PDA

View Full Version : Vonage Phone service

Scaga
01-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Made the switch at the end of December.
Works great. No problems (except for when my hi-speed went down for an hour).

Got my first bill. $27.24.
That is unlimited calling, all the features (call waiting, 3 party, caller ID, ect) and the best part....free long distance to anywhere in the US.

Anybody else have this?

(p.s..... If you're thinking about getting Vonage, make sure you sign up under one of your friends so they'll get 2 months free)

Your Friend
Scaga

morphius
01-27-2006, 08:37 AM
I have been using it for a while. There are occasional issues, like people calling will get a fast busy and there was one day were I couldn't receive call or make out going calls earlier last fall. But with both the wife and I have cell's it doesn't really matter if things are occasionally interupted.

Kylo Ren
01-27-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm using Time Warner Cable digital phone, which is like Vonage. I pay $39.99 for it with free long distance. So far, no problems. I'm happy with it.

asdf
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
I use SunRocket - same features as Vonage but you can pay a flat $200 a year up front - works out to $16.66 a month for unlimited everything. Also got two nice uniden cordless phones for the initial signup. Working flawlessly so far (~1.5 months) over RoadRunner in KC

Mr. Laz
01-27-2006, 11:08 AM
there are issues with mixed analog signals going over cable phone sometimes.

fax machines,tivo/DVR call in services/security alarms that are hooked into phone lines.

just fyi