PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst pro sports executives.

Chiefs Express
01-27-2006, 12:11 PM
There are a few names listed here as well as some "honorable mention".

Carl Peterson does not fall in the top 10 nor the bottom 10 as well as others mentioned in each category.

Who are best and worst pro sports execs? (http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5276170)

StcChief
01-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Good to see Cards Walt Jockety in top 10.

He has done much better than the Beer brothers at AB after Gussy died.

Amnorix
01-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Bill Polian #2. What a freaking joke. Basically, built three teams into "winners", but has exactly zero Super Bowl championships on his resume. Also has zero class. Yeah, okay.

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Mike Shanahan is easily top ten if not top five. The Broncos are one of the most lucrative and successful businesses in all of pro sports. No hockey team should even be mentioned when you consider they're one season away from total collapse. Strangely absent is Dan Syder and the Washington Redskins. And I didn't see Bob Kraft either...another guy who's done wonders for his team

Chiefs Express
01-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Mike Shanahan is easily top ten if not top five. The Broncos are one of the most lucrative and successful businesses in all of pro sports. No hockey team should even be mentioned when you consider they're one season away from total collapse. Strangely absent is Dan Syder and the Washington Redskins. And I didn't see Bob Kraft either...another guy who's done wonders for his team
So write to the author of the editiorial and give him your $0.02 worth. It will net you nothing and you will be out your $0.02

As for rat face. Your opinion is not objective.

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2006, 01:10 PM
So write to the author of the editiorial and give him your $0.02 worth. It will net you nothing and you will be out your $0.02

As for rat face. Your opinion is not objective.

Look at his record compared to the field since 1995 as a head coach. It's pretty good. Look at the fact that he's basically the GM, OC and HC....couple that with the success....that's a strong argument. You think you can beat it...I'll play the feud.

banyon
01-27-2006, 01:17 PM
These 10 are absolute wrecks of an exec: Also receiving votes: Baylor, Pleau, Nash, Patrick, Baird, Knight, Charley Casserly (Houston Texans), Michael Wirtz (Chicago Blackhawks), Michael Bidwill (Arizona Cardinals) and Glen Sather (New York Rangers).

He's got my vote. ROFL

Chiefs Express
01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Look at his record compared to the field since 1995 as a head coach. It's pretty good. Look at the fact that he's basically the GM, OC and HC....couple that with the success....that's a strong argument. You think you can beat it...I'll play the feud.

You forgot to post that he has taught his team to be the dirtiest team in the AFC. I think the writer took that into account.

Face it, regardless of what you think or what I think, a national publicized article left him out. In the eyes of others he is a middle of the roader. Which is a lot higher than I would have rated him.

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2006, 01:28 PM
You forgot to post that he has taught his team to be the dirtiest team in the AFC. I think the writer took that into account.

Face it, regardless of what you think or what I think, a national publicized article left him out. In the eyes of others he is a middle of the roader. Which is a lot higher than I would have rated him.

I expect that kind of answer from you..but the truth is...he'll be in the HOF one day. And it's deserving. You can admit it.

Chiefs Express
01-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I expect that kind of answer from you..but the truth is...he'll be in the HOF one day. And it's deserving. You can admit it.

When pigs fly.

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2006, 01:50 PM
When pigs fly.
Look out yer winder then and admit it...pigs are flying. They don't discriminate on airplanes. ROFL

Chiefs Express
01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Look out yer winder then and admit it...pigs are flying. They don't discriminate on airplanes. ROFL

I'll believe that ratface will be there when they announce it, not before.

Is the pigs on the planes comment a derogatory comment about the Muslims that won't fly onboard with pigs?

Amnorix
01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Having spent five minutes on the matter, Shanahan is probably a HOF inductee. His current record (including playoffs) stands at 129-78, which is about a .620 winning percentage, which is very good for the modern era to say the least.

Include 2 SB wins and a random smattering of other impressive stats from the '96-'99 era, and the fact that he's not exactly going to retire next year, and he's likely to have a sufficient body of work by the time he retires to get into the HOF, even without any more SB victories. If he gets a third, then it's automatic.

I'm not a big fan of the rat, but I can be objective enough to read the tea leaves, given his numbers, etc.

Deberg_1990
01-27-2006, 01:55 PM
RC Buford head of the San Antonio Spurs should be at the top. 3 NBA titles in 7 seasons. The Spurs have always been near the top in the West during his reign. I cant believe they put Dumars ahead of him????

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2006, 02:04 PM

Is the pigs on the planes comment a derogatory comment about the Muslims that won't fly onboard with pigs?
It was more of a shot at the beast I had to sit next too on the way home from the AFCCG. Poor dear....she could barely fit in the seat. I don't really care what muslims refuse to fly with.

It'll happen...he's that good.

Deberg_1990
01-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I have ZERO faith in this list. How could Allen Baird not make the worst list????? I guess the Royals have been so bad for so long now they are easily overlooked.

Chiefs Express
01-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Having spent five minutes on the matter, Shanahan is probably a HOF inductee. His current record (including playoffs) stands at 129-78, which is about a .620 winning percentage, which is very good for the modern era to say the least.

Include 2 SB wins and a random smattering of other impressive stats from the '96-'99 era, and the fact that he's not exactly going to retire next year, and he's likely to have a sufficient body of work by the time he retires to get into the HOF, even without any more SB victories. If he gets a third, then it's automatic.

I'm not a big fan of the rat, but I can be objective enough to read the tea leaves, given his numbers, etc.

You missed this:

Miles
01-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Im suprised Charley Casserly didn't make the worst list.

siberian khatru
01-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Carl Peterson does not fall in the top 10 nor the bottom 10

Just like his Chiefs -- the definition of mediocrity.

teedubya
01-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Such a shame that teh Royals put Schuerholz out to pasture after the 1990 debachle with Storm and Mark Davis...

That man is a winner, and we are now losers without him.

What a shit deal.

siberian khatru
01-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Such a shame that teh Royals put Schuerholz out to pasture after the 1990 debachle with Storm and Mark Davis...

That man is a winner, and we are now losers without him.

What a shit deal.

The first thing he did in Atlanta was do what he did in KC -- bring in mediocre veterans like Sid Bream and Terry Pendleton. I laughed and said, "Enjoy, Bravos."

Oh, boy ... :doh!:

ChiefsCountry
01-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Then the thing with Schuerholz is, his free agent signings normally suck but he has built such a strong farm system, its amazing the Braves keep winning.

Calcountry
01-27-2006, 03:58 PM
I give that top ten a very low credibility due to the fact that Billy Beane, the GM of the Oakland Athletics is not on the list.

BTW, we just added "the big hurt", Frank Thomas to our lineup, which only weakness last year was some extra right handed pop.

Can't wait for baseball season this year. ;)