PDA

View Full Version : How are your teams doing in recruiting?

Mecca
01-30-2006, 12:41 AM
So I was wondering how all of your college teams are doing in recruiting this year. Here's a look at USC's class.............

#2 in the nation

David Ausberry WR 4 stars
Allen Bradford LB 5 stars
C.J. Gable ATH 5 stars
Stanley Havili RB 4 stars
Vidal Hazelton WR 5 stars
Zack Heberer OL 4 stars
Stafon Johnson RB 5 stars
Vincent Joseph DB 3 stars
Butch Lewis DT 4 stars
Taylor Mays ATH 5 stars
Anthony McCoy TE 4 stars
Emmanuel Moody RB 4 stars
Alex Parsons DT 4 stars
Travon Patterson WR 3 stars
Antwine Perez DB 4 stars
Derek Simmons DE 4 stars
Joshua Tatum LB 4 stars
Gerald Washington TE 3 stars
Shareece Wright DB 4 stars

USC is 2nd in the country with 19 commits to have that many highly rated players in 1 class is amazing if you ask me. All of the other teams rated highly have more commits than USC, USC's players have the highest ranking average.

On a side note according to some people this class only has 1 player under 4 stars, Travon Patterson and Gerald Washington are rated 4 stars by some recruiting services.

Demonpenz
01-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Show off. Although you graduated from there correct? That makes it more alright. I have something against people who like college team when they don't live near the school or have any real affiliation to them.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Show off. Although you graduated from there correct? That makes it more alright. I have something against people who like college team when they don't live near the school or have any real affiliation to them.

Let me show off some, it makes up for the Paul Hackett years........

Demonpenz
01-30-2006, 12:49 AM
They should be in the top 5 for awhile. Who they got coming in at qb next year

Mecca
01-30-2006, 12:50 AM
John David Booty is going to go in as the starter, he was the number 1 QB recruit a few years ago. Behind him is Mark Sanchez who was the 1st or 2nd QB last year depending on what service you use.

Miles
01-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Just going by rivals rankings LSU ranks #6 with:

2, 5 stars
11, 4 stars
12, 3 stars

Can't say I like how Florida's class is shaping up but LSU's doesn't look to bad.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Florida has 28 commits plus Percy Harvin who was the number 1 player in the country. They'll lose Damian Williams though, he's the 4 star WR from Arkansas, he went to high school with Mustain. Anyone you listen to talk about him, thinks he's going to switch to Arkansas before signing day.

I'm not sure Florida's class is elite but just a huge class.

Miles
01-30-2006, 01:09 AM

Good point. Though with their large numbers I would guess they have a nice chance of having guys that work out.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I saw Tebow and Harvin in the high school all star game. Tebow fits Meyer's offense but he wasn't very impressive out there. Harvin looks like he should be a solid player but he's not in the vain of Dwayne Jarrett or a player like that. Harvin's a small fast reciever.

I came away somewhat unimpressed with Harvin and Tebow for the hype they've recieved.

Miles
01-30-2006, 01:18 AM
I saw Tebow and Harvin in the high school all star game. Tebow fits Meyer's offense but he wasn't very impressive out there. Harvin looks like he should be a solid player but he's not in the vain of Dwayne Jarrett or a player like that. Harvin's a small fast reciever.

I came away somewhat unimpressed with Harvin and Tebow for the hype they've recieved.

Thats good to know. I have done a pretty poor job of following the recruting classes this year.

Also USC landing 5 5-star recurits is pretty damn impressive. The somewhat smaller recruiting class they have shouldnt matter since they seemed to have gone with quality. Add that with the past few recruting classes and they have a nice stockpile.

Ultra Peanut
01-30-2006, 01:23 AM
We only have 15 schollies open, with a small senior class and some significant transfers already coming in (including Jada Brown and Corey Mills, two highly-touted D-Linemen that didn't mesh with Coach Ogre and the "Wild Boys" down in Oxford), but the quality is quite nice.

Our latest commitment is Winston Bowens, who picked us over Kansas State. He had an offer from the Wildcats and visited the Little Apple on the 13th, then visited Memphis on the 20th, and made his decision today, apparently.

WR Duke Calhoun, one of the few Memphis city prospects we're recruiting, is holding a press conference tomorrow. We've supposedly been leading, with UTK and Mississippi also in the running.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Thats good to know. I have done a pretty poor job of following the recruting classes this year.

Also USC landing 5 5-star recurits is pretty damn impressive. The somewhat smaller recruiting class they have shouldnt matter since they seemed to have gone with quality. Add that with the past few recruting classes and they have a nice stockpile.

David Ausberry is 6'4 and Vidal Hazelton is 6'3 so USC continues with having giant WR's.

When you look at the Allen Bradford recruit your jaw drops because USC got 4 of the top 10 LB's last year when they got Brian Cushing, Luther Brown, Kaluka Maivia and Ray Mauluga. So you add in another to LB recruit plus junior Keith Rivers and that's about as stacked a LB core as you'll ever see.

JBucc
01-30-2006, 07:30 AM
I think 31st according to Rivals. I think we spent too much time focusing on Mustain and forgot about every other position. We really haven't had that many committments until recent days. Hopefully Damien Williams will decommit from Florida and come here. Arkansas btw.

Skip Towne
01-30-2006, 07:43 AM
I'll bet Nebraska has 17 five stars. I'll go check with alanm.

phxchief
01-30-2006, 07:48 AM
The top two remaining recruits who haven't made any committment both have LSU high on their list. If Miles manages to get Andre Smith in, i'll be happy.

Gonna be tough up against USC, Alabama and Florida though.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Florida has 28 commits plus Percy Harvin who was the number 1 player in the country. They'll lose Damian Williams though, he's the 4 star WR from Arkansas, he went to high school with Mustain. Anyone you listen to talk about him, thinks he's going to switch to Arkansas before signing day.

Our class is damn good. We have 4 5-star player (to USC's 5) and 18 4-star players (to USC's 11).

Hopefully we can still add CJ Spiller (5-star RB, #8 player in the country) and/or Andre Smith (5-star OL, #2 player in the country).

Yes, we will probably lose Williams, which is a shame, but we are still stacked at WR.

alanm
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
I'll bet Nebraska has 17 five stars. I'll go check with alanm.
Nope a pretty modest class. Ranked 18th. But on a side note it came out yesterday that Nebraska is the #1 school in the nation for graduation rates in athletics at 93%
I bet you can find USC somewhere down near the bottom. :)

:phttp://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/01/27/43da55fc57d3e

htismaqe
01-30-2006, 03:12 PM
It's business as usual for the Hawkeyes.

After landing an aberration top 10 class last year, they spent this recruiting season filling in some holes.

They're currently 36th by Scout.com and they won't go up.

They won't sign any 5* players or any of the Top 100. Which is just fine by me, they've never needed top recruits to be what they are.

As far as key players in the class, they got one of the best LB's in PA in Jeremiah Hunter and they got one of the best overall players in Missouri in DE Adrian Klayborn.

Sully
01-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't know.

jAZ
01-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Gabe Long -- *****
Louis Holmes--*****
Devin Ross -- *****

All players USC lost to Mike Stoops and Arizona. This after a 3-8 record.

How sweet it is!

Saulbadguy
01-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Not bad considering he's been on the job 2 months.

Archie Bunker
01-30-2006, 03:25 PM
I think MU is around 45 with Maclin being the centerpiece of the class. The class ranks 9th out of the Big 12 with only ISU, Baylor, and Colorado worse. Not looking good.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Not looking good.
Not like it really matters.

RockChalk
01-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Scout.com has us at #47 and Rivals.com has us at #37, with one 4-star and 16 3-stars...pretty good considering the days of Terry Allen.

Now KU doesn't compare to the USC's and UT's, but they are getting better classes every year.

KCChiefsMan
01-30-2006, 03:48 PM
according to rivals.com, KU is #37 in recruiting! not too bad if ya ask me

Frosty
01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Rivals.com has us (Oregon State) at #38 and scout.com has us at #39. Not too bad; we usually get ripped to shreds over recruiting. It looks like we went hard at D-line, LB and WR. Wish we could get a decent QB.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Rivals.com has us (Oregon State) at #38 and scout.com has us at #39. Not too bad; we usually get ripped to shreds over recruiting. It looks like we went hard at D-line, LB and WR. Wish we could get a decent QB.
Kevin Lopina? :)

Mr. Laz
01-30-2006, 05:00 PM
according to rivals.com, KU is #37 in recruiting! not too bad if ya ask me

http://img398.exs.cx/img398/4206/picture0365ev.jpg

JBucc
01-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Apparently Damien is holding a press conferece tonight to announce his decommiting from FLA and commiting to AR. Good news for us :thumb:

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Apparently Damien is holding a press conferece tonight to announce his decommiting from FLA and commiting to AR. Good news for us :thumb:

Yeah, it looks like we'll be losing the 3rd best WR in our recruiting class. Guess he's afraid of the competition from this year's WRs plus the two 4-star WRs we nabbed last year. Then there's still Andre Caldwell, Jemalle Cornelius and Dallas Baker all returning.

SCTrojan
01-30-2006, 06:20 PM
We're also in the running for a few other players: Andre Smith - OL, Gerald McCoy - DL, Joshua Tatum - S, Jamere Holland - WR, Garret Green - QB.

Getting Smith and McCoy would be almost a miracle. But the experts say we're still in the running. I think when all is said and done we'll get Jamere Holland. And maybe Green because we need the depth at QB.

There's also scuttlebutt that Vidal Hazleton, the WR from Virginia, is now considering Penn State.

I hate getting too wrapped up in all of this, because it's such a roller coaster ride. We'll all see on Wednesday, when the LOIs get faxed in.

Saulbadguy
01-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey arc..sounds like K-state stole another guy from OSU. Jeron Mastrud, a TE from Beaverton.

KevB
01-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah, it looks like we'll be losing the 3rd best WR in our recruiting class. Guess he's afraid of the competition from this year's WRs plus the two 4-star WRs we nabbed last year. Then there's still Andre Caldwell, Jemalle Cornelius and Dallas Baker all returning.

I'm sure losing the guy means nothing to the Florida coaches too.
:rolleyes:

Frosty
01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Kevin Lopina? :)

I said a good QB.

Frosty
01-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey arc..sounds like K-state stole another guy from OSU. Jeron Mastrud, a TE from Beaverton.

Stole is probably a little strong. He visited OSU but wasn't offered a scholorship. We have some very good TEs already.

JBucc
01-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it looks like we'll be losing the 3rd best WR in our recruiting class. Guess he's afraid of the competition from this year's WRs plus the two 4-star WRs we nabbed last year. Then there's still Andre Caldwell, Jemalle Cornelius and Dallas Baker all returning.Yeah that's what we've been saying. At Florida he's just another recruit but here he can be something, and we really need help at reciever.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm sure losing the guy means nothing to the Florida coaches too.
:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to have him. But Florida's strength is at WR and we have many talented players at the position.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to have him. But Florida's strength is at WR and we have many talented players at the position.

I remember a few years ago when the Gators had the top class with guys like Leak, Deshawn Wynn and so on. That class has never really panned out........

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:12 PM
We're also in the running for a few other players: Andre Smith - OL, Gerald McCoy - DL, Joshua Tatum - S, Jamere Holland - WR, Garret Green - QB.

Getting Smith and McCoy would be almost a miracle. But the experts say we're still in the running. I think when all is said and done we'll get Jamere Holland. And maybe Green because we need the depth at QB.

There's also scuttlebutt that Vidal Hazleton, the WR from Virginia, is now considering Penn State.

I hate getting too wrapped up in all of this, because it's such a roller coaster ride. We'll all see on Wednesday, when the LOIs get faxed in.

Unfortunatly I think McCoy is going to Oklahoma and Smith is going to Alabama. It would be nice if they'd pull shocks and go to USC though. I think we already got the commit from Tatum, rivals is just listing him as a LB instead of a safety.

Penn State is getting in and stealing away recruits here as of late..........Hazelton better not leave.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I remember a few years ago when the Gators had the top class with guys like Leak, Deshawn Wynn and so on. That class has never really panned out........

Ron Zook.

Yeah, Leak hasn't been amazing (especially in the spread option) and Wynn has turned out to be pretty lazy.

In his first year Meyer had more wins in a single season than Zook ever did and Meyer went undefeated in the Swamp, which Zook never did. It'll be interesting to see how Meyer performs once he has players he recruits.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:17 PM
F$U is trying to buy a WR away from us right now. We have a fine class at every position but QB. Coker should still be fired though.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Unfortunatly I think McCoy is going to Oklahoma and Smith is going to Alabama. It would be nice if they'd pull shocks and go to USC though. I think we already got the commit from Tatum, rivals is just listing him as a LB instead of a safety.

Penn State is getting in and stealing away recruits here as of late..........Hazelton better not leave.

Vidal Hazelton isnt going to be admitted at any school for at least 2 years. His grades are that bad. So dont get excited if he stays with USC instead of joining Pat Devlin at Penn State.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
F$U is trying to buy a WR away from us right now. We have a fine class at every position but QB. Coker should still be fired though.

Stealing QB recruits from Arkansas State is always promising...........

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Stealing QB recruits from Arkansas State is always promising...........

Indeed. I am disgusted as is most of the fan base. Didnt particularly enjoy seeing Pat Devlin leave us high and dry at the last second.

Mecca
01-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Vidal Hazelton isnt going to be admitted at any school for at least 2 years. His grades are that bad. So dont get excited if he stays with USC instead of joining Pat Devlin at Penn State.

We have a ton of talented WR's so waiting on him won't be a problem.

Ultra Peanut
01-30-2006, 11:33 PM
WR Duke Calhoun, one of the few Memphis city prospects we're recruiting, is holding a press conference tomorrow. We've supposedly been leading, with UTK and Mississippi also in the running.Duke is a Tiger. Woot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/calhoun.jpg

That's 9 announced commitments, though the hush-hush nature of the way Tommy and the staff recruit (causes lots of panic early by those with no memory, but the "woe is us" chatter aside, we've been to three bowls in a row... I trust him) means the class is probably almost complete by now.

LT Walker committed to Louisville, but some sources from Wynne (DeAngelo's hometown) are saying it's still a bit up in the air at the moment.

Rausch
01-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Mizzou has been pretty damned good at recruiting lately.

Too bad the other team always asks them to play the ****ing game...

htismaqe
01-31-2006, 06:56 AM
Ron Zook.

Yeah, Leak hasn't been amazing (especially in the spread option) and Wynn has turned out to be pretty lazy.

In his first year Meyer had more wins in a single season than Zook ever did and Meyer went undefeated in the Swamp, which Zook never did. It'll be interesting to see how Meyer performs once he has players he recruits.

Meyer got a pretty good bowl win too...

With the help of the refs. :D

jAZ
01-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Gabe Long -- *****
Louis Holmes--*****
Devin Ross -- *****

How sweet it is!
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/sports/college/013006c1_recruting_experts

Monday, January 30, 2006
Recruiting services are bullish about Cats
JOHN MOREDICH

Tucson Citizen

University of Arizona coach Mike Stoops is aggressive by nature, and it has paid off in the recruiting circles.

Heading into the final days before the NCAA's initial signing period Wednesday, the Wildcats are ranked 16th nationally by Scout.com and second in the Pac-10. Rivals.com has UA 17th nationally, third in the league.

"(Arizona is) one of the nation's biggest surprises," Rivals.com recruiting analyst Jeremy Crabtree wrote.

Unlike years past, when the Wildcats, who are coming off back-to-back 3-8 records, went away from recruiting against the big boys of college football, UA is going full steam ahead, and the approach has been noticed.

"The Pac-10 should be concerned because I truly feel they are a program on the rise," Scout.com's Jamie Newberg said. "Will they ever challenge USC? Well, that remains to be seen because everyone in the Pac-10 is chasing the Trojans. But someone is going to step up soon, so why can't it be Arizona?

"If they build through defense and around a young QB like Willie Tuitama, then I see this team doing quite well. And once that happens I see their recruiting getting even better."

The Wildcats have 25 known commitments, including three junior college transfers signed in December. Five-star JC transfers Louis Holmes and Gabe Long are still awaiting enrollment, however.

The rest of the class is finalized this week with each recruit getting at least a three-star rating according to Rivals.com, and only one player with two stars from Scout.com.

After signing four-star JC transfer James Tretheway before Christmas, the Wildcats are also getting letters of intent from four-star recruits cornerback Devin Ross, tailback Derke Robinson, tight end A.J. Simmons and cornerback Mike Turner.

Robinson originally committed to Texas, but changed.

Holmes was pursued until the last minute by USC. Ross was leaning toward Arizona, and then ultimately chose the Wildcats despite a late push by USC.

The Wildcats are not winning all the battles. Five-star tailback C.J. Gable visited UA but is signing with USC, and receiver Terrance Austin chose UCLA, just to name two.

"I think some schools in the Pac-10 do need to look at what Stoops is doing," PrepStar editor Rob MacIntyre said. "I think too many Pac-10 schools put kids on their 'watch list' that they feel they have a shot at.

"For example, Arizona and USC were in on C.J. Gable, and I think schools like Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State and UCLA all sat back and said, 'Oh, he is a USC lock, so let's focus on someone else.'

"UA continued to recruit him even though USC was in the mix, and the Wildcats almost landed him. Stoops doesn't seem to give up as easily as other Pac-10 coaches."

One thing the Wildcats have had going for them is the enticement of immediate playing time. Arizona demonstrated last season, with Tuitama being pulled halfway through his redshirt year, and 2005 Pac-10 co-freshman of the year receiver Mike Thomas getting extended action, that the best talent will play, regardless of age.

That means no redshirt year for some players, a big selling point for those considering the likes of USC and Texas.

"I think because they played so many young players, with those guys playing well, it reinforced the idea or notion that they are willing to play young players, that this is a team on the rise and built for the future,'' Newberg said. "Those are some great positives to sell to recruits.

"I think the biggest thing they face is, when do they turn the corner on the field? At some point they will have to do this on the field, but if they continue to improve, that question will answer itself."

Mecca
02-01-2006, 06:00 AM
USC is in with 2 more recruits 4 Star LB Micheal Morgan from Dallas, and 3 Star DB Alfred Rowe from Long Beach........USC is now right behind Florida for the number 1 spot in recruiting.

Now if we can pull off an upset with Gerald McCoy or Andre Smith this class will be greatness.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Kstatesports is adding video features and bios on all our recruits as they fax in their LOI's.

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=233340

Great new feature. All hail HCRP!

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Some of our expected signees (yes, I have too much free time):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/bowens.jpg
Winston Bowens LB North Clayton HS (College Park, GA) 6' 228 lbs.
Picked Memphis over Kansas State, with other offers from Southern Miss and South Carolina. Rated as one of the nation's Top 50 outside linebackers by ESPN.com, and a three-star prospect on Scout.com. Named to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's All-4A team.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/nophoto.jpg
Charlie Bryant OL/TE First Assembly Christian School (Memphis, TN) 6'7" 255 lbs.
Also had offers from Vanderbilt, Miss. State, and Arkansas State. Was on the honor roll and played basketball at FACS, in addition to being a standout on the football field for a Crusaders team that compiled a 7-4 record and went to the 2A playoffs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/calhoun.jpg
Duke Calhoun WR Raleigh-Egypt HS (Memphis, TN) 6'4" 185 lbs.
Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas also offered. Rated as the #6 player overall in Tennessee and the #33 wide receiver in the nation by Rivals.com, and a three-star recruit on both Rivals.com and Scout.com. Made the All-Shelby County and honorable mention All-State teams.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/dupree.jpg
Randy Dupree RB Etowah HS (Atalla, AL) 5'11" 204 lbs.
Also had offers from Alabama and Vanderbilt. Played on both sides of the ball, in addition to playing everywhere on the basketball court, for Etowah. Played in the Alabama North-South All-Star Game and was a 2005 ASWA Class 4A All-State selection. Compiled over 1,500 rushing yards, 200 receiving yards, and 25 touchdowns in his junior season, with 37 tackles and 5 interceptions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/echols.jpg
Curtis Echols ATH White Station HS (Memphis, TN) 6'2" 180 lbs.
Arkansas State also extended an offer. Caught 65 passes for 998 yards and 21 touchdowns as a junior. Played for the Red Team in the Liberty Bowl High School All-Star Game in 2005. Called "one of the top pure athletes" on display at the Oxford Nike Training Camp by Scout.com.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/govan.jpg
Corderick Govan LB Charleston HS (Charleston, MS) 6'2" 197 lbs.
Southern Miss, Miss. State, Mississippi, Alabama, and Clemson also offered him. Rated as one of the Top 25 players in Mississippi by Rivals.com, and ranked as a three-star prospect by Scout.com; a first-team All-State selection in 2004 and 2005. Named the Most Valuable Defensive Player in his region by the Jackson Clarion-Ledger. Finished his senior season with 125 tackles (10 for loss), including 17 in the 3A North title game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/longstreet.jpg
Jeremy Longstreet LB Olive Branch HS (Olive Branch, MS) 6'1" 190 lbs.
Also had an offer from Mississippi, originally committing to Memphis before briefly switching to Mississippi and then switching back. Led a star-studded Olive Branch team (12-2, #3 in the final Commercial Appeal Dandy Dozen poll of 2005) with 88 tackles and 8 sacks on the year. Named second-team All-State by the Clarion-Ledger. His coach, Jamie Mitchell, says he, "May be the steal of the bunch." Played for Olive Branch with current Tigers linebacker Jeremy Rockette.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/malouf.jpg
Matt Malouf QB Oxford HS (Oxford, MS) 6'2" 211 lbs.
Picked Memphis over Mississippi, with offers from his hometown school and Southern Miss. An outstanding athlete who is a three-star on both Rivals.com and Scout.com, in addition to being inin Rivals' Mississippi Top 25 (19) and Dual-Threat Quarterbacks Top 25 (21) lists. Runs a 4.5 forty. Passed for 2,234 yards with 21 touchdowns and rushed for 674 yards and 9 touchdowns in 2005 en route to the 4A state semi-finals. According to his high school coach, Johnny Hill, "He ain't a good one, he's a great one. . . He is the total package," and he was named Class 4A Offensive Player of the Year and a first-team All-State selection by the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/onarheim.jpg
Deven Onarheim TE Thompson HS (Alabaster, AL) 6'7" 230 lbs.
Was also recruited by Clemson, UAB, and Vanderbilt. Tallied 35 catches for 489 yards and 6 touchdowns for Thompson in 2005. Named to the Shelby County (AL) Reporter's All-County Team. Also played basketball and baseball for the Warriors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/reagan.jpg
Matt Reagan K Bearden HS (Knoxville, TN) 6'1" 201 lbs.
Picked Memphis over Louisville and Northwestern, in addition to a host of others. He averaged 40.1 yards per punt, with over 80% of his kickoffs resulting in touchbacks. Named to the Chris Sailer Kicking Competition Top 12 in both 2005 and 2006.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/nophoto.jpg
Joshua Weaver DE Marietta HS (Marietta, GA) 6'4" 225 lbs.
Picked Memphis over UCF; also recruited by Southern Miss, East Carolina, and Louisville. Made the Marietta Daily Journal All-County first team. Runs a 4.6 forty-yard dash. Played for Marietta with current Tigers linebacker Greg Jackson.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/recruits06/wright.jpg
Bryan Wright DB Northwestern HS (Miami, FL) 5'10" 158 lbs.
Picked Memphis over Rutgers. Made Florida's 6A All-State third team and the All-Dade County first team, in addition to making the Miami Herald's Top 25 Recruits list. Recorded 5 interceptions in helping lead Northwestern to a 9-2 record and the semi-finals of the 6A state playoffs.

Boozer
02-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Gabe Long -- *****
Louis Holmes--*****
Devin Ross -- *****

How sweet it is!

What's the over-under on academic non-qualifiers in UA's recruiting class this year?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-01-2006, 09:48 AM
USC is in with 2 more recruits 4 Star LB Micheal Morgan from Dallas, and 3 Star DB Alfred Rowe from Long Beach........USC is now right behind Florida for the number 1 spot in recruiting.

Now if we can pull off an upset with Gerald McCoy or Andre Smith this class will be greatness.
I was hoping Morgan would be an aggie :cuss: Everyone thought he was between FSU and A&M and he picks USC. Oh well good luck to him. Aggies will probably finish around 25th in recruiting this year. Atleast Goodson didn't pick USC.

phxchief
02-01-2006, 10:20 AM
We let Reshad Jones (5-star #1 safety) slip right through our grasp. Shame.

But I doubted he would ever go outta state. Shame he chose UGA over Ga Tech... lol.

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 11:13 AM
CJ Spiller chose Clemson :shake:

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 11:14 AM
and Andre Smith to Alabama

1punkyQB
02-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Apparently USC is getting LeSean McCoy over my already recruiting-starved Hokies. Talk about the rich getting richer. Wasn't USC's class 1 or 2 before that? With UF's decommits, that probably puts them over the top.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 02:11 PM
I'll highlight the local HS prospects...

http://kstate.nmn.speedera.net/pics8/0/HG/HGIENKIJNVHQIRN.20060131222133.jpg
JOSH FREEMAN | QB
6-6, 230| Kansas City, Mo. (Grandview) | Watch Video

Quickly: One of the nation's most sought-after quarterbacks... A four-star rated prospect by both Rivals.com and Scout.com... The No. 4 pro-style rated quarterback in the country by Rivals... Also ranked as the No. 92 overall prospect in the nation by Rivals and the top player in the state of Missouri... A top 100 Dream Team selection by PrepStar and the magazine's No. 9 quarterback nationally... A 2005 EA Sports Elite 11 participant and one of just six quarterbacks selected to play in the prestigious U.S. Army High School All-America game... The No. 6 player in the Midlands region and No. 8 quarterback nationally by SuperPrep.
Grandview HS: Passed for over 7,000 yards as a prep... Led Grandview to a 7-4 record, a district title and a berth in the sectional round of the Missouri state playoffs as a senior... Completed 151-of-286 passes (53 percent) for 2,622 yards and 33 touchdowns in 2005... Also rushed for five scores... Earned first team Class 4 all-state honors from the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association... Was also selected to the Kansas City Star All-Metro team and was the 2005 Simone Award winner as the top player in the Kansas City metro area.... Topped 2,400 yards through the air with 23 touchdowns as a junior... Had 1,946 passing yards and 24 passing TDs as a sophomore, leading Grandview to a 9-3 record and a spot in the quarterfinals of the Class 4 playoffs... Set 10 school records during his career at Grandview, including career passing yards (7,175), passing touchdowns (78), attempts (809), completions (385), yards passing in a game (403) and touchdowns in a game (6)... Coached by Jason Godfrey.
Recruiting: Selected K-State over offers from Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Wisconsin.
Personal: Josh Tyler Freeman was born Jan. 13, 1988... Parents are Ron and Teresa Freeman... Father, Ron, played professionally in the USFL and serves as Grandview High's defensive coordinator... Plans to major in business.
Why K-State?: "Coach Prince. Just the confidence (Coach Prince) has in what he's going to do in that program and what he thinks he can do with me as his quarterback. He really instilled confidence in me and in their program. That's what won me over."

http://kstate.nmn.speedera.net/pics28/0/KE/KELTKUQCQKFWNAN.20060201040749.jpg
JOHN HOULIK | LB
5-11, 215 | Wichita, Kan. (Collegiate) | Watch Video

Quickly: An athletic and talented two-way player who could end up on either side of the ball at K-State... Is a two-star rated prospect by both Rivals.com and Scout.com.
Collegiate HS: A four-year letterwinner and three-year starter at Wichita Collegiate... Played both running back and linebacker for the Spartans... Earned first team Class 4 all-state honors from both the Wichita Eagle and Topeka Capital-Journal in 2005...Also a three-time All-Mid-Central Activities Association first team selection and two-time All-Metro pick... Selected to play in the 2006 Kansas Shrine Bowl. Recruiting: Selected K-State over an offer from Air Force.
Personal: John Houlik was born Feb. 13, 1987, in Wichita Kan...Parents are Jeff and Charlie Houlik... Grandson of Wichita State hall of fame running back Anton Houlik... Grandfather, Jack Ging, lettered three years at Oklahoma... Last name is pronounced "WHO-lick".
Why K-State?: "I loved all the coaches and the facilities. Everything was really good. I have always wanted to play in-state and this is a great school in a good conference. My family and friends are close and the people that I will be able to associate myself with for the next four or five years are really good people. It is going to be a good place for me."

http://kstate.nmn.speedera.net/pics27/0/AJ/AJPJTQCPOBCHAFG.20060201040954.jpg
ZACH KENDALL | DT
6-4, 280 | Peculiar, Mo. (Harrisonville) | Watch Video

Quickly: A physically gifted player with excellent work habits who is regarded as one of the top players in the state of Missouri... Prepped at one of the state's most successful programs... An All-Midlands pick by PrepStar... Is a three-star rated prospect by Rivals.com... Received two stars from Scout.com... Considered the No. 5 overall prospect in the state of Missouri by Rivals and the No. 45 defensive tackle nationally... The No. 53 player in the Midlands region by SuperPrep.
Harrisonville HS: Helped lead Harrisonville to three straight Class 3 state title game appearances, including state championships in both 2003 and 2005... Overall, Harrisonville posted a combined 39-3 record during his sophomore, junior and senior seasons... Selected as the 2005 Missouri Class 3 Defensive Player of the Year by the Missouri Football Coaches Association... Also a Class 3 all-state first teamer as a senior by the Kansas City Star and the Missouri Sportswriters and Sportscasters Association... Collected 74 tackles, including nine sacks and two fumble recoveries en route to all-state accolades as a junior... Had 46 stops with seven sacks as a sophomore... Coached by Fred Bouchard... Also lettered in basketball and track & field as a prep.
Recruiting: Selected K-State over offers from Kansas, Missouri, Ball State and Tulsa. Personal: Zach Kendall was born April 25, 1988...Son of Curtis and Sandra Kendall... Has a sister, Brooke... Plans to major in special education... Participated in a show chior in high school.
Why K-State?: "I talked to Coach Prince and it just gave me more reason to want to go to K-State. I think he's going to be a great head coach. He is going to be a great leader and I can't wait to play for him."

http://kstate.nmn.speedera.net/pics2/0/DB/DBIDPLZXYNHDUYO.20060201041020.jpg
SCOTT KREHBIEL | OL
6-7, 280 | Pratt, Kan. (Pratt) | Watch Video

Quickly: A massive yet athletic offensive lineman who is regarded as one of the top two players in the state of Kansas... An All-America selection by PrepStar... A three-star rated prospect by Rivals.com... Received two stars from Scout.com... Tapped by Rivals as the No. 51 offensive tackle prospect in the nation... The No. 39 player in the Midlands region by SuperPrep.
Pratt HS: Started and played both ways while a prep at Pratt High School... Earned first team all-state honors as a senior from both the Topeka Capital-Journal and Wichita Eagle in Class 4A... Was also a first team all-state pick by the Kansas Football Coaches Association (KFBCA)... Earned Class 4A Top 11 honors from the Hutchinson News as a junior, despite seeing his playing time severely limited by illness... An all-area selection as a sophomore... Coached by Jeff Fuss... Also a multiple-year letterman in basketball... Considered to be one of the state's top post players.
Recruiting: Selected K-State over reported offers from Arkansas, Colorado State, Kansas, Nebraska and Tennessee.
Personal: Scott Krehbiel was born Oct. 4, 1987.
Why K-State?: "I just really feel that it is the best situation for me. One of the big reasons was I got to watch Virginia's offensive line in the bowl game. They looked really good and impressive and Coach (Ron) Prince was a big part of that. If he can coach like that, I want to be part of that. I just think the way things are going on in Manhattan, I think it is the right time to be there. I think things are looking very good up there."

TREVOR VIERS | DT
6-5, 265 | Windom, Kan. (Little River) | Watch Video

Quickly: An up-and-coming local prospect who was a standout two-way performer... Moves very well for his size and plays with tremendous energy... Played 8-man football as a prep... Considered to be a two-star prospect by Rivals.com.
Little River HS: A four-year starter at Little River High School... Named first team all-state by the Topeka-Capital Journal and Wichita Eagle as a senior... Earned All-Heart of America Conference honors all four seasons... Was an honorable mention all-state selection by the Topeka Capital-Journal and Wichita Eagle as a sophomore and junior... Coached by Shane Cordell... Also lettered in basketball and track & field... Won the 2005 state Class 1A shot put title with a heave of 55-3.75.
Recruiting: Selected K-State over an offer from Wyoming.
Personal: Trevor Rollyn Viers was born Aug. 17, 1987, in McPherson, Kan... Parents are Marvin and Tane Viers... Mother is an alumnus of Kansas State... An honor roll student who competed in forensics in high school... Uncle, Perry Viers, lettered at Kansas State from 1974-76 as a defensive end... Cousin, Boyd Viers, played linebacker at Iowa State from 2001-2004... Selected as the 2005 Little River homecoming king.
Why K-State?: "I really loved talking with Coach Prince and the entire coaching staff. It's just a great group they have there. I was honored to receive the offer from K-State to stay close to home and play in my home state. A big part of (my decision) was the fact that it was my home state and I wanted to be able to stay close to home. I just feel more at home at K-State."

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/CARSONCOFFMANNIKE1150.JPG
Carson Coffman. No bio up yet on K-Statesports, but this is the son of former NFL TE Paul Coffman and brother of MU TE Chase Coffman. Played QB at Ray-Pec.

Skip Towne
02-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Looks like a bunch of scrubs, Saul. Back to the Vince Gibson days.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Looks like a bunch of scrubs, Saul. Back to the Vince Gibson days.
Yeah. Oh well. We are a basketball school anyways.

Frosty
02-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Looks like we are going with the all TE offense and the all LB defense

OSU Recruits, so far (http://www.osubeavers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4700&ATCLID=233696) ROFL

He look, we got Sylvester Croom's second cousin :eek:

ROFL

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Although we had a couple of decommits, all of the decommits were at positions we were deep at. We got all of our big guys, we're top 10 in every position and the #1 overall class.

We're in damn fine shape!!

Mecca
02-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Apparently USC is getting LeSean McCoy over my already recruiting-starved Hokies. Talk about the rich getting richer. Wasn't USC's class 1 or 2 before that? With UF's decommits, that probably puts them over the top.

Even if we get McCoy he won't be able to play till next year.........I'll still take him thought.

Vidal Hazelton signed his LOI to USC despite heavy pressure from his dad to go to Penn State.

Mecca
02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
It looks like McCoy is going to the Hurricanes, I guess that fits for his bad grades.

USC got a 2007 commit from Chris Gallipo a 5 star LB.

Skip Towne
02-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Although we had a couple of decommits, all of the decommits were at positions we were deep at. We got all of our big guys, we're top 10 in every position and the #1 overall class.

We're in damn fine shape!!
Have you ever noticed anybody on this board that gives a shit about Florida?

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 05:52 PM

Yes.

And the rest are just jealous.

Mecca
02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Yes.

USC has just passed Florida for the #1 class according to rivals.......

Mecca
02-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Man, Vidal Hazeltons dad has serious issues. Vidal sent his LOI to USC and now his dad calling people saying it's not official cause he(Vidals dad) didn't sign it.

He's trying to force his son to go to Penn State when he doesn't want to go there.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Noone gives a shit about the $EC. Overrated conference.

58-4ever
02-01-2006, 06:33 PM
#9 according to Rivals. Boomer Sooner! A class led by USA Today defensive player of the year and Gatorade 2005 player of the year DT -Gerald McCoy.

Mecca
02-01-2006, 07:12 PM
The numbers are phenomenal. Even though we didn't nab some of the out-of-state linemen we took a shot at, we still addressed our key needs in the defensive backfield and the running back position. PC picked up a few stud WRs here, a few big linemen there, and put together a very solid class.

Conference Rankings

Just look at the aforementioned numbers. We have 12 Top 100 prospects. That's more than the entire ACC (9), the Big East (6) and all of the small conferences and Independents put together (6). In fact, if we land Keiland Williams or Jamere Holland we will be tied with the Big 12 at 13. Land both of them, and we are beating out the Big 12 in Top 100 recruits.

Unbelievable.

As far as 5-star recruits go, the numbers are the same. We are beating the ACC, Big East, and the Independents/Non-BCS conferences. If we can get KW, we are tied with the Big 12 at nine.

Don't know about y'all, but those are some awesome numbers. This is one school, one football program, beating out some of the top conferences in the country at landing the best players in the game.

alanm
02-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Nebraska did allright I guess. :)

Pos Stars Ht Wt 40 RR(?) video Hometown
Pierre Allen DE 6-5 222 4.6 5.5 Denver, CO
Steve Allen LB 6-2 230 4.5 - Fresno, CA
Cruz Barrett OL 6-4 314 5.41 5.6 Daytona Beach, FL
Major Culbert ATH 5-11 187 4.73 5.7 Harbor City, CA
Victory Haines OL 6-7 285 5.1 - Ephraim, UT
Ricky Henry OL 6-3 295 5.2 5.6 Omaha, NE
Will Henry WR 6-6 195 4.5 5.5 El Paso, TX
Menelik Holt WR 6-3 210 4.78 5.7 San Diego, CA
Seth Jensen DT 6-3 275 4.9 5.7 Fort Morgan, CO
Brandon Johnson DT 6-3 312 4.8 - Compton, CA
Andre Jones DB 6-0 195 4.4 - Fresno, CA
D.J. Jones OL 6-6 300 5.1 5.8 Omaha, NE
Ben Martin DE 6-4 232 4.8 5.2 Lincoln, NE
Mike McNeill TE 6-4 215 4.65 5.5 Kirkwood, MO
Carl Nicks OL 6-6 320 5 - Salinas, CA
Maurice Purify WR 6-4 210 4.45 - San Francisco, CA
Mike Smith DE 6-6 255 4.75 5.5 Las Vegas, NV
Ricky Thenarse ATH 6-0 175 4.48 5.8 Los Angeles, CA
Anthony West ATH 6-0 195 4.56 5.5 San Diego, CA
Keith Williams OL 6-5 310 5.4 5.5 Florissant, MO
Kenny Wilson RB 6-0 220 4.4 - El Dorado, KS
Corey Young DB 6-0 194 4.45 5.5 Omaha, NE

chagrin
02-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Damn dial up is killing me, so I won't wait for the page to fully load up, shit!

Anyway, Michigan looks pretty good, we still haven't done what I want to see as far as good NFL RB prospects, but there is this one kid, Carlos Brown, runs a 4.47 40 and if fuggin Lloyd takes his head out of his ass and learns how to coach again, we'll be okay here for the next few years.

penchief
02-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Penn State is ranked eighth. Which is pretty impressive considering that they never really rank very high in recruiting but they seem to make the most of their talent (excluding the past three of four seasons, of course). And considering that Happy Valley is in the middle of absolutely nofockingwhere. Those Miami guys ain't going to State College unless their Grandmamas are dragging them there by the short-hairs on the back of the necks.

penchief
02-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Damn dial up is killing me, so I won't wait for the page to fully load up, shit!

Anyway, Michigan looks pretty good, we still haven't done what I want to see as far as good NFL RB prospects, but there is this one kid, Carlos Brown, runs a 4.47 40 and if fuggin Lloyd takes his head out of his ass and learns how to coach again, we'll be okay here for the next few years.

Who's dial up? And how's he killing you?

chagrin
02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Who's dial up? And how's he killing you?

He's a bitch!

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Noone gives a shit about the $EC. Overrated conference.

There isn't a better conference in college football.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
There isn't a better conference in college football.
1 national title in the past 8 seasons. 2003 LSU, 1998 Tennessee (bullshit title anyways).

over-rated.

Mecca
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Penn State is ranked eighth. Which is pretty impressive considering that they never really rank very high in recruiting but they seem to make the most of their talent (excluding the past three of four seasons, of course). And considering that Happy Valley is in the middle of absolutely nofockingwhere. Those Miami guys ain't going to State College unless their Grandmamas are dragging them there by the short-hairs on the back of the necks.

Since you're a Penn State fan let me ask you something........

Do you want Vidal Hazelton? Basically all reports are he wants to go to USC but his dad is trying to force him to go to PSU. What's your opinion of this?

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 10:07 PM
1 national title in the past 8 seasons. 2003 LSU, 1998 Tennessee (bullshit title anyways).

over-rated.

No other league has as many good teams as the SEC. Generally, a team doesn't go undefeated in the league because they don't feast on a weak conference (a la USC & Texas). When a team does go undefeated, like Auburn, the BCS screws them.

Florida lost to Alabama, LSU, South Carolina (all SEC)
Georgia lost to Florida, Auburn (all SEC)
Auburn lost to GaTech 1st game of season & LSU
LSU lost to Tennessee & Georgia (all SEC)
Alabama lost to LSU & Alabama (all SEC)

This year's ACC Champ? Got whooped by UF.
Miami? Destroyed by LSU

SEC's top 5 teams (Georgia, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Auburn)
3-1 vs ACC
0-1 vs Big East
1-1 vs Big Ten
1-0 vs Pac 10
1-0 vs Big 12

And this was with Tennessee having a very down year.
Instead of most conferences having 1-3 good teams the SEC has 5-6 every year.

Reaper16
02-01-2006, 10:10 PM
http://www.nwmissouri.edu/sports/football/2005%20releases/06fb0201.shtml
Northwest Football Signs 23 in 2006 Class; Two Division I-AA Transfers Set to Play

MARYVILLE, Mo. -- Northwest Missouri State University head football coach Mel Tjeerdsma announced the signing of 23 high school senior student-athletes to NCAA and Northwest National Letters of Intent today. The list includes players from six different states including eight from the home state of Missouri. Also, two NCAA Division I-AA transfers, Daniel Gabris (St. Louis, Mo.) from Western Illinois University and Thomas Smith (Denver, Colo.) from the University of Northern Colorado, are on the roster to play football in 2006.

“I thought the most important thing was to find guys along the offensive and defensive lines and we did that,” said Tjeerdsma. “These interior lineman are impressive with their size and ability. I am really pleased overall with our group of signees.”

Following is a look at each individual:
• ALEX ANDERSON (Omaha, Neb.) - Safety, 6-3, 190 lb.
High School: Skutt Catholic Head Coach: Matt Turman Parents: Greg & Ann Anderson Major: Undecided
Notes: Mentioned on the all-state team for both offense and defense ... Honored as all-district and all-conference ... Member of state championship squad ... Named to the academic all-conference team ... Honorary team captain.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is a rangy safety with good height. He is a very physical player who hasn’t filled out yet physically. He moves well and has good instincts.

• BLAKE BOLLES (Lincoln, Neb.) - Quarterback, 6-4, 190 lb.
High School: Lincoln Southwest Head Coach: Mark King Parents: Lanny & Lana Bolles Major: Business
Notes: Two-year letter winner in football and basketball ... Named to the Honorable Mention All-Nebraska State Team ... An all-city selection ... Tossed for 879 yards and four touchdowns as a senior ... A three-year participant on the baseball team
Comments from Tjeerdsma: Blake has a lot of untapped ability. We are looking forward to his development as a quarterback.

• DAVID CURTIN (Overland Park, Kan.) - Defensive End, 6-3, 235 lb.
High School: Shawnee Mission S. Head Coach: Don Hanna Parents: William & Fiona Curtin Major: Education
Notes: Earned Honorable Mention All-Sunflower League honors as a senior at offensive tackle ... Named to the Honorable Mention All-Sunflower League squad as a junior defensive end.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: Curtin was a good high school player. He has to develop physically as he is a bit undersized. That will be the key for his future.

• DANIEL GABRIS (St. Louis, Mo.) - Linebacker, 6-2, 230 lb.
High School: Lindbergh Head Coach: Tom Beauchamp Parents: Joe & Debbie Gabris Major: Business
Notes: Transfer from Western Illinois University and will be a sophomore at Northwest ... At WIU, totaled three rushes at fullback and also saw action on special teams ... Was a redshirt in 2004 ... As a prep at Lindbergh High, named the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Defensive Player of the Year ... Honored on the first team all-state and all-district squads ... Tallied 127 tackles, 19 tackles-for-a-loss and five sacks as a senior ... Posted 14 tackles in four different games.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: We recruited him out of high school but he chose to go to Western Illinois initially. They put him at fullback and special teams but his real love is linebacker. He is a great hitter and real physical.

• MATT HATCHER (Fountain, Colo.) - Offensive Lineman, 6-3, 270 lb.
High School: Fountain Fort Carson Head Coach: Mitch Johnson Parents: Clay and Lauri Hatcher Major: Undecided
Notes: Tabbed as first team all-conference player two times ... Recognized to the First Team All-Colorado State squad as a senior ... Played in the Colorado All-State game in June ... As a junior, mentioned on the Honorable Mention Team by the Denver Post ... Parents were alumni at Northwest - father, Clay was an offensive lineman for four years from 1980-83.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is an outstanding run blocker and really aggressive. He is great off the ball for a lineman.

• CORY HERNANDEZ (Kansas City, Mo.) - Offensive Lineman, 6-2, 270 lb.
High School: Liberty Head Coach: Pat Hansen Parents: Carlos Hernandez & Catherine Wilkes Major: Business
Notes: Honored on the 2005 first team all-state, all-metro, all-district and all-conference squads ... As a junior, named to the first team all-conference, all-district and all-metro teams ... Co-MVP of his team.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is a physical player. What he lacks in height, he makes up for in his explosiveness. We need him to develop in the weight room in the offseason.

• WILLIE HORN (Lee’s Summit, Mo.) - Linebacker, 6-1, 215 lb.
High School: Blue Springs South Head Coach: Greg Oder Parents: Martha Johnson Major: Business
Notes: Was a first team all-conference and all-area pick ... Named to the Second Team All-Missouri State squad ... Also recognized with all-district and all-metro honors ... Team captain ... Brother of Joe, who is a wide receiver for the New Orleans Saints, and Scorpio, who played on the offensive and defensive line at Missouri Western.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He came from a very excellent high school program. He is a great hitter and runs very well. We look for him to develop in the weight room. With his brother being at Missouri Western, Willie is familiar with the conference.

• BROCK HOUSTON (Helena, Mo.) - Wide Receiver, 6-5, 200 lb.
High School: Savannah Head Coach: David Kuhl Parents: Kelly & Rita Houston Major: Biological Sciences
Notes: Two-time St. Joseph News Press First Team pick and all-conference honoree ... In 2005, named to the all-state, all-area and all-district teams ... Member of the National Honor Society ... Currently, near the top of several basketball statistical categories such as scoring and rebounding in the MEAC.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is a three-sport kid so he is very athletic. He was third in the state high jump. When he concentrates on one sport, he can turn into a very good wide receiver. He has a big body and runs well.

• RYAN JONES (Liberty, Mo.) - Cornerback, 5-11, 170 lb.
High School: Liberty Head Coach: Pan Hansen Parents: Anthony & Terri Jones Major: Physical Education
Notes: Earned First Team All-Missouri State accolades at wide receiver as a senior ... Also in 2005, honored at wide receiver and defensive back first team all-conference ... Team captain ... As a junior, named honorable mention all-conference at DB ... A state qualifier in the long jump as a junior.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is an outstanding cornerback. He is pretty well developed for a high school player. He is very fundamentally sound and has the possibility to be a contributor real early.

• BRETT KAISER (Elkhorn, Neb.) - Offensive Lineman, 6-3, 250 lb.
High School: Elkhorn Head Coach: Mark Wortman Parents: Don and Lu Ann Kaiser Major: Business
Notes: Part of a team that made it to the state playoffs ... Named to the all-conference squad ... His brother, Kyle, is a three-year starter at defensive lineman at Northwest and returns in 2006.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He has a nice frame and has the possibility to develop his strength and speed in our weight program. He has a really good motor and plays hard. If he plays like his brother Kyle did, he will be a great addition for us.

• RYAN LESSMAN (Sioux City, Iowa) - Offensive Lineman, 6-2, 275 lb.
High School: East Head Coach: Steve Zediker Parents: Randy & Susan Lessman Major: Exercise Science
Notes: Honored on the Coaches and Associated Press Second Team All-State squad ... Named to the First Team All-Northwest Iowa team ... All-conference and all-city selections ... Three-time academic all-conference pick ... Cousin of current assistant coach Curt Lessman.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is a good player but we have to develop his speed and agility. He is aggressive and uses his hands well. His dad was an outstanding punter at the University of Nebraska, so he comes from a family of good athletes.

• CLINT MOORE (Princeton, Mo.) - Running Back, 6-1, 185 lb.
High School: Princeton Head Coach: Chris Holt Parents: Richard & Terri Moore Major: Agriculture
Notes: An unanimous selection on the first-team all-conference team at both running back and defensive back in 2004 & 2005 ... Associated Press First Team All-State pick ... Two-time all-district honoree ... Helped lead the team to a conference championship as a sophomore when he returned an interception for a touchdown ... In 2004, won district honors in four different track events ... Conference champion in the 200-meter.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He was a great running back at Princeton. He will have to develop size-wise to be a great college player. But he has good speed with excellent quickness.

• NATE RAFFETY (Omaha, Neb.) - Tight End, 6-4, 240 lb.
High School: Millard West Head Coach: Kirk Petersen Parents: Cheryl & Jeff Raffety Major: Business
Notes: All-district selection ... Team captain ... Part of a squad to make it to the state playoffs ... Earned all-america honors as a swimmer ... State swimming champion.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: We signed him as a tight end and we will see how he projects there. He runs very well for a big guy. He was primarily used as a blocker in high school so he is solid in that area.

• ERIC RICKERT (Omaha, Neb.) - Offensive Lineman, 6-4, 290 lb.
High School: Millard West Head Coach: Kirk Peterson Parents: Ray & Andrea Rickert Major: Business
Notes: Mentioned on the Lincoln Journal Star All-State and Omaha World Herald Second Team All-State squads ... All-metro pick ... As a track athlete, honored on the All-Metro Academic Team ... Placed second in State Class A shot put.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is a solid offensive lineman but has to develop his agility. He was a great high school shot put athlete in Nebraska. He will be a track and field athlete at Northwest.

• SHAYNE SHADE (Des Moines, Iowa) - Defensive Lineman, 6-1, 265 lb.
High School: Roosevelt Head Coach: Joe Hornback Parents: Marlene Shade & Brian Harris Major: Engineering
Notes: Mentioned on the Des Moines Register Second Team All-State squad ... In his final three seasons, voted unanimously as a first team all-conference defensive tackle ... Ended his career with 33 tackles-for-a-loss and eight sacks ... Participated in wrestling and the shot put as a sophomore ... Currently undefeated as a wrestler in the Iowa heavyweight division.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He was really an outstanding high school player. He has great natural strength and good balance and agility for a big guy. He will contribute early for this team.

• THOMAS SMITH (Denver, Colo.) - Linebacker, 6-0, 230 lb.
High School: Montbello Head Coach: David Gonzales Parents: Thomas Smith & Letitia Watts Major: Exercise Science
Notes: Transfer from the University of Northern Colorado and will be a senior at Northwest ... Played three years at UNC, but redshirted in 2005 with an injury ... Picked to the Honorable Mention All-Great West team in 2004 ... Ranked third on the team with 95 total tackles, including 11.5 tackles-for-a-loss ... Ended UNC career with 176 total tackles and 6.5 sacks ... At Montebello HS, named to the First Team All-Denver Prep League squad ... Among the state tackle leaders in Class 5A ... Picked twice to the all-city team.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He was an outstanding player at Northern Colorado, starting three years. We look for him to be a major contributor. He has already shown some leadership skills since he has been here.

• KYLE SUNDERMAN (Papillion, Neb.) - Defensive End, 6-4, 230 lb.
High School: Papio Head Coach: Gene Suhr Parents: Frank & Becky Sunderman Major: Business
Notes: Recognized on the Omaha World Herald Second Team All-Super State squad ... Earned Class A All-State and all-district honors ... Team captain ... Member of a state playoff team ... Honored on all-state squad playing baseball ... His brother, Mike was an all-conference football pick and sister, Abby was a three-time All-MIAA volleyball selection at Northwest.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He was recruited by other schools as a tight end but we got him as a defensive end. He is well developed as a high school player and could be an early contributor. He has outstanding speed and uses his hands well for his size.

• AARON TERRY (Omaha, Neb.) - Defensive Lineman, 6-0, 265 lb.
High School: North Elkhorn Head Coach: Larry Martin Parents: George & Robin Weingaertener Major: Undecided
Notes: Earned Omaha World Herald Super All-State honors as a senior ... Team captain ... Named to the all-metro squad ... Part of a district championship team ... Metro Defensive Lineman of the Year as a junior ... Advanced to the state wrestling meet all four years ... Posted a 25-1 record at heavyweight as a senior ... The nephew of defensive coordinator Scott Bostwick and graduate assistant Chad Bostwick.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He has a great motor and always plays hard. He gives effort all the time like a Chad Bostwick. What he lacks in his height, he makes up for in his aggressiveness.

• ALEX TOMES (Sioux City, Iowa) - Defensive Lineman, 6-3, 248 lb.
High School: East Head Coach: Steve Zediker Parents: Ron & Maria Livermore Major: Biology
Notes: Voted to the all-state, all-metro and all-conference teams ... Honored on the All-Northwest Iowa Team ... Led the state in all classes with 14 sacks ... Holds the state powerlifting record.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is a really good defensive end. He has the ability to make a lot of big plays and gets off the ball extremely well. He is pretty well developed and could be an early contributor.

• ADAM VONDRAK (Sioux City, Iowa) - Linebacker, 6-3, 220 lb.
High School: Heelan Head Coach: Roger Jansen Parents: Greg & Anna Vondrak Major: Business Management
Notes: As a senior, named to the first team all-state, first team all-conference and first team all-metro squads ... Team captain ... In 2004, honored on the second team all-conference club ... Member of the Academic Honor Roll.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He comes from a long line of good high school players. We like his physicalness and see him as an inside linebacker. He is a really good hitter and one to two years away in his development from playing a lot.

• DANE WARDENBURG (Creston, Iowa) - Offensive Lineman, 6-6, 230 lb.
High School: Creston Head Coach: Dick Bergtron Parents: Phil & Anita Wardenburg Major: Business
Notes: A three-year letter winner in football, baseball and basketball ... As a senior, named to the Third Team All-Iowa State squad and First Team All-District 8 club ... Earned First Team All-District 8 and first team all-conference laurels as a junior ... Honorable mention all-conference in basketball and baseball ... Team captain in football and basketball in his final season.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is a prototypical offensive lineman. He has a big frame, great feet and has lots of room for growth. His future development is looking good.

• JASON WISEMAN (Garden City, Mo.) - Offensive Lineman, 6-5, 225 lb.
High School: Harrisonville Head Coach: Fred Bouchard Parents: Mike & Cathy Wiseman Major: Undecided
Notes: As a senior, named First Team Coaches All-Missouri State and first team all-district ... First team all-conference and all-district selection two straight years ... Second team all-state as a junior ... Part of a team to win state titles in 2005 and 2003.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: Both the Wiseman kids came out of a great Harrisonville program with two state championship titles in three seasons. Both have great feet for offensive lineman. They have great potential and run very well.

• STEVEN WISEMAN (Garden City, Mo.) - Offensive Lineman, 6-5, 225 lb.
High School: Harrisonville Head Coach: Fred Bouchard Parents: Mike & Cathy Wiseman Major: Undecided
Notes: In 2005, honored on the Third Team Coaches All-Missouri State club ... Recognized as a unanimous first team all-conference pick in 2005 ... Second team all-district as a senior and third team all-district in 2004 ... Part of a team to win state titles in 2005 and 2003.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: Both the Wiseman kids came out of a great Harrisonville program with two state championship titles in three seasons. Both have great feet for offensive lineman.. They have great potential and run very well.

• DeANDRE WOMACK (St. Louis, Mo.) - Linebacker, 5-10, 180 lb.
High School: Lutheran North Head Coach: Jim Manton Parents: John & Karla Hogan Major: Business
Notes: Named as a First Team All-Conference pick among Lutheran schools ... Recognized on the Honorable Mention All-Metro team in St. Louis.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He is similar to a Willie Horn (signed this year). He runs well and is an outstanding hitter. A couple years down the road, he can be a really good player for us.

• TRISTAN YOUNG (Arlington, Tex.) - Wide Receiver, 6-0, 185 lb.
High School: Oakridge Academy Head Coach: Phillip Farhat Parents: William & Beverly Ver Steeg Major: Business
Notes: As a senior, named to the Honorable Mention All-Southwest Prepatory Conference squad ... Team captain ... Played in the Tom Hillary Dallas-Fort Worth Classic All-Star game.
Comments from Tjeerdsma: He has a very good frame, pretty well developed for a high school receiver. He has excellent hands and runs well after the catch. He is following the line of good receivers out of the state of Texas.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Forgot all about Washburn....

TOPEKA - Ichabod head coach Craig Schurig has announced 17 high school signees who will join the Ichabods next fall. The Ichabods finished the 2005 season with their first MIAA Championship and NCAA Playoff appearance.
"We're excited with our class," Schurig said. "We've addressed needs on both sides of the ball and we believe that we have signed talented players who will help us build on the success that we have this past season. This was a very competitve recruiting season and our coaching staff did an outstanding job this season finding our needs and addressing them."
The Ichabods finished No. 13 in the final AFCA National poll while winning their first MIAA Championship in 2005 and hosted their first NCAA Playoff game in school hhistory finishing the season with a 9-3 record.
The Ichabods will open the 2006 season at home on Sept. 2 in Yager Stadium at 1 p.m. against Colorado Mines and start the defense of their MIAA title at Central Missouri on Sept. 16.

Tim Banke (6-5, 275, Defensive Line • Omaha, Neb./Skutt Catholic High School)
Named Class B honorable mention all-super state as a senior … part of the Class B State football championship team … son of Mark and Bridget Banke … undecided on possible major.

David DeMars (6-4, 275, Offensive Line • St. Marys, Kan./St. Marys High School)
Named first team all-state and all-league as a senior on the offensive line … as a junior, he was a first team all-league and honorable mention all-state pick on the offensive line …was an honorable mention all-league defensive lineman as a sophomore …a four-year football and wrestling letterman for the Bears … was league champion wrestler as a junior and state qualifier …an academic all-league selections four years … son of Fred and Kitty DeMars … anticipated major is computer information science.

Aaron Harvey (5-10, 180, Running back • Kansas City, Mo./North Kansas City High School)
Rushed for 1,651 yards and 21 rushing touchdowns and two receiving touchdowns … he was a first team all-league, all-metro pick by the Kansas City Star and all-Metro Sports pick … son of Dewayne and Kelly Harvey … anticipated major is business.

Jacob Iverson (6-5, 190, Quarterback • Lincoln, Neb./Lincoln North Star High School)
Passed for 2,641 yards as a senior … named team's most valuable player … an all-city pick as a senior … named EA Sports Elite 11 Quarterback at Las Vegas camp and received Elite Quarterback rating at Nike Camp in Manhattan …named honorable mention class A super state … named honorable mention all-state by the Omaha World Herald … son of Ronald and Cathy Iverson … anticipated major is business administration.

Blake Kasselman (6-5, 195, Wide Receiver • Bonner Springs, Kan./Bonner Springs High School)
Had 33 catches for 454 yards and five touchdowns as a senior … recorded a 3.8 grade point average … son of Lew and Linda Kasselman … anticipated major is mass media.

Chris Ketter (6-3, 220, Defensive End • Lecompton, Kan./Lecompton High School)
A four-year lettermen who was named first team all-league on the offensive and defensive lines …an all-area pick by the Lawrence Journal World …named all-state class 4A honorable mention …three-year letterman in basketball and baseball …a member of the National Honor Society and three-year honor roll … son of Philip and Nancy Ketter … anticipated major is pre-med or business.

Cameron Knox (6-2, 255, Tight End • Minneapolis, Kan./Minneapolis High School)
Was an honorable mention all-league pick at fullback as a freshman and as a senior after earning all-league honors as a sophomore … recruited to play tight end for the Ichabods … son of Tammy and the late Troy Knox …undecided on possible major.

Ty Lewis (6-2, 250, Offensive Line • Denver, Colo./Jefferson Academy)
Named second team all-state and first team all-league as a senior … named first team all-league as a sophomore … a second team all-league and all-state in basketball as a junior … an academic honorable mention all-state pick as a freshman, sophomore and junior … son of Diana and Vincent Lewis … undecided on possible major.

Terrence Lowe (5-8, 170, Running back • Alamogordo, N.M./Alamogordo High School)
Was a two-year first team all-district pick and a first team all-state selection as a senior … named freshman and junior varsity team MVP … received Tiger Pride Award … son of Jasper and Brenda Lowe … undecided on anticipated major.

Brahn Marrs (6-0, 190, Placekicker / Punter • Salina, Kan./Salina Sacred Heart High School)
A two-time honorable mention all-state placekicker as a junior and senior … named honorable mention all-state as a linebacker as a senior … first team all-league and all-area kicker as a sophomore, junior and senior … named to academic honor roll …son of Donnie and Mona Marrs …anticipated major is business.

Josh Moller (6-4, 280, Offensive Line • Republic, Mo./Republic High School)
As a senior, was a 2nd team all-league, first team all-district, first team all-Ozarks and second team all-state … as a junior received first team all-league, first team all-district, first team all-Ozarks and first team all-state honors … earned three varsity letters in football, two in track and one in basketball … son of Matt and Connie Moller … anticipated major is business.

Luke Schuckman (5-11, 205, Linebacker • Wichita, Kan./Bishop Carroll High School)
A two-time first team all-state linebacker pick following his junior and senior seasons … named to Kansas Football Coaches Association all-state first team as a senior …named to Kansas Top Eleven second team as a senior … two time all-metro first team pick as a junior and senior …named first team all-league as a junior and senior …also on Golden Eagles state baseball championship team in 2005 … son of Larry and Toni Schuckman … anticipated major is business.

Thadd Taylor (6-3, 250, Offensive Line • Topeka, Kan./Seaman High School)
Was an honorable mention all-city pick and co-captain of the Viking football team … named second team all-city in wrestling and finished sixth as a junior at state … also three shot and discus in track … son of Richard and Tamara Taylor … anticipated major is business.

Josh Torrez (6-0, 195, Running Back/Safety • Topeka, Kan./Hayden High School)
Named all-state class 4A running back team and to Kansas Coaches All-state team as a senior … named co-city offensive player of the year and to all-city team after rushing for 1,675 yards and scoring 31 touchdowns … Torrez was a first-team all-Centennial League selection at running back and was second-team all-league on defense at safety as a senior… an all-Centennial League pick at safety as a junior … named best in city and league two straight seasons in track in the javelin throw … son of Greg and Molly Torrez …anticipated major is pre-denistry.

Ray Trice (6-1, 188, Outside linebacker • Kansas City, Mo./Park Hill South High School)
A three-time all-league pick following his sophomore, junior and senior seasons … named all-district and all-Northland as a junior and senior …named second team all-metro as a senior and all-state as a senior … also named first team class 5A all-state … set school record for most sacks in a season … also a three-year starter in basketball earning all-league honors as a sophomore and junior, all-district as a junior, all-Northland as a junior, honorable mention all-metro as a sophomore, second team all-metro as a junior …is the career scoring leader for Park Hill … also ran track …son of Jeremy Crockett and Piper Walker … anticipated major is communications / mass media.

Ian Vistine (6-6, 295, Offensive line • Blue Springs, Mo./Blue Springs High School)
Named honorable mention all-league on the offensive line … named honorable mention all-area offensive line by the Independence Examiner … a two year lettermen on the offensive line for the Wildcats … also lettered in track two seasons … son of Greg Vistine and Tammy Keiser …anticipated major is math education.

Terek Wisinger (6-3, 225, Defensive end • Cheney, Kan./Cheney High School)
Named all-league linebacker as a freshman … honorable mention all-league running back as a sophomore, junior and senior …named all-league linebacker as a sophomore … second team all-league pick in basketball as a freshman and first team all-league as a junior … son of Curtis and Toia Wisinger …anticipated major is pre-med.

Reaper16
02-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Looks like a good class for Washburn.
They'll be good again this year; I know I don't like the idea of going to Topeka to play them.

jAZ
02-01-2006, 10:22 PM
What's the over-under on academic non-qualifiers in UA's recruiting class this year?
I'm not sure... I've heard nothing to be overly concerned about. Our 2 five-star JC transfers aren't going to make it through the admission process in time for spring ball, but both have graduated, so they should be able to join the team in June for Summer Session. That was the only concern I'm aware of, and it doesn't sound like an issue so much.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Looks like a good class for Washburn.
They'll be good again this year; I know I don't like the idea of going to Topeka to play them.
http://ssfootball.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=36025

This kid got offers from Iowa, CSU, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Kansas. Interesting.

Skip Towne
02-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Yes.

Well, I haven't. You're talking to yourself. Nobody gives a shit about Florida.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 10:34 PM
No other league has as many good teams as the SEC. Generally, a team doesn't go undefeated in the league because they don't feast on a weak conference (a la USC & Texas). When a team does go undefeated, like Auburn, the BCS screws them.

Florida lost to Alabama, LSU, South Carolina (all SEC)
Georgia lost to Florida, Auburn (all SEC)
Auburn lost to GaTech 1st game of season & LSU
LSU lost to Tennessee & Georgia (all SEC)
Alabama lost to LSU & Alabama (all SEC)

This year's ACC Champ? Got whooped by UF.
Miami? Destroyed by LSU

SEC's top 5 teams (Georgia, Florida, LSU, Alabama, Auburn)
3-1 vs ACC
0-1 vs Big East
1-1 vs Big Ten
1-0 vs Pac 10
1-0 vs Big 12

And this was with Tennessee having a very down year.
Instead of most conferences having 1-3 good teams the SEC has 5-6 every year.

Doesn't say a whole hell of a lot for the $EC when Auburn goes undefeated but is kept out of the title game.

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Doesn't say a whole hell of a lot for the $EC when Auburn goes undefeated but is kept out of the title game.

Only proves that the BCS is shit. That Auburn team would have destroyed Oklahoma and could have beaten USC.

DaKCMan AP
02-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, I haven't. You're talking to yourself. Nobody gives a shit about Florida.

Florida's great in about every sport, sunshine year round, beaches, gorgeous women. I'd be jealous too.

Mecca
02-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Florida's great in about every sport, sunshine year round, beaches, gorgeous women. I'd be jealous too.

I was just on a Scout board............Florida fans have issues, they're claiming the recruiting rankings are rigged because USC passed them.

SoCalBronco
02-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Vidal Hazelton is not official to USC. His father is not signing the LOI, which is also required since he is under 18. This is very similar to the Kellen Winslow situation a few years ago when Sr. wanted Michigan St. because Bobby Williams is black but Jr. wanted Washington, they ofcourse compromised on Miami.

Here, Dad wants Vidal to go to Penn St. Kid wants USC. Hopefully he will come to the U as well, although his grades are still terrible and he wont be admitted until January at the earliest. I dont think parents should be doing this kind of thing though. Totally uncool. Kid has a right to go where they want. Whitney Lewis's mom ruined him by forcing him to go to USC when his heart was at FSU (although im glad FSU didnt get him).

Mecca
02-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Vidal Hazelton is not official to USC. His father is not signing the LOI, which is also required since he is under 18. This is very similar to the Kellen Winslow situation a few years ago when Sr. wanted Michigan St. because Bobby Williams is black but Jr. wanted Washington, they ofcourse compromised on Miami.

Here, Dad wants Vidal to go to Penn St. Kid wants USC. Hopefully he will come to the U as well, although his grades are still terrible and he wont be admitted until January at the earliest. I dont think parents should be doing this kind of thing though. Totally uncool. Kid has a right to go where they want. Whitney Lewis's mom ruined him by forcing him to go to USC when his heart was at FSU (although im glad FSU didnt get him).

And Whitney Lewis has never done a god damned thing. He should have gone where he wanted to go.

If I was Penn State I don't know how much I'd want Hazelton. Having a player who doesn't really wanna be there can never be that great of a thing.

penchief
02-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Since you're a Penn State fan let me ask you something........

Do you want Vidal Hazelton? Basically all reports are he wants to go to USC but his dad is trying to force him to go to PSU. What's your opinion of this?

Of course Penn State could use him but it looks like he already signed a letter of intent for USC.

I'm just happy if they don't have a crappy recruiting class because they usually find a way to get the most of their players. For Penn State, eighth is pretty darn good.

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
(AP)

All 119 Div I-A Schools sign "Very Good" Recruiting Classes

WASHINGTON - As National Signing Day slowly came to a close, all 119 Div I-A head coaches talked yesterday afternoon about their "fine" classes and how "proud" they were of the kids that have signed with their respective schools. Speaking under the condition of anonymity, one coach said, "This is a really solid class. We filled our needs and got some quality young men."

Saulbadguy
02-02-2006, 10:26 AM
(AP)

All 119 Div I-A Schools sign "Very Good" Recruiting Classes

WASHINGTON - As National Signing Day slowly came to a close, all 119 Div I-A head coaches talked yesterday afternoon about their "fine" classes and how "proud" they were of the kids that have signed with their respective schools. Speaking under the condition of anonymity, one coach said, "This is a really solid class. We filled our needs and got some quality young men."
Pretty much sums up signing day.

phxchief
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM

over-rated.

*dunce*

You wanna talk about bullshit titles? Talk to undefeated Auburn.

The reason SEC teams aren't always winning titles is because it's so ****ing hard to win in the SEC, not like the pathetic Big XII trash.

And when a team DOES come through undefeated, they get ****ed over for of a team that goes and gets embarrassed in the NC game.

phxchief
02-02-2006, 10:30 AM

*double-dunce*

New to this?

That just speaks to how SHIT the BCS is, and it is pure, unfiltererd horse SHIT.

Oklahoma started the season ranked higher, therefore Auburn could do better than #3 unless Oklahoma lost.

Saulbadguy
02-02-2006, 10:55 AM
*double-dunce*

New to this?

That just speaks to how SHIT the BCS is, and it is pure, unfiltererd horse SHIT.

Oklahoma started the season ranked higher, therefore Auburn could do better than #3 unless Oklahoma lost.
Auburns non-con was much weaker than OU's. Hence, they were left out of the title game.

RickObie
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Listen to the bickering, you could live down the road from Mecca and be a San Diego State fan like myself, we struggle every year, do you all feel better now??