PDA

View Full Version : I've been out of town. What happened in the championship games?

Rain Man
01-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I've been out of town for three days, and I didn't get to see any plays or highlights from the two championship games. I know who won, but can people give me the top highlights and top-level summary of each game? Who were the heroes and the goats? What fluke plays happened, etc?

It would be much appreciated.

Baby Lee
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Unfrozen Caveman Donkey had two 'first play from scrimmage' INTs and a fumble.

So there's that. . .

Chiefs Pantalones
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
The Steelers almost won, but then Elway came in at halftime to throw for 3 tds and 400 yards. All on that horse that the one chick rides around on...

siberian khatru
01-25-2006, 02:01 PM
"The Two Jakes" played about as well as their movie namesake.

nmt1
01-25-2006, 02:07 PM
The NFL realized they made a mistake in determining some miniscule tie breaker and they let the Chiefs play Denver. Holmes and Johnson combined for 250 yds rushing and Tony Gonzales caught 4 TD's. Green threw for 486 yards. We still lost.

Rain Man
01-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Unfrozen Caveman Donkey had two 'first play from scrimmage' INTs and a fumble.

So there's that. . .

That there is a good nickname.

Rain Man
01-25-2006, 02:18 PM
The NFL realized they made a mistake in determining some miniscule tie breaker and they let the Chiefs play Denver. Holmes and Johnson combined for 250 yds rushing and Tony Gonzales caught 4 TD's. Green threw for 486 yards. We still lost.

Let me guess. We missed a field goal at the end of the game?

nmt1
01-25-2006, 02:20 PM

It was a botched fake.

siberian khatru
01-25-2006, 02:20 PM

Well, only after the first attempt, which was good, was nulllified by a phantom holding penalty.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, only after the first attempt, which was good, was nulllified by a phantom holding penalty.

dont forget about the BULLSHIT Offensive P.I. On Gonzo

siberian khatru
01-25-2006, 02:26 PM
dont forget about the BULLSHIT Offensive P.I. On Gonzo

I still can't get over that 4th quarter interception. Damn ball bounced off Champ's shoulder and into the stands. But since replay showed it landing in the arms of a fan wearing a Broncos jersey, they gave the ball to Denver. I thought Bob Dole was going to have a stroke on the game thread when they made the call.

ptlyon
01-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I've been out of town for three days, and I didn't get to see any plays or highlights from the two championship games. I know who won, but can people give me the top highlights and top-level summary of each game? Who were the heroes and the goats? What fluke plays happened, etc?

It would be much appreciated.

WTF??? You climb Mt. Himulaya or something?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-25-2006, 02:36 PM
the donkeys didn't get beat, they just didn't score enough points because Jake had a cold

KCTitus
01-25-2006, 02:44 PM
The Pittsburgh/Denver game wasnt as close as the score indicates. Up by 21 at halftime, Im just amazed that when Cowher pulled the horns in that Denver didnt catch up.

Hero would be Joey Porter who was in the backfield all day and got into Plummers head. Once Pittsburgh went up 14, the game had to go on Plummers shoulders and it was pretty much over by then.

Didnt watch the NFC game because it didnt matter.

The SB was the AFC game.

Baby Lee
01-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Up by 21 at halftime, Im just amazed that when Cowher pulled the horns in that Denver didnt catch up.
Geez, pure dumb luck somehow thwarted Martyocrity, eh?

KCTitus
01-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Geez, pure dumb luck somehow thwarted Martyocrity, eh?
ROFL

Well, no, in this case Cowher was blessed with Plummer as the opposing QB.

milkman
01-25-2006, 03:09 PM
ROFL

Well, no, in this case Cowher was blessed with Plummer as the opposing QB.

Which means that pure dumbass didn't thwart Martyocrity.

FAX
01-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Thank God you're back, Mr. Rain Man.

FAX

Hammock Parties
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Rain Man, there was a fun moment in the Denver game.

Denver was down 27-10 and pulled a long kickoff return out of their ass. They had a chance to get back in the game.

First play after the kickoff....INTERCEPTION!

It was beautiful. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.