PDA

View Full Version : Brokeback Question

Pages : [1] 2

Mike in SW-MO
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
I'll admit I haven't seen the movie.

But I have one question about the flick and the media reporting.

As I understand it; the main characters are sheep herders.

So why are they consistently referred to as cowboys?

Is it because it would be too obvious to call them sheepboys? ROFL

The humping smily was tempting but probably in too poor of taste.

JBucc
01-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah, sheep don't taste very good:hump:

Fish
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
:hump:

we're all about poor taste here........... get with it.........

Phobia
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Why is everybody talking about it? I don't understand.

redbrian
01-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Gay sheep hearders?

Would that mean the ewe's are safe and the Rams are nervous?

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Gay sheep hearders?

Would that mean the ewe's are safe and the Rams are nervous?

Well St. Louis is pretty gay. :)

foxman
01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Gay sheep hearders?

As opposed to straight sheep hearders?

Reaper16
01-25-2006, 04:32 PM
As opposed to straight sheep hearders?
Straight sheep herders? C'mon, let's be real here. :rolleyes:

journeyscarab
01-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I thought independent films were always about gay cowboys sitting around the campfire, eating pudding?

TinyEvel
01-25-2006, 04:43 PM
There's an Outback Steakhouse commercial where two cops are having a long dinner then they get into their squad car and there's been a perp in the back.
The kind of dinner they're having looks like it should be called "Brokeback Steakhouse"

Simplex3
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Why is everybody talking about it? I don't understand.
...because we're surrounded by gay sheep-herders?

Wile_E_Coyote
01-25-2006, 04:57 PM
cattle or sheep don't matter, because if it ain't brokeback do fix it

KCChiefsMan
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
I've never even seen a trailer for this movie, I've only heard about it on Conan O"Brien.....so it's about 2 gay cowboys? why would anybody want to watch that?

foxman
01-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Straight sheep herders? C'mon, let's be real here. :rolleyes:

That was my point, he posed it as a question as if there are straight sheep hearders....
:shake:

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I've never even seen a trailer for this movie, I've only heard about it on Conan O"Brien.....so it's about 2 gay cowboys? why would anybody want to watch that?

Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.

There is a GAY hollywood Agenda

Its sickening

catfish307
01-25-2006, 08:40 PM
I heard they were corn holers

Reaper16
01-25-2006, 09:02 PM

Its sickening
Sean Hannity called - he wants his idiocy back.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2006, 09:07 PM

There is? Oh man, thanks for telling me! I better run to the hills and hide (oh wait - I already live in the Hollywood Hills! What to do?!!)

What a jackhole.

Dane
~May have found a new candidate for the ignore feature

milkman
01-25-2006, 09:12 PM

I don't know.
How about, cause comic book super heros are fun and entertaining, and some of of us aren't movie snobs and like mindless entertainment.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
There is? Oh man, thanks for telling me! I better run to the hills and hide (oh wait - I already live in the Hollywood Hills! What to do?!!)

What a jackhole.

Dane
~May have found a new candidate for the ignore feature

Anyone can tell when some program or movie is trying too hard to push the agenda (no matter what agenda that is.) When I want to be entertained I dont want to be preached to.

It is these films i am refering to

Most Indi Film makers are non courrupt, but $ and fame can change people very differently and quickly.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Most Indi Film makers are non courrupt, but $ and fame can change people very differently and quickly

And you know this HOW? Do you live in Hollywood? Have you worked in Hollywood? How many successful and non-successful filmakers and producers in Hollywood do you know? I'm just curious because you sure seem to think you know a lot about Hollywood for someone living in Lenexa, KS.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 09:26 PM
And you know this HOW? Do you live in Hollywood? Have you worked in Hollywood? How many successful and non-successful filmakers and producers in Hollywood do you know? I'm just curious because you sure seem to think you know a lot about Hollywood while living in Lenexa, KS.

My Cousin Graduated from USC in 96 with his degree In Film Making and Cinematagrophy, He worked for "American Zoetrope" For a couple of years.

He is now working as the Kansas Film Commissinor and as he and His wife (who also went to USC and got the same Degree) Are filming a Project Right now

P.S (EDIT)-

Not all successful movies are made in hollywood.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
My Cousin Graduated from USC in 96 with his degree In Film Making and Cinematagrophy, He worked for "American Zoetrope" For a couple of years.

So that makes you (and him, give me a break) and expert on Hollywood and the movie studios? You're freakin' clueless.

I worked at Universal for 4 years and at Paramount for 5 years. I knew all of the execs and of course, just like in any walk of life, there were gay men and women in the workforce. But there certainly wasn't and ISN'T a "Gay Agenda"!

The movie studios exist for one thing and it's not entertainment - it's to make money. There is no way that ANY studio head would greenlight a movie because it promotes a "Gay" agenda and ignore the box office reciepts. That would be a quick way to be dismissed.

From your responses on both gay topics, you seem to have a problem with gays in general. It's a good thing you're in Kansas because you wouldn't be able to survive on either coast with your issues.

plbrdude
01-25-2006, 09:44 PM
i think there is a gay agenda, and it's not all coming from hollywood.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 09:45 PM
So that makes you (and him, give me a break) and expert on Hollywood and the movie studios? You're freakin' clueless.

I worked at Universal for 4 years and at Paramount for 5 years. I knew all of the execs and of course, just like in any walk of life, there were gay men and women in the workforce. But there certainly wasn't and ISN'T a "Gay Agenda"!

The movie studios exist for one thing and it's not entertainment - it's to make money. There is no way that ANY studio head would greenlight a movie because it promotes a "Gay" agenda and ignore the box office reciepts. That would be a quick way to be dismissed.

From your responses on both gay topics, you seem to have a problem with gays in general. It's a good thing you're in Kansas because you wouldn't be able to survive on either coast with your issues.

Its ok I will Bootleg as many movies as i can!

:thumb:

SLAG
01-25-2006, 09:47 PM

You are correct young man

Rep

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Its ok I will Bootleg as many movies as i can!

What, they don't pay you enough at the fertilizer factory to buy a movie ticket? Great! A homophobe and a thief.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 10:15 PM
What, they don't pay you enough at the fertilizer factory to buy a movie ticket? Great! A homophobe and a thief.

funny how you got fertilizer factory when my Profile says Pharmacy.
:hmmm:

I guess those hollywood folks dont read so good

Id bet you havent even been to lenexa

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2006, 10:16 PM
You're a pharmacist? Scary...

the Talking Can
01-25-2006, 10:28 PM
one movie including homosexuals for every 33,000 movies including heterosexuals = gay agenda?

home schooling = idiot?

Bald but Beautiful
01-25-2006, 10:50 PM
A movie like this was bound to happen sometime. Eventually there was going to be a movie that was going to male homosexual related that will probably go on and win the Oscar for Best Picture. Face the facts, peeps, this will win the Oscar. I am willing to bet on it. Any takers? Just kidding, but it could.

alanm
01-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Why would anyone want to watch a movie about comic book characters? Beats me, but they rake in millions at the box-office. Obviously, the movie attracts the gay and lesbian crowd. It's also a well made movie that's pretty original and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more gay movies coming out in a couple of years. So, maybe it's groundbreaking? It's nominated for many awards, has received a lot of acclaim, so maybe people want to see it for that reason.The only reason its been nominated for any awards is because Hollywood is trying to push its gay agenda on America.

Reaper16
01-25-2006, 11:01 PM
The only reason its been nominated for any awards is because Hollywood is trying to push its gay agenda on America.
Yeah, not because Heath Ledger gave a great, great performance or anything. Nah, couldn't be that. Agenda, yeah.

Walk The Line? Damn country music agenda! Capote? Get your literary agenda out of my theatre!

Truthfully, I'm about sick of the moronic a**hole agenda being pumped out.

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Call 'em gay sheepherders, and nobody cares.

Call 'em gay cowboys, and you've put a skirt on the quintessential American male icon. Which is certainly what they're going for.

Push the envelope, offend the hell out of the red states, and hand out ten gallon bigot hats to anybody who cries foul.

I can't imagine a bigger win/win/win for the ultraleft. You go, girl. :shake:

Reaper16
01-25-2006, 11:04 PM

Call 'em gay cowboys, and you've put a skirt on the quintessential American male icon. Which is certainly what they're going for.

Push the envelope, offend the hell out of the red states, and hand out ten gallon bigot hats to anybody who cries foul.

I can't imagine a bigger win/win/win for the ultraleft. You go, girl. :shake:
It's marketers know how to push buttons, yes. It's also a decent movie with two good actors and a good director. I don't think it should win best picture, though.

alanm
01-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, not because Heath Ledger gave a great, great performance or anything. Nah, couldn't be that. Agenda, yeah.Maybe so. But I wouldn't know. Not my kind of movie. So I can't judge his preformance.
Perhaps you can fill me in on how good it was?

alanm
01-25-2006, 11:06 PM

I can't imagine a bigger win/win/win for the ultraleft. You go, girl. :shake:I hear it's breaking box office records in Wyoming.
:)

chappy
01-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I believe they should be called Shepherds

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't know.
How about, cause comic book super heros are fun and entertaining, and some of of us aren't movie snobs and like mindless entertainment.

What's a movie snob?

If you enjoyed the book Catcher in the Rye, does that make you a book snob? What if you like The West Wing? Or you then a TV Show snob? I like Dali's paintings, so I suppose I'm a Paint Snob? If you like Beethoven, or you automatically a Music Snob?

Reaper16
01-25-2006, 11:13 PM
btw - the movie isn't an all fluffy, "pro-gay" queer-fest. We see how much the relationship ****s things up at home for thier wives, families, etc. Catch it on cable in a year; nobody should turn away from a quality movie because of possibly offensive content.

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:14 PM
It's marketers know how to push buttons, yes. It's also a decent movie with two good actors and a good director. I don't think it should win best picture, though.

It probably is a good movie. Ang Lee is a damn good director. Ledger and Gyw-whatever are excellent actors. If they want to make a gay movie, fine, that's their business.

But I'm tired of the liberal press beating me over the head with it. I not gonna go see this movie, anymore than I'd watch some friggin chick flick.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2006, 11:14 PM
What's a movie snob?

You are the definition.

Skip Towne
01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Maybe so. But I wouldn't know. Not my kind of movie. So I can't judge his preformance.
Perhaps you can fill me in on how good it was?
:thumb: That's what I thought.

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:15 PM
What's a movie snob?

If you enjoyed the book Catcher in the Rye, does that make you a book snob? What if you like The West Wing? Or you then a TV Show snob? I like Dali's paintings, so I suppose I'm a Paint Snob? If you like Beethoven, or you automatically a Music Snob?

Jesus Christ. I'll bet you get beat up alot. :spock:

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:16 PM
The people who think Brokeback Mountain has a gay agenda are the same people who thought Million Dollar Baby had an euthanasia agenda.

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:17 PM

I'd take that bet. I'll also defend myself from a "film snob" label.

Boon
01-25-2006, 11:19 PM
It probably is a good movie. Ang Lee is a damn good director. Ledger and Gyw-whatever are excellent actors. If they want to make a gay movie, fine, that's their business.

But I'm tired of the liberal press beating me over the head with it. I not gonna go see this movie, anymore than I'd watch some friggin chick flick.

That's what I'm talking about.

Reaper16
01-25-2006, 11:21 PM

I don't know about liberal press, but I agree with this. It's a tragic love story - not most guys' cup of tea regardless of sexual persuasion. I too get turned off when the marketing machine blitzes a certain film thoughout the media. I only saw it because I'm a big movie fan, heard it was good, and am a fan of Ang Lee and Jake Gyllenhall. (Heath "A Knight's Tale" Ledger earned my respect as an actor in this movie with a strong, fully realized performance.)

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:23 PM

When commercials and newspapers seem to beat you in the head, do you really have much room to talk?

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I'd take that bet. I'll also defend myself from a "film snob" label.

You're 18 years old, have a picture of Woody Allen as your avatar, and you are seriously interested in all that other crap, and, I say again, YOU'RE 18? Not to mention the fact that you're talking about it on FRIGGIN FOOTBALL BB?

I guess there's something to be said for expanding one's horizons, but I'd personally feel alot better if you'd post something positive about beer, fast cars or big tits. At least once.

Damn :shake:

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:29 PM
I don't know about liberal press, but I agree with this. It's a tragic love story - not most guys' cup of tea regardless of sexual persuasion. I too get turned off when the marketing machine blitzes a certain film thoughout the media. I only saw it because I'm a big movie fan, heard it was good, and am a fan of Ang Lee and Jake Gyllenhall. (Heath "A Knight's Tale" Ledger earned my respect as an actor in this movie with a strong, fully realized performance.)

I think I'll stick with Doctor Zhivago. :D

Boon
01-25-2006, 11:31 PM
I think I'll stick with Doctor Zhivago. :D

I'll go with Animal House.

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I'll go with Animal House.

Yeah, Otter and Dean Wormer's wife - that's epic tragic love. :D

Hammock Parties
01-25-2006, 11:39 PM
My favorite romance movie is probably "Casablanca."

I'm a dumbass though. I liked "While you were sleeping," too.

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:40 PM
You're 18 years old, have a picture of Woody Allen as your avatar, and you are seriously interested in all that other crap, and, I say again, YOU'RE 18? Not to mention the fact that you're talking about it on FRIGGIN FOOTBALL BB?

I guess there's something to be said for expanding one's horizons, but I'd personally feel alot better if you'd post something positive about beer, fast cars or big tits. At least once.

Damn :shake:

You're an overweight near forty year old,closed-minded smoker who liked The Godfather Returns. And you have a Stanley Kubrick film in your avator and are talking about the same "crap" right now that I am.

While you spend the small amount of money you have on beer and fast cars, I save my money for college. I don't need advice from you.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2006, 11:41 PM
You're an overweight near forty year old,closed-minded smoker who liked The Godfather Returns. And you have a Stanley Kubrick film in your avator and are talking about the same "crap" right now that I am.

While you spend the small amount of money you have on beer and fast cars, I save my money for college. I don't need advice from you.

Go Jenson! Go Jenson! It's your birthday!

Imon Yourside
This is a movie to take the whole family to watch, yes it is. Disney's got nothing on bareback mounting.

Frazod

Whatever, sweetheart.

KChiefsQT
01-25-2006, 11:42 PM

Live a little.

KChiefsQT
01-25-2006, 11:44 PM

That's what loans are for. Go buy a bottle of Hennessy and a hooker on the corner.

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Live a little.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Whatever, sweetheart.

You should save that line for your wife. Or is she out searching for jobs to support your overabundant eating, smoking, and drinking habits?

KChiefsQT
01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.
With that mouth... you'll get turned down by that hooker I spoke of before.... save your money.

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:51 PM
You should save that line for your wife. Or is she out searching for jobs to support your overabundant eating, smoking, and drinking habits?

I'm sorry if I made you angry. I wouldn't want to take out your aggression on your pet poodle, or start throwing your dolls across the room.

Imon Yourside
01-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I can just feel the love in this thread, it's uncanny really.

KChiefsQT
01-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm sorry if I made you angry. I wouldn't want to take out your aggression on your pet poodle, or start throwing your dolls across the room.
It's sexual frustration. He's sick of whacking off to the Olsen twin videos. I'll throw in a dollar for a hooker, and match up to $20 to see to it that boy gets laid.

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:55 PM
It's sexual frustration. He's sick of whacking off to the Olsen twin videos. I'll throw in a dollar for a hooker, and match up to $20 to see to it that boy gets laid.

Didn't work with gochiefs, and he's much closer to Mexico. Of course, gochiefs was NEVER this friggin bad.

Jenson71
01-25-2006, 11:56 PM

What makes you think I'm angry? I'm simply stating facts you've advertised about your own pathetic life. You question how much man I have in me, yet self control and will power is a skill you have yet to learn in forty years of living.

KChiefsQT
01-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Didn't work with gochiefs, and he's much closer to Mexico. Of course, gochiefs was NEVER this friggin bad.
GoChiefs is an undercover pimp.

Frazod
01-25-2006, 11:59 PM
What makes you think I'm angry? I'm simply stating facts you've advertised about your own pathetic life. You question how much man I have in me, yet self control and will power is a skill you have yet to learn in forty years of living.

If you're not angry, you should be. You're a f#cking freak.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2006, 12:00 AM
GoChiefs is an undercover pimp.

STRAIGHT UP NOW TELL ME DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOVE ME FOREVER OH OH OH OR AM I CAUGHT IN A HIT AND RUN

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:01 AM
What's a movie snob?

If you don't want to see a gay love story are you automatically a homophobe?

I've read Romeo and Juliet, and I don't give a fat frog's ass if you change the setting to the Titanic or a gay ranch in the middle of no-****ing-where, I'm not into it.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 12:02 AM
STRAIGHT UP NOW TELL ME DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOVE ME FOREVER OH OH OH OR AM I CAUGHT IN A HIT AND RUN
ROFL typical.
And here I was trying to help you out.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Your momma's calling to tuck you in. She says, "It is WAY past your bedtime son!!!!"

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 12:06 AM

I don't think not wanting to see it makes you hate or fear gays, no. Obviously, it could just be uncomfortable to see two men making love to one another. It's not something I enjoy, but I don't enjoy seeing Jews getting burnt in chambers either. However, if you asked me to spend a few hours watching Schindler's List, I wouldn't hesitate one bit.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 12:09 AM
I don't think not wanting to see it makes you hate or fear gays, no. Obviously, it could just be uncomfortable to see two men making love to one another. It's not something I enjoy, but I don't enjoy seeing Jews getting burnt in chambers either. However, if you asked me to spend a few hours watching Schindler's List, I wouldn't hesitate one bit.
ROFL ROFL

alanm
01-26-2006, 12:10 AM

You go girl!! :thumb: :D

pak1983
01-26-2006, 12:10 AM
I would never watch this movie. Im not a homophobe, i could careless if people want to be gay. i just dont care to watch a story about it. also frazod and kchiefsqt you are both dipshits. go suck the shit out of your assholes with giant tropicana straws. the shit that spews out of your mouth could be drained from roto rooter right after you give yourselves rectal rooters.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 12:11 AM
ROFL ROFL

What? That's about the best I could describe the scene. Maybe it's not really making love, but it's their way of showing it.

alanm
01-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Gotta love it. Another 18 yr old who has all the answers. :)

Boon
01-26-2006, 12:15 AM
I would never watch this movie. Im not a homophobe, i could careless if people want to be gay. i just dont care to watch a story about it. also frazod and kchiefsqt you are both dipshits. go suck the shit out of your assholes with giant tropicana straws. the shit that spews out of your mouth could be drained from roto rooter right after you give yourselves rectal rooters.

Giant Tropicana straws???

WTF

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 12:15 AM

I think it's great you want to be a teacher. I'm not sure what kind of information you're going to teach and to whom, but good luck. You're going to need it.

Frazod
01-26-2006, 12:17 AM

I'm trying really hard to be pissed by this, but this f#cking retard is just too funny. ROFL

Jenson71
Gotta love it. Another 18 yr old who has all the answers. :)

I was just told to spend my money not on college, but hookers, beer and fast cars. Think about that, alanm.

Rausch

Excellent, now we're getting somewhere.

I'll take it a step further.

I was once a fat bastard. I'm related to fat bastards. I'm friends with a ton of fat bastards.

That don't mean I want to watch two fat bastards (of any sex) ****. Simulated or otherwise.

I still like 'em, they're still good people, I just don't don't want to watch them breed.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:18 AM
I was just told to spend my money not on college, but hookers, beer and fast cars. Are those the answers?

Tough lessons to learn but they'll teach you a $#itload...

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 12:24 AM
I think it's great you want to be a teacher. I'm not sure what kind of information you're going to teach and to whom, but good luck. You're going to need it.
I'm serious about this live a little thing. Normal people have personal/social lives and professional lives... and know how to distinguish the two. I will be an amazing teacher...as I am an amazing volleyball coach and nanny. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 12:25 AM

Even your dumb ass can do better than that. Dipshits....pahahah... tell us something we don't know. No pun intended Fraz-dizzle.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2006, 12:26 AM
When it comes to gays, I refer to Darth Vader:

I have been to worlds were they have six sexes. The New Order has no interest in what goes on in the bedrooms of its citizens, and as long as their marriage licenses are paid for with good Imperial Credits, I cannot see anyone complaining.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm serious about this live a little thing. Normal people have personal/social lives and professional lives... and know how to distinguish the two. I will be an amazing teacher...as I am an amazing volleyball coach and nanny. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

What evidence have I given to you that indicates I am not normal?

Frazod
01-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Even your dumb ass can do better than that. Dipshits....pahahah... tell us something we don't know. No pun intended Fraz-dizzle.

Yeah, he gets an F for smack creativity. :)

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:28 AM
When it comes to gays, I refer to Darth Vader

Makes sense...

alanm
01-26-2006, 12:29 AM
I was just told to spend my money not on college, but hookers, beer and fast cars. Think about that, alanm.
Lighten up Francis. At 18 I was in college, drinking beer and driving a 396 Chevelle. Didn't need the hookers either. AND after all that and expanding my mind in college doing just about every drug under the sun I still managed to have a career in Federal law enforcement and retired after 20. Now, I'm back in school working on another career.

So in effect, You CAN have it all. :thumb:

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:31 AM
What evidence have I given to you that indicates I am not normal?

Uh, your avatar, for one.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2006, 12:32 AM

ANYONE WHO LIKES WOODY ALLEN IS NOT NORMAL!!!

Logical
01-26-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm sorry if I made you angry. I wouldn't want to take out your aggression on your pet poodle, or start throwing your dolls across the room.ROFL well I think gojenson has finally completed the circuit. He has managed to get into it with almost all the real regulars at one time or another. Tonite Frazod is added to the list. What is amazing is how he has been able to spread it out over such a long time period.

Logical
01-26-2006, 12:34 AM
ANYONE WHO LIKES WOODY ALLEN IS NOT NORMAL!!!You sure yell a lot lately, is your caps lock stuck on?

Hammock Parties
01-26-2006, 12:38 AM
You sure yell a lot lately, is your caps lock stuck on?

I'M STUCK ON YOU I'VE GOT THIS FEELING DOWN DEEP IN MY SOUL THAT I JUST CAN'T LOSE GUESS I'M ON MY WAY NEEDED A FRIEND AND THE WAY I FEEL NOW I GUESS I'LL BE WITH YOU TIL THE END GUESS I'M ON MY WAY I'M MIGHTY GLAD YOU STAYED

alanm
Yeah, you could have at least used this one.

Jenson71
Okay, okay, the Woody Allen might be a little abnormal.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Okay, okay, the Woody Allen might be a little abnormal.

It's not abnormal.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1482/newsflash1dr4lt4io.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 12:40 AM
ROFL well I think gojenson has finally completed the circuit. He has managed to get into it with almost all the real regulars at one time or another. Tonite Frazod is added to the list. What is amazing is how he has been able to spread it out over such a long time period.

One thing I like is how I never start the arguments, yet I always shut my foes down.

pak1983
01-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Giant Tropicana straws???

WTF

Remember the commercials when the put the straw into the orange?

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 12:43 AM
It's not abnormal.

Your support, while unnecessary, is appreciated, gopaint.

Frazod
01-26-2006, 12:53 AM
One thing I like is how I never start the arguments, yet I always shut my foes down.

I'm not your foe. You're nothing to me. I feel mildly sorry for you, and think it's sad that you're such a freak. But since I'll never know you, I really don't give a shit, and I'm not going to dwell on it.

So if you chalk that up as a victory, well, enjoy.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 01:01 AM
Suddenly, you're proud, high horse has fallen on it's stomache, Frazod. I don't expect any more offensives from you for a long time now. Be a good, open minded fellow and run along.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Suddenly, you're proud, high horse has fallen on it's stomache, Frazod. I don't expect any more offensives from you for a long time now. Be a good, open minded fellow and run along.
Ha Ha Ha. Still not funny. :shake:

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 01:54 AM
Wow! This thread has turned from Mr. Homophobe Slag (who's a freakin' douche nozzle if I've ever met one), into Planet Member vs. Planet Member.

Jenson, you've just earned the right to send me a script. I'm very impressed. It better be in the proper format or it will never get read by anyone. Advice to heed.

QT, I've long monitored your posts and please work on the grammar. If you plan to get a job in the private school sector, you need a lot of work. Good luck with that. Otherwise, be happy with the $27,456 the state of California will pay you each year.

And Mr. Frazod - I've avoided your wrath for years. And I'm chosing to avoid it once again.

Dane
~never surprised at the Planet

Halfcan
01-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Everyone should Rep Foxman for having the coolest sig on the Planet.

RUSH!!!!!!!!!!

Mecca
01-26-2006, 02:00 AM
Larry Johnson+QT's ass>Rush

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 02:54 AM
QT, I've long monitored your posts and please work on the grammar. If you plan to get a job in the private school sector, you need a lot of work. Good luck with that. Otherwise, be happy with the $27,456 the state of California will pay you each year.

Dane
Listen, Dane.... As this is the first time I have ever seen or heard of you I'll take it easy on ya. If I chose to NOT use proper grammar when I am typing on a damn message board... leave it be. PLEASE WORK ON THE GRAMMAR. You can take your 600 posts and shove them up your ass. As for my career.... you can avoid giving me further advice, cause frankly I don't give a flying ****. Furthermore, I see you reside in Hollywood. :hmmm: This is where I feel semi-sorry for you. It's understandable that after a night of being ass-raped by your flamer boyfriend you would need to come on the board and act like a whiney bitch, trying to take some of the pain away. Maybe you should consider switching over to the opposite sex.

One more thing...just in case I haven't made my point: You're a ****ing douche bag. How's that for working on the grammar. Men, especially butt hurt men.... :shake:

Bootlegged
01-26-2006, 04:37 AM
The people who think Brokeback Mountain has a gay agenda are the same people who thought Million Dollar Baby had an euthanasia agenda.

ROFL This thread is great. Word of advice, wear a large coat to the theater...you don't want any Paul Reubens publicity.

Bootlegged
01-26-2006, 04:39 AM

Yes, KU has been pumping this shit out for years.

Inspector
01-26-2006, 07:36 AM

Hey, I'm an astronaut!!

Wait...eh, that still aint cool enough.

It's hard to top this.

Thanks for coming around Dane! I can brag to my friends about posting on the same thread as a cool Hollywood dude.

Heck, we don't get that kind of thrill aound here much. Just ropin cows and sloppin the hogs is about it for us hicks.

This is way cool. Any way I can get your autograph? Just to show off?

SLAG
01-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Hey, I'm an astronaut!!

It's hard to top this.

Thanks for coming around Dane! I can brag to my friends about posting on the same thread as a cool Hollywood dude.

Heck, we don't get that kind of thrill aound here much. Just ropin cows and sloppin the hogs is about it for us hicks.

This is way cool. Any way I can get your autograph? Just to show off?

When you get his Autograph can I have a Picture of it.. I want to Forge it and Sell it on Ebay

Inspector
01-26-2006, 07:50 AM
When you get his Autograph can I have a Picture of it.. I want to Forge it and Sell it on Ebay

Yeah man, it would be worth a fortune to some backwoods, fart sniffin midwest yokel.

Oh, different subject...have you ever heard the notion that someone would post on the internet as someone other than who they really are?

Kind of like they are too embarrassed by their real life so they make up a really cool life and pretend to be that person?

I don't know what made me think of that....Must be the pig slop or cow farts effecting the air around the trailer here....

Bwana
01-26-2006, 08:03 AM
You question how much man I have in me,

Um Jenson, Other than perhaps one or two that post on the board NO ONE wants you to answer that!

plbrdude
01-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah man, it would be worth a fortune to some backwoods, fart sniffin midwest yokel.

Oh, different subject...have you ever heard the notion that someone would post on the internet as someone other than who they really are?

Kind of like they are too embarrassed by their real life so they make up a really cool life and pretend to be that person?

I don't know what made me think of that....Must be the pig slop or cow farts effecting the air around the trailer here....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
mebbe you couldn git hisn autergraff fer me too. i's reckun i coulds frame it and hung it here in me's werk shop. then when i'ms a werkin i's ken looky thar ands member that i's wunce herd a one them thar movie type fellers an he sined his'n john henry for me. i'ds be so prouda that.

ameliorated1216
01-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I don't understand, how a movie so popular, (which has been out sold at the box office for the full 7 weeks it has been released by many movies' first weekend release amount). I mean honestly, Hostel, a movie by Lion's Gate, has sold as many tickets in 3 weeks. I still don't care to see either one of those movies. Why are we still talking about this?

Otter
01-26-2006, 08:33 AM
When and where the hell did "Dane" and "Jenson" pop out of the woodwork and how did ROFL Frazod of all people wind up wrestling with them?

I really need to start checking in here more, I just don't spend the time in front of a computer I used to.

From what little I know about this movie is that given the choices I'd be finding out real fast if sheep like white wine or red.

SLAG
01-26-2006, 08:38 AM
When and where the hell did "Dane" and "Jenson" pop out of the woodwork and how did ROFL Frazod of all people wind up wrestling with them?

I really need to start checking in here more, I just don't spend the time in front of a computer I used to.

From what little I know about this movie is that given the choices I'd be finding out real fast if sheep like white wine or red.

Dane is like the Middle School Bully... he Likes to make fun of people to make up for his own short comings.

I think its all that Producer semen that has been pumped up his ass

Otter
01-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Dane is like the Middle School Bully... he Likes to make fun of people to make up for his own short comings.

I think its all that Producer semen that has been pumped up his ass

it's now backed up in his brain and coming out his through his finger tips

SLAG
01-26-2006, 08:44 AM
it's now backed up in his brain and coming out his through his finger tips
:clap::clap:

Otter
01-26-2006, 08:51 AM
:clap::clap:

I never turn down the opportunity to quote "Reservoir Dogs".

Frazod
01-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Wow! This thread has turned from Mr. Homophobe Slag (who's a freakin' douche nozzle if I've ever met one), into Planet Member vs. Planet Member.

Jenson, you've just earned the right to send me a script. I'm very impressed. It better be in the proper format or it will never get read by anyone. Advice to heed.

And Mr. Frazod - I've avoided your wrath for years. And I'm chosing to avoid it once again.

Dane

Avoid me and pick on QT. What a tough little metrosexual you must be. :shake:

Raiderhater
01-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Yes, KU has been pumping this shit out for years.

F#ckin' A! That's rep.

Pennywise
01-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Didnt Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow do 'Mansex on the Silver Mountain' in 1975?

Dartgod
01-26-2006, 09:25 AM

Dane
~never surprised at the Planet.

Bwana
01-26-2006, 09:57 AM

ROFL No kidding.

Skip Towne
01-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Wow! Gojenson has become a steaming pile. What happened to the little fella?

Sully
01-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. I'm extremely liberal when it comes to accepting homosexuality, so the premise of the film was one I didn't think would bother me. However, I did think I'd be fairly uncomfortable watching the sex scenes. Turns out, there was really only one, very short, sex scene, involving gay sex. There were 3-4 involving straight sex (inluding Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway nekkid). The acting was great in the movie. I think Gyllenhall and Ledger, and even Michelle Williams did a very good job with the characters.
However, the story was a little boring in parts. It dragged, and it seemed the movie could have been a lot shorter than it was. So, though the acting was great, I don't think it was a great movie. I think the reason it will win Best Pic has more to do with the fact that it's sort of groundbreaking to explore this type of relationship, expecially with A-list type actors and a studio, and that is bringing the accolades.

Saulbadguy
01-26-2006, 10:28 AM
It's amazing how much ugly people can get when they are simply disagreeing on taste in movies.

NewChief
01-26-2006, 10:33 AM
My wife went and saw it. I'll see it once it comes out on rental, as I love E. Annie Proulx, the writer who wrote the original story it's based upon.

The thing that got me was this:
Evidently the two lovers meet in Montana on "Brokeback Mountain" every year to go fishing together. Hearing this, I got pretty interested in the movie, thinking there might be some good fishing scenes in it. So I start asking my wife about the fishing. That's when I find out that they weren't even actually fishing. They never even took the pricetags off their gear. I mean, come on! Meeting for hot buttsex on Brokeback Mountain is one thing... but going to Montana and not fishing... that's inexcusable.

Skip Towne
01-26-2006, 10:38 AM
My wife went and saw it. I'll see it once it comes out on rental, as I love E. Annie Proulx, the writer who wrote the original story it's based upon.

The thing that got me was this:
Evidently the two lovers meet in Montana on "Brokeback Mountain" every year to go fishing together. Hearing this, I got pretty interested in the movie, thinking there might be some good fishing scenes in it. So I start asking my wife about the fishing. That's when I find out that they weren't even actually fishing. They never even took the pricetags off their gear. I mean, come on! Meeting for hot buttsex on Brokeback Mountain is one thing... but going to Montana and not fishing... that's inexcusable.
Yeth it is, Thweetie. :thailor:

Bootlegged
01-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. I'm extremely liberal when it comes to accepting homosexuality, so the premise of the film was one I didn't think would bother me. However, I did think I'd be fairly uncomfortable watching the sex scenes. Turns out, there was really only one, very short, sex scene, involving gay sex. There were 3-4 involving straight sex (inluding Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway nekkid). The acting was great in the movie. I think Gyllenhall and Ledger, and even Michelle Williams did a very good job with the characters.
However, the story was a little boring in parts. It dragged, and it seemed the movie could have been a lot shorter than it was. So, though the acting was great, I don't think it was a great movie. I think the reason it will win Best Pic has more to do with the fact that it's sort of groundbreaking to explore this type of relationship, expecially with A-list type actors and a studio, and that is bringing the accolades.

Did they show the one guys penis entering the other guys asshole? Did they 69? I mean, if they're going to put it on the big screen, they might as well show everyone whats involved in this sort of thing.

Right, Dane?

Sully
01-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Did they show the one guys penis entering the other guys asshole? Did they 69? I mean, if they're going to put it on the big screen, they might as well show everyone whats involved in this sort of thing.

Right, Dane?
They hardly showed anything...

SLAG
01-26-2006, 10:50 AM

Right, Dane?

Dane was the Creative Consultant On the Gay Sex Scenes If I remember Correctly

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Dane was the Creative Consultant On the Gay Sex Scenes If I remember Correctly

Yeah, and I'm glad that you were willing to perform on camera because you were awesome as a double in those scenes.

Brock
01-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, and I'm glad that you were willing to perform on camera because you were awesome as a double in those scenes.

You were the fluffer, right?

SLAG
01-26-2006, 11:00 AM

hey..

I used a Stunt Cock..

STUNT COCK!!!

Nzoner
01-26-2006, 11:01 AM

"All work and no play makes Jenson a dull boy."

Seriously,lighten the hell up,higher education is NOT always found in school.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Listen, Dane.... As this is the first time I have ever seen or heard of you I'll take it easy on ya

Excuse me for not being a post-whore, but I've been around since the old KC Star days. You put your stupid-ass picture up for everyone to see, tell everyone intimate details of your life and your life's ambition, but turn into a bitch-on-wheels when someone calls you on it (i.e. me on your grammar and a ton of others about your ass pic)? Sounds to me like YOU'RE the one with the confidence problem. Search for the John Goodman is Dead thread, then tell me you're sorry about where I live.

Avoid me and pick on QT. What a tough little metrosexual you must be.

Fraz, I didn't avoid you. I was giving you a little respect, especially since Jenson freakin' BODY SLAMMED you long before I posted. Again, if you're going to post intimate detail of your life on a bulletin board for the world to see, you better be prepared when it's thrown back in your face.

As to all you other Fockers, bring it on. :)

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
You were the fluffer, right?

No, as SLAG already stated, I was the Producer who hired him to do the gay sex scenes! Read the posts, man!

SLAG
01-26-2006, 11:12 AM
No, as SLAG already stated, I was the Producer who hired him to do the gay sex scenes! Read the posts, man!

Well if YOU read the Posts..
you were the Creative Consultant

vailpass
01-26-2006, 11:14 AM
As to all you other Fockers, bring it on. :)

ROFL OMFG please.
What's up Dane? Feeling a little froggy today? Casting your lot with Jensen is a one-way ticket to nowhere good.

Saulbadguy
01-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Anyone who has participated on this thread, except me of course, is retarded.

Anyone who does not like everything that I like is also retarded.

SLAG02 randomly capitalizes words for no reason.

kcchiefsqt is an attention whore, who may have eaten paint chips as a kid.

Hollywood has a shitty movie agenda. Not a gay agenda.

Dartgod
01-26-2006, 11:20 AM
ROFL OMFG please.
What's up Dane? Feeling a little froggy today? Casting your lot with Jensen is a one-way ticket to nowhere good.
http://www.shannonburns.com/toon330.gif

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Well if YOU read the Posts..you were the Creative Consultant

What's interesting about this movie is that it was co-written by Larry McMurtry (Lonesome Dove, among others), directed by Ang Lee and distributed by Universal.

I have yet to see it but friends that have tell me that it's pretty much your average boring love story and if it were a man and a women (instead of the gay cowboys), no one would even give this movie a second thought.

I'll probably get a copy before the Oscar voting (I'm not a voter but have access to the DVD's provided to the Academy Members) but for the most part, cowboy movies for me start with John Wayne and end with Clint Eastwood. There's been a few since the "glory days" of westerns, but not many. And I doubt this will qualify as one of the good ones.

NewChief
01-26-2006, 11:22 AM
What's interesting about this movie is that it was co-written by Larry McMurtry (Lonesome Dove, among others), directed by Ang Lee and distributed by Universal.

And based on a short story written by Pulitzer Prize winning author E. Annie Proulx (also wrote the Shipping News, which is what she won the Pulitzer for).

Those are some heavy hitters.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Hollywood has a shitty movie agenda. Not a gay agenda.

Truer words were never spoken.

Kclee
01-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Truer words were never spoken.

You should have quoted his whole post.

Damn... now I'm retarded. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

vailpass
01-26-2006, 11:30 AM
http://www.shannonburns.com/toon330.gif

Holier than thou? Me?
Stop it DG. You know I wouldn't act that way unless Denver had made the SuperBowl :)

Saulbadguy
01-26-2006, 11:35 AM
You should have quoted his whole post.

Damn... now I'm retarded. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
SOONER rather than later, my friend. :)

Kclee
01-26-2006, 11:37 AM
SOONER rather than later, my friend. :)

:drool:

Huh?

Dartgod
01-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Holier than thou? Me?
Stop it DG. You know I wouldn't act that way unless Denver had made the SuperBowl :)
Not you. I was just answering your question.

Eleazar
01-26-2006, 11:46 AM
This thread is ghey

Otter
01-26-2006, 11:47 AM
(I'm not a voter but have access to the DVD's provided to the Academy Members)

Dane,

You work in the film industry, we get it. We got it on your 2nd post in this thread.

DANE WORKS IN THE FILM INDUSTRY EVERYONE!!!

SLAG
01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Dane,

You work in the film industry, we get it. We got it on your 2nd post in this thread.

I bootleg Acadamey Award Dvd's

and you Should Too

:thumb:

Nzoner
01-26-2006, 11:57 AM

According to a friend of mine,yes,he told me so after I quit watching Hedwig And The Angry Inch,a movie he brought over for for a couples movie night the wife and I hosted.

Frazod
01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Fraz, I didn't avoid you. I was giving you a little respect, especially since Jenson freakin' BODY SLAMMED you long before I posted. Again, if you're going to post intimate detail of your life on a bulletin board for the world to see, you better be prepared when it's thrown back in your face.

He didn't bodyslam jackshit, Dame. To summarize, he basically called me a fat beer drinking smoker who sponges a living off my wife. And apparently he didn't like that Godfather book. ooooooh

Well, let's see. I quit smoking. Yeah, I'm fat, but I'm losing weight. If getting fat at 40 is a crime, sue me and half the country. And I don't drink beer - I drink $130+ a bottle scotch, and certainly not to excess. And as my wife is unemployed, I guess her income isn't supporting my non-existant beer habit.

gojenson did his best to paint me into a trailer court, but I'm sorry, it just didn't work. At least in the beginning, I was somewhat concerned about him being such a little sissy. At somepoint, I realized he was a lost cause.

But he can still grow up to be you, I guess. Hooray for him.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 11:58 AM

Actually, not anymore. I left two years ago. But most of my neighbors do.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 12:02 PM
He didn't bodyslam jackshit, Dame. To summarize, he basically called me a fat beer drinking smoker who sponges a living off my wife. And apparently he didn't like that Godfather book. ooooooh

Well, let's see. I quit smoking. Yeah, I'm fat, but I'm losing weight. If getting fat at 40 is a crime, sue me and half the country. And I don't drink beer - I drink $130+ a bottle scotch, and certainly not to excess. And as my wife is unemployed, I guess her income isn't supporting my non-existant beer habit.

gojenson did his best to paint me into a trailer court, but I'm sorry, it just didn't work. At least in the beginning, I was somewhat concerned about him being such a little sissy. At somepoint, I realized he was a lost cause.

It's good to see that you're still an angry bastard, even after the lifestyle changes. Sorry to hear about your wife's situation. Good luck.

Frazod
01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
It's good to see that you're still an angry bastard, even after the lifestyle changes. Sorry to hear about your wife's situation. Good luck.

Yeah, it's integral part of my charm.

Saulbadguy
01-26-2006, 12:17 PM

..and he didn't even mention your least desirable attribute, Tiger fan. :)

Frazod
01-26-2006, 12:20 PM
..and he didn't even mention your least desirable attribute, Tiger fan. :)

gojenson is from Manhattan, isn't he? :hmmm:

Mike in SW-MO
01-26-2006, 12:24 PM

I have yet to see it but friends that have tell me that it's pretty much your average boring love story and if it were a man and a women (instead of the gay cowboys), no one would even give this movie a second thought.

I'll probably get a copy before the Oscar voting (I'm not a voter but have access to the DVD's provided to the Academy Members) but for the most part, cowboy movies for me start with John Wayne and end with Clint Eastwood. There's been a few since the "glory days" of westerns, but not many. And I doubt this will qualify as one of the good ones.

I think you have succeeded in illustrating the agenda of the movie industry.

Average boring love story that would not be given a second thought if it wasn't about gay cowboys.

So why is it being given the royal treatment in the awards with huge publicity?
Because it is a movie about gay cowboys.

What is there about this movie that is more deserving of awards than "The Passion of the Christ?" (Which I also did not see. Before I am painted as a religious wackjob.)

Whether you like it or not, gay-friendly entertainment gets a very different reception than family/Christian/religious friendly entertainment.

Have you seen any award nominations or buzz for Narnia?

Some critics and pundits were actually critcizing it because of hidden Christian themes.

KcMizzou
01-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Jesus Christ. I'll bet you get beat up alot. :spock:ROFL

SLAG
01-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I think you have succeeded in illustrating the agenda of the movie industry.

Average boring love story that would not be given a second thought if it wasn't about gay cowboys.

So why is it being given the royal treatment in the awards with huge publicity?
Because it is a movie about gay cowboys.

What is there about this movie that is more deserving of awards than "The Passion of the Christ?" (Which I also did not see. Before I am painted as a religious wackjob.)

Whether you like it or not, gay-friendly entertainment gets a very different reception than family/Christian/religious friendly entertainment.

Have you seen any award nominations or buzz for Narnia?

Some critics and pundits were actually critcizing it because of hidden Christian themes.

If King Kong Would have Picked up and chased after Sean Penn instead He would have won an Oscar

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I think you have succeeded in illustrating the agenda of the movie industry. Average boring love story that would not be given a second thought if it wasn't about gay cowboys.

I wouldn't go that far. There's been plenty of Oscar nominated and Oscar winning love stories over the years (Titanic, Bridges of Madison County, The English Patient, Terms of Endearment, Shakespeare in Love, etc.). I'm guessing the reason it's getting so much publicity is probably because it is a good movie. But that doesn't mean that I want to see it. I've never even seen Titanic (personal reasons), Bridges of Madison County or the English Patient. Love stories bore the hell out of me.

KcMizzou
01-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey, I'm an astronaut!!

It's hard to top this.

This is way cool. Any way I can get your autograph? Just to show off?The guy never posts anything without mentioning Hollywood. It's quite funny.

Eleazar
01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
I agree that if this movie weren't a gay movie no one would be giving it a second thought. But there wouldn't be a movie if the principles weren't gay, that's the whole point of it.

Regardless, viewpoint-pushing hollywood was probably going to proclaim it the best picture of teh evar no matter if it ended up being good or not.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
The guy never posts anything without mentioning Hollywood. It's quite funny.

That's totally untrue. I post on the football topics all the time. The only reason I even posted on this subject initially is because SLAG was making comments about Hollywood and the movie studios.

I guess my football comments go unnoticed. Or they're not controversial enough to be noticed.

NewChief
01-26-2006, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't go that far. There's been plenty of Oscar nominated and Oscar winning love stories over the years (Titanic, Bridges of Madison County, The English Patient, Terms of Endearment, Shakespeare in Love, etc.). I'm guessing the reason it's getting so much publicity is probably because it is a good movie. But that doesn't mean that I want to see it. I've never even seen Titanic (personal reasons), Bridges of Madison County or the English Patient. Love stories bore the hell out of me.

Also, people seem to be forgetting half the equation. Half of the reason it's getting so much press is because other people are so OUTRAGED! by the fact that there's a movie about gay cowboys.

htismaqe
01-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Somebody needs to start a thread about the music industry...

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
That's totally untrue. I post on the football topics all the time. The only reason I even posted on this subject initially is because SLAG was making comments about Hollywood and the movie studios.

I guess my football comments go unnoticed. Or they're not controversial enough to be noticed.

You could always start a Kordell Stewart or Jake Plummer thread...

SLAG
01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
You could always start a Kordell Stewart or Jake Plummer thread...

I thought we didnt want any more Ghey Topics on here

Logical
01-26-2006, 12:42 PM

You cannot possibly be serious. Nice joke.:clap:

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Somebody needs to start a thread about the music industry...

:)

Salt in the wounds, my friend, salt in the wounds. ROFL

Kclee
01-26-2006, 12:46 PM
If King Kong Would have Picked up and chased after Sean Penn instead He would have won an Oscar

Sorry if you have discussed this in another thread, but how do you pick which words you capitalize?

KcMizzou
01-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Sorry if you have discussed this in another thread, but how do you pick which words you capitalize?i Don't see Anything wrong with that Sentence.

Logical
01-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Wow! Gojenson has become a steaming pile. What happened to the little fella?

I think the boy is finally getting some hormone treatments. It has amplified his abrasiveness.

SLAG
01-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Sorry if you have discussed this in another thread, but how do you pick which words you capitalize?

my left pinkie has a mind of its own

Kclee
01-26-2006, 01:03 PM
my left pinkie has a mind of its own

I think that's how the 'shocker' was invented.

Boon
01-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Also, people seem to be forgetting half the equation. Half of the reason it's getting so much press is because other people are so OUTRAGED! by the fact that there's a movie about gay cowboys.

Not cowboys damnit---shepards!!

Rausch
01-26-2006, 01:06 PM

"...and a thumb for the bum!"

Boon
01-26-2006, 01:11 PM

One in the stink and two in the pink.

SLAG
01-26-2006, 01:12 PM

It even had an Influence on a Major Hollywood Picture

http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/dr.evil_one_miliion_dollars.jpg

Baby Lee
01-26-2006, 01:18 PM
You mean that ONE GUY The Daily Show found to interview?

But sure, go ahead and dig up every person from every corner of the globe who has said anything negative about the movie and convince us that they are;

OUTRAGED!!!!!!!!!!!

and

THE Premiere voice of the people.

NGAF.

vailpass
01-26-2006, 01:51 PM
Not you. I was just answering your question.

:doh!: Um, uh, I knew that. Yeah, that's the ticket.
(sorry for being slow on the uptake today)

FringeNC
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Men generally don't read romance novels and do not go to see romance movies, unless it is a date flick. Don't see how this would be a good date flick....a man leaving his wife for another man --now that's really gonna put her in the mood.

All this moral posturing by the left about how red-state America is too homophobic to see it grows a little a little tiresome. We're simply not interested. Doesn't mean we want sodomy laws enforced, and gays thrown into concentration camps.

And the assertion that Hollywood hasn't given this movie special attention is absurd. The machinery is promoting film like no other.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 03:45 PM
I think the boy is finally getting some hormone treatments. It has amplified his abrasiveness.

Not treatments, but rather, experience and knowledge.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 03:52 PM
At somepoint, I realized he was a lost cause.

Interesting thesis on myself. Ask anyone that knows me, and that would be the last thing they would say about me. I could give you a dozen reasons why I'm not lost off the top of my head this instant. Being a lost cause is something I'll never be familiar with.

Irie James
01-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Hollywood has a shocker agenda.

Frazod
01-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Interesting thesis on myself. Ask anyone that knows me, and that would be the last thing they would say about me. I could give you a dozen reasons why I'm not lost off the top of my head this instant. Being a lost cause is something I'll never be familiar with.

gojenson - 18 year old expert on everything. ROFL

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 03:57 PM
gojenson - 18 year old expert on everything. ROFL

What gives you that idea?

tk13
01-26-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm actually surprised no one threw a fit over that movie "D.E.B.S." I haven't seen it yet, but it's basically supposed to be a teenage type movie that's based around a teenage lesbian relationship. I mean it didn't pack the same star power I guess, but I figured that movie would draw more controversy than this one because it was targeted right at teenagers.

Inspector
01-26-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm actually surprised no one threw a fit over that movie "D.E.B.S." I haven't seen it yet, but it's basically supposed to be a teenage type movie that's based around a teenage lesbian relationship. I mean it didn't pack the same star power I guess, but I figured that movie would draw more controversy than this one because it was targeted right at teenagers.

Teenage lesbians???

Whats wrong with that?

tk13
01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Teenage lesbians???

Whats wrong with that?
Haha, I didn't say I had a problem with it, I was refering to the general public.

journeyscarab
01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Teenage lesbians???

Whats wrong with that?
D.E.B.S. is on Starz all this month!

Irie James
01-26-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm actually surprised no one threw a fit over that movie "D.E.B.S." I haven't seen it yet, but it's basically supposed to be a teenage type movie that's based around a teenage lesbian relationship. I mean it didn't pack the same star power I guess, but I figured that movie would draw more controversy than this one because it was targeted right at teenagers.People like lesbians. They don't like gays guys.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:24 PM
What gives you that idea?

An overwhelming response by frazod....

Brock
01-26-2006, 04:26 PM

He's probably headed home from work. That's something the big people do. You'd probably not understand.

Deberg_1990
01-26-2006, 04:26 PM
People like lesbians. They don't like gays guys.

Very very true.......you hit the nail on the head.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:31 PM
He's probably headed home from work. That's something the big people do. You'd probably not understand.

No he's not. And how would I not understand that? Are you assuming my parents and friend's parents do not work?

mike_b_284
01-26-2006, 04:36 PM

what a pussy.

Brock
01-26-2006, 04:38 PM
No he's not. And how would I not understand that? Are you assuming my parents and friend's parents do not work?

I'm sure your parents do work. I'm sure they'll support you all the way through film school and well beyond.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 04:40 PM

So if you don't work how did you save up all this money for college?...

mike_b_284
I'm sure your parents do work. I'm sure they'll support you all the way through film school and well beyond.
:clap:

htismaqe

They told him that they wanted him to get a "real job".

So he's sucking dicks to get through film school.

Frazod

Uh, I'm busy at work, junior. I'll deal with your infantile ass later.

Deberg_1990
01-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Damnit Jensen, why cant you just go watch Big Mommas House 2 and Underworld on Friday nights like every other kid your age? WHy must you complicate our lives like this???? LOL

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:43 PM
So if you don't work how did you save up all this money for college?...

Who said I don't work?

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:45 PM

You're not sure about that at all. They're not paying a dime for my college. And film school? Another wrong assumption?

Rausch
01-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Who said I don't work?

Oh, I'm sorry. Where do you work Jenson?

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Uh, I'm busy at work, junior. I'll deal with your infantile ass later.

You post everyday throughout the day. Pretty demanding job.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. Where do you work Jenson?

HyVee and the Young Arena.

Brock
01-26-2006, 04:48 PM
HyVee and the Young Arena.

Wow - you're really in demand.

jspchief
01-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. Where do you work Jenson? It has to be Blockbuster Video or some other video store. That's where all the movie dorks work.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow - you're really in demand.

I'm in high school.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:50 PM
It has to be Blockbuster Video or some other video store. That's where all the movie dorks work.

You're from Ankeny. You don't know what HyVee is?

Brock
01-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm in high school.

I'm not surprised. You come across as a naive, ignorant, punk kid.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
It has to be Blockbuster Video or some other video store. That's where all the movie dorks work.

Watch it...

Reaper16
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with appreciating cinema at it's highest forms.

There's everything wrong with getting into arguments with people over nothing all the while using cliched verbal assaults.

Rausch
Which college to you plan to attend?

jspchief
Watch it... ROFL Do you work at a video store?

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:55 PM
University of Iowa or University of Northern Iowa.

To KcMizzou:

Because I thought you did. I thought you also might like to hear what he said about Brokeback Mountain. If so, let me know.

Rausch
ROFL Do you work at a video store?

Years ago.

Fun job if yer' young and single...

htismaqe
I'm not surprised. You come across as a naive, ignorant, punk kid.

It's a coping mechanism, often used by teenagers who are confused about their sexuality...

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:56 PM
It's a coping mechanism, often used by teenagers who are confused about their sexuality...

Being in high school is a coping mechanism, often used by teenagers who are confused about their sexuality?

htismaqe
01-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Being in high school is a coping mechanism, often used by teenagers who are confused about their sexuality?

No.

Acting the way you're acting is a coping mechanism.

You better stop sleep during 3rd period, your comprehension skills are lacking.

jspchief
01-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Years ago.

Fun job if yer' young and single...OK.

For the record, I said "all movie dorks work at video stores" which does not neccesarily mean "all video store employees are movie dorks".

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 04:59 PM
You better stop sleep during 3rd period, your comprehension skills are lacking.

I know what you meant. I also know you mean sleeping instead of sleep.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:00 PM
OK.

For the record, I said "all movie dorks work at video stores" which does not neccesarily mean "all video store employees are movie dorks".

For the record, I do not work at a video store, therefore, using your formula, I am also not a movie dork.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
OK.

What exactly qualifies one as a "movie dork?"

jspchief
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
For the record, I do not work at a video store, therefore, using your formula, I am also not a movie dork.No, you're a more rounded dork.

jspchief
01-26-2006, 05:05 PM
What exactly qualifies one as a "movie dork?"

:hmmm:Someone who inserts their movie snob opinions into every movie discussion. Someone that has to tell you that some obscure Acotr X movie that 10% of the population has seen is better than whichever Actor X movie is the topic at hand. Someone who can no longer enjoy a movie for the entertainment value. Someone that automatically rejects all big budget movies as hollywood tripe.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:06 PM
No, you're a more rounded dork.

And your attitude towards this fellow Iowan is pretty entertaining.

jspchief
01-26-2006, 05:07 PM
And your attitude towards this fellow Iowan is pretty entertaining.What? Is the fact that you live in the same state as me supposed to make me look past your being a loser?

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Someone who inserts their movie snob opinions into every movie discussion. Someone that has to tell you that some obscure Acotr X movie that 10% of the population has seen is better than whichever Actor X movie is the topic at hand. Someone who can no longer enjoy a movie for the entertainment value. Someone that automatically rejects all big budget movies as hollywood tripe.

And I fit that description?

jspchief
01-26-2006, 05:08 PM
And I fit that description?Yes.

Reaper16
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Someone who inserts their movie snob opinions into every movie discussion. Someone that has to tell you that some obscure Acotr X movie that 10% of the population has seen is better than whichever Actor X movie is the topic at hand. Someone who can no longer enjoy a movie for the entertainment value. Someone that automatically rejects all big budget movies as hollywood tripe.
Oh, good. I was worried there for a second. Now I know I'm just a movie elitist. :)

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:11 PM
What? Is the fact that you live in the same state as me supposed to make me look past your being a loser?

More entertainment.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Yes.

You couldn't prove it if I asked you one damn bit.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Using his profile, jspchief is about a week away from his 33rd birthday. He is a roofing contractor, and he has spent more than enough time today trying to make a case that someone almost half his age is a loser.

jspchief
You couldn't prove it if I asked you one damn bit.I don't need to prove it. It's my opinion.

And apparently my opinion is shared by at least a few others.

jspchief
Using his profile, jspchief is about a week away from his 33rd birthday. He is a roofing contractor, and he has spent more than enough time today trying to make a case that someone almost half his age is a loser.Your point?

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't need to prove it. It's my opinion.

And apparently my opinion is shared by at least a few others.

You have a formula with examples that labels someone a movie dork. You labeled me a movie dork, so, you must be able to fit your formula around me. If you can't do that, your forumla has no backbone.

Jenson71
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Your point?

That's my question to you.

Bwana
01-26-2006, 05:27 PM
That's my question to you.

Heh! :)