PDA

View Full Version : Tony Richardson question.......

Mecca
01-25-2006, 08:55 PM
What do you all think is going to happen with T-Rich?

Adam Teicher irritated me yesterday because he said he didn't think the Chiefs should bring him back because in his words. "Richardson makes to much money for a guy who's only on the field 30-40% of the offensive snaps." Then he went on to talk about how they needed to get production from younger guys like Kris Wilson.... :rolleyes:

I'd like for Richardson to come back, but I'm not sure the Chiefs can pay him what he's been making.

Hoover
01-25-2006, 08:57 PM
I'd take him back, but we can't break that bank on him

nychief
01-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I think he'll be back. Wilson is a freakin' joke at this point.

I would not be happy going into the season with Ronnie Cruz as our starting FB.

Rain Man
01-25-2006, 08:59 PM
T-Rich is a pretty valuable guy. Great blocker, great mentor, team leader, success story for the younger players, and he can catch and even run with the ball. I don't know about the salary cap, but I'd sure be disappointed if he left before his time.

el borracho
01-25-2006, 09:00 PM
I'd take him back, but we can't break that bank on him
Ditto. Richardson will be 35 by season's end and, realistically, there is a limit to how much we can pay a fullback. Maybe one of these days Kris Wilson will figure out how to block. :shrug:

tk13
01-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Most importantly, he's kind of LJ's father figure in the locker room. I actually like Ronnie Cruz and hope we can develop him into a good FB, but I'm in no hurry to get rid of T-Rich.

ClevelandChief
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Ditto. Richardson will be 35 by season's end and, realistically, there is a limit to how much we can pay a fullback. Maybe one of these days Kris Wilson will figure out how to block. :shrug:

For the record, T-rich retired in my madden season and i put kris wilson at FB and he blocks like a champ....KEEP DOUBTING KRIS WILSON

morphius
01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
The prob was that we were still paying him like a RB, the question is whether he will come back at a FB's pay.

Braincase
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Alot of it depends on Robert HOlcombe's progress and Ronnie Cruz' progress. We haven't always been kind to aging fullbacks... just look at how Kimble went out.

Thig Lyfe
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
T-Rich get richer, and boy do we need him for our blocking game!

Mecca
01-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Alot of it depends on Robert HOlcombe's progress and Ronnie Cruz' progress. We haven't always been kind to aging fullbacks... just look at how Kimble went out.

Well in fairness, Anders got moved to HB then ripped his achillies and his career was over.

Dunit35
01-25-2006, 09:27 PM
We can't get rid of T-Rich. That'd be stupid.

Chan93lx50
01-25-2006, 09:52 PM
I can't see T-Rich telling the team to go f*ck themselves I want more money!

He is no spring chicken, he is LJ mentor, and no other team is going to pay him monsterous dough to have him play for them, so I could see TRich taking a pay cut if needed.

As far as I know he is a team player and probably wont press the money issue!

Of course what in the hell do I know this is JMHO

morphius
01-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Holcombe was a one year deal, I believe.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 09:59 PM
We can't get rid of T-Rich. That'd be stupid.

No we cant

beer bacon
01-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Teicher is a dumbass.

nascher
01-25-2006, 11:21 PM
If he wants to play another year i am sure he will for less money he earned enough as FB.