PDA

View Full Version : Will Witherspoon and Marlon McCree

RedThat
01-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Per KFFL.com:

Panthers | Witherspoon scheduled to become UFA
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:09:36 -0800

The Winston-Salem Journal reports Carolina Panthers LB Will Witherspoon is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent if the team does not sign him to a contract by March 1

Panthers | McCree scheduled to become UFA
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:10:00 -0800

The Winston-Salem Journal reports Carolina Panthers SS Marlon McCree is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent if the team does not sign him to a contract by March

*I'll take both of these guys on my team. These are definate upgrades over Bell, and Wesley. I don't think they'd be too expensive either.

*McCree and Witherspoon were great in the playoffs this year

greg63
01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Well if CP could get them cheap; you can rest assured he'll look into it.

Reaper16
01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Ooooh, Witherspoon.

foxman
01-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Well if CP could get them cheap; you can rest assured he'll look into it.

If the Chiefs could get either cheap then the Panthers would sign them and they wouldnt be available to begin with.

McCree is more likely to resign than Witherspoon since he will likely in fact be resigned reasonably cheap. Spoon is best friends with Dan Morgan and wants to resign with Carolina, but with Carolina having drafted Thomas Davis who can play the same position and the fact the someone will be willing to over pay for Spoon I am sure Spoon will in fact be somewhere other than Carolina next year.

foxman
01-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Oh and FWIW I say overpay for Spoon, not that he's not a great athelete or a good Linebacker but he does have his drawbacks. Spoon is fast, but doesnt shed blocks very well and tends to get tied up fairly easily since he isnt the strongest guy in the world. In addition to being fast he has learned quick and speaks 7 languages so we know he is very intelligent, has stayed very healthy and is in no way a lockerroom cancer. So, there is a lot of give and take. Spoon is young and just coming off his rookie contract so he can be had for a long term as well.....but everyone's nightmare is his agent.....Drew "Show me the Money" Rosenhouse.

eighty2
01-25-2006, 01:17 PM
That would be sweet. Every time he made a tackle Arrowhead would erupt with a "Spoon!" chant.

BigChiefFan
01-25-2006, 02:08 PM
We don't need a SS. We signed Sammy Knight last year.

KCChiefsFan88
01-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I'd take Witherspoon as an upgrade over Bell in a heartbeat.

el borracho
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Can't imagine the Chiefs sign any free-agent defensive players other than Dline. Even if we let Bell go, we still have plenty of linebackers and safeties.

milkman
01-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Can't imagine the Chiefs sign any free-agent defensive players other than Dline. Even if we let Bell go, we still have plenty of linebackers and shitty safeties.

Fixed your post.

Dunit35
01-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah I don't see us signing anyone other than DLine.

BigChiefFan
01-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Fixed your post.
I would hardly call Sammy Knight...shitty or Greg Wesley for that matter. Wesley has his problems, but he has always been a SS, I figured he would have a transition phase adjusting to a new position. He still played well in the passing game in most cases and Sammy Knight was great in run support. The safety position IMPROVED last year, IMO. Does that mean there isn't rooom for improvement? Certainly not, but I just can't see how you justify calling them shitty.

KCChiefsFan88
01-25-2006, 03:42 PM
I would hardly call Sammy Knight...shitty or Greg Wesley for that matter. Wesley has his problems, but he has always been a SS, I figured he would have a transition phase adjusting to a new position. He still played well in the passing game in most cases and Sammy Knight was great in run support. The safety position IMPROVED last year, IMO. Does that mean there isn't rooom for improvement? Certainly not, but I just can't see how you justify calling them shitty.

Haven't we been waiting for like 6 years now for Wesley to finally get it and play up to his supposed potential on a consistent basis?

Cherryontop
01-26-2006, 06:40 PM
CHEAP???...umm nooo......Will Witherspoon is about the only linebacker worth getting in Fa....maybe Julain Peterson.....so expect big bucks$$$$probably atleast 4 million a year....where as we are already "OVER"the cap.Remember what we signed Barber for,lol

McCree is a player i always liked,but not a big upgrade over Wesly..we have more big problems along the Dline to worry about a safety right now!

Cherryontop!!

BTW..Do u guys think Daunte Culpepper is being shopped around??Are the Vikings that serious{and dumb},lol..??

Mecca
01-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Wesley is shitty, it's time to face for all his nice INT stats he gets, he's constantly out of position and screwing up.

As far as Witherspoon if you want him, he's not coming cheap. The Panthers tried to resign him before this year started. He turned down something like a 6 year 35 million dollar contract.

RedThat
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Wesley is shitty, it's time to face for all his nice INT stats he gets, he's constantly out of position and screwing up.

Yup. Im not a big fan of his game. I'll even add, he doesn't play with any passion or heart like some other DB's do. I question his passion, and desire.

The guy seemingly can't stay out of trouble. always getting in trouble with the Law and stuff. What is it with some of those guys in our secondary? even Warfield getting sh*t faced all the time and driving home? Those guys suck man....On the field and off.

It's time for a change, we should cut both Wesley and Warfield rather than having to reward them with high priced multi-million dollar contracts! Look where they get us?

It's moves like these that don't help us get to Bowl.

Prince22
01-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Marlon's a Kentucky boy so I'm all in.