PDA

View Full Version : This mock will make you all extremely happy I'm sure.......

Mecca
01-28-2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.draftstudio.com/mock.htm

Mike Huff is our pick...........

Dunit35
01-29-2006, 01:17 AM
That would be sweet. I like that guy.

Dave Lane
02-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I'd freak out and destroy my TV. We need pass rush or CB period!

Dave

jspchief
02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
F*ck yes it would make me happy. Of the guys we have even a sniff at getting, he's #1 on my list.

Mr. Laz
02-07-2006, 10:38 PM
1st - 20. Michael Huff SS Texas
2nd - 54 Kamerion Wimbley DE Florida State
3rd - 84 Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson

jspchief
02-07-2006, 11:30 PM
1st - 20. Michael Huff SS Texas
2nd - 54 Kamerion Wimbley DE Florida State
3rd - 84 Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson I don't love Wimbley, but could live with him in the second round.

Whitehurst is a good candidate to learn behind Green for a few years, and has more pro QB potential than any QB we've drafted in the last 20 years.

The Bad Guy
02-07-2006, 11:49 PM
I'd freak out and destroy my TV. We need pass rush or CB period!

Dave

Huff goes a long way to making our secondary and tackling ability better.

jspchief
02-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Huff goes a long way to making our secondary and tackling ability better.Huff is an immediate upgrade at FS IMO. There aren't many positions where a rookie can step right in and excell, but safety is one of them.

jspchief
02-08-2006, 12:03 AM
That draft has Gabe Watson available when we take Wimbley, I'd rather get the DT.

Miles
02-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Hell hopefully the tweener nonsense could help huff fall to us somehow. He would make a great addition to DJ who had sheding block concerns. Odd they have him listed as a SS by the way.

Whitehurst in the third would be money too. I think he will be gone by the time we pick in the third.

BigChiefFan
02-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Upgrade the D-line and you will UPGRADE the entire defense. Huff is a great player, but we need D-line help.

htismaqe
02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Kamerion Wimbley would be an upgrade to our d-line.

We need a FS in the worst way.

And Dave Lane, if we draft a CB, we're the stupidest franchise in the NFL. We've got 10% of our cap already wrapped up in the position.

BigChiefFan
02-08-2006, 11:06 AM
We may need a FS, but spending a 1st rounder on one isn't the way to go, IMO. We've blown so many damn picks on safeties and now you are advocating spending a 1st rounder on one? I don't see it.

htismaqe
02-08-2006, 11:24 AM
We may need a FS, but spending a 1st rounder on one isn't the way to go, IMO. We've blown so many damn picks on safeties and now you are advocating spending a 1st rounder on one? I don't see it.

We've blown alot of late-round picks, but we haven't spend one on a LEGIT safety since the 1996 draft.

htismaqe
02-08-2006, 11:25 AM
By the way, by your logic, we should be picking a DT either.

We've spent almost 25% of our first day picks since Vermeil arrived on defensive tackles.

BigChiefFan
02-08-2006, 01:14 PM
By the way, by your logic, we should be picking a DT either.

We've spent almost 25% of our first day picks since Vermeil arrived on defensive tackles.
I'm just a firm believer in the battle being won in the trenches and also don't believe our secondary is as bad as some think it is. Wesley absolutely has talent. Knight is a starter and Surtain is definitely worthy of being the number one corner on most teams. I believe with a better pass rush, the secondary will improve.

Does that mean we should allow Woods to collect a massive paycheck riding the pine? Hell no we shouldn't, but I'm just not convinced that we should put FS as our most pressing need, especially considering Wesley has been a SS his entire carreer, until last year.

I can't think of a worse starting D-line than the Chiefs, maybe the Raiders have us beat there, but we are definitely nothing special. The game is won and lost in the trenches.

Dave Lane
02-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Kamerion Wimbley would be an upgrade to our d-line.

We need a FS in the worst way.

And Dave Lane, if we draft a CB, we're the stupidest franchise in the NFL. We've got 10% of our cap already wrapped up in the position.

I'd take it before I'd take a safety...

I think CB in the 2nd or 3rd DT or DE in the 1st.

Dave

htismaqe
02-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm just a firm believer in the battle being won in the trenches and also don't believe our secondary is as bad as some think it is. Wesley absolutely has talent. Knight is a starter and Surtain is definitely worthy of being the number one corner on most teams. I believe with a better pass rush, the secondary will improve.

Does that mean we should allow Woods to collect a massive paycheck riding the pine? Hell no we shouldn't, but I'm just not convinced that we should put FS as our most pressing need, especially considering Wesley has been a SS his entire carreer, until last year.

I can't think of a worse starting D-line than the Chiefs, maybe the Raiders have us beat there, but we are definitely nothing special. The game is won and lost in the trenches.

I'm not saying we don't need defensive line upgrades. But if we take Gabe Watson at #20 we're just asking for trouble. Give him that fat check and he'll disappear -- Ryan Sims part 2.

If Huff is there, we should take him. FS IS a need and he'd be the BAA to boot.

htismaqe
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I'd take it before I'd take a safety...

I think CB in the 2nd or 3rd DT or DE in the 1st.

Dave

If we draft a CB at all, I'm gonna be pissed. Trade away picks to get one of the best CB's in the game and then spend another pick the next year because that wasn't enough?

That's just dumb enough that the Chiefs will probably do it.

BigChiefFan
02-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm not saying we don't need defensive line upgrades. But if we take Gabe Watson at #20 we're just asking for trouble. Give him that fat check and he'll disappear -- Ryan Sims part 2.

If Huff is there, we should take him. FS IS a need and he'd be the BAA to boot. I like Huff, but I just hate spending a mid-round FIRST ROUND pick on any safety. I agree, he's probaly one of the better values at 20, if he's still there, but I still prefer addressing part of the D-line in the first round, depending on FA.

BTW, At this point,I think we could probably trade down a little and still get Gabe Watson, but alot will depend on his combine numbers.

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 10:19 AM
I like Huff, but I just hate spending a mid-round FIRST ROUND pick on any safety. I agree, he's probaly one of the better values at 20, if he's still there, but I still prefer addressing part of the D-line in the first round, depending on FA.

BTW, At this point,I think we could probably trade down a little and still get Gabe Watson, but alot will depend on his combine numbers.

You wouldn't spend a mid-1st round pick on ANY safety? Including Taylor, Polamalu, Reed, or Williams?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/FS

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/SS

Look at the last 8 years or so. Almost all of the starting safeties in the league were drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

We need to address this now. None of the best defenses in the league try to get by at safety like we do.

htismaqe
02-09-2006, 10:22 AM
And just so I understand, you'd pick a d-linemen regardless of who is available?

What if Hali, Watson, Bunkley, and Wright are all gone? Would you pick Claude Wroten over Huff? How about Kiwi?

To me, that's EXACTLY what the Chiefs would do, and it's precisely why this team can't get it done...

They finally made the right move last year. I hope they now know what to do in that situation.

BigChiefFan
02-09-2006, 10:26 AM
You wouldn't spend a mid-1st round pick on ANY safety? Including Taylor, Polamalu, Reed, or Williams?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/FS

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/positions/SS

Look at the last 8 years or so. Almost all of the starting safeties in the league were drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

We need to address this now. None of the best defenses in the league try to get by at safety like we do. It's not the most pressing need, IMO. We ADDRESSED part of it last year, by signing Sammy Knight.
I'm also sure Gunther thinks he can improve Wesley's play at FS. I don't see the Chiefs giving up on Wesley as the FS after one year, when he still made some plays.

BigChiefFan
02-09-2006, 10:29 AM
And just so I understand, you'd pick a d-linemen regardless of who is available?

What if Hali, Watson, Bunkley, and Wright are all gone? Would you pick Claude Wroten over Huff? How about Kiwi?

To me, that's EXACTLY what the Chiefs would do, and it's precisely why this team can't get it done...

They finally made the right move last year. I hope they now know what to do in that situation. **** no, I wouldn't. Have you even been paying attention. LOL. I said I would trade down for Watson. I also mentioned Chad Jackson yesterday, a WR at 20 was the best value, when someone posted that mock help thread. Taking into consideration, who had been picked in that mock.

We still have the combine and FA. FA will dictate how we proceed in the draft.