs fans is amusing, but non-impactful.

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 03:13 AM

Translation: "I know Joke is a farce but am unwilling to admit that the rat screwed my team by hiring that loser. Until a rival team wins a playoff game I will continue to live in denial (not a river) instead of facing reality and seeing Joke for what he truly is....average when his running game has posted 150+ per game and a total loser when called upon to carry the team for a quarter or 2".

keg in kc
01-25-2006, 03:13 AM
He'd do for Denver about what Randy Moss did for Oakland.

tk13
01-25-2006, 03:14 AM
Then why didn't they?

Fact is, we went 13-3 with a very tough schedule. Criticism of Jake from Chiefs fans is amusing, but non-impactful.
Your defense forced what? 3? 4 turnovers?

If our defense forced half that a couple years ago, we would've moved on to the Championship game. Sitting here and comparing QB accomplishments while ignoring the defensive side of the football is sheer ignorance.

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Then why didn't they?

And negligible injuries unlike our team during the first half of the season. And we STILL went 10-6 and missed the playoffs by a gnats pubic hair.

keg in kc
01-25-2006, 03:17 AM
It doesn't take a genius to see that Shanahan gutted the offense to protect him. Problem is, you can't play like that when you're behind. It's the whole problem with the Martyball approach of trying to limit your QB's mistakes. In the end Jake did exactly what everybody expected him to do in a pressure situation. It was almost as much fun to watch as Gannon in the Superbowl.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 03:19 AM
If...

Taco John
01-25-2006, 03:21 AM
It doesn't take a genius to see that Shanahan gutted the offense to protect him.

Actually, GoChiefs already debunked that one.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 03:22 AM
we ... missed the playoffs...

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Face it Teej, without your running game Plummet looks like shite. The Steelers shut down your running game early and Plummet showed his true colors when he had to make something happen on his own.

tk13
01-25-2006, 03:23 AM
Well no crap, if. If you're trying to imply Denver's defense is better than KC's, well you aren't going to get any argument here, or from any sane person. Keep on bashing the D, then bash Trent Green because he's had some of the worst defensive support in NFL history for a QB.

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 03:25 AM
Well no crap, if. If you're trying to imply Denver's defense is better than KC's, well you aren't going to get any argument here, or from any sane person. Keep on bashing the D, then bash Trent Green because he's had some of the worst defensive support in NFL history for a QB.

Bingo. :clap:

keg in kc
01-25-2006, 03:25 AM
Actually, GoChiefs already debunked that one.I'm sorry I missed such an intellectually stimulating load of crap, then.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 03:26 AM

I didn't say anything about your defense. I didn't say anything about your team. I said something about mine.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 03:28 AM
Eh. Jake could win the Superbowl, and you guys would find a way to criticize his role on the team, and what he did and didn't do. You know how I know? Because it's the same crap I heard when JOHN ELWAY won the Superbowl. It wasn't John... It was TD. John wouldn't have won dick without TD.

*shrug*

tk13
01-25-2006, 03:29 AM
I didn't say anything about your defense. I didn't say anything about your team. I said something about mine.
I agree. Try and put a good enough team around Jake and tell him not to screw up. That's basically the plan.

tk13
01-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Eh. Jake could...

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Lets compare Teej, just for the sake of argument.

2005Joke Plummet 16 16 456 277 60.7 3366 7.38 72 18 7 22/135 44 8 90.2
2005Trent Green 16 16 507 317 62.5 4014 7.92 60 17 10 32/204 51 11

OK, Trent had a better completion %, Joke had a better QB rating by .1%. However, Trent also had more passing yards, a higher YPA, and higher 20+ and 40+ yard completions. Joke had a measly 3 less picks for the season in spite of having 50 less attempts than Trent. This indicates that Joke was leashed to shorter (high percentage) throws to keep him from screwing the whole thing up because he is incapable of carrying the team by himself even for a short period of time. Without a running game of 130+ yards per game, his stats would have gone MUCH further into the terlet. Face it, his stats are smoke and mirrors this year.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 03:49 AM
Looks like Trent Green wins the stats Superbowl!

Oh wait? He has a lower quarterback percentage, fewer touchdowns and more interceptions?

Nevermind. ROFL

CHIEF4EVER
01-25-2006, 04:06 AM

Oh wait? He has a lower quarterback percentage, fewer touchdowns and more interceptions?

Nevermind. ROFL

You obviously missed the point. Joke IS ON A LEASH. A CHOKE COLLAR. He isn't trusted to take risks on his own because he invariably screws up every time he does. Trent had 3 more picks on FIFTY more attempts.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-25-2006, 04:22 AM

Nevermind. ROFL

& a ring

DaWolf
01-25-2006, 07:03 AM
TO may behave himself for a little while wherever he goes next. This Philly thing I think was in large part orchestrated by Rosenhaus, because Rosenhaus doesn't get paid until TO gets a new deal, since Drew was hired after TO signed his other deal...

Inspector
01-25-2006, 08:44 AM

Pot is legal in Denver?

I didn't know that. Interesting....

bkkcoh
01-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Pot is legal in Denver?

I didn't know that. Interesting....

How would that work with the NFL testing for pot in Ricky with his prior experience? Would it be ok in Denver since it is legal? :hmmm:

Inspector
01-25-2006, 08:55 AM
How would that work with the NFL testing for pot in Ricky with his prior experience? Would it be ok in Denver since it is legal? :hmmm:

Yeah, good question.

I doubt the NFL would change any of their policies unless it were legal everywhere.

And I'm wondering if thinking pot is legal in Denver is simply a misinterpretation of the law. I thought it was illegal everywhere. I could be wrong though....I was once back in 1977...

Lurch
01-25-2006, 08:55 AM
A pass at TO? I knew the Broncos were gay. NTTAWWT

Maybe they can be in "Brokeback Mountain, Sloppy Seconds"

bkkcoh
01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
And I'm wondering if thinking pot is legal in Denver is simply a misinterpretation of the law. I thought it was illegal everywhere. I could be wrong though....I was once back in 1977...

i thought that they passed a referendum just recently to allow a certain amount of pot not to be illegal... but i am not to clear on that...

jspchief
01-25-2006, 09:16 AM

WTF? Stop and think about what you just posted.

You use the Broncos as the role model of how to address team deficencies. Get players to fill the weak spots on your team. Ok, sounds like a great idea.

Then you suggest WR is our weakness? The number 1 offense in the league is not addressing it's weakness because it isn't getting a high-priced WR? Go ahead and ignore that last year we got two former Pro Bowl DBs and a former DRotY LB.

For f*ck's sake. This team is losing games because we don't have a good enough D. We tried to address that by getting a bunch of quality defensive players. If you want to criticize their ability to evaluate talent, go ahead. But to suggest that "management doesn't have the guts to really go after a championship" is f*cking absurd. Everything they did last off-season was directed at fixing the biggest weakness on the team.

Idiot.

Archie Bunker
01-25-2006, 09:21 AM
WTF? Stop and think about what you just posted.

You use the Broncos as the role model of how to address team deficencies. Get players to fill the weak spots on your team. Ok, sounds like a great idea.

Then you suggest WR is our weakness? The number 1 offense in the league is not addressing it's weakness because it isn't getting a high-priced WR? Go ahead and ignore that last year we got two former Pro Bowl DBs and a former DRotY LB.

For f*ck's sake. This team is losing games because we don't have a good enough D. We tried to address that by getting a bunch of quality defensive players. If you want to criticize their ability to evaluate talent, go ahead. But to suggest that "management doesn't have the guts to really go after a championship" is f*cking absurd. Everything they did last off-season was directed at fixing the biggest weakness on the team.

Idiot.

:clap: Great post

jspchief
01-25-2006, 09:25 AM

Really?

Whatever. The Green vs Plummer debate is tired. Denver's play-off win isn't any more attributable to Plummer, than KC's loss is to Green.

All I know is when the going gets tough, Plummer folds. Whether it be flipping off booing crowds, or turning the ball over 4 times when the running game gets shut down. I relish the thought of seeing TO verbally ass rape Plummer on the sideline after The Mistake throws another INT instead of hitting Owens who believes he's open on every play. That team is lucky that all it's players are good teammates that don't call out that choke job. Bring in TO and some other guys may start to realize that they've been silent too long. We're talking about a WR that had no qualms about throwing McNabb under the bus. One of the most accomplished and likeable young QBs in the league. Plummer doesn't stand a chance.

fan4ever
01-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Shannon Sharpe would straighten him out: "Thith ith how you thalute, but don't cluthcth your nutths tho thight."

I don't know if this idea has been presented, but this is something I saw at a sports bar once, and I've done it at home for giggles; when Shannon is on the pre-game put your TV on "caption" and watch the computer try and figure out what he's saying and convert it to type. It's friggin' hilarious.

ct
01-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Eh. I'll start worring about what Chiefs fans say about Jake Plummer when the Chiefs start winning playoff games. Jake... well he's won playoff game.

Fixed your post. 1, meaning not plural. With < 200 yds on a day when your D forced 5 TOs. Let's not get carried away, k?

bkkcoh
01-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Fixed your post. 1, meaning not plural. With < 200 yds on a day when your D forced 5 TOs. Let's not get carried away, k?

didn't he win one with the cards against the cowboys?

ct
01-25-2006, 02:31 PM
didn't he win one with the cards against the cowboys?

He did, had just gone out to double check the 1 year Zona made the playoffs, and was just coming back for my crow. Hate when that happens...

bkkcoh
01-25-2006, 02:38 PM
He did, had just gone out to double check the 1 year Zona made the playoffs, and was just coming back for my crow. Hate when that happens...

it happens....

link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1998-99#NFC:_Arizona_Cardinals_20.2C_Dallas_Cowboys_7)

phxchief
01-25-2006, 02:57 PM

A QB, another receiving threat and a pass-rush.

phxchief
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
He has a lower quarterback percentage

What the f*ck is a "quarterback percentage"? Ya dope.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Then why didn't they?

Uh, it's pretty obvious. Jake's defense won both of his playoff games.

savedin79
01-25-2006, 05:08 PM
That would be a fit, a jerk with a bunch of jerks.

Halfcan
01-26-2006, 12:05 AM
TOdor going to the Donks, would be about the only thing he could do to make me hate him more.

listopencil
01-26-2006, 12:34 AM
left handed interception throwing

Hey, now. He threw a TD with his left had once too.

listopencil
01-26-2006, 12:40 AM
I don't know. Jesus. I really hate TO but we need more out of our passing game. I can't see trying to replace Plummer, we're not going to get anyone better than he is.

DBroncos4life
01-26-2006, 12:43 AM

I agree. Williams is the guy I want in Denver, and I still think we could find a place for Bell as well. Williams 20-25 carries and Bell could still get is 10-15. I still think Denver goes after him and if he quits it won't mess us up like it did the Phins.

Now on to Trash Owens. I hate the idea, hate it, hate it, BUT something tells me its going to happen anyways. I don't know why you risk it but Mike thinks we are close so he will risk it. Atleast he should come cheap, and so will Williams so Denver will have money to toss around in other places. Atleast if this blows up in our face we should get a topo 5 pick the next year. :deevee:

Mecca
01-26-2006, 12:47 AM
If you guys put Ricky Williams and TO on the same team that could result in some serious comedy.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:49 AM
I can't see trying to replace Plummer, we're not going to get anyone better than he is.

At what?...

listopencil
01-26-2006, 12:51 AM
At what?...

Before he ****ed up in the AFC Championship he looked pretty good.

DBroncos4life
01-26-2006, 12:53 AM
If you guys put Ricky Williams and TO on the same team that could result in some serious comedy.
It could but Williams from what I have seen isn't much of a talker and looks like a guy that doesn't want to be around people. I think he quit to get away from everything but it didn't work out the way he thought it would. Still anytime you can add a back of his talent to team that makes avg backs look good its a great thing for Denver. As for Owens, he is one of the best in the NFL. Any offseason you add a former top ten back and a top 5 WR it could be considered a good thing.

I hate Owens though. :cuss:

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Before he ****ed up in the AFC Championship he looked pretty good.

This season.

Consider, for a moment, that he's playing in an offense built for him under a HC who loves the guy.

That said, his numbers aren't that impressive. His biggest compliment this season is that he quit making stupid mistakes.

Until the playoffs...

listopencil
01-26-2006, 01:02 AM
This season.

Consider, for a moment, that he's playing in an offense built for him under a HC who loves the guy.

That said, his numbers aren't that impressive. His biggest compliment this season is that he quit making stupid mistakes.

Until the playoffs...

When you look at what's out there, he fits what we want to do better than anyone else we're going to get.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 01:04 AM
When you look at what's out there, he fits what we want to do better than anyone else we're going to get.

I got a feeling Kordell and Culpepper are going to be sending out applications this spring...

Mecca
01-26-2006, 01:06 AM
I'd be pretty surprised if Minnesota got rid of Culpepper.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 01:08 AM
I'd be pretty surprised if Minnesota got rid of Culpepper.

If Journeyman Johnson did better with your team than you did one thing you don't have is job security.

If the Vikes were going to scrap and rebuild now would be the time...

Mecca
01-26-2006, 01:11 AM
If Journeyman Johnson did better with your team than you did one thing you don't have is job security.

If the Vikes were going to scrap and rebuild now would be the time...

Childress comes from working with McNabb, Culpepper is exactly the same kind of QB. I think Childress is going to want to keep him......