PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Job Offer

Rain Man
01-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Assume that you're tired of your current job, and you start looking around for other work. Immediately, you land a job interview for a company that sells sausage casings, and while it's never been your goal to work for a company that makes sausage casings, it's an honorable living, other than all of the lost souls of dead pigs.

You arrange an interview, and put on your best suit. The sausage casings factory is downtown, so you find a parking spot and walk the two blocks to the corporate offices. As you're walking and enjoying the sights and sounds of the city, you see a fellow in a clown suit starting to cross the street. However, he doesn't notice that there's a taxicab speeding erratically toward him, because the driver, an Eritrean national, is gesticulating wildly in an argument with his passenger, who is the son-in-law of the head of the Ethiopian consulate in Santa Fe.

Springing into action, you leap forward and grab the clown by one of his big hair globs, and at the last possible second before he becomes a martyr for the Eritrean Liberation Front, you spin him around and fling him to safety in the gutter, where he lands next to Brian Griese and John Mobley.

Gasping for breath at his near-death experience, the clown reaches out to shake your hand. You reach out, not even noticing that you're still holding your resume, and in the handshake, he ends up holding it.

He reads it with interest. "Are you looking for a job?" he asks, a slight trickle of blood snaking down from his ruby red nose. You affirm that you are.

"Well, look no more!" he exclaims. "You saved my life, so I'm going to make you famous!" Grabbing you by the arm, he drags you half a block down the street and into the headquarters of the NBS television network. The security guard bites his tongue and clucks disapprovingly as the disheveled clown hauls you through the upscale lobby and into an elevator of shiny black onyx. With a whisper of power, it whisks the two of you up to the 37th Floor at a speed that makes your right ear pop, but not your left ear, which has never been the same since you got that beetle in it at Camp WickeeNobee back in 7th grade.

The elevator doors open, and on the mahogany and teak-inlaid wall across from you, you're greeted with a life-size photo of this very clown who is maintaining his grip on your bicep. With a start, you recognize that he is Bozoticus McGrath, the CEO of entertainment giant ClownCom, and the star of the new hit television show in Japan, "CrownCom Saturday Night." You haven't seen the show, but your sister's boyfriend's neighbor has an exchange student from Japan who raves about the show and owns a CrownCom backpack.

You're ushered to a conference room that would put Versailles to shame, and as you sit down, a young Filipino woman removes Bozoticus' big yellow shoes and begins to massage his feet, which smell vaguely like pearl onions. A secretary comes in, and she's one of those very attractive professional types with perfectly coiffed hair, expensive glasses that perfectly complement her heart-shaped face, and a custom-made designer business suit that shows just enough cleavage to be sexy yet professional.

Bozoticus begins dictating the details of his job offer to you. Your assignment is to appear on CrownCom Saturday Night once a week as one of Bozoticus' "special characters." (You recall that his other "special characters" include a monkey that juggles flaming chainsaws and a Mongolian swordsman with leprosy, among others.) Your title will be "Abused American Businessman," and every time you appear on stage, all spiffy in a nice business suit, you will be attacked by at least one other character. Viewers at home will win prizes if they correctly guess which character attacks you, and with which weapon. Weapons will include meringue pies, seltzer bottles, dodgeballs, lawn darts, wiffleball bats, and several other items to be named later. You are warned that the job does contain some physical risk, primarily to the groin area, but you will be allowed to wear a cup, pending a satisfactory acting audition. At the end of each show, you will run through a gauntlet of studio audience members who will pelt you with garbage, rotton fruit, and an occasional spray of urine.

The show is filmed in Vancouver, and you will be paid $295,000 per year.

Do you take the job?

Hoover
01-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Too long for Hoover to read, but for 295K sure I'll try anything

sedated
01-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Money, fame, (p^ssy), working in clown industry, living in Vancover, getting sprayed with urine.

You hit my dream job right on the head, Mr. Man

Donger
01-26-2006, 04:59 PM
"Abused American Businessman"

The show is filmed in Vancouver, and you will be paid $295,000 per year.

Do you take the job?

Sure. Worse than that happens to me in sales now.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 04:59 PM
You bet your ass I do.

FAX
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Are there insurance benefits, Mr. Rain Man?

FAX

Donger
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I was curious how Rain Man was going to work an attractive female into the story. Glad he didn't disappoint.

Rain Man
01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Are there insurance benefits, Mr. Rain Man?

FAX

Health insurance with a $250 deductible. After 12 months, you can get long-term disability insurance. The job also includes $50,000 of life insurance (up to $250,000 if you die on the job), and full dental and vision coverage.

Rausch
01-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Health insurance with a $250 deductible. After 12 months, you can get long-term disability insurance. The job also includes $50,000 of life insurance (up to $250,000 if you die on the job), and full dental and vision coverage.

Where do I apply again?...

Rain Man
01-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I was curious how Rain Man was going to work an attractive female into the story. Glad he didn't disappoint.

After 15 years in the market research industry, I know what it takes to get people to read threads.

Reaper16
01-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Full dental, I'm game.

Baby Lee
01-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Pearl onions is not a vague smell. I reject the entire premise.

KCChiefsMan
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
you offer me a 401K match and you've got yourself a deal!

FAX
01-26-2006, 05:16 PM

Paid vacation?

FAX

Bugeater
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Hell yes, I pretty much get kicked in the groin every day with what I do now for considerably less money.

stumppy
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
You been reading my resume ?

Simplex3
01-26-2006, 05:19 PM
$295k to work one day a week? F**k yeah.

Bugeater
01-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Paid vacation?

FAX

If you're only working Saturday nights every week is a vacation already. You're getting greedy.

Bwana
01-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Parking spot right out front and its a done deal.

bogie
01-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Would workmans comp cover the popped right ear?

Otter
01-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Sorry Rain Man, I cannot answer this objectively, I would have made every effort to push the clown in front of the speeding car.

I have a poor history with clowns.

Otter
01-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Liar. You would've run the other direction screaming and crying.

That's a possible outcome as well, and damn you all for making fun of my phobia year after year.

Did I mention my cat is lost but I can't start looking for him till this quaalude wears off?

AeroSquid
01-26-2006, 05:40 PM
tl:dr but i voted anyway :p

Dartgod
01-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Too long for Hoover to read, but for 295K sure I'll try anything
I'll paraphrase for you.

Basically, it involves eating Duh-nese's pu$$y every night, including the week of Aunt Flo's monthly visit. Are you sure you'll try anything?

gblowfish
01-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Is that $295,000 American or Canadian?

Bwana
01-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Did I mention my cat is lost but I can't start looking for him till this quaalude wears off?

ROFL Nice!

4th and Long
01-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Springing into action, you leap forward and grab the clown by one of his big hair globs, and at the last possible second before he becomes a martyr for the Eritrean Liberation Front, you spin him around and fling him to safety in the gutter, where he lands next to Brian Griese and John Mobley.
I'm sorry ROFL but I couldn't get past that paragraph ROFL without breaking into uncontroable laughter. ROFL AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAX
01-26-2006, 06:12 PM
If I Worked For Clowns

By FAX

If I worked for clowns, I'd make a lot of money
And, I'd tell my boss each day that I think he's funny

If I worked for clowns, I'd wear a big red nose
I'd wear it on the subway too, 'cause subway smell just blows.

I'd put my big feet on my desk and page my secretary
I'd offer her a raise and then I'd try to pop her cherry

And she would think it's all in fun until I ask her please
Juggle with my bouncy balls and give my bulb horn a squeeze.

Then I would squirt her with the daisy I keep pinned to my lapel
And take her to a local bar and then to a motel.

Then we'd check in and I would teach her lots of funny sounds
It's not easy, but I'd do my best if I worked for clowns.

FAX

joesomebody
01-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Yes, but I'd need a 5 year contract to sign.

patteeu
01-26-2006, 07:41 PM
I've always wanted to be in show business and this is the break I've been waiting for. Sign me up.

Fire Me Boy!
01-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Any risk of being pegged by Jessica Simpson? If yes, then no. Otherwise, sure.