PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl Thread

Miles
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Anyone else going to watch? There are some pretty good prospects playing this year. Im pretty interested to see how Bunkley looks.

ArrowheadHawk
01-28-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm going to watch

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:14 PM
i think we should take stovalt if available with our 2nd pick and im also interested in brody croyle both are suppose to be 2nd rounders

DaKCMan AP
01-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Jay Cutler >> Brody Croyle

Miles
01-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Anyone know of an online game tracker for the game? I cant seem to find one on ESPN or CBSSportsline.

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:19 PM

tell me something i dont know but hes gonna be a top 15 pick

JBucc
01-28-2006, 03:19 PM
nice pick

HolmeZz
01-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Sweet ass pick by Cedric Griffin. One of the best I've seen in a long time.

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:21 PM
theyve been showin the practices of the senior bowl all week on espn that kid cedric griffin impressed me all week long

DaKCMan AP
01-28-2006, 03:22 PM
we have a huge need at safety, anyone know where this griffin kid has been projected to go?

Reaper16
01-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Sweet ass pick by Cedric Griffin. One of the best I've seen in a long time.
Athletic as hell, that play was.

Derek Hagan looks like ass so far.

HolmeZz
01-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Athletic as hell, that play was.

Quality analysis there, Yoda.

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:27 PM
we have a huge need at safety, anyone know where this griffin kid has been projected to go?

cant find anything but i dont see him in the 1st in a couple mocks

Miles
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Derek Hagan looks like ass so far.

Most of the reports from this weeks practices have said the same.

ArrowheadHawk
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Quality analysis there, Yoda.
ROFL

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:29 PM
in the practices that ive seen the wrs and tes were not very impressive

Miles
01-28-2006, 03:29 PM
On Griffin:

6-1, 190 on the senior bowl weigh in.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/cedricgriffin.html

Strengths:
Has great size and a solid build...Very physical and aggressive...Good athlete with a burst...Plays faster than he runs in shorts...Strong and tough...Smart and very instinctive...Not afraid to support the run...Versatile and has experience at multiple positions...Very durable and productive...Has a ton of starting experience.

Weaknesses:
Has only average timed speed...Is too inconsistent...Ball skills and hands are lacking...Needs to refine his overall technique and is too high in his backpedal at times...Not very smooth in flipping his hips...Might not be a good fit in every defensive scheme...Has some character questions that must be answered.

Notes:
Could potentially move to safety at the next level...Could excel for a Cover 2 team...Underrated because there was so much talent on that Longhorn defense but this guy is a good pro prospect in his own right...Could end up being a steal.

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:31 PM
im likin this griffin kid and hes suppose to excel in a cover 2 like we are suppose to be running next season

FAX
01-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Have you posters been watching the NFL Network's coverage of the Senior Bowl workouts? It's actually very interesting to me.

FAX THE WONDERING IF HE'S THE ONLY ONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD WHO FINDS THIS EVEN REMOTELY INTERESTING

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
i watched them on espn and the people that stood out that we have a possibility of drafting were stovalt croyle and griffin

HolmeZz
01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Tye Hill got toasted.

Miles
01-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Sinorice Moss is looking good early in this game. His height may limit him though.

ArrowheadHawk
Tye Hill got toasted.
yep

Reaper16
Tye Hill got toasted.
His skills are in man coverage. That was a Greg Robinson-esque zone with the way Tye was changing direction. Ugh.

NJ Chief Fan
01-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Sinorice Moss is looking good early in this game. His height may limit him though.

i dont want anything to do with this kid 5'7 3/4 NO THANKS

HolmeZz
01-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Klopfenstein with the TD catch up over Thomas Howard.

Miles
01-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Nice catch by Klopfenstein there.

Miles
01-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Shockley looks rough.

siberian khatru
01-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I've seen Shockley play very well -- better than I thought he would at the beginning of the season -- but right now he looks like shit.

TrickyNicky
01-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I think Max Jean-Gilles would be a good 2nd rounder for us. He has good feet and his back side pulling has gotten better.

Reaper16
01-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Marcus McNiell, with a CATCH!

HolmeZz
01-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Nice catch by Marcus McNeill.

Yeah, I said it.

Reaper16
01-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Nice catch by Marcus McNeill.

Yeah, I said it.
I win

phxchief
01-28-2006, 04:45 PM
WITH THE 20TH PICK IN THE 2006 NFL DRAFT, THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SELECT TAMBA HALI, DEFENSIVE END - PENN STATE UNVIVERSITY.

Yes please.

Miles
01-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Ferguson just got beat pretty bad.

Tribal Warfare
01-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Gabe Watson occupying two blockers, while Hali gets the sack. Watson has become a strong second round candidate

Miles
01-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Tamba Hali is looking really good.

Frankie
01-28-2006, 05:22 PM
WITH THE 20TH PICK IN THE 2006 NFL DRAFT, THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SELECT TAMBA HALI, DEFENSIVE END - PENN STATE UNVIVERSITY.

Yes please.

I'd go for that. Even though I've been preaching drafting Roaf's replacement in the first.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I think Max Jean-Gilles would be a good 2nd rounder for us. He has good feet and his back side pulling has gotten better.Yea, he'd be a good second rounder. Especially since he probably won't even make it to us in the first round, and if he did KC would take him at #20.

McNeill's stock has soared over the past week. We'll never have a shot at him now.

KC is rumored to have shown interest in Manny Lawson. He was impressive tonight, but I just don't see how he fits into our defense.

TrickyNicky
01-28-2006, 06:42 PM
He'll make it to us in the first round I'll bet. I just don't think we'll be taking an O-lineman with our first round pick.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Yea, he'd be a good second rounder. Especially since he probably won't even make it to us in the first round, and if he did KC would take him at #20.

McNeill's stock has soared over the past week. We'll never have a shot at him now.

KC is rumored to have shown interest in Manny Lawson. He was impressive tonight, but I just don't see how he fits into our defense.

Gilles should make it to our pick, no matter how good he is, he's still a guard. Guard is a position that most teams will not draft in the 1st round.

Sinorice Moss is a Carbon copy of his brother, he's extremely fast and gets seperation, as long as he does that, he's got a place in the NFL.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I thought Spencer out of Pitt looked good at guard too.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm leaning to Gabe Watson now, after what I saw today.

B_Ambuehl
01-28-2006, 11:49 PM
I watched Watson every snap he was in and other then the one play he made when the announcers singled him out he didn't do anything whatsoever. He got blown back one on one many times and even pancaked and he's supposed to be a 2 gap tackle. Pretty much played the way he's played all season. Bunkley looked even worse although he is a single gap defender. The only defensive lineman who consistently made plays was Hali.

Honestly he's probably the only front 4 player at the Sr. Bowl that could come in and start on the KC Chiefs defense. Any of these first projected first round defensive tackles (other then Ngata who will go early) would honestly probably have a hard time beating out Jr. Siavii. One of the other speed rushing DEs like the NC state kid might be worth bringing in as a 3rd down pass rusher but an every down player along the front 4 I'm not seeing it in the first round unless by some miracle Hali is still there when KC picks.

Looks like the best bet is probably gonna end up being secondary or offensive tackle.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2006, 11:51 PM
We should try and trade up for Hali. Pipe dream, I KNOW.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 11:52 PM
I watched Watson every snap he was in and other then the one play he made when the announcers singled him out he didn't do anything whatsoever. He got blown back one on one many times and even pancaked and he's supposed to be a 2 gap tackle. Pretty much played the way he's played all season. Bunkley looked even worse although he is a single gap defender. The only defensive lineman who consistently made plays was Hali.

Honestly he's probably the only front 4 player at the Sr. Bowl that could come in and start on the KC Chiefs defense. Any of these first projected first round defensive tackles (other then Ngata who will go early) would honestly probably have a hard time beating out Jr. Siavii. One of the other speed rushing DEs like the NC state kid might be worth bringing in as a 3rd down pass rusher but an every down player along the front 4 I'm not seeing it in the first round unless by some miracle Hali is still there when KC picks.

Looks like the best bet is probably gonna end up being secondary or offensive tackle.

Santonio Holmes..........

B_Ambuehl
01-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Also after the kind've season his brother had and him being a near identical replica I wouldn't be surprised if Moss is the first wide receiver off the board. This is an absolutely horrid wide receiver class. That's too bad though cause that means retard GMs like Millen in Detroit and whoever runs the show in Jacksonville will be less likely to waste first round picks on WRs thus not as many good legit first rounders at other positions are gonna last long.

Mecca
01-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Also after the kind've season his brother had and him being a near identical replica I wouldn't be surprised if Moss is the first wide receiver off the board. This is an absolutely horrid wide receiver class. That's too bad though cause that means retard GMs like Millen in Detroit and whoever runs the show in Jacksonville will be less likely to waste first round picks on WRs thus not as many good legit first rounders at other positions are gonna last long.

Moss is going to be viewed as a slot WR by alot of teams due to being 5'7. He probably won't get picked till the 3rd round but he does have the talent to make plays in the NFL, but most likely it's going to come as a #3.

B_Ambuehl
01-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Logic says that but the draft is also emotional. Guy see sinorice mos and then look at Santana Moss. Two brothers who might as well be identical twins. How many teams wouldn't give up a #1 pick to have a Santana Moss after the kind've year he had?

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2006, 12:25 AM

You were watching a different game than I , because Watson was tearing it up by occupying blockers for Hali and Dvorchek to make plays. Added to that Watson had the middle of the line covered the RBs couldn't get past him.

Mecca
01-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Logic says that but the draft is also emotional. Guy see sinorice mos and then look at Santana Moss. Two brothers who might as well be identical twins. How many teams wouldn't give up a #1 pick to have a Santana Moss after the kind've year he had?

Santana Moss is taller........Sinorice is his mini-me.

B_Ambuehl
01-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I stand corrected. I was thinking Santana was 5'8 but he's actually 5'10. They don't differ much in bodyweight just height.

You were watching a different game than I , because Watson was tearing it up by occupying blockers for Hali and Dvorchek to make plays. Added to that Watson had the middle of the line covered the RBs couldn't get past him

I wasn't watching the "game" I was watching individual players and their matchups - the main one being Watson. Tivo is a great thing.

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2006, 10:14 PM
I wasn't watching the "game" I was watching individual players and their matchups - the main one being Watson. Tivo is a great thing.

I'd TIVOed it too, and my statement still stands. He was collapsing the pockect, and freeing fellow defenders to get to the QB, while no RB got passed his emassed frame. The guy was an immovable rock. I like I said, you were watching a different game.

htismaqe
01-30-2006, 03:10 PM
I'd TIVOed it too, and my statement still stands. He was collapsing the pockect, and freeing fellow defenders to get to the QB, while no RB got passed his emassed frame. The guy was an immovable rock. I like I said, you were watching a different game.

Yeah, I'm sure you saw what you said you saw.

The problem with Watson isn't that he lacks those things you mentioned.

It's that he never displays them 2 games in a row it seems...

There was alot of incentive for him to "tear it up" at the Senior Bowl and at the combine. The question is whether he'll "tear it up" after some team hands him a fat contract.

BigChiefFan
01-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I agree. He wasn't just a rock, but a boulder. He's the type of DT, we have been needing for 5 plus years now.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2006, 10:45 PM
i kinda wonder about watson

he seems to only have one move ... the bull rush, straight power.

i don't know if you can make it in the NFL with only power.

He might have to be a 3-4 guy who's job it is to just hold the point and clog the middle.

BigChiefFan
01-31-2006, 07:26 AM
i kinda wonder about watson

he seems to only have one move ... the bull rush, straight power.

i don't know if you can make it in the NFL with only power.

He might have to be a 3-4 guy who's job it is to just hold the point and clog the middle.
He was running the 4-3 at the Senior Bowl and he still looked very solid.

htismaqe
01-31-2006, 07:55 AM
I agree. He wasn't just a rock, but a boulder. He's the type of DT, we have been needing for 5 plus years now.

Two words:

Chester

McGlockton

Don't get me wrong. Watson has all-world talent. I question whether he's a guy that will bring it every play.

We don't need another Ryan Sims.

BigChiefFan
01-31-2006, 08:07 AM
Two words:

Chester

McGlockton

Don't get me wrong. Watson has all-world talent. I question whether he's a guy that will bring it every play.

We don't need another Ryan Sims.
Chester may have had a lazy streak, but it's obvious how much he really did improve our line. We haven't been anywhere close to the same since he's been gone. Watson would command a double-team, which improves the line from the get-go. We need a dominant nose tackle, type, instead of constantly picking up undertackles, I believe Watson fits the billing and will most likely be there when we pick at 20 or possible be there with a trade down, either way, the DT position needs a major upgrade.

Frankie
01-31-2006, 01:05 PM
Chester may have had a lazy streak, but it's obvious how much he really did improve our line. We haven't been anywhere close to the same since he's been gone. Watson would command a double-team, which improves the line from the get-go. We need a dominant nose tackle, type, instead of constantly picking up undertackles, I believe Watson fits the billing and will most likely be there when we pick at 20 or possible be there with a trade down, either way, the DT position needs a major upgrade.
Han't Chester been gone since the same time Traylor has been gone? I think the quality was Traylor, not Chester.

BigChiefFan
01-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Han't Chester been gone since the same time Traylor has been gone? I think the quality was Traylor, not Chester.
NO!!! Traylor was a Chief through 1996. He went to the Broncos in 1997. During Traylor's tenure with the Chiefs he had 40 tackles and 2.5 sacks in 4 years.

McGlockton was with the Chiefs from 98-00. McGlockton had 85 tackles and 7 sacks in LESS time.

Chester gets an unfair rap around these parts. He did his job in a big way. You don't stay in the league for over a decade by being lazy.

Chiefnj
01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
NO!!! Traylor was a Chief through 1996. He went to the Broncos in 1997. During Traylor's tenure with the Chiefs he had 40 tackles and 2.5 sacks in 4 years.

McGlockton was with the Chiefs from 98-00. McGlockton had 85 tackles and 7 sacks in LESS time.

Chester gets an unfair rap around these parts. He did his job in a big way. You don't stay in the league for over a decade by being lazy.

Dan Williams made Chester look good. When he was healthy, he was an excellent DT. Unfortunately, he was hurt a lot.

Chiefnj
01-31-2006, 01:27 PM
As far as Watson is concerned people want him because of his size and because he's a position of need. IMO, he won't be the best available athlete available at #20, not even close. Draft rule #1 - don't reach for a position of need.

BigChiefFan
01-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Dan Williams made Chester look good. When he was healthy, he was an excellent DT. Unfortunately, he was hurt a lot.So how exactly was he making Chester look good when he held out for a full year? Hmmm. How about when he was injured ALOT, like you said? HMMM.

Chiefnj
01-31-2006, 02:00 PM
So how exactly was he making Chester look good when he held out for a full year? Hmmm. How about when he was injured ALOT, like you said? HMMM.

When Williams was out he didn't make Chester look good. Chester looked lazy and had one sack in in 1998. Williams had 10.5 in 1997 without the aid of McNugget.

In 99 and 00 when Williams returned, Chester's numbers went up (1.5 and 4.5 sacks respectively) although he was always way behind Williams in productivity - 12 sacks during those two years. Dan carried Chester.

BigChiefFan
01-31-2006, 02:08 PM
When Williams was out he didn't make Chester look good. Chester looked lazy and had one sack in in 1998. Williams had 10.5 in 1997 without the aid of McNugget.

In 99 and 00 when Williams returned, Chester's numbers went up (1.5 and 4.5 sacks respectively) although he was always way behind Williams in productivity - 12 sacks during those two years. Dan carried Chester.Of course Chester is going to look better next to Dan Williams compared to Barndt or Ransom. That's ridiculous to even bring that into the argument. Again, since McGlockton has been gone, our line hasn't been the same. The same could be said for Dan Williams, but BOTH players are BIG-BODIED NTs, so I see your bringing Williams into the discussion as more of an endorsement for my case than against it.

Chiefnj
01-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Of course Chester is going to look better next to Dan Williams compared to Barndt or Ransom. That's ridiculous to even bring that into the argument. Again, since McGlockton has been gone, our line hasn't been the same. The same could be said for Dan Williams, but BOTH players are BIG-BODIED NTs, so I see your bringing Williams into the discussion as more of an endorsement for my case than against it.

Williams was not a big bodied NT. He was under 300lbs. I still don't see how Williams/Chester etc., are relevant as to whether Gabe Watson will be a decent NFL player.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Williams was not a big bodied NT. He was under 300lbs.

yep ... Dan william was a undertackle ... more like Browning

BigChiefFan
01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Williams was not a big bodied NT. He was under 300lbs. I still don't see how Williams/Chester etc., are relevant as to whether Gabe Watson will be a decent NFL player.Dude, You're getting it mixed up, no offense, but the reason McGlockton's name came up was because I said our D-line hasn't been the same since his departure, AFTER someone else compared WATSON and McGlockton, saying they both had a lazy streak before his name ever came up. Then another question was posed about McGlockton, I answered it. Keep up. :p

htismaqe
02-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Dude, You're getting it mixed up, no offense, but the reason McGlockton's name came up was because I said our D-line hasn't been the same since his departure, AFTER someone else compared WATSON and McGlockton, saying they both had a lazy streak before his name ever came up. Then another question was posed about McGlockton, I answered it. Keep up. :p

McGlockton was DT from 1998 to 2000. The only time our defensive line has been worse was when we expected to replace him with guys like Eric Downing.

Look at our defensive rankings from 1998 to 2000 instead of focusing on individual stats.

Coogs
02-01-2006, 03:23 PM

Worst problem I can see there is that Edwards traded Moss to the Redskins. :hmmm:

Frankie
05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Dan, you Donkey lover!

phxchief
05-02-2006, 09:47 AM

Yes please.

PWNAGE :)