PDA

View Full Version : Getting married in March. Prenups suck!

chris
01-26-2006, 09:59 AM
We've been dating for almost 1.5 years; and several months ago, deceided to get married.

She and I had reached a verbal agreement on everything, now the attorneys are politely telling us how wrong we were.

Her attorney and my attorney are pounding each other; and the meter keeps running.

$5K for a prenup??? Yuck.

Whatever happened to building together??

Eleazar
01-26-2006, 10:01 AM
From what my divorced coworkers tell me, not having one might cost you a lot more than 5k

SLAG
01-26-2006, 10:01 AM
If you are going to get married just to get divorced dont get married

Brock
01-26-2006, 10:02 AM
don't get married.

Phobia
01-26-2006, 10:02 AM
That's sad. You should just take your fiance on a firestation tour. Problem solved.

SLAG
01-26-2006, 10:03 AM
That's sad. You should just take your fiance on a firestation tour. Problem solved.

ROFL

Eleazar
don't get married.

Better idea ROFL

jspchief
Only been together for 1.5 years, and are already divvying up the spoils for the divorce?

Maybe you should put off the wedding.

Chan93lx50
01-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Do you own a Fortune 500 company or something?

chris
01-26-2006, 10:08 AM

I LOVE the collective memeory of the Planet!!!!!! ROFL ROFL

Scaga
01-26-2006, 10:09 AM
You should do like I do...

"Half of nothin'...is still nothin'"

Bugeater
01-26-2006, 10:10 AM
$5K for a prenup sounds excessive to me. You must be friggin' loaded. Besides, don't you know that divorce is the f*cking you get for the f*cking you got?

Phobia
01-26-2006, 10:10 AM
ROFL

How do you know that's funny?

Brock
01-26-2006, 10:11 AM
You hired an attorney. She hired an attorney. WTF did you expect? They're both going to milk it.

SLAG
01-26-2006, 10:12 AM
How do you know that's funny?

I have read

Lurch
01-26-2006, 10:13 AM
If you need a prenup, you shouldn't really get married IMHO.

Jilly
01-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Honestly, what has happened to Love? I don't understand this, why say the vows if you don't trust each other to begin with? If love is supposed to be all about trust and if marriage about sharing a life together, why would material possessions come first?

chris
01-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Oh yeah... back to the original point. Yeah, I can't imagine you should really be suprised by the way things are progressing.

Her's is a piece of work. He keeps objecting to provisions, adding new clauses.....which mean mine has to address these items....at $250 hour!!!!

So I tell her, why don't we forget the prenup. SHe states she doesn't to be poor at retirement age. PLUS her dad want her to have one.

I don't want to breakup over this. But maybe I should take her to a firestation. ROFL

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

jspchief
01-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Honestly, what has happened to Love? I don't understand this, why say the vows if you don't trust each other to begin with? If love is supposed to be all about trust and if marriage about sharing a life together, why would material possessions come first?I agree. Getting married means willingly giving half of your shit to your spouse. Pretty small concession for the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with.

The Bad Guy
01-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Well, I'm getting married in June and I'm not even thinking of this.

If my fiance came to me and said, "let's get a prenup," i'd tell her let's not get married.

5k is a ton of money just to give away. Seriously, if she's worried about being poor at retirement, that means she has no faith in your relationship lasting.

Is she loaded or something? I could understand a prenup if one person is a millionaire and one is an average joe.

jspchief
01-26-2006, 10:25 AM
It's not about not trusting your spouse. It's about not putting blind trust in the State. Do you have the divorce laws in your state memorized? Do you know what happens if you get married there and move to another state in five years? What if you get married, and they change some shit in five years, how does that affect you?

Why just say, "F*ck it, I'm sure the State has my best interests in mind and won't f*ck me," when you have the opportunity to sit down and write your own rules? That's just stupid.Why do I have to put any trust in the state? I'm already putting all of my trust into my wife and my marriage.

Phobia
01-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Here's where you find your own set-rate pre-nup online. (http://www.google.com/search?q=online+prenup&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official) No slimy lawyers to muck things up. Fire your lawyers and tell them you found a different method.

Phobia
01-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Is she loaded or something? I could understand a prenup if one person is a millionaire and one is an average joe.

That's how I'm reading it between the lines. Met via online dating service.

Chan93lx50
01-26-2006, 10:29 AM

Thats the real question. There has to be some reason for the prenup. Does her family have money or something?

It would have been stupid for my wife and I to get a Prenup. When we started dating we were in HS, and 5 years later when we got married. Everything we owned we owned together.

So whats the story? Who has the money?

Dunit35
01-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Get out of this now. That's what I'd do.

Ultra Peanut
01-26-2006, 10:32 AM
If you ain't no punk, holla...

Saulbadguy
01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Put me down as thinking prenups are stupid. Paying for a lawyer to do one for you is even worse!

Demonpenz
01-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Saying you trust your wife not to be some crazy bitch is like saying I know this pitbull is safe to have because it doesn't bite people. Yes it may not show signs now, but you don't want to have the responsibility for years of bred in crazy man eating devourioushiosness

chris
01-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Thats the real question. There has to be some reason for the prenup. Does her family have money or something?

It would have been stupid for my wife and I to get a Prenup. When we started dating we were in HS, and 5 years later when we got married. Everything we owned we owned together.

So whats the story? Who has the money?

We both are financially OK. She grew up poor and has had to work hard. I don't have a problem with the prenup...its just the lawyers that is causing me to vent!!

Chan93lx50
01-26-2006, 10:42 AM
We both are financially OK. She grew up poor and has had to work hard. I don't have a problem with the prenup...its just the lawyers that is causing me to vent!!

Hmmmmm, F*ck the Lawyers, and F*ck the prenup!

Even with a prenup I am sure if you have enough money you could find a Lawyer that would find a loop hole in it and you would be back at square one! JMHO

Bugeater
01-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Her's is a piece of work. He keeps objecting to provisions, adding new clauses.....which mean mine has to address these items....at $250 hour!!!!

So I tell her, why don't we forget the prenup. SHe states she doesn't to be poor at retirement age. PLUS her dad want her to have one.

I don't want to breakup over this. But maybe I should take her to a firestation. ROFL

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

You can be sure her dad is going to be sticking his nose in your affairs often if you set this precedent right off the bat. Send him the f-ing lawyer's bills.

BIG_DADDY
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Saying you trust your wife not to be some crazy bitch is like saying I know this pitbull is safe to have because it doesn't bite people. Yes it may not show signs now, but you don't want to have the responsibility for years of bred in crazy man eating devourioushiosness

You're a moron.

Katipan
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM

ROFL ROFL

What a priceless gem of a woman.

Saulbadguy
01-26-2006, 10:53 AM
You're a moron.
ROFL

For the wife remark, or the pit bull remark?

Brock
01-26-2006, 10:55 AM
You are making a gigantic mistake. Seriously. Bail now.

morphius
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
You can be sure her dad is going to be sticking his nose in your affairs often if you set this precedent right off the bat. Send him the f-ing lawyer's bills.
That was my thought as well, he can call it a damn wedding present if he wants to.

BIG_DADDY
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
ROFL

The dog is much more predictable than women. :)

patteeu
01-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Buy a pink shirt so you can attract some guy, then you won't have to worry about marriage or prenups.

Jilly
01-26-2006, 11:22 AM
It's not about not trusting your spouse. It's about not putting blind trust in the State. Do you have the divorce laws in your state memorized? Do you know what happens if you get married there and move to another state in five years? What if you get married, and they change some shit in five years, how does that affect you?

Why just say, "F*ck it, I'm sure the State has my best interests in mind and won't f*ck me," when you have the opportunity to sit down and write your own rules? That's just stupid.

why do you need to trust the state if you trust the love you have? Is marriage only a state contract? It's not a vow, a promise, a covenant? It doesn't matter what the state's laws are or if the state can screw you....if you don't trust the love you have to begin with then there's no reason to get married at all. And my other point is, why care so much about your shit and how much money you have...true marriage and love means that you give 100% and she gives 100%....there is no ownership, IMO

cadmonkey
01-26-2006, 11:22 AM
You don't need to sign a prenup when you don't get married. If people are so concerned about what to do when they want to split up they shouldn't be together in the first place.

"So uhhhhhhh, you want to get married?"

"Ya, I guess so."

"Cool, cool. Uhhhhhhhhhh, so when we hate eachother in a couple of years and feel like we would rather kill eachother than hump eachother, and want to destroy our kids lives we should probably decide who's crap is who's shouldn't we?"

"I guess so, but who should have to take the baggage that is our emotionally destroied son or daughter, which will always make us have to see eachother and constantly be a part of eachothers lives?"

"I call not it."

"We'll let the lawyers deal with it."

"Now thats a plan :thumb: "

please read the "Say no to marriage manifesto"
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134543&highlight=manifesto

Saulbadguy
01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Oh boy. Another anti-marriage rant.

From the outside looking in, you don't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

BIG_DADDY
01-26-2006, 11:27 AM
ROFL

I'm betting he doesn't have a woman or a dog but acts like he is an expert on both. If he does they are probably both the same, a two for one deal.

Dunit35
01-26-2006, 11:27 AM
This calls for:

18 years, 18 years
She got one of yo kids got you for 18 years
I know somebody payin child support for one of his kids
His baby momma's car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV Any Given Sunday
Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was spose to buy ya shorty TYCO with ya money
She went to the doctor got lypo with ya money
She walkin around lookin like Micheal with ya money
Should of got that insured got GEICO for ya moneeey
If you aint no punk holla We Want Prenup
WE WANT PRENUP!, Yeaah
It's something that you need to have
Cause when she leave yo ass she gone leave with half
18 years, 18 years
And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his

Brock
01-26-2006, 11:29 AM

From the outside looking in, you don't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

Yeah. Nobody here has any experience at all with it.

cadmonkey
01-26-2006, 11:30 AM

Hey don't get me wrong, I wish all the best for anyone who gets married. I have a few friends are married and are happy as hell. All I am saying is don't come crying to me when the honeymoon is over, you hate your wife/husband and feel like there is no way out.

Marriage is an out dated thing that only makes people grow to hate eachother.

InvinciBill
01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Not having a prenup is like not having health insurance.

"Our love is healthy right now, so why have a contingency plan?"

Simplex3
01-26-2006, 11:34 AM
You hired an attorney. She hired an attorney. WTF did you expect? They're both going to milk it.
Agreed. The problem here was you hired two attorneys, now the jacka**es are bleeding you dry. It's what they do.

vailpass
01-26-2006, 11:35 AM
This calls for:

18 years, 18 years
WE WANT PRENUP!, Yeaah
18 years, 18 years
And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his

I aint sayin' she's a gold digger,
but she aint messin' with no broke wigger

Nzoner
01-26-2006, 11:35 AM
SOLID idea.

Agreed,and speaking from experience there is nothing tougher on a marriage than a meddling in-law.

Katipan
01-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Just because you love someone at the start of the marriage doesn't mean you'll feel anything remotely that pure at the end of the marriage. People change and grow. People **** up.

Then you're dividing your life at a time when you aren't calm and collected. You aren't compassionate and loving towards eachother. No longer do you concern yourself with the other's welfare.

Get one. Don't get one. I'd be happy leaving with a backpack and my jewelry. I have a girlfriend that would go after every posession you ever collected throughout your entire life.

Down to your socks.

Calcountry
01-26-2006, 11:37 AM

Why just say, "F*ck it, I'm sure the State has my best interests in mind and won't f*ck me," when you have the opportunity to sit down and write your own rules? That's just stupid.You know, we SHOULD let gays get married.

Simplex3
01-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Call both lawyers into one room with your future spouse there, then tell those f**kers they have 2 hours each to get it figured out or you're not going to pay either of them a f**king nickle and you're going to sue both of them for conspiring to bill you for bulls**t. Don't forget who these c**ksuckers are working for just because they want you to.

Chiefs Express
01-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Prenups are another way of saying you are planning on failure.

Even if you have alot of wealth a prenup is a dumb thing. Regardless of the agreement a slick lawyer will find a way to give the other half most of what they want.
Call both lawyers into one room with your future spouse there, then tell those f**kers they have 2 hours each to get it figured out or you're not going to pay either of them a f**king nickle and you're going to sue both of them for conspiring to bill you for bulls**t.

Best solution I've seen yet.

Simplex3
01-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Prenups are another way of saying you are planning on failure.

Even if you have alot of wealth a prenup is a dumb thing. Regardless of the agreement a slick lawyer will find a way to give the other half most of what they want.
You don't account for the possibility of failure when you're laying out your plans for the future?

teedubya

You stole my thunder...

Simplex3
:clap:

Chiefs Express
01-26-2006, 11:43 AM
You don't account for the possibility of failure when you're laying out your plans for the future?

In business, yes. In marriage, no. Marriage is a life long committment by the way I think. Besides, if I die I won't be needing anything, let the vultures perch.

Nzoner
01-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Just because you love someone at the start of the marriage doesn't mean you'll feel anything remotely that pure at the end of the marriage. People change and grow. People **** up.

Then you're dividing your life at a time when you aren't calm and collected. You aren't compassionate and loving towards eachother. No longer do you concern yourself with the other's welfare.

Okay,what book did you get that from?

Seriously though,imo those are words of wisdom.

Simplex3
01-26-2006, 11:48 AM
In business, yes. In marriage, no. Marriage is a life long committment by the way I think. Besides, if I die I won't be needing anything, let the vultures perch.
I had a buddy who's wife went nuts, as in the diagnosed, medicated kind. She got totally bent about everything and she finally convinced herself it was all his fault. No way he could have planned for that. He did, however, take it up the a** in the divorce.

I don't have a prenup. We were 50/50 when we got married, so there was nothing to worry about splitting. I DID speak to a lawyer who explained that in KS it was very, very hard to get a prenup to protect any post-marriage earnings, kids, etc. so I skipped it.

teedubya
01-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Which would be perfect if you're the only one in your marriage.

yeah, could you imagine the audacity of one of the partners in the marriage if they were to stray? Egads!

Mr. Kotter
01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
...Get one. Don't get one. I'd be happy leaving with a backpack and my jewelry....

Damn, Brian must think he hit the jackpot with you. Tits or no tits. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
yeah, could you imagine the audacity of one of the partners in the marriage if they were to stray? Egads!

Straying isn't a problem when you do it with yourself either. ;)

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
01-26-2006, 12:00 PM
This calls for:

18 years, 18 years
WE WANT PRENUP!, Yeaah
18 years, 18 years
And on her 18th birthday he found out it wasn't hisI can't believe no one made a reference to that until then...

Chiefs Express
01-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Which would be perfect if you're the only one in your marriage.

It works for both of us. I guess that was the prenup, til death us do part, which means no divorce - murder maybe.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Expect the best but be prepared for the worst.

You don't plan to die or go to the hospital tommorow but I'll bet you've still got insurance...

Skyy God
01-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Your first mistake was deciding to get married. DNA tests can take care of inheritance issues just as well as the marriage certificate can. Unless you or the fam are religious... then ignore this.

Your second mistake was deciding you needed a prenup. Shocker, her penniless dad wanted her to get one. If your assets are as equal and modest as you suggest, it's totally superfluous.

Your third mistake was hiring two lawyers, not one. If the verbal agreement was well understood by both parties, there was no need for this sort of cage match.

rageeumr
01-26-2006, 12:03 PM
I can't believe no one made a reference to that until then...

ROFL ... I caught it.

Skyy God
01-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Let me guess, was it <b>her</b> suggestion to hire two lawyers?

Calcountry
01-26-2006, 12:16 PM

Get one. Don't get one. I'd be happy leaving with a backpack and my jewelry. I have a girlfriend that would go after every posession you ever collected throughout your entire life.

Down to your socks.That is what you say now, BEFORE , you are married.

Then 6 years after the marriage, you knock out a couple of kids, work your ass off raising them, etc. Then the Delt goes on a bender, wait, he sobers up after all those years, and you just cant stand him like that.

He owes you then, big time.

rockchalkgirl
01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
The difficulty with the idea of having one lawyer is that one of the to of you would be unrepresented. In a divorce, prenup, etc., the attorney can only represent the interests of one of you. That kills your prenup, since the one who isn't represented by counsel simply argues at the divorce hearing that he or she did not have the benefit of advice from counsel.

htismaqe
01-26-2006, 12:30 PM
FYI, a prenup should only be needed when one or the other partner is entering into the marriage with EXISTING assets.

If she has nothing, and you have nothing, and she's demanding a prenup, you need to tell her to go fist herself.

cadmonkey
01-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Expect the best but be prepared for the worst.

You don't plan to die or go to the hospital tommorow but I'll bet you've still got insurance...

Weather you realize it or not you just compared getting married to death.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Weather you realize it or not you just compared getting married to death.

No, I just compared divorce to the end of all pain...

cadmonkey
01-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Actually, he compared divorce to death.
No, I just compared divorce to the end of all pain....

I would see it as the wedding day is death, and the divorce is like a rebirth. But what the f*ck do I know? :shrug:

Hoover
01-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Well if you think this is bad, I know a guy who got a divorce 20 years ago, but forgot to tell his wife to move out. Since then his business has exploded and is huge, the dude is worth a ton of money. His "wife" was in the hospital and heard he slapped some hottie on the ass, now she is pissed and wants her half.

Hoover
01-26-2006, 01:36 PM
If your attorneys are already talking, I wouldn't get married.

wutamess
01-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Is it wrong to congratulate the man?

Congrats :toast:

sedated
01-26-2006, 02:11 PM

for ruining his own life, and then getting f*cked by 2 lawyers?

congrats on the gang-bang!

trndobrd
01-26-2006, 02:54 PM
You don't need to get married. You are already getting f**ked by your attorneys.

First thing, fire them both and call the state ethics commission. Second, sit down with the soon to be ball and chain, and make a list of everything you both have right now, and what you would want to keep individually. Third, make a list of everything you will make in the future (retirement, 401k, etc.), make a list of how that should be divided up. You can even be cool and make different arrangements based on the length of the marriage.

Take you lists to a couple new lawyers (one for each of you) and ask them how much to comple an agreement, flat fee. Pay that amount (if you are paying more than $500 you are getting screwed again). Listen to any recommendations they have then make your own decision.

Bottom line, a prenup is good for keeping what belonged to you before the wedding day. Everything you earn after the marriage is going into the marital estate. If you have children, the Judge is in no way limited to the prenup, he will do what he believes to be in the best interest of the children (KS law anyway).

way2kalm
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Well if you think this is bad, I know a guy who got a divorce 20 years ago, but forgot to tell his wife to move out. Since then his business has exploded and is huge, the dude is worth a ton of money. His "wife" was in the hospital and heard he slapped some hottie on the ass, now she is pissed and wants her half.

How the hell does the guy "forget" to tell his wife to move out if they got a divorce? :spock:

BIG_DADDY
01-26-2006, 04:21 PM
How the hell does the guy "forget" to tell his wife to move out if they got a divorce? :spock:
ROFL

Logical
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Exactly, to further Brock's point, you two had an agreement in principle only 1 attorney should have been neccessary to ensure the proper legal language was used and it was filed in the courts correctly. Hiring two created the situation you two are now in.

Ultra Peanut
01-26-2006, 07:13 PM
Me? Sober up? That's just silly. Alcohol and I definitely have a bond until my death does us part.In fact, it will probably play some sort of role in said expiration, won't it?

DenverChief
01-26-2006, 07:33 PM
We've been dating for almost 1.5 years; and several months ago, deceided to get married.

She and I had reached a verbal agreement on everything, now the attorneys are politely telling us how wrong we were.

Her attorney and my attorney are pounding each other; and the meter keeps running.

$5K for a prenup??? Yuck.

Whatever happened to building together??

Whats her name?

Iowanian
01-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Sounds like you'll need it, better get it right.

How effin difficult is it to tabulate both of your existing assets, put in writing that you'll keep what you bring into the marraige, and split everything accumulated from Penetration on the wedding night?

That'll be $375. Cash.

DenverChief
01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Sounds like you'll need it, better get it right.

How effin difficult is it to tabulate both of your existing assets, put in writing that you'll keep what you bring into the marraige, and split everything accumulated from Penetration on the wedding night?

That'll be $375. Cash.
ROFL

chris
01-26-2006, 07:40 PM
You stole my thunder...

I was waiting for your comment!!! ROFL

Iowanian
01-26-2006, 07:43 PM
now Ahm not not sayin' she's a gold digga

chris
01-26-2006, 07:44 PM

Thank you.!

I thought 1.15 years was long enough to really get to know her.

Phobia
01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Thank you.!

I thought 1.15 years was long enough to really get to know her.

Holy shit. This is your first rodeo isn't it?

dr00d
01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
My wife (no ex-wife) filed for divorce after a couple years of marriage. She pretty much took everything that wasn't bolted down except my computers...including about 10 grand she had be saving in tips for years at her parents. good times.

All in all though, I was pretty sure I was going to get royally screwed because she filed a few months after she moved out. I happened to get a much better paying job a couple months later and she filed everything like I had my decent job for years...all the sudden it was like my income vs her income (90 percent under the table tips) and I was looking and probably paying allimony. Needless to say, I was pretty much saying, you know what...take your shit and leave me alone to start again.

Skip Towne
01-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Notice: Trndobrd and rockchalkgirl are both lawyers. Iowanian is NOT a lawyer. Don't pay him.

Mr. Kotter
01-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Holy shit. This is your first rodeo isn't it?

ROFL

No Shit....it can be, later in life, within the context of an intense relationship....but it's not likely. :shake:

Iowanian
01-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Notice: Trndobrd and rockchalkgirl are both lawyers. Iowanian is NOT a lawyer. Don't pay him.

What sold me out? The fact that I didn't spend 3hrs shuffling papers before getting to the Bi'nes at hand? I was strait forward in the answer?

Skyy God
01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
The difficulty with the idea of having one lawyer is that one of the to of you would be unrepresented. In a divorce, prenup, etc., the attorney can only represent the interests of one of you. That kills your prenup, since the one who isn't represented by counsel simply argues at the divorce hearing that he or she did not have the benefit of advice from counsel.

I could be wrong on this, but in Missouri the conscionability of a prenup is evaluated by something like five factors, none of which are whether the parties had separate lawyers. As long as Chris isn't using his personal attorney, I don't see what the problem is. Not a family attorney, but I did take the bar last July.

DenverChief
01-26-2006, 09:28 PM
I could be wrong on this, but in Missouri the conscionability of a prenup is evaluated by something like five factors, none of which are whether the parties had separate lawyers. As long as Chris isn't using his personal attorney, I don't see what the problem is. Not a family attorney, but I did take the bar last July.

Did you sleep at a holiday inn express last night?

Skip Towne
01-26-2006, 09:46 PM
I passed a few bars last July.

Aw, who am I kidding. I had a beer in all of 'em.
He didn't say he passed the bar, only that he took it.

SLAG
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
He didn't say he passed the bar, only that he took it.

Its ok.

Im sure he will Pass it one day.

Not easy, thats for sure

:thumb:

PastorMikH
01-26-2006, 10:27 PM
OK, I've read about half the posts so far. Not sure about why exactly you need to do this if both of you are about equal financially anyway. I could see a possible need for one of you owned a business or had a some substantial assets and such. Arguing over stuff now will really pave the way to argue over stuff after the I Do's.

Sounds to me like the only ones winning right now are the attorneys.