PDA

View Full Version : Wow folks take a look at this Chad Greenway kid!

RedThat
01-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I'll provide a link here, then click under Chad Greenways Video Player Profile.

Pretty good tackler I would say!

http://hawkeyesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/greenway_chad00.html

Mecca
01-28-2006, 07:01 PM
To bad, linebacker is probably the last position we should be drafting........

jspchief
01-28-2006, 07:07 PM
He would be awesome the way we used our LBs last year. He's a stud in coverage.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I get nothing with the link

RedThat
01-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I get nothing with the link

the link doesn't work? Aww sh*t

Ok no problem man. Sorry about that man. I try.

*Just go under google(web), and type in chad greenway video player profile.

*Click under that web site you see in the link provided, and there is a video profile of him there.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Yea, I found the video.

I've been watching Greenway play for the Hawks for years, so I've seen what he can do. He's a stud. I know we don't need a LB very bad, but if we drafted him I'd have his authentic jersey in a heartbeat.

Skip Towne
01-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Could it be that the link doesn't work because Hawkeye is spelled wrong?

jspchief
01-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Could it be that the link doesn't work because Hawkeye is spelled wrong?How is it spelled wrong?

And FWIW, the link appears to be correct. http://hawkeyesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/greenway_chad00.html is the page to find the video on, but I couldn't get there via RedBull's link.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Yea, I found the video.

I've been watching Greenway play for the Hawks for years, so I've seen what he can do. He's a stud. I know we don't need a LB very bad, but if we drafted him I'd have his authentic jersey in a heartbeat.

So, What do you think of the people who are rating DeMeco Ryans ahead of him?

Skip Towne
01-28-2006, 07:25 PM
How is it spelled wrong?

And FWIW, the link appears to be correct. http://hawkeyesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/greenway_chad00.html is the page to find the video on, but I couldn't get there via RedBull's link.
Click the link. It says Haweye and so did the link till it got edited.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 07:28 PM
So, What do you think of the people who are rating DeMeco Ryans ahead of him?I think Greenway's stock fell this year because Iowa's D-line hampered his ability to play freely. Some team is going to make a mistake if they draft Ryans ahead of Greenway.

Ryans is a good LB (he looked solid tonight), but i don't feel he's a well rounded as Greenway.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 07:34 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/chadgreenway.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/demecoryans.html

Those reports make Greenway sound like the athletic freak and Ryans sound like the hardnosed "football player".

jspchief
01-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Those reports make Greenway sound like the athletic freak and Ryans sound like the hardnosed "football player".That's probably pretty accurate. IMO, Greenway is more athletic, and isn't quite the bruiser that Ryans is. Although he still can hit.

I think both guys will be good NFL LBs, and could be great if they are paired with the right system.

RedThat
01-28-2006, 07:43 PM
The only things I dont like from what I hear in Greenways game is, aggressive(over-pursue), and undisciplined.

*Those 2 things are a problem with the Chiefs defense. don't get me wrong though, the guy is a stud.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 07:48 PM
The only things I dont like from what I hear in Greenways game is, aggressive(over-pursue), and undisciplined.

*Those 2 things are a problem with the Chiefs defense. don't get me wrong though, the guy is a stud.

Well in fairness, almost every college player that posseses elite end speed for their position overpursues.

Cherryontop
01-28-2006, 08:06 PM
i like Chad Greenway..but i dont think its a glaring need for the chiefs....id like to grab a d lineman like that nose tackle Ngati...hes a lane clogger and a beast!

jAZ
01-28-2006, 08:31 PM
The link above is missing the "K" in "hawkeye". The text in the post shows the k, but the link itself doesn't have it.

A simple edit will fix the link.

Actually, it's missing a bit more than just the K. But in any case, the problem is the link portion doesn't match the text portion and is screwed up.

jAZ
01-28-2006, 08:31 PM
i like Chad Greenway..but i dont think its a glaring need for the chiefs....id like to grab a d lineman like that nose tackle Ngati...hes a lane clogger and a beast!
Is it me, or does he look more like an NFL safety than a LB.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Is it me, or does he look more like an NFL safety than a LB.He's 244 pounds. That's a big MF'ing safety.

htismaqe
01-28-2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/chadgreenway.html

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/demecoryans.html

Those reports make Greenway sound like the athletic freak and Ryans sound like the hardnosed "football player".

I don't think that's accurate at all.

Greenway is a "football player".

He's your prototypical motor guy and he's one of the smartest guys you'll ever see on a football field.

I don't think he's athletically "gifted" by any means, but for a guy his size he has pretty good wheels.

What really puts the guy over the top, though, is his mind. He always knows where to be at the right time...

htismaqe
01-28-2006, 08:37 PM

Where did you hear that?

Greenway is anything but undisciplined.

htismaqe
01-28-2006, 08:42 PM
the link is fixed...

Bowser
01-28-2006, 08:48 PM
That was a monster hit on special teams.

And like we'd dumped Scanlon for this guy. Sheesh.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't think that's accurate at all.

Greenway is a "football player".

He's your prototypical motor guy and he's one of the smartest guys you'll ever see on a football field.

I don't think he's athletically "gifted" by any means, but for a guy his size he has pretty good wheels.

What really puts the guy over the top, though, is his mind. He always knows where to be at the right time...I think Greenway is easily one of the more athletic OLBs in this year's draft.

I also don't consider him a hitter in the same manner Demeco Ryans is. He can hit, but he's not like an Abdul Hodge or Bob Sanders in that department.

Bowser
01-28-2006, 08:59 PM
I think Greenway is easily one of the more athletic OLBs in this year's draft.

I also don't consider him a hitter in the same manner Demeco Ryans is. He can hit, but he's not like an Abdul Hodge or Bob Sanders in that department.

The most important question is....Can he hit and play harder than what Kendrell Bell did last year?

htismaqe
01-28-2006, 09:04 PM

This year, he is. He's not as athletic as DJ or guys like that.

He's not overly fast either, he's just a unique combination of tall, strong, and everything else.

But it's his smarts that set him apart. He has tremendous instincts for the position, and as a former QB, he knows how to break down plays.

jspchief
01-28-2006, 09:07 PM
The most important question is....Can he hit and play harder than what Kendrell Bell did last year?IMO, he would have been a monster in Bell's role last year.

I'd love to have him, but don't really feel OLB is a pressing need.

htismaqe
01-28-2006, 09:08 PM
The most important question is....Can he hit and play harder than what Kendrell Bell did last year?

No question.

You'll very rarely see Greenway out of position like Bell was most of the year...

Mecca
01-28-2006, 09:13 PM

Abdul Hodge probably went from 2nd round to 5th round when he measured in at 5'10 instead of the 6'1 everyone thought he was.

Before last years draft, Kiper said he thought Greenway was a better prospect than DJ, I don't know if he still thinks that but he said it last year.

Bowser
01-28-2006, 09:15 PM
IMO, he would have been a monster in Bell's role last year.

I'd love to have him, but don't really feel OLB is a pressing need.

Maybe, maybe not. Bell likely won't return, and Key Fox is coming off of a blown knee.

I guess it depends on what we do in free agency (OT,WR, DL...)

Bowser
01-28-2006, 09:15 PM
No question.

You'll very rarely see Greenway out of position like Bell was most of the year...

Sounds good. Sign me up.

RedThat
01-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Where did you hear that?

Greenway is anything but undisciplined.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sc...adgreenway.html

jspchief
01-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Abdul Hodge probably went from 2nd round to 5th round when he measured in at 5'10 instead of the 6'1 everyone thought he was.

I don't think so. His play outweighs any size deficencies. He may not go in the 2nd, but there's no way in hell he gets to the 5th.

Lofa Tatupu went middle 2nd last year and he's only 5' 11"

RedThat
01-28-2006, 09:26 PM

He can cover, which is good because Bell can't cover if his life depended on it.

And Greenway is physical, tough. Plays with heart.....He plays with his will.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't think so. His play outweighs any size deficencies. He may not go in the 2nd, but there's no way in hell he gets to the 5th.

Lofa Tatupu went middle 2nd last year and he's only 5' 11"

That pick looks great now......but it got lambasted on draft day. Tatupu was thought of as a 4th-5th round pick going into the draft.

AirForceChief
01-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Love BIG MOTOR guys like that. Who gives a crap about how fast they are, how much they can lift, etc. You can tell they play with an extreme passion. I'd take eleven of 'em on defense!!

Mecca
01-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Love BIG MOTOR guys like that. Who gives a crap about how fast they are, how much they can lift, etc. You can tell they play with an extreme passion. I'd take eleven of 'em on defense!!

You need some form of talent........you can have the highest motor in the world but if you don't have the ability to get it done it won't matter.

AirForceChief
01-28-2006, 09:37 PM
That pick looks great now......but it got lambasted on draft day. Tatupu was thought of as a 4th-5th round pick going into the draft.

And so your point is? 1) Iggy the draft experts? or 2) Follow them and pick someone else? Cripes, how many times have the Chiefs reached with no results: Freeman, Siavii (yes, I know the list goes on...down to Blacklidge...I'm trying to keep it recent.)?

Mecca
01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
And so your point is? 1) Iggy the draft experts? or 2) Follow them and pick someone else? Cripes, how many times have the Chiefs reached with no results: Freeman, Siavii (yes, I know the list goes on...down to Blacklidge...I'm trying to keep it recent.)?

I think draft projections are generally good.....if you can get a guy in the 4th round even if he's good, why reach 2 rounds higher? Then you have a shot at an extra good player.

The Chiefs problem with blowing picks is they reach for players. Siavii was thought of as a 5th rounder. Most of the Chiefs blown picks are from reaching or trying to fill a need so bad they put on the blinders and don't take the best player available.

Bowser
01-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Isn't Lofa Tatupu a Pro Bowler, on top of Defensive Rookie of the Year? I'd call that extra special.

RedThat
01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
You need some form of talent........you can have the highest motor in the world but if you don't have the ability to get it done it won't matter.

I'll take guys with high motors on my team anyday over talent anyday of the week. As long as they're smart intellegent football players with a punch'em in the mouth attitude, thats better than talent imo.

Like Herm Edwards said....."Its about the will man!"....."Its not about the skill, Its about the will!" "You play with your will!"

Mecca
01-28-2006, 09:49 PM
I'll take guys with high motors on my team anyday over talent anyday of the week. As long as they're smart intellegent football players with a punch'em in the mouth attitude, thats better than talent imo.

Like Herm Edwards said....."Its about the will man!"....."Its not about the skill, Its about the will!" "You play with your will!"

That's fine when you're comparing guys who have 1st round talent like Chad Greenway. But saying you'd take the high motor guys who lack talent over the really talented players isn't that wise. I bet you'd take Sammy Knight over Sean Taylor right..........

It's not good to have a bunch of lazy guys but it's not good to have no talent either.

Skip Towne
01-28-2006, 09:50 PM
And you'd get your ass kicked in the NFL. When your slow "BIG MOTOR" guys can't get to the corner, the offense can. You're dicked.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 09:51 PM
And you'd get your ass kicked in the NFL. When your slow "BIG MOTOR" guys can't get to the corner, the offense can. You're dicked.

Exactly, you can love blue collar players and have some of them. But you can't build a defense that way or you'll get owned by superior athletes.

Skip Towne
01-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Exactly, you can love blue collar players and have some of them. But you can't build a defense that way or you'll get owned by superior athletes.
Yep.

AirForceChief
01-28-2006, 09:57 PM

Well then I'd take this one...w/ Jared Allen, I'd guess that makes two for the Chiefs.

RedThat
01-28-2006, 09:57 PM
That's fine when you're comparing guys who have 1st round talent like Chad Greenway. But saying you'd take the high motor guys who lack talent over the really talented players isn't that wise. I bet you'd take Sammy Knight over Sean Taylor right..........

It's not good to have a bunch of lazy guys but it's not good to have no talent either.

Sammy Knight over Sean Taylor? Oh no man....no

I'll take Rodney Harrison over Sean Taylor.

Rodney is physical, tough son of a gun, makes plays, intellegent guy, stays out of trouble, yeah he's a little bit dirty(but I like dirty), he plays with heart man.

Aint the most skillful guy, but I will say, when that guy is healthy, he is easily one of the top 5 safeties in the league.

Mecca
01-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Sammy Knight over Sean Taylor? Oh no man....no

I'll take Rodney Harrison over Sean Taylor.

Rodney is physical, tough son of a gun, makes plays, intellegent guy, stays out of trouble, yeah he's a little bit dirty(but I like dirty), he plays with heart man.

Aint the most skillful guy, but I will say, when that guy is healthy, he is easily one of the top 5 safeties in the league.

Rodney Harrison wasn't always what he is now. He's old now so of course he isn't as fast. He also gets the benefit of playing with Eugene Wilson who's one of the best free safeties in the league.

The point I was trying to make is you can't have 11 guys be like that. If both of the Pat's safeties were Rodney Harrison they'd get beat deep alot.

Also for every hard playing blue collar guy out there playing hard and doing well. There are 5 of them struggling to make rosters because they just aren't good enough.

RedThat
01-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Rodney Harrison wasn't always what he is now. He's old now so of course he isn't as fast. He also gets the benefit of playing with Eugene Wilson who's one of the best free safeties in the league.

The point I was trying to make is you can't have 11 guys be like that. If both of the Pat's safeties were Rodney Harrison they'd get beat deep alot.

Also for every hard playing blue collar guy out there playing hard and doing well. There are 5 of them struggling to make rosters because they just aren't good enough.

Well, Harrison is a strong safety, he is not expected nor asked to cover guys deep. I agree with you that, yes if both Pats safeties were like Harrison they'd get beat deep.

But, every player has a role man. For what Harrison does, hes awesome.

htismaqe
01-29-2006, 06:55 AM

Which is why Greenway would look so good next to Mitchell and DJ. :D

I just don't think we can afford to neglect DE, DT, or S to get him.

milkman
01-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Which is why Greenway would look so good next to Mitchell and DJ. :D

I just don't think we can afford to neglect DE, DT, or S to get him.

I agree.

However, I also believe you should take the best athlete available, and if Greeway is there, and Huff is gone, who would you select?

htismaqe
01-29-2006, 11:33 AM
I agree.

However, I also believe you should take the best athlete available, and if Greeway is there, and Huff is gone, who would you select?

If Huff, McNeill, Hali, and Bunkley are all gone, I take Greenway. :D

RedThat
01-29-2006, 11:36 AM
If Huff, McNeill, Hali, and Bunkley are all gone, I take Greenway. :D

I posted a Tamba Hali video in this forum. Let me know what you think of him.

milkman
01-29-2006, 12:01 PM
I agree.

I haven't really gotten into the draft analysis yet, but from what little I have read and seen so far, I'm not sure I'd take Bunkley ahead of Greenway.

But for in the end, I defer to your judgement, since I haven't had too much opportunity to watch college football this season.

htismaqe
01-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I posted a Tamba Hali video in this forum. Let me know what you think of him.

I've seen Hali play several times, I'm a Big 10 junkie. :D

htismaqe
01-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I haven't really gotten into the draft analysis yet, but from what little I have read and seen so far, I'm not sure I'd take Bunkley ahead of Greenway.

But for in the end, I defer to your judgement, since I haven't had too much opportunity to watch college football this season.

Yeah, I doubt I'd pass on Greenway for Bunkley. It's just that we're so set at LB and so not-set anywhere else... :D

milkman
01-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I doubt I'd pass on Greenway for Bunkley. It's just that we're so set at LB and so not-set anywhere else... :D

In that case, I might take Greenway, and hope Gabe Watson falls to us in the second round.

RedThat
01-29-2006, 05:10 PM

The "weakside" linebacker we are weak. Barber and Bell aren't the answer.

Perhaps Keyaron Fox is the only hope we have there?
:shrug:

htismaqe
01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
The "weakside" linebacker we are weak. Barber and Bell aren't the answer.

Perhaps Keyaron Fox is the only hope we have there?
:shrug:

Based on his collegiate resume, I'd say Fox has the potential to be that guy.

BigChiefFan
01-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Greenway is a damn good player, but I think we need more D-Line help than LBing at this point.

milkman
01-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Greenway is a damn good player, but I think we need more D-Line help than LBing at this point.

I don't disagree, but I hope we don't get into a mindset of taking the best available DT, when there is a far better athlete at another position sitting on the board.

htismaqe
01-31-2006, 07:54 AM

If that's the line we're gonna take, we should trade down.